Comments By Seminole Wind

https://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r610/Marti_Snider/IMG_20160812_092531882_HDR_zps6hi5nxta.jpg avatar

Anyone driving for Werner Help Please . . .

Magick is there a time delay or rotation of the wheels on the electronic log for Werner ? Thank you for the info on the time zone thing

Anyone driving for Werner Help Please . . .

Patrick are all of em like that ? That place looks & sounds like a real party place . . . NOT ! Love the pics tho , , even your kitty (j/k) Phototbucket was doing that to me too last week . . . Keep the pics coming . . .

Colossal Cave Driving

Awesome pics & story Errol . . . Thank you for sharing

It's official; my nerves are SHOT!!!

Glad you've had some time to unwind. I believe id have done passed out at the next exit . . lol Get up & do it ALL over tomorrow !

Anyone driving for Werner Help Please . . .

Patrick can I ask are you driving dry van or flat bed with those rolls ? & whats your home time like ? The backing where you were getting loaded HAD ta be a nightmare. Sounds like your backing skills havta be on point quick, fast & in a hurry . . lol. I look forward to seeing the pics when you get em up dancing-dog.gif I wouldn't mind a route like that but only time will tell. Thanks for your responses

Anyone driving for Werner Help Please . . .

Hey Patrick thanks for the details for the west rock acct. I imagine they wouldn't put me on that 1 coming in as a rookie, but who knows . . .

Magick I'm going thru the logbook section of the training here & its telling me you have to use the time zone for the terminal you're stationed at. Do you run your time zone out of Omaha (Central) or maybe another terminal closer to either where you live or a "home" terminal ?

It's official; my nerves are SHOT!!!

(((( Patrick )))) Just think . . . its over ! You survived your day even thought things were coming from all directions AT you, you did it ! You're a PRO - FESSIONAL driver & you got this man. Thanks for the story & sharin' your experience. smile.gif

Miscellaneous Stuff

Thought Id bump this up . . 1 for the advise it contains 2 for the link to You Are Your Own Gym

Some nice photos

BEAUTIFUL pics hun ! I bet the "eagle" truck has everything AND the kitchen sink ta boot . . .

HOS: Adverse driving cond. rule question . . .

You guys are just awesome ! dancing-banana.gif

Sambo - I was asking about the rule (which ever it may be called) about weather cond you didn't know of in a weather forecast planning your route :)

Rick - just super info ! Thank you sooooo much.

Old School - Thank you for the encouragement, it is very much appreciated ! When I ran before many many moons ago they didn't even have the 30 min break after an 8 hrs stretch rule in effect, plus electronic logs or quallcom weren't even heard of. ( I did alot of no no's then & had to figure out where I was & which "lie" book I needed)

HOS: Adverse driving cond. rule question . . .

My question is if you run into this how do you use it without getting flagged from safety or your log book depart ? Do you send a message to whomever & let them know this is what you're doing or do you wait until you have already used it & then tell them or wait until someone contacts you about it ? Having a hard time with the log book section of the high road training but this info has me baffeled ( I think the numbers on the rest of it Im just not getting) . . .

Thank you for your time in advance . . .

Anyone driving for Werner Help Please . . .

Good morning & thanks for all the answers you've given me. Concerning dispatch or FMs, are they all stationed in Omaha or out of the other terminals & would we have a chance to meet them before we are assigned to them ?

Do they have a good sized division in reefers that you may know of ? I have been thinking hard on running reefers but Im having a time on finding info on it ? I know you have to keep a close eye on the unit & make sure its at the temp it needs to be & fuel levels, but what about cleaning it out, defrosting if necessary, etc ?

Thank you so very much for the time you take to answer my questions & the work you do out on the road

Prior Experience Can I Still Use It

Rick it was many many moons ago since I've had the Class A but its been 17 years on my Class B & currently still using it. I've only gotten my A learner's permit back in sept of this year. ( Figured I'd get it before going back to school) I am glad to see you say its like riding a bike, we don't forget much . . .

What is a good weather app for truckers?

Nancy I just did a search & for android they have an app. NOAA Weather Radar & Alerts by Apalon Apps w/ 1 million downloads ( Don't know why I didn't think of this before . . dua) . . . lol rofl-3.gif

What is a good weather app for truckers?

WeatherBug will send an alert if ur heading into a tornado. We once got an alert out west of a large dust storm. Its more like an alarm with one touch to shut it off.

Ill definitely havta check weatherbug out Nancy. Thank ya much

Anyone driving for Werner Help Please . . .

Thank you so very much for the info. The driver that comes to the Dollar General that's close to me I feel for. I've seen him twice & each time he looks soooo run down & in need of a good home cooked meal. I went up to him 1 day, offered my hand & told him thank you for bringing our stuff to the store. He just smiled. Perdue & Dollar General I've heard aren't for newbies.

As a company driver if you purchase & have it installed by their mechanic, could you put an inverter on the truck. I know you can as an owner op ? Or do they have APUs ? If I'm bombarding you with questions, just tell me ta hush . . .

What is a good weather app for truckers?

First off, it's illegal to mess with smartphones would you drive. So if "on the go in the truck" means checking things while you're rolling, that's on you.

If you have a destination, and know where it is on a map (even just close), you can touch the NOAA Weather map to get the forecast. The good thing is it's all "right there". On the Weather Channel app you must scroll through some ads and videos to get to that.

Oh no no I was talking about as you travel & maybe stop to eat or take your 30 it "updates" where you are & the weather. Specially in the winter if you're trying to roll & stay ahead of a storm you know is coming or during the summer months & it keeps you informed of thunderstorms or worse coming in & possibly alert you to whats coming . . .

Prior Experience Can I Still Use It

Ok to go kinda go off Jim R's question . . . If you're going for an "upgrade" (Class B to A) do they count any of that driving time as experience ? I've had my CDL since I turned 21 . . .Class A to start & was OTR for 9 months, then came home & dropped it to a Class B until sept. of this year . . .

What is a good weather app for truckers?

Errol . . how does it do when you're on the go in the truck ? (NOAA app) Trying to get my poop in a group before I start school & research different things before I get out on the road & go "Oh I shoulda . . . " & need it right then.

P.S. Check your thread for "before you were a truck driver" . . Ya needs an update man . . . lol. smile.gif

What is a good weather app for truckers?

I've used weather underground before...not as a trucker but at home. I found that it isn't quite as accurate as some of the others. As mentioned earlier, MyRadar is good as far as real time radar. I also use AccuWeather...however you have to choose your location as it does not "ride along" with you. It may have a setting that will give info on your present location, wherever that may be, but I can't remember. Best of luck and God Speed!

Thank ya much Robby. I'm trying to research & get opinions on weather apps to see which 1 works out well. Ive had Accuweather on the bus with me to keep track of the local weather coming in but it doesn't seem to keep up a well as the local radio station.