Profile For Serenity

Serenity's Info

3 years, 2 months ago

Serenity's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  5 months, 4 weeks ago

Merry Christmas!! Transitioning from seasoned driver to other trucking-industry positions.

The bottom line with me: the MONEY. It's all about the money.

If it weren't about the money, nobody would give two dams about this work. The smell of a fresh crisp dollar bill still keeps me remotely interested.

I can't think of an easier way out of poverty can you? ...I am 54 years old. I don't feel like going to college at my age to get a bachelor's degree while slaving over textbooks. ..

My two unwarranted and unrequested cents: I would hope that you would see more in it than "the MONEY". If you don't like anything about a job aside from the money, it's always going to seem like a chore, and you will start to dread every waking moment of it.

I would not say that trucking is an "easy way" out of poverty. Sure, you could look at it like you have a roof over your head, as small as it may be, so you don't have to worry about being homeless...unless you really screw up and lose your job, hence your "home" as well. Sure, you can eliminate a lot of expenses by living in your truck, but don't you think that living in your truck and doing this for a living takes more than it just being about "the MONEY"?

On the other hand, at 54, you're going to face age discrimination in the tech field. People don't like to admit that it goes on, but it goes on. They always say they went with someone "more qualified" so the feel good laws do nothing, but rest assured, going back to get a bachelor's for tech is not going to erase the age discrimination you're going to get. That's just a fact. I was told in the past, however, when I asked how old was too old to get started in the industry, that you don't really see that in trucking. As long as you can pass the physical and all the tests plus the training, you would be set.

Why not just start with that? You don't have to get into it right away, but at least take the test, see if you can pass it. At least get a physical, see where you are in terms of health. Taking the test and getting a permit doesn't mean you're required to go further with that. Why not just start there.

Posted:  5 months, 4 weeks ago

Sexism In Trucking From A Woman's Perspective

Rainy:

I've read many posts and articles that you've written over time, and today I just read the one on this topic. Knowing what I've seen from you in the past, I had high hopes for it, and I was not disappointed. In fact, I was even more impressed by you.

And I was coming here to tell you that, and then I read the replies. I then read your response back to one particular reply, and I didn't think that my respect for you could go any higher, but it just did.

What an absolute class act you are.

And based on what you wrote, you're a lot like me. I don't even bother with worrying about what someone else is doing. Why should I? It doesn't affect my life, I've got enough to think about and concentrate on, and I have goals. Gossiping about what someone else is doing is not my thing, nor is scrutinizing the way they present themselves and live their lives.

Anyway, I could say so much, but will leave it at: You really are a wonderful person, and I thank you so much for sharing your views, your experiences, tips, suggestions, and what you've learned along the way. Whenever I see "By Rainy", I click immediately.

Have a great day, Happy New Year, and stay safe. We need people like you.

Abc 20/20 episode: "My Reality: A Hidden America": Sexual Harassment

Rainey is my queen today. I agree with so much of what she said.

I was in the military, as I'm sure some of you were, as well, and if you want to talk about harassment, be a female in the military. I could fill pages with what society today calls harassment, but instead I'll say only this: As Miss Rainey said, you have to stop it right then and there...or, you could also just let some things go that really don't affect you (ie: locker room talk). Seriously, you can walk away and go on with your life.

Now, if someone is constantly harassing me, personally, and/or borderline stalking, that's when things change. And from what I've read from various drivers on the internets, (taking everything with a grain of salt but also paying attention to what is being said), there's some pretty scary stuff that can happen to female drivers. It's one of the main reasons I will only go with a company that will allow me to bring a dog...a big dog, not a lapdog. If I have to sleep at a truck stop at night, I can do all of those things that I've read about to secure my vehicle, but a big, barking dog is a deterrent to those who think they can make my life hard.

Some of what I read happened because the females were very naive and another driver took advantage of that. The good news is, I don't trust a lot of people, so I won't be climbing into someone's truck to "check out the new stereo" (or whatever) that they installed, and they sure as hell won't be climbing into my truck to help me "fix something". If something on my truck needs to be fixed, I'll either have the company fix it or I'll figure it out if it's a personal item.

Someone telling jokes, or just being their nasty selves by talking about females the way some people do...whatever. I've heard so much, graphic stuff, when I was in the military, I'm just going to get on with my life and worry about myself. But, if a situation turns into one where I'm to the point that I don't even want to stop at a truck stop if I see a certain driver, that's when I'm going to make a whole lot of noise following whatever chain of command I need to follow. I don't like being intimidated, it ****es me off, and I will not cower away from stopping it if I can.

Having said all of that, once the video becomes available out from under that pay wall, I might have more to say.

Truckers Join Forces To Stop Man From Jumping Off Freeway Overpass

Just saw this in the news. Came here to see if anyone had posted it, or was going to post it if not.

You all truckers are awesome.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Need a bit of encouragement today

Hang in there. I went company sponsored and it was awesome.

However, before you leave a job for driving, consider your depression. will the lonliness of being on the truck 20+ hours a day make you worse? many people get home sick.

what about your meds if you are on them. some companies do not allow certain meds.

would you be able to switch meds if a company asked?

how severe is your depression and under control? companies cant have suicidal drivers.

Not everyone gets hired at company orientations so do you have money to get home?

really analyze everything before you make some decisions.

Thank you for that advice. Currently I am not on any medication, my depression is not so severe that I can not function or do daily living or find myself unable to hold a job. Most of my depression stems from life circumstances (previous parental abuse -verbal and physical, peer bullying growing up and a couple of nasty relationship breakups). I really don't want to focus on the negatives of life , I have done that too much. However I am also as you suggest analyzing this and seeing if I am making the right call by doing this. I have never been in a job where it's literally "all on you" - from the waking up (not hard for me), to the trip planning , to the dealing with problems and concerns. Almost all of my jobs have been office gigs with plenty of support staff around and at least one direct supervisor i could always go to if I have questions, concerns or stuck on what decision to make.

I know trucking is truly a resilient , independent lifestyle and a part of all of this is me wondering if I have what it takes to hang with the professionals.

Personally, I don't think it's fair to say that this person is someone with a "victim" mentality. Some of the things they have been through have a HUGE impact on your life...which a lot of people do not understand, and/or do not want to understand. OP, I understand what you mean when it comes to the abuse part because I lived it myself, as a kid and teen. And yes, there are days it can be a little rough.

BUT, to get over that, you need to have more faith in yourself. You need to take the negative and use it as a means to push yourself towards success, because those who did that to you would love nothing more than to see you fail. So never let them see it. I totally get that it can still affect you, but you have to be stronger than "it". There is nothing that you can do to change your past. All that you can do is change your future.

You need to be to yourself what others were not to you when you were growing up. That means that even when it's hard, if it's worth it to you, you will see it through. The old cliche "nothing good ever comes easy", well, it doesn't always come easy. A lot of times it does not come easy.

I'm going to bet that there's a lot of people out there who want to make changes and face the same situation that you do, financially. As others have said, have a company pay for it, serve your year, and then continue on from there. You have enough left over each month to set aside even half of that for your future that only you can pave. No one will pave it for you since you don't appear to have a support system from family.

And you know what, it's okay to put them square in the past where they belong. You'll still have your days, it's okay, push through them and do what you need to do for your life to make it better.

As for doing things alone, well, ask yourself if you want to allow someone else to be in charge of your life, or if you would like to be in charge of your life for a change. Relying on yourself is one of the greatest achievements you can have in your life. You can forever work in a cube, go to your Sup for answers, or you can start to learn how to navigate life using yourself. You will become a much stronger person, you will find that your depression days are not nearly as often, and you know what? Even if you do screw something up, it's okay because all of it is a learning experience. You learn, retain that knowledge, and go on because every situation, every incident, every fail, every success is an opportunity for you to learn and find the strength in yourself. You have it, you're just not used to using it.

Use this forum to start doing for yourself. This forum has so. much. information, take the time to find it.

The next time that you have a question at work, instead of going to your Sup, try to find the answer yourself. Have FAITH that you found the right answer and use the information you found.

Give yourself a little more credit than you are right now.

No Home Base

Duck walking is typically a company requirement. It is not required my the DOT. The companies that do require it often do it to show you can do a thorough pretrip as you have to climb under the trailer to do so. I definitely suggest NOT crawling on your hands and knees in a parking lot. Despite the pavement being hot/cold, many drivers dispose of their waste onto the asphalt....if you know what I mean

Yeah...I've heard stories. The first thing I'm buying is a pair of gloves.

No Home Base

Serenity, at Prime there are two tests. Your physical which consists of drug test, eye test, blood pressure, etc. Like your annual physical at your doctor. That’s for your DOT physical card.

Then there’s the agility test, climb up a couple of rungs on a ladder, lifting weights in a milk carton using proper lifting techniques. Just basic things.

If you would like to get an idea of what the pretrip consists of, in the training section there’s a great pdf that Daniel put together. Also, search for Apex driving school pretrip on YouTube which is a step by step guide of the speeches for each part but also their locations.

If you focus on this early before committing to whatever driving training program you decide to go after, you’ll be able to focus on other areas of your training.

Good luck! Oh & remember, Texas, Florida, Tennessee & Oregon are some states that don’t collect state & local income taxes, that I’m aware of. I use a UPS store box as my residence in Florida.

Thank you very much for this information! I like to prepare as much as possible, especially with something like this since they'll be flinging me through school so fast, I won't have time to think. The more I know before going in, the better. I'm going to be nervous enough the very first time they tell me to get in the driver's seat. If I can have all of this other stuff down, like know the parts of the truck, that pre-trip inspection inside and out, know that I can ace that test for CDL, and know this physical stuff, that will be so much that I don't have to worry about remembering when I'm sitting there with my hands on that steering wheel for the first time being told to "drive".

Podcast 19: You're Getting Career Advice From The Wrong People

I just got that in email and read it. I have been that person that scoured the internet and found horror story after horror story. These people make the trucking industry sound like a run down, trashy neighborhood filled with filthy people swearing at everyone while their cigarettes dangle out of their mouths. The way they tell it, it's a miracle that anything gets delivered anywhere at all because if they aren't fighting their own company, they're fighting each other. It made me think that going to a truck stop was about the last place I wanted to park and get some sleep.

I decided to just stick to this site, and Allie Knight or whatever her name is that did videos of her adventures in truck driving. Plus sometimes she taught things in her videos. I hope that more potential drivers find this site and stop giving an audience to the angry people because they can easily scare anyone off.

No Home Base

OH! Forgot to ask: About that duckwalking thing....In 2004, I broke my right ankle and had a metal plate and pins put in. If you have never broken an ankle...don't. While you may get out of the cast in 6 weeks, recovery takes WAY longer. Even with the exercises and things they told me to do, which I did a lot because I was impatient to start walking normally again, it took what felt like forever to able to actually run. Two years after I broke it, I was at the DMV in Miami. The line was horrendously long, and I realized I had forgotten something in my car. I went to run to the car and realized I couldn't run like I used to.

If they require me to walk under a table without falling over...because of that ankle not being as strong as the left one, I might not pass that. Yes, even after all these years, it still is not as strong as it used to be despite my attempts to make it so. Would that mean I couldn't pass the medical because of that? What if I pass everything else, because I know I will based on what you all have said and the links that were provided. Those are no problems. But duck walking under a table....I might fail there.

Or maybe I don't understand the height of the table/trailers? Or what duck walking is...shed some light for me, please?

No Home Base

Wow! You guys are amazing with the information. This is exactly the information I was looking for. Right now I live in CA, (do not get me started on how much I hate this state), and do not actually want my home address to be from this state because of a) taxes and b) all their stupid rules that don't make any sense whatsoever to any person with any type of common sense.

I'm getting started...so let's move on.

If I can change my license over to whatever state I go to for school, that would be great. It seems like it may be possible then?

The reason that I wouldn't have a home base is because this apartment complex that I live in has a rule that if you are away for a certain amount of time, even if you're paying the rent, they consider it "abandonment". I actually brought up the idea of going to school back when I started this account. I'd asked my next door neighbor if she would be willing to feed/water the pets while I was gone and she had no issues with that at all. But the landlord informed me of this insipid rule, and that killed my momentum because I'm not dumping my pets in a shelter and leaving.

As for the car - you bring up some good points. And I'm so glad that some of you talk about living in your truck because I kind of thought that's pretty much what I would do, but never said it out loud unless people wanted to tell me that was a dumb idea. I would just work as much as I could until I felt I absolutely had to have a break. I'm not a workaholic, I just really love to drive, and I love to see the country. I guess I would just sell off the car. It has been paid for several years ago, and it's an older KIA so it's not like I would be giving up something like a Mustang.

I like the idea of that Mail Link Plus. I like the fact that they email you with scans so you can tell them, "just throw that away, thank you". That's fantastic! And they forward! That's amazing. And if I'm understanding correctly, I could, literally, choose any location that they have as my "virtual" address? Is that correct? If so, I'M SOLD!

As for what I own, I could literally fit everything I own, (obviously minus the pets) into the trunk of my Kia Rio, so I'm pretty sure it's going to fit in any truck that I get to drive and live in.

I'm relieved to hear about the no age discrimination thing. After I got laid off, while I'm not "old" per say, as I said, I'm not in my 20s, it's been pretty hard to find another job. Apparently in the corporate world, once you're out of your 20s, you're old and they don't want much of anything to do with you.

At some point, I will want a pet again, so I would like to be able to work with a company that allows pets. Good to know what some of them charge for that. I think it's worth it, honestly.

What overwhelms me and makes me very nervous about trucking:

Driving a gigantic vehicle in a place like NYC. Driving a gigantic, heavy vehicle with a gigantic trailer behind it down a mountain pass, especially when there's snow and ice on the roads.

I don't know jack about vehicles. I've heard names of things, I have a vague idea of what they do, but I've never been in the environment that talks about cars, works on their own cars, discusses car parts, etc. Going over the part that shows what we need to know for the pre-trip inspection is a little overwhelming for me right now. I know I will learn it, but right now I still feel like all I see is dirt and metal parts.

Remembering everything.

Where I know I will be just fine: I don't need constant stimulation from other people, and actually prefer to do things alone, so the solitude is something I'm actually looking forward to. My work ethic, time management and organization skills are actually really good - at least I got something out of corporate America. Plus I will be free whenever and love driving. I've never done these things in a truck, but those are not the things that I am nervous about when it comes to driving. I'm just nervous about the fact that those things are so huge.

No Home Base

I said when I first signed up that I'd been thinking of this change for awhile. I've been thinking about it since. The hardest part is finding new homes for the pets because they are, quite literally, all I have. I was laid off a bit ago, I really don't have anything as it is, I'm not tied to the area I'm in right now, I'm not tied to anything, sans the pets - and I sure don't want to work in a brick and mortar job ever again if I don't have to.

I'm actually ready to tackle this after a long time thinking about it. The last thing that I have to do is figure out what to do with my pets...which is an extremely difficult choice to make, but I would not have a home base where I would return. Once I find them homes, I can go at this.

And that brings up a question: Home base. What do you do? Do you not have to have a home base? Where do they send things to? Do you just get it when you stop by the terminal? Where do you park your car? Did you just have a post office box somewhere, or how did you get mail? And what about insurance for that car if you don't have a home base, per say? What did you do on your days off? Did you rent a car wherever it was that you landed after your last drop off and go from there? Or did you just rent a hotel because you were sick of driving?

I would definitely take advantage of the "stay with us for a full year and your training is free" deals that I see. I have found a few companies that I would not mind working for that have this very thing. They are all in different states than I'm in right now, which, who cares, I don't consider where I'm at right now to be "home" anyway. So, if I go through this training and get the CDL, would it be based on where I came from, even if I don't consider this my 'home', or would I be able to get it from the state I trained in? Would it be based on my DL even if I would not consider myself a "resident" of that state anymore once I started this? How easy would it be to change once I'm done with training, done with my training on the road, and on to solo driving?

What is all involved in the physical? Do I have to be able to lift a certain amount of weight like on some jobs I've had? Do I have to run a mile in a certain amount of time? Or is it just to see that you're not about to keel over any moment? I have found almost everything but that information.

And what about if I'm not in my 20s anymore? Is there a cut off to how old you can be to start this career? Are they picky about age, or does that not even matter?

Thanks in advance.

And...uh...I have some extremely cute pets if anyone was looking for a new family member.

Arams diary!!

I found this entire thread extremely interesting for the simple fact that the OP made a claim about trucks coming from Mexico and anything illegal on that truck was on them, the driver.

One of my very first posts on this forum was my introduction to everyone here, and my experience with driving for a living (albeit not a truck), doing courier work. I took the jobs up to Canada, and one time had to go in the same inspection line as all the truckers. To make that story as brief as possible, I was told to pull around back, and they went over my entire vehicle with a fine toothed comb. They then approached me and asked me what i was carrying, did I open the contents, and by the way, they needed to swab my driver's license as well, to look for any drug residue.

On that particular delivery, I was not allowed to open the contents, so no, I did not know if what was inside the packages was actually computer parts. I was then informed that drug sellers liked to use unsuspecting couriers to transport their product, and if it was not computer parts, if it was in fact drugs, I was responsible...and in a lot of trouble. I understand the feeling you get when you hear something like that. It was computer parts, Canadian Customs was teaching me a lesson. I was very grateful for that lesson.

But the differences are that 1) I picked my packages up from the airport, and I won't name specific airline names, but the one I picked it up from was notorious for NOT CHECKING the package before they put in on a plane. I presume that truck drivers are allowed to be aware of what is going into their trucks as they don't tend to pick up from airports? And you have to do a full inspection of your vehicle before you drive, each time, is that not correct? My "inspection" of my car was "Do I have enough gas?" because it was my car. 2) I did not turn around and leave the company because drug sellers like to use unsuspecting couriers to transport their product. What I did was discuss what happened with the company I was contracted with. From that point on, at no time did I not know what was going into my car.

Yes, you are responsible for the load, but you also have things that you have to do all the time anyway that should protect you from finding yourself in a situation regardless of whether there is something illegally stowed away somewhere on the truck/trailer or not. As someone who has been through the training and was ready to get out there and start driving, you, OP, should know that.

As I read more, all I could think was: Methinks thou doth protest too much.

If you're so sure that you made the right decision, and you're so sure that you have valid reasons for it, it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks, and you certainly wouldn't take it personally.

I do hope you have success. I come to this forum for the good advice that I sure as hell am not finding anywhere else on the internet, the PLETHORA of tools that this place has given us, and to read success stories. Everyone wants you to be successful whether they've been on the road for 30 years, 30 days, or are still working on getting their permits. You knew that, you still know that, and what you also know is that the best thing about this place is: You. Will. Get. The. Truth. Even if it makes you uncomfortable. Oh well. When my time comes, I fully expect to be told I've made boneheaded mistakes - and that's okay. You don't learn otherwise. Your success counts on honesty from seasoned drivers, and honesty from yourself to yourself.

The Web Of Lies And Misinformation

Hey Serenity, listen to this podcast. It will help you understand all of the negativity and where it's coming from. You'll feel a lot better when you realize it's not everyone that's like that and you can safely ignore those who are:

Episode 10: Terminal Rats Are Derailing Trucking Careers.

By the way, as much as I hate to say it, it's true - truckers are famous complainers. Not all of them, but as a group I've never been around such a bunch of whiny crybabies in my life. That's one of the reasons I created this site. I wanted people to know that there is a group of professionals out there who love what they do and do it with pride. The bad reputation this industry has is unfortunately not entirely undeserved, but there are plenty of top tier drivers out there that don't run to YouTube to draw attention to themselves:

What It Takes To Be A Top Tier Driver

Thank you. That was enjoyable to listen to...and it's the same wherever you go. I've had jobs filled with whiners, but I've never seen them take to the internet, as a group, and complain like I have some drivers. When I get to school, I will remember to stay away from the terminal rats. I'll probably crack up, to be honest, when I see a rat's nest, as you said. The good news is, I don't like to do a lot of small talk, so I usually steer clear of that type of thing anyway. But this is also good for people like me who find themselves tripping over rat's nests on the internet. In fact, those nests reach a wider audience and can get people before they even start day one of school.

My work ethic is very strong, so I just need to do my job, not hit anything, and realize the rats for who they are. Thanks again.

The Web Of Lies And Misinformation

Oh, and I forgot to mention: I'm a huge fan of Ska...so that was a nice little treat to read in a trucking article. I know truckers come from all walks of life, but i never thought I'd read of one who enjoyed Ska.

The Web Of Lies And Misinformation

Hi.

Haven't been here in some time...on the forum, I mean. I get the emails about articles from TT and read them. This article basically summed up what I've experienced since I started to venture out and look for more information about trucking. And I'll tell you, those people did a number on me. The sheer volume of negativity that I saw out there on the "information highway" actually turned me off from exploring more about this industry. I wanted to drive a truck, but the things I saw...

Video of a guy "dancing" in his seat, filming himself with his phone while driving. And I don't mean chair dancing, he was literally up, moving around, not paying attention to the road at all.

The....unsanitary things that some people do at truck stops...and I don't mean inside the truck stop.

The "tricks" people play on each other at truck stops...why? Why would people do this? Why would you mess with someone elses truck? I didn't find any of it funny.

The stories...the endless stories of "lot lizards", as well as stories of those who would try to take advantage of you if you're female. And all I could think was, "But I would have to go x amount of miles before I could ever bring my dog who would definitely prevent that...is this really that unsafe?"

The hatred for certain lines - the endless mocking for anyone who drove for a certain carrier or two.

The one sided stories about how someone was "forced" to do something or get fired.

The endless complaints about pay, which, in a nutshell was, "You all aren't going to get paid anything that you can even live off of, don't even bother!"

The overall sour attitudes in general, and the fights between truckers.

Then there were the accidents, the one article I read about the trucker being shot for his money, of which he didn't even have that much, and the giant crowd of truckers who called everyone else a few choice names for not driving in extreme bad weather, and causing problems for those they thought were "driving too slow" in those extreme bad weather conditions.

I thought to myself, 'This sounds like the road is filled with a bunch of (jerks) who excel in complaining and trying to make everyone elses life really hard for their own entertainment."

I do not doubt that these things happen, and happen often, but your article brought me back around. I have one last personal thing to overcome, (what the hell do I do with my pets), and then I'm going to get back into pursuing this. The idea of sitting in an office until I retire makes me want to vomit. I can't. I don't know if trucking and I will get along, but I want to try - because I have to be out, moving, seeing things, experiencing things...and I know that the best experiences I've ever had all had sacrifices that I would have liked to have done without, but I would never have had the good experiences without them.

Yes. Listening to the internet will have you believe that everyone in trucking is a miserable SOB, but I don't think it has to be that way. Thanks for the article.

The thoughts from a 75 yr old retired driver of 45 yrs OTR

I've put a lot of thought in to this, as well. My thinking started years ago when I drove for a living but using my own car or a company van. I was the one who begged for the long trips. All the other drivers were happy to let me take those jobs because they wanted to be home at 5pm.

I found this place on accident one day and devoured information. I thought I was going to go and do this right away. The company that I want has school in AZ...and I realized that we would be in 120 degree heat while trying to learn how to drive and that didn't seem like a good combo. So, instead I got my things in order, followed tons of trucker sites, FB pages, etc, have been soaking up the info...and learning what I can outside a truck. Now, I just need to study for the permit, pass, hope my first choice takes me on, and get going.

While doing all of that, I have been thinking long and hard whether or not this really is what I want to do...and I've always been 99% sure. The other day, I was sitting in someone's car waiting for them to get back, and was people watching to pass the time. I realized that every time someone got in to their car, I thought how lucky they were to be going somewhere...it wasn't about having to wait...it was about that adventure of getting out on the road and going...just going.

I think it IS in some people's blood, and asking them to work at a desk or in one spot would be like asking an artist to put down their paints.

Besides, some of us have families that we want to get far away from.

Fourth Time is a Charm

Hi all, just thought I'd post an update. I posted a little while back about failing my first 3 test attempts because I timed out during the 90 degree alley dock each time. I went back to my school to practice last week and finally, the alley dock maneuver started to click. I wasn't great at it but pretty decent. Plus the extra time at the school really helped my shifting. It's much smoother now with hardly any missed gears or grinding. So I had my 4th attempt today and passed!!!! And wouldn't you know it, now that I know how to do the 90, I got a parallel.

Anyway, I leave for Crete/Shaffer on Sunday. I feel really lucky to get on with this company. Sooooo excited!

Congratulations! We don't always get what we want when we want it, but eventually all works out in the end. Respect for not giving up...you have earned this.

Posted:  3 years, 1 month ago

Question about Knight Transportation

They just started recruiting from my area.I looked them up on here and there website but neither one said about the passenger policy.If there is any driver from Knight on here could you shine some light on this subject?

Actually, I just found it but it might be a bit dated because the last page of their review says "no pets" which is no longer true, they do allow pets.

Anyway, rider policy from the review on page 5 of 5 on this site:

"What is the company's rider policy?

After 6 months of safe driving experience, drivers may have approved riders on the truck over the age of 10 years old. "

Posted:  3 years, 1 month ago

Question about Knight Transportation

From that same review page, further up, it only says:

"Enhanced Rider program"

I would give them a call. This is the company I want to get started with, and I have talked to them. They are extremely patient answering all kinds of questions. Looking at your history, it looks like you already have your CDL - so definitely call them. I've talked to a few companies, and this one sounds like such a great company to start off with - and looks to be pretty darn good to stay with. I'll find out in a few months if they let me come on board...in the meantime, good luck to you.

Also, there's some dude on YouTube who works for Knight. His YT name is: Mr.Sinnizter DaTrucker The recruiter I talked to actually gave me that information. Ha. Again, best of luck, and if you do get on with them, come back and tell us how it is - some of us really want to work for them.

Alaska?

I stand corrected. I did find a job available from Schneider up in Alaska. I also put in a terminal search and was able to find a couple more:

Carlile Lynden Transport