Comments By Chris K.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/dusk.jpg avatar
  • Chris K.
  • Comments:

College student looking to survey truck drivers for research, how do I send out the survey?

I would contact ooida. Owner operator independent drivers association. Most drivers on here are company drivers, fuel and go.

Flattie is Officially leaving for Company training!

Keep us posted on Abilene. I'm going to driving school here in Va and I know Abilene recruits there.

Truck Stop Etiquette

I had an instance at a produce shipper in Ca where I stepped between a driver and the Hispanic fork lift operator. The driver was yelling obscenities at this poor guy and being blatantly racist. Granted we almost came to blows. Over the next 4 months I picked of Priduce there prob ten times. The forklift drivers did not forget me, I never waited more then 10 minutes for a hole. ****ed some other drivers off though. Especially those who had been waiting 4-5 hrs.smile.gif

Company hiring team with little experience

Where are you from? Home area?

MILLIS QUESTIONS

Gotcha. Not trying to go rock the boat.

MILLIS QUESTIONS

Understood. I don't understand deleting our post exchanging emails. I see email exchange on site often. If it's a privacy issue, the email address I gave is one I use for trucking only. So my main address is not clogged w the 10,000 recruiting msg daily. sorry.gifrofl-3.gif

MILLIS QUESTIONS

Do you drive for them now? What school did u attend?

Fingerprinting Loads (that is - DRIVER UNLOADS)

W Stevens (2005) I assisted in unloading plants one time. Other than that it was lumpers or dock workers.

Millis Transfer - Eden, NC - Start Date: 5/31/2016

Old Rookie how's it going? Talked w recruiting today and said if I pass physical I should be good to go!

Is May Trucking a good starting company?

A few drivers here should pipe in. I have heard nothing but positive about them.

I have had it

Oh I do so agree on the hating people part. I have a chance to open my own and could give a flying $$&&. I am so over the new breed of restaurant people etc. I was blind ten years ago when I left trucking and got back in the biz. Trucking is stressful, but a different stress from running a restaurant. Truckers can be grumpy, mean, nice, helpful, and brutally honest. I was always content w trucking and the lifestyle, I just let the simple crap get to me. Also I couldn't adjust my mindset from the go go go of restaurant industry. My impatience got ahead of me. I wanted to get "backing into a hole m" immediately. No patience. " A la minute " If I get the "do over" I'm going to be patient relax and master the art of trucking.good-luck-2.gifdancing-banana.gif

I have had it

Damn Chickie! We should team drive and I could teach you everything CIA could. Hmmm. Trucker Chef. Wheels are turning.

I have had it

Eckoh, you are a Johnny wadder? I graduated Charleston 1993 myself. Trying my best to get out of restaurants(for 2nd) time. Running into a few hurdles but I'm hoping to get there. Where did you go and when did u graduate?

Question For Brett or A Veteran

Depends on company size. Maybe. I have a friend who runs a 40 truck company and requires 2 years but using the term "trainee" he hired some people w one year. Not sure the details or legality but he would do it occasionally. Especially if he knew the driver.

One of "those" days...

I do believe those chaps should put down the ....rhymes w gong!

Millis Transfer - Eden, NC - Start Date: 5/31/2016

Ha! I was going to spell it that way. Auto correct.

Millis Transfer - Eden, NC - Start Date: 5/31/2016

I plan on calling Monday and speaking w Alice or Rachel.

Disposing of Rejected Freight

Happened to me in Dallas. US Foods took 4 pallets of bacon minus 1/4 pallet..we told just to take it they literally flipped on my trainer and made us leave. Ended up giving it to food bank.

I have had it

Oh Donners Pass, I went down my second solo load w Stevens, no jake brake! Supposed to go down in gear 1/2 of what grade is...9% so 4 or 5(Stevens rule)! It was one lane, 4 feet drop on one side( construction) and 1/2 way down my brakes are smoking. "Hey Stevens, you are going to cook that spinach you're hauling"!! It was white knuckles.😳😳 rambling again

Millis Transfer - Eden, NC - Start Date: 5/31/2016

I'm scheduled for next class but may have to drop out. When you sign their app it states they will pull all your med records. I can pass dot physical etc but my records are not correct. I had an er situation two years ago and the stuff the dr put in records are baffling. My dispute of these records will take 90 days to resolve. I'm pretty disappointed about this. I hear such good things about Millis especially Eden.