Comments By Cornelius A.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/bigrig8.jpg avatar

Bad Coupling Pics

The result of something like that can be devastating. had to pay a 1 million dollar claim in January because the driver did not do what you did and the trailer got loose .... so you can imagine what happened to the lady that was behind him,,,,.....may the Lord bless her

I passed!!!

dancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gif

Worst week of my life.

Thanks all

Worst week of my life.

Sorry for your loss big Scott .... Got got a similar news at 0300 am about my aunt this morning ....she was 62

Accident reporting

Thank god you are ok..... its a not at fault accident and look on your insurance policy if you have uninsured motorist coverage.... that will cover it

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

CRST Expedited Trucking School and training program Cedar Rapids, IA. A (re) training diary by millionmiler24

My God it has been a journey for you millionmiller ..... please let me know when you hit Chicagoland I will be the one taking you for a good steak lol

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

I know especially driving through that beautiful canyon through st george

Hey, glad to hear things are going well! I was starting to worry there for a minute. No news is not always good news in the beginning with a new company and all. Sounds like things are going great though!

Now I'm a bit surprised you were inspired by the scenery of the Ohio River and Louisville, but not I-15 in Utah??? That's one of the most beautiful stretches of highway in the entire country through there! Incredibly beautiful place.

Logs Dept. - Using resources

You must have been on 95th street lol........ there is the Wal-Mart parking lot on 167th street and I 57 where I see a lot of trucks parked over night and you have the new love on 159th street and I94

If they were able to find over 4 hours for you, then you obviously weren't managing your logs efficiently. Yep, definitely figure out where those hours came from.

The other day when I was about to be stuck in the "hood" of Chicago we were scrambling to salvage time to get me out of there and all we could come up with was about 4 minutes. I ended up having to deliberately violate HOS to get back to a safe location. First time ever, but I did what I had to do. I notified logs compliance before I did it and explained how it had happened. Nothing has been said so far and I made up the overage on my break.

When the guards are all armed AND locked inside this reinforced building with very heavy bars on the only window and it's accessed by a "bank safe" type door.. well that would be somewhere I will not be hanging out after dark.

It was caused by circumstances beyond my control but it is what it is. Time management is crucial in this business.

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Could use some advice about a couple potential job offers I have

Good luck Pianoman, I checked their CSA scores and they are amazing and I also checked their CAB report which gives you a historical of a company from the day they started till where they are today and that was one of the cleanness I have seen..... thhe few violations they have you can tell come from some knuckle head drivers that did no do a proper pre trip such as inoperable lamp and stuff.... having an idea about your work ethic and thoroughness, I am sure you will be a superstar there..... congrats and good luck

First Year Completed, 127,028 Miles

CONGRATSSSSS ......EXPERIENCED DRIVER

Trip planning help please

Talk with Rainy she will be a great mentor fror you to have

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

I just don't get some people

You just created yourself an enemy lol...... you explained to him how stupid he was lol..... now I have a better understanding of terminal rats

Its like this guy in the terminal I saw the other day complaining. He got the truck fixed on Mon morning and the FM sent him a midnight to midnight load from across the street to CA. Easy 2300 mile load. He rejected it saying "I told u I want to do laundry and shower". So Wed we got positioned close to the terminal and I got that same load as a team.

The guy bragged to me that he told the FM to shove it....yet he's complaining he can't get out of the terminal. So my reply "why didn't you just pick up the load then come back here to eat shower etc...and leave when you want? So you are bragging you rejected a $950 load and you're STILL not rolling three days later?"

His mouth dropped like he didn't know that was an option. Smh.

I think people are lazy and don't think.

Time for a transition

Good luck miracle our prayers are with you and your wife, and as you truly stated keep that cdl alive

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Are Companies Putting Driver Facing Cameras In Their Trucks?

Meant in their trailers

A lot of companies are starting to put satellite trackers on there tractors.... but the camera in the truck is also a good thing because some of those thief are so brazen they still the whole truck.... one of my colleagues clients had 2 trucks stolen in one day ... that camera would have come in handy

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Are Companies Putting Driver Facing Cameras In Their Trucks?

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Are Companies Putting Driver Facing Cameras In Their Trucks?

I was replying to this below....

Cornelius wrote:

unfortunately cargo theft claims have been on the rise from what I see on my side of things

This camera being discussed here, only covers the front of tractor and if driver facing, in-cab. Will not be able to detect anything going on behind the trailer. A really good lock can deter a thief, they will go for the path of least resistance.

Time for Change

Good luck gladhand

Suicide by Truck

Its unfortunate to hear, have it happened to one of my clients last week in Chicago .... a guy on a bicycle tried cutting him of and we all can imagine the end. it does happen and this driver has 30 years under his belt.

Posted:  1 year, 8 months ago

Are Companies Putting Driver Facing Cameras In Their Trucks?

Brett I almost had to use those tissues in my pants, not just for my eyes, I laughed a long time!! Tissues for your issues, I will quote you some day lol. I don't get freaked by cams, I get freaked by clowns! Ask around, I am not alone in that. The "tire thumper" idea sounds good and as I keep diving and checking I am becoming less adverse to the idea of cams "looking" at me all day. Be careful what you say Brett, you get me laughing it's hard to stop me. Hope we don't meet and you get me ribbed, you will run. LMAO.

A Husband and Wife Trucking Journey

dancing.gifdancing.gifdancing.gifdancing.gifdancing.gif

Congrats guys..... I will love to see pictures of your pimped up home lol