Comments By Tracey K.

https://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s615/traceycon99/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160113_170439256_HDR_zpszz0yzyzy.jpg avatar
  • Tracey K.
  • Comments:

Ups/fedex

UPS is the hardest and well.... personally I do think the best. I have friends that work for UPS and have nothing but horror stories.

FEDEX is not as hard to get on with as most people think. They do have many company drivers and still run some good dedicated. Check into them first. It's a good company.

Where to start finding trucking job without diploma or GED?

Still young. You can do it. I had to take one back in 2003. I graduated from school in 1980. They had lost my transcripts and I had to go through the Commissioner of Education for our State. Had me scared to death that I had to take a GED. All this time thought I was good. But I passed and have done three tours of duty with three different Technical Schools.rofl-1.gif

I am 51 now. If I can do it at...how old was I?....41! had to think. Duh! 10 years ago. But....

YOU CAN DO IT!

Let us know. We are here to help you all the way. I just am not good at math!..

FAREWELL and HUGE THANKS to Trucking Truth!!!

God Bless Gary. You are still in my prayers. Following Gods plan is always hard, but so very rewarding.

Good Luck. Stop by and see us any way. We do a lot more than trucking here. That's because we are truckers. That's what truckers do!

Good Luck.

God Speed.

Hands palm to palm.

The Adventures of Daniel B.

Hey little buddy. Miss you. Hope all is going well for you. Hope you had a good Christmas. Praying for you for the New Year!

Hands Palm to Palm.embarrassed.gif

I did it!

dancing.gifdancing-banana.gifgood-luck-2.gif

Congratulations!

Keep us posted. I knew you could do it.

Where to start finding trucking job without diploma or GED?

Yep!

Look for a Technical school in your area. Go and apply to take the GED. They will help you. Get that and apply at the same school for Truck driving. Find one that has a CDL class. You will come out better in the long run. Just a question, but how old are you? If you haven't been out of school more than 40 years you should be able to take the test without a problem. I know Georgia lowered the testing score for a GED last year. It's really not a big deal. The Tech. school will help you especially if they know you want to get into their CDL program. That's what they are their for. Most schools will have recruiters as well that will come in to talk with you.

Check youe area out for a Tech school and let us know. We will continue to help you from there.

It's going to take some work, but if you want it bad enough you will do what it takes.

good-luck.gif

Finished First Week Of Schneider Orientation

You will soon. Hang in there. Glad to hear you are getting a truck. "Good things come to those who wait."

Going to be a good start to a New Year!

A visit to Love's Truck Stop!

I only have a small amount of fat just above my belt line. Right Daniel.rofl-3.gif

It gets real hard after 50.

But I have eaten hardy for many a years. But, I'm not Fat and Lazy. Just Husky. confused.gif Big Boned?shocked.png

It's best to stock your little frig your self. Cheaper all the way around.

But look at Santa! He delivers more than all of us put together and in just one night. So, fat guys can be very productive.

I wear my DICIDO hat with pride.smile.gif

LOVE'S! Is that with handles?

Finished First Week Of Schneider Orientation

Jeff, I went through all your post again to make sure I had a good grasp of things. This whole situation is a good one and something that happens more than you think. Keeping us posted is really going to help.

First, you did NOTHING wrong. You applied for a job and were told you would be hired on as a solo driver. For them to come at you with the "team" driver things is wrong on their part. They know it too. Their is a great deal of politics in the trucking industry. They also tend to think that because they are hiring you that you should do exactly how they want it. That is NOT true.

Having good work ethic and integrity is one thing. Being a patsy is something all together different. One of the biggest things you will learn in this industry is how to speak up. If you don't you will be eaten alive.

I would stay in touch with them on a daily basis. That way they cannot put anything into your employment file that would suggest that you are a "NO SHOW". You have to keep your butt covered. If they don't want you hounding them, they need to give you a truck.

If this continues for another two weeks I would strongly suggest that you start looking for someone else to work for. I know you like them, but if they are going to lead you on in this manner then this is not the place you need to be. I don't care that they may be thinking of running teams only. You DO NOT advertise for a job and then change the job. That is wrong! I myself, would call them tomorrow and ask if I need to be looking for another job? If they say yes, then at least you are free to go on to the next chapter. You can then apply at another company, explaining why you are leaving Schneider and believe me, another trucking company will understand. The market is too big out there. The industry needs drivers.

DON'T SECOND GUESS YOUR SELF! YOU DID THE TRAINING. YOU DID ALL THAT THEY ASKED. IT IS TIME NOW FOR THEM TO DELIVER, SO YOU CAN TOO!

Good luck. keep us posted.

The Official Merry Christmas Thread!!!

God Bless you all! Have a very Merry Christmas! Be safe out there.

To all the drivers who will not be home. I will say a special prayer for you. Know that God is taking care of your family and that they are dreaming and praying of and for you. I just have these beautiful pictures in my mind and heart of what is in store for you when you get home. Thank you for what you are doing for us all this Christmas season. Prayers for traveling mercies.

May the joy of Christmas fill your heart this year and continue through the rest of your life.

dancing-dog.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing-dog.gif

Passed My CDL Test

Pictures are worth a THOUSAND words and yours has spoken volumes. Sons are a wonderful thing aren't they? Danny, that was great!

So joyed to know you have made it through. You still have my prayers.

Lets us know how things go. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your journey.

Merry Christmas!

Finished First Week Of Schneider Orientation

Wow! What a ride! You have nailed it. It was scary there for a moment though, wasn't it. Feels good now that you are about to be in that driver seat soon.

Proud of you Jeff. You have done a great job. You are with an awesome company too. I have talked with many a driver who loves being with Schneider. That do know there stuff. A member of my church is a Safety Instructor on the contract side and has done work with them. He said they have one of the higher good driver reports. They teach you well.

Good Luck. Keep us posted. Tell us all about the truck you get and your first run.

Starting orientation and company training duing winter

Animal you made perfect points. Getting that HARD knowledge and experience up front in your career is going to stick with you for a long time. We all retain the harder stuff better than the easy stuff and at first start it stays even longer.

You will have experience other drivers in other parts of the country will wish they had.

Having a trainer is a great asset. One everyone should take advantage of. Bad or Good!

Good luck and keep us posted on how things go.

Merry Christmas!

A CLEAN AND SOBER TRUCK DRIVER!

Thank you guys. With a lump in my throat and those tender tears is my eyes, I thank you!

Daniel, you are AMAZING!

Brett, you my friend are a blessing to us all!

Roger, I am humbled. It is amazing what happens here. God Bless you and yours.

CortaroAz, what a wonderful accomplishment. That was not easy. Love is so strong!

Svetlana, it will go well and we will see you on the byways! Merry Christmas.

Hands Palm to Palm

Can I get a CDL if my DUI’s were in a state that disqualifies you from obtaining one?

Did you get the two DUI's in Georgia? Because if you did then you would have received a letter from Georgia stating that you have been suspended for life. If you have not received that letter you should not have been suspended. Also, is a lawyer telling you have a lifetime suspension or is it one of the operators you are calling at DDS? Ask them when the letter was issued. And get the date of the suspension. You can apply for your driving history and record beyond the normal DMV report by going through the Conyers office of the Georgia DDS. I would contact the Commissioners Office of DDS to see about filing for your record. It sounds like to me that a big mistake has been made and believe you me Georgia is good about that.

What county did the DUI's happen in? Have you had more than 2 DUI's? Did you move to NC from Georgia? If NC will issue you a CDL then Georgia has no claim to you. If your license is under a lifetime suspension in any state you would be denied a license period in another state.

A lifetime suspension is for multiple DUI's. Meaning more than 2. I had two within a period of 4 years. Here in Georgia. I had to get a wavier on the "drunk box", and do all the mandatory school stuff. But that was all. First one was in 2004 the other in 2006.

Contact the Commissioner of DDS. And I will see if I can find the right attorney for you. Need to know the county and like I said if you have more than just the two.

Are you "tainted" if you drive an automatic?

Like Brett said. Your test was in a manual. Driving and automatic does not cut you out of the game. Most of your Fedx trucks are automatic and drivers go to other companies all the time from there. Well, maybe not many, it's a good company to work for. But as Daniel said, you will have to go through their training program. It is like riding a bike. It comes back to you. Driving a truck is not just shifting. It's much much more.

Good Luck. Don't sweat it!

Denied by Prime

YES! NEVER GIVE UP.

Look for other options. They are out there. It just takes time. Apply to every company out there. EVERY COMPANY! It's all about how bad you really want it. If you want it bad enough you will work your butt of to get it. NO and NEVER is not an option.

All I can say is: It is possible. I have had more obstacles than I can shake a stick at. But, I never gave up and am doing what I want to do now. Let the spirit which dwells inside lead you to where you are to go. It will.

Might not be what you want at first, but you will get there. I promise. Patience.

A CLEAN AND SOBER TRUCK DRIVER!

I know this doesn't have anything to do with getting a job in trucking or the in's and out's about skills. But , today I was blessed in a truly wonderful way and feel lead to post this.

I hope I don't offend anyone!

God has truly blessed me with this website. Thank you Brett for creating it and thank you to all the Moderators and members who make this such a wonderful place to come to find out about the TRUTH about trucking.

I was contacted by another member today through the private message, asking about my advice about being Clean and Sober for almost 7 years now. ( 3-24-14 ) will be 7 years for me. They didn't want to post about it and i can understand why. That is why I am posting instead. It took heart for him to contact me and I want him to know that. You would all be amazed at how many truck driver out there struggle with either alcohol or drug addiction. More than you think. And with the regulations like they are today it is even harder for a recovering addict to get a job and sometimes impossible for him to keep one.

Back years ago when I first began to drive, many a truck driver were popping pills to stay awake to get that next load delivered. I am sure today that they still do, a long with many other dangerous and life threatening, mind altering chemicals and behaviors just not right for the trucking industry or life in general.

I have read many a post about the troubles of those who are trying to get into trucking after having drug or alcohol related issues. It's hard as hell! But, it is not impossible.

My main point for the post is about those who are recovering. For those who are out there. You are not alone! I know that is cliche', but it's the truth. Driving a truck can make it even harder on those who are recovering. You may feel that you are too separated from you support system and the stress of the job can really get to you. But their are many other support systems out there for you. Spiritual chapels at many of the truck stops across the country are there just for a person like ourselves. You have the radio, CD's, CB radio, books and even the Bible to help you through your day. The internet has many a support group out there as well.

As I told the person who contacted me. One of the main things I start my day with is a devotional book called, "God Calling." It gives me something to think about all day that is productive to my life. The biggest thing though is how I see life. It's why I became a truck driver in the first place. Which is probably why deep down inside the reason you became one too, or are thinking about becoming one. Anyone can drive a truck, but it takes a special person to BE A TRUCK DRIVER! So, you have a head start already in the "special department."

The short version of my story. I began drinking at the age of 6. I was a functioning alcoholic by the age of 9. I used to take gin to school in my thermos. I was court ordered to attend a AA meeting at the age of 9. It didn't do much good for me, but of the 50 or so people there that night, I'm pretty sure it probably changed one life. I drank and did drugs for the better part of 40 years. I am 51 now. A long time. During those years I drove a truck for almost 14 years. I have had two DUI's. Luckily neither was in a commercial vehicle. I have not driven in the last 6 years, but have just started back. I am lucky to have my CDL's again, but more than that, I am lucky to be alive.

I know their are other stories out there. I know many are struggling now. What ever you do, DON'T GIVE UP! You have a responsibility behind that wheel. Don't abuse it. Don't disrespect it. And Don't get behind that wheel under the influence.

For all those who are struggling. God Bless you! You are in my prayers as you are in many more I am sure. My private messaging is open to all who wish just to vent or talk. I may not be on here as often as I should and today made me think that I need to do a better job. I believe that God lead me to this website. This is another one of those things in life that I never thought I would be doing. But, I have been truly blessed since I joined. Their are many more options out there to keep you clean and sober. Join one of the many trucking charities out there. So many people need our help. The gift you will receive will be far greater than just your sobriety.

I know I have babbled and I apologize. But, tonight what it means to be a truck driver rang true tonight. It's about helping others. It's what we old school guys have talked about so much. And I see that it is very much still alive in the hearts of many truck drivers through out this nation. Thank you Jesus! I'll end with this poem:

There once was a boy who through confusion and pain, came to a place where everyone was the same. He laughed and he cried, and cried then some more; until one special day, true love walked through the door. This love it was special. Oh, how bright it did shine. A true loving friendship, for the boy and in time. Now how would you figure this friendship would come to be? But, only through the Grace of God, He sent You to meet Me!

Merry Christmas to ALL of the TruckingTruth Family. To all the family members of the drivers on the road. God Bless you ALL. Traveling mercies as you drive here and there. And as always, may the dreams of You (The Truck Driver) be ever so joyful on the hearts and minds of your families each night.

God Speed Be Safe.

Very Merry Christmas!

Failed Urine Test !!!

Guy is right! You are lucking that you weren't driving a truck at the time. It's going to be hard, but don't give up. You have come this far.

Their are companies out there that will take a chance. You will have to apply to them all! Be open and honest about everything. You may have to take a job that you don't really want for awhile, but it will be worth it in the long run.

I know it is a hard lesson to learn. But, it is one that is well worth learning. If you will stick it out you will see how your own life will benefit from it. You may need to take a job working in the warehouse for a year or so. It would be a good start. Many companies will feel you out for a period of time to see if you would be worth the chance. That's just how it works.

Use the link we have here if you haven't already and apply to all the companies. Then pray about it.

I wish you the best.

My first

Welcome to the world of trucking.

And you are still driving? Hum? Must be because you are a truck driver in heart and spirit.

That was a rough and crazy time. But it gets better! Kinda?rofl-3.gif

The great thing about trucking is that 'true-life' really is played out right before your eyes in a way no other person will see. A truck driver is in more situations in a day then most people are in 6 months. That's why it takes a special person to be able to do the job. You will put up with a lot of crap, see a great many a "crazy persons" and simply put, pull your hair out, shake your head at, and wonder why.....more times than anyone will ever believe. But they make for great stories.

Glad you are still with us. Enjoy your posts.

Be safe. God speed and traveling mercies.

Merry Christmas!dancing-dog.gif