Comments By Conservative

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/Bristol-Hauler.jpg avatar

Posted:  3 years ago

No experience No Cdl flatbed training companies

Hi! I'm looking at going flatbed and wanted to know if there were any other companies besides maverick that trained no experience no cdl newbies . And which companies have better quality training. My priorities are quality training, otr/regional, pay , and home time in that order. As I have mentioned I would like to be home weekends, but I now realize that is next to impossible for someone straight out of training . So companies that are known to accommodate home time preference would rank higher on my list. I know swift, prime, and others have flatbed divisions along with other divisions, but I am focusing on companies that solely do flatbed . Thanks!

Posted:  3 years ago

Self driving trucks "will hit like a train"

My thought about this, for whatever its worth, is a driverless truck cannot do a proper pre-trip inspection.

Paul F, that's a good point! Made me laugh! Course these trucks will probably inspect themselves by using cameras and automation. But as others have said, it's probably at least a decade down the road before the technology is useful.

Posted:  3 years ago

Regional home weekends Trainee?

Hello conservative back at it again! I saw an ad for celadon that offered regional routes and home weekends. I was wondering if they or any other company offered that to new students after training and if that would guarantee my being off Sundays . Wanted to give this trucking thing one last shot. Thanks!

Where are you located?

Ian now in Ohio an hour from Columbus.

Posted:  3 years ago

Regional home weekends Trainee?

Thanks! I kinda figured that's how it worked, but wanted to be sure.

Posted:  3 years ago

Regional home weekends Trainee?

Rider?

I want to know if there are any companies that would allow me to ride along for a week or so to get an idea of wether trucking is something I would actually like? Preferrably, companies that train no experience guys like kllm. Watched a bunch of ride along videos, but want the actual experience. Only big trucks I've ever ridden in were in the back of a kenworth bus (semi converted into a choir bus) and a power line bucket truck. Thanks

Millis Transfer

So after doing some searching, I'm not sure bout flatbed since it seems that companoes require flatbed drivers to be more physically fit. Not a great prospe t when one is already out of shape. Add to that the dangers such as cables and chains breaking and falling off a tapped load.

No alcohol no sundays

Or you could just run your 70 hour clock down, in such a way that requires a reset falling on a Sunday (that would ve a neat trick).

Rick

I start on Monday and out for 2 weeks at a time and do that every time on the first week. 34 ends before the recap on Tuesday if I stop on Saturday so it essentially gives me even more time to roll every week.

So if I'm reading it right you reset on saturday first week? What bout second week?

Best inexpensive trucker GPS

So I talked to a prospective company and they said they have a GPS program on their qualcom. So now my question is wether I should consider that system as reliable, or if I still need to get my own unit. As far as reading a paper map goes, I can follow along , but I don't know about figuring out routes.

Best inexpensive trucker GPS

Thanks everybody. Especially for the advice about not buying online.

No alcohol no sundays

Conservative not sure if you are still following,...whatever you do, don't violate your conscience. If there is a question of scriptural or doctrinal authority seek the input of an elder, preacher, or pastor.

If you really want this, I think you can make it work, eventually. In the beginning...might be a challenge.

I have found another company that does not haul alcohol kllm. There are not a lot of refrigerated companies that don't, but still looking. Course then just cause they don't haul one thing doesn't mean they don't haul something else that I may not agree with. But from what I've heard you don't always know what your hauling anyway. So the issue now is the no sundays. And FYI my church uses plain grape juice. But it's everyone's own preference. But on the Sunday thing my main point is that I don't have to be home on Sunday but i. Don't want to be driving on Sunday. So a company that is slow on the weekend would be good.

Best inexpensive trucker GPS

I realize that applying the term "best" to anything is mostly a matter of opinion, but I would like some recommendations on gps units that offer the most practical features for the money. I say practical cause I don't need fancy ( Bluetooth, wifi, etc. ) .some features I would like are traffic, construction, weather, restricted routes, heigh/weight limitations, and speed limits. Thanks!

No alcohol no sundays

Where do you live at, conservative. Based on where exactly you live, (town is fine) your opportunities may vary.

i live in Indiana but am moving to southern Ohio.

No alcohol no sundays

Ok thanks I have no experience so that complicates things a lttle as well.

No alcohol no sundays

Are there any companies that don't haul alcohol ? And is there any way to avoid having to drive on sundays? I am a Christian and would like to avoid both . Found one company (Roehl) that says they don't haul alcohol but do haul the boxes for it.

Roehl or Prime???

I am having the same question . I considered another company but was enlightened by some members of this forumn. I then considered flatbed, but after watching YouTube and reading, I THINK (emphasis) that I want to go refrigerated. Roehl and prime are two of my choices. Home time isn't a priority with me, but quality of training and compensation are priorities. Are there any other companies I should consider?

Millis Transfer

Thanks again ! Good point about DNA as well. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I have absolutely no experience. I am looking at companies that will train me. Reviewing Roehl right now since I have read that they are decent. Are there any other "no experience" companies for flatbed I should consider?

Millis Transfer

Thanks for the replies! And I will check out trucker who. I did talk to a recruiter on some questions but she seemed impatient so I decided to try again later. Does anyone know if I could refuse to haul alcohol on a religious conviction/preference or is it forced dispatch no matter what?

Millis Transfer

I have been talking to some truckers on Facebook (Truckers Wall of Shame). One recommended Millis because after two years, they haven't ever don him wrong. I have been researching the company and to me a newbie, looks pretty good. Can anybody tell me the downsides of their training program.? And can someone verify that the info on TT is valid? I have no experience whatsoever and am planning on getting my permit. Also, since I currently live in Indiana and their closest terminal is in Ohio, will I be able to take a truck home? Also, do they assign or slip seat. I'm gonna call and talk to them, but wanted some driver feedback since some recruiters try feeding newbies a line.

Christian truck drivers

I would be interested in knowing how you all handle Sundays? Does your company allow you to have your home time then or do you get to shut down for the day? Or do you just give the profit from Sundays to charity or church. I am asking because this is the only drawback I have on trucking. I have grown up not working at all on Sundays and have been very firm on not working on Sunday with my past employers. Interested to hear how you Christian Truckers handle this.