Comments By MindFreak

https://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/sd_736_photo_053-1414681755.jpg avatar
  • MindFreak
  • Comments:

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Is this common? (trucking schools baiting people to come in)

I live in Little Rock and had the same thing happen. I responded to two different ads in the Little Rock newspaper..one for Stevens and one for I believe TMC Different numbers but both got me Diesel Driving Academy in Little Rock.

Start training tomorrow

You were in my territory..lol I live just outside of Little Rock. I have 3 friends driving for Maverick..one of them is in Temp Control..you will like it there and be well taken care of.

Service Transport Company

Percentage pay means he gets a percentage of what they charge to haul the load. In the case you described he would get $23 out of every $100. One thing is that he must be able to see what they are actually charging. If they won't show him what the charges are he will have no idea if he is actually getting his percentage. TMC has a video on their website that explains how they pay. http://www.tmctrans.com/drive-for-tmc/why-tmc/pay.aspx I don't know anything about the company you mentioned, sorry. Hope this helps a little anyway.

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Frustrated but happy too.

Where in Oklahoma are you? I was born and raised in Oklahoma.

Just an Old Trucker

May God bless Moose and let him feel His hand upon him. And may God comfort you as well Keith, his friend, as you deal with this difficult situation.

I failed

Hang in there my friend...you'll ge it next time!

1956 Kenworth

When my 18 year old son was about 4 years old I was working 3rd shift and his mom worked days..I put a lock way up on the bedroom door out of his reach...when I went to bed I would set him up in the room with me...snacks and such...he could operate the VCR and he would watch that movie over and over. Then one Sunday he went to church with my sister....on the way home they pass the barber shop that we used..my son says, hey that's the barber shop. My sister asked him if that was where he got his hair cut and he said yep. She then asked him who cut his hair Deanna or A.C. (Deanna's dad)..his reply..A.C., he's a sumbiatch !! Had to take the movie away from him. To this day he loves that movie. A couple of months ago it was on and he was in his room..I didn't say anything, just turned the tv up a little...was about 2 minutes and out he came..sat down and finished watching. Lol

1956 Kenworth

Only seen it twice???!!!! Where are you from again? Just kidding Chickie...

1956 Kenworth

You drive for the co.many with the same name as the car in the movie...and it is not Convoy....lol

1956 Kenworth

Chickie....think about your company's name and I bet you will figure it out.jsmile.gif

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

I love my family, but...

I can relate Kat. I too am 48 and it seems that over the last few years every decision I have made has gone wrong. It has gotten me to the point that I almost avoid making any decisions at all. Follow your heart..do what you feel you have to do to make your life better ans achieve your goals. Give me a shout if you need to vent. Good luck on your journey! good-luck.gif

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Ok I have to share this!

I watch her videos....I like her a lot! Way to go impressing her!! dancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gif

Frustrated with alleydock ;(

I knew ya could do it!! Congratulations Flatie!!!

Roehl Get your CDL program

Hawk...if you do Facebook..look me up and friend request me....Teddie Allen

Roehl Get your CDL program

It helped a lot! Thank you!

Roehl Get your CDL program

A quick question..since I live in Arkansas, would I test there or in my home state?

I PASSED

dancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gif I knew you would pass! Congratulations!!

Frustrated with alleydock ;(

You hang in there Flatie..I believe in you..you can do it! You are already doing things you have never done before so don't let it bring you down.

My Swift Road Test Evaluation is in the Books

dancing-banana.gif Maybe one of our board members is hauling a load of bananas we can confiscate for the celebration! Bug congratulations to you my friend!

Dollar General plans Georgia facility, creating 500 jobs

You are correct!! I was a store manager for them and both the driver and myself hated delivery day!!

From what I've read on this forum, they ought to PLAN the receiving areas at their stores to accommodate 53 foot trailers!

shocked.pngrofl-3.gif