Comments By Britton

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0704777001548356964-67166.jpg avatar
  • Britton
  • Comments:

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

Prime CDL School, no passport?

You don't need a passport to start.

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

Really focus on the pretrip... that is the one thing a trainer cant help you memorize. 90% of people who fail do so on the pretrip!!!

and yay michael got a trainer...happy dance!

Yes ma'am, have been going over that a lot.

Today was so fridgin cold!! Was out on the pad watching backup procedures and I was so cold I almost fell asleep. Thankfully they pulled some personal cars over to warm up.

I got to try some straight backing but unfortunately ran out of time after I started.

Tomorrow I should get to try again. Quit excited either way, I feel each day is useful and I'm not just wasting away.

OH, safety meeting tomorrow so free food :-p

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

News Article: Is a guaranteed minimum pay the solution to the driver shortage?

When I was looking into prime the guaranteed $700 helped give me a base idea of what I will make at least.

I know it will be more, depending on me, but for some reason it was more helpful than "you can make up to blah blah dollars!" I tend to scoff at those kind of claims.

On that, you could guarantee someone whatever you want, if it's not for them it doesn't matter. However, perhaps it'd help folks like me have a little comfort knowing the minimum as apposed to those "up to" promises.

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

Mistakenly took one of my wife Adderall thinking it was one of my aspirants. Failed drug test.

No offense but when I take a Tylenol or zantac I look at it before I put it in my mouth. I've never just tossed a pill in my mouth without looking to see what it is, I mean, I have to before anyway so I can see where it is in my hand.

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

Let the process begin!

Woohoo! Just got my trainer! Onward and upward!

Congrats you lucky... Dude! Happy for ya.

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

Thanks everyone.

And hey.. congrats to Michael! He got a trainer!

Like you said people are getting certified to train all the time, so, this weekend at the latest I think.

On the bus adventure here I said I would wait awhile got something worth as much as this, and I meant it. So, I'm not getting discouraged just antsy!

I will continue to learn all I can. Even if it's not exam specific, there's soooo much to learn beyond driving skills.

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

Looking at the end of day 9 here at Prime orientation. Still waiting for a trainer is a big bummer, you start to wonder when you see everyone else heading out and you're still sitting in a hotel room. Longer it takes the crazier I feel, I knew I would have to wait, it just starts to make you stir crazy after awhile.

I'm not sitting here doing nothing though. Yesterday and some of today we went over trip planning. This evening we sat through a backing class for trainers which gave a lot of great information. Tomorrow we will be backing up actual trucks, which is great, since when out with a trainer backing doesn't always come that often.

All of this will help me in the long run but not much is going to help me get my CDL until I get to drive and learn hands on. I hope that I get a phone call here within the week because I am more than ready to go! Same can be said for the 25 or so also still waiting.

Anyway, got some trip planning homework and more pre-trip study. I feel pretty confident about the pre-trip but I want to keep going over and over with it regardless of how well I think I know it.

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

Prime drug test

We had someone in orientation randomly drug tested. So, yeah, if you quit don't think you can pick it back up later.

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

That's really cool that you guys got to meet each other!

Yeah it's awesome. Also hang out with a couple guys since the bus ride from Columbus. Really cool making new friends and seeing them succeed along with you.

My roommate is a younger guy. Had a kid, here to make a future for himself and family. I wish I was that focused at 21. He's from Florida, it snowed the second day we were here and it was the first time he saw it snow. It was cool to be a part of. Now he gets to drive in it!

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

Thanks folks.

Not much of an update for today. Had Sim class, some backing and mountain driving. The backing was nice to do.

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

0851967001549143974.jpg

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

Day full of pretrip, awesome to get out there and hands on with the truck.

Also, beyond internet:

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

Thanks!

Today was great. Got to see the Prime terminal, attend a safety meeting, tour the facility AND drive a bobtail! That was awesome to finally do.

Now to wait for a trainer and continue training here in the meantime. Oh, I also grabbed Michael for a selfie! I'll share it if he doesn't mind but I'll wait to make sure.

Youtube trucker videos

It's the same as anything else. The complainers are always louder and more willing to share their opinions. Take anything from a single person perspective with a healthy amount of skepticism.

Allstate Career Cdl Program

**Right after getting my cdl I'll get 30k more miles with a trainer.

Allstate Career Cdl Program

I'm in the first week of my paid training at prime. As soon as I get a trainer I'm going on the road with a permit. In a month or so I'll be testing to very my license.

Basically, it may sound really fast but that is enough time to get there basics and pass the test.

Right after getting my cdl I'll get 30k more minutes with a trainer.

If you go to school you're still going to do that 30k miles or the companies required newbie miles. Might as get your training paid for and much quicker.

Paid CDL Training Programs

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

Haha, doh. We'll just leave that as it is lol.

Excited to take the next step and hope to beat from a trainer soon.

Do a good job and you will not get "beat" by your trainer.

Let the process begin!

Finally met Britton today.

oh sure...hunt him down and hide from me. thnx

rofl-1.gif

Haha yeah, nice to finally meet you. I tried looking around again during roll call and didn't see him and when I walked out I heard "britton!" I thought I did something wrong haha.

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

What?! You didnt see the skateboarding monkey? I look just a little different than my profile pic😁 I'll grab you next time I see you, I'm the deaf guy!

Glad to finally have met ya!

Today was a great day. Lots of us got our badges today. I also took and passed my sim class final. Just like in the real world, paying attention and being prepared is everything!

Excited to take the next step and hope to beat from a trainer soon.

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

Hey Britton, saw you in roll call tried to catch you after but you were too quick in the crowd, lol

Man, I looked for you when they called your name but couldn't find you like Waldo.

Also.. fully cleared! Ready to good.