Comments By Chris K.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/dusk.jpg avatar
  • Chris K.
  • Comments:

Pam/Driver solutions Contract

.17 cpm will be for all miles truck is driven. So if you drive 2,000 miles in a week and co-driver 2200 you will get paid for 4400.

Pam/Driver solutions Contract

Call PAM man, you don't want that credit etc hanging over your head. Stevens is a good starter company but so is PAM. I talked w them when I decided to get back into trucking and I will admit the recruiter never mentioned 6 months team. However it's not that bad. I drove for a team company years ago and had little problem other than sleep. Although my last team driver will still get a "smack" if I ever see him again.

Online Transport

I have talked w them and posted about them a couple weeks ago. They offer training etc. Trainng is in Indianapolis. They pay while you train etc. Search forum for my original post----FYI-online transport.

Florida to Ohio

Continental Express in Sydney, oh takes drivers right out of Cdl school(if you go private route). I do think you need to be based in Ohio though. Reefer units.

#Upgrade...ah yeah!

Congrats! Keep it shiny side up.dancing-banana.gifdancing.gifdancing-dog.gif

Posted:  5 years ago

What's a good company to start out with?

Errol also.

Posted:  5 years ago

What's a good company to start out with?

Grrrrrrrrrr. This is a nice forum I like to read daily. Not giving my opinion. Grrrrr. Old School rules by the way.dancing-dog.gif

Pam/Driver solutions Contract

As far as I know PAM is not a team only operation.

Pam/Driver solutions Contract

No matter what you are going to have to team w a trainer for at least 4-6 weeks. W Stevens you have to log 10,000 miles and drive certain areas of country and mountains. After that you will team for a couple weeks a another trainee and then go solo.

Posted:  5 years ago

My first week with a trainer.

Isn't Donners Pass on I-80 in California?

Yes, between Reno, NV and Sacramento, CA.

Drove it ten years ago w Stevens. No jake either!

Posted:  5 years ago

My first week with a trainer.

Isn't Donners Pass on I-80 in California?

Posted:  5 years ago

What's a good company to start out with?

I have seen ads for military vets from Stevens, Werner, Swift, USA Truck, etc

Posted:  5 years ago

How on earth can i get the miles?

Trucking truth needs a flat bed only forum w Old School as the leader. Personally I plan on reefer/dry van or tanker(in long run). I'm first too admit i am a bit of a $$&&y when it comes to the hard work of flat bedding. Ok ramblings again. Many props to Old School for his insight and honest in your face facts about this business.

Swift Drivers

Oh and you were out 7 days tops home 2. Furniture and Princess house from Mt Airy produce back.

Swift Drivers

There's a team company there called Cooke and they are pretty decent. Zone pay. Now ten years ago it was La and back 750-800 for the trip. Washington and back 850/900 but I'm not sure what they pay now.

H O Wolding

My knowledge of HO is from years ago and they were known for some run down equipment, no other negatives that I remember besides normal unhappy driver gripes. I

Swift Drivers

Swift gets a bad rep from some drivers even on here. From what I read about there training, mentor stage, then to solo, I personally think they are a stand up company. I considered going to Richmond academy but am most likely going to CDS in Roanoke instead. Will most likely send them an app anyway. I have my eye on a smaller company also. Check out Western Express also, they advertise "Have a CDL?, No Experience, No problem!" Of course you will have to go out with a trainer. How far are you from Mt. Airy?

Deuce and a Half

Mission BBQ??

Lazy truckers?

Typical of today's society. I gave a driver in here some smaller companies in my area that would hire him w the experience he had(very little) and he scoffed at it. He trained w Stevens and left for unknown reasons. He was worried about his opportunities and I let him know smaller companies in the area that would take a look at him. He said "no" they are reefer companies and I will only do dry Van. Ok good luck. Don't even get me started on people in the restaurant business.

Get out of the truck!

When I was training years ago I wanted to stop on 101 and run out my foot or hand in Pacific Ocean and my trainer laughed, said no. I did however almost had him talked into stopping along Columbia River in Oregon and fish for Salmon. Did not have enough time on load to stop and figure out how to get a fishing license.