Profile For Pete B.

Pete B.'s Info

VA

Experienced Driver

Pete B. On The Web

2 years, 3 months ago

Pete B.'s Bio

Striving to be a safe, productive, and courteous driver, and living up to my bobble head proclaiming that I’m my “Wife’s Greatest Hero.”

Posted:  2 days, 19 hours ago

E-House, monstrous flatbed haul.

Bruce, it’s here:

link for Bruce

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

The photo and opportunity that took almost 7 years to achieve!

Congrats and good luck.

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Trucking Analogies

$45 extra stop, $80 tarp pay, $150 layover pay... nice hat trick OS!

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Is four weeks really enough?

TTS, the truck driving school will be spending four weeks preparing you to pass the CDL exam: Pre-trip, backing, and skills test (on-road driving with DOT examiner). At the end of the four weeks, after you've passed the CDL exam, received your diploma and new Class A license, you still won't know much about driving a big truck. You'll have learned the basics: shifting, backing, not taking out light poles while making a turn, but the vast majority of learning will come from McElroy as you ride with one of their trainers for several weeks and tens of thousands of miles, and then on-the-job training/learning as you evolve into a solo driver. So, don't look at it as you have to learn everything you'll need to know about truck driving in four weeks; those first four weeks are more or less an introduction. The real learning comes after. And never really stops. Don't worry, you'll do fine.

Posted:  1 month ago

MAJOR Changes with me but definitely for the better.....:

Congratulations MM, your quick rise to the top is very inspirational! You’re a credit to your company and to trucking.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Eye Candy

But check her out— she’s staying hydrated— she’s got smarts real good.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Page Turners?

Check out this one Pete: "Churchill's History Of Ungentlemanly Warfare" by Giles Milton. WW2 military history non-fiction.

Packrat, thanks, I definitely will. Have you read “No High Ground,” by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey? Awesome account of the development of and events surrounding the dropping of the two atomic bombs. That one WAS a page-turner. One more... “A Bridge Too Far.” Also unputdownable.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Page Turners?

I go back and forth, between fiction and nonfiction. I love a well-researched book having anything to do with WWII. Right now I’m into “The Pentagon’s Brain: An uncensored history of DARPA, America’s top secret military research agency.” It’s definitely NOT a page-turner, but very interesting nonetheless. It references Operation Paperclip, which, if you don’t know much about post-WWII, is quite appalling.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Hey PackRat, I've Got A Question

An older cabover passed me on the PA Turnpike yesterday; he had a large air filter mounted on the platform between the cab and the trailer. Definitely did not appear to be stock. I was thinking that guys driving those must love to wrench on their trucks.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Hey PackRat, I've Got A Question

Susan, your age is showing, dear. That Freightliner is red, not white.

smile.gif

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

We Had A Major Truck Accident

That’s awful. Very sorry to hear that. I hope your healing & recovery goes well.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Canyon Fatigue

I love the scenery inside the canyons, the rock formations, the weathered rock walls, seeing the striations of the earth... there’s one where the rocks/boulders all look like they’re blowing like trees in the wind in one direction as you enter. I think my favorite is along I-11 near the Hoover Dam. I have to struggle to stay in my lane because I’m constantly looking around!

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Buuurrrrr, It's Cold Up Here!

I'm kinda disappointed your bed isn't made. Just saying...

Maybe there was somebody still in it!

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Advice on making tight right turns

When you take your 10 again, read up and/or Youtube “buttonhook turns;” it may help you prepare for your next tight right turn.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Advice on making tight right turns

First check out the scene using ‘satellite view’ on Google maps; you’re looking for an alternative to making that right turn. If none exists, I’d tackle it this way: approach the turn very slowly, slower than usual. Creep as far left as you can get in your lane, without impeding traffic traveling in the other lane/ opposite direction. You may even be in the other lane, just don’t block it entirely. Before you turn right, steer your tractor to the left, keeping eyes on your driver’s side mirror so you don’t hit anyone, then turn right. This should give you enough room to make the turn. Go slowly, so everybody has the opportunity to see what you’re doing and will hopefully give you time and space to complete the turn. Don’t forget to check your passenger side mirror in case someone tries to squeeze past you on that side. Good luck!

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

$650k in Lobster Tails Missing from Load

There was a seal? Maybe he ate the lobsters.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Second day otr no experience

Frank, it sounds like there’s something else on your mind; what are you feeling, that you are driving more hours than what you’re comfortable with, or that you’re not driving enough?

Posted:  1 month, 4 weeks ago

I've opened up a whole can of... Pickles. Want opinions re: tanker endorsement

Yeah, what Brett said.

A ‘women in trucking’ FB group, still haven’t come to a consensus, 100 posts later? Come clean, Susan... is it really 4 or 5 ladies who have changed their minds 20-25 times?

Posted:  2 months ago

Help your fellow driver

That’s a great story, Turtle. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back until your arm falls off. You deserve it. That was exemplary behavior. I’d pat you on the back if I could.

Posted:  2 months ago

My student upgraded!

I’m sure there’s a truck there somewhere amongst all those devices.

Congrats on your student’s upgrade, I’m sure his training was top-shelf.