Comments By Bryan Q.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0065056001526506339-72543.jpg avatar
  • Bryan Q.
  • Comments:

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Need help from the swifties

So I’m almost done with my mentor ( thanks God ) and he does dedicate routes. Basically all I ever done was chambersburg pa down to mount Crawford va. That’s really it. So no trip planning really. And we only use macros 0-6 and he does intermodal but when I get on my own I’ll be doing dry vans. Which idk why they put in intermodal? But anyways. I know when I get on my own I’m going to have trouble with trip planning and all my other friends said they use more macros otr. So basically can anybody help me out on going about trip planning especially if I have to go let’s say from Nc to California.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Long hair policy

I went to the swift academy!

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Long hair policy

I know TMC is one. I almost went with them until I read that lol my Hair shoulders length and it took me a long time to grow. So I didn’t want to cut it off.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Inverter question

So when I get my own truck with swift after I’m done with my mentor. Will those cigarette plug inverters work for a crock pot ? Or maybe my lap top ? I know I can really idle my truck with swift. But idk if those would mess up the battery or anything

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

SWIFT academy question

I finished the swift academy Richmond. With the swift skills test you have 3 chances. Then you have one more shot to pass. And if you fail that you’re gone.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

My mentor update

Thanks ! Hopefully I’ll run into you sometime !!!

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

My mentor update

Well I’ve been out for about 2 weeks. My mentor is pretty cool. We do dedicated intermodal account outbof Pennsylvania to Virginia and Maryland. It’s ok. I like the trucking. Not a big fan of the dedicated as I want to be otr. But I’m getting my experience in. And it’s going great so far. He said since the first time I jumped in the seat I was doing perefect. And my backing was really good too :)

Set up !

Thanks guys ! It’s like I see my trailer and I know what I want it to do. But when it’s time to do it. It’s like oops hahaha. But. There’s always tomorrow ! Missed out on a amazon load today :(

Set up !

So my mentor said I have been doing extremely well he’s just been chilling until the first 50 hrs are up. He said my backing is impressive. But I do tend to steer too much. How do I correct myself with this ? Once I see my trailer I tend to steer hard to try to get it in the slot. So how can I correct myself with this issue ?

First load done !!!

Brett it feels amazing !!!

And thanks guys ! It’s so crazy how fast this happen

First load done !!!

So I picked up a intermodal load at Walmart D/C in Virginia. And dropped it off in PA at rail yard. And my mentor said my backing was PERFECT !!! He’s been bragging how well I was driving and how good I backed on the first day ! I’m so excited

Mentor ready

Update on my mentor. So I talked with him over them phone last night. He is owner op. And he does a dedicated intermodal account that runs out of PA. ( so maybe I get to see you G-Town) he said that he has multiple stops a day sometimes. And some loads are 50miles some or 100 miles and it all depends. I think it’s cool that I’ll be learning intermodal. But I’m super nervous about the trip planning with the multiple loads and I know he’s going to teach me. But I don’t want to make him late. But I know I will get it eventually. It’s going to be a tuff one. Be he said his students come off the truck knowing all about the truck and not just driving it.

Mentor ready

I will for sure ! Swift is pretty great so far !

Mentor ready

Finishing swift orientation today and I should have my mentor this evening ! Thank you guys so much. And thank you for giving me tips and tricks of this industry. This happen so fast and I am excited to start this journey

Swift orientation

Thanks guys ! I will definitely keep this updated ! Thanks for the words ! Excited to see you guys on the road

Swift orientation

I start orientation Monday. And I’m excited to finally get on the road. All the testing and all that practice paid off during school. Now time to get real world experience !!

ITS OFFICIAL !!

I PASSED MY CDL TEST AT THE DMV !!!!! With swift !! I am so happy that I completed this milestone !!!! Next up orientation next Monday and now I get to go home for a few days to catch up with friends and family. THANK YOU TRUCKING TRUTH FOR EVERYTHING !! Can’t wait to see you guys on the road !

CDL dmv TEST 3-6-18

Thanks Errol ! I can’t wait to get it over with. There’s 3 of us going to dmv and the out of state people ( which is me) go first. And I was hoping to get one more out of state so I can watch. But the sooner I go the sooner I can head home for a few days. I can’t wait to meet you guys at a truck stop !

CDL dmv TEST 3-6-18

So the time has come for me to take my CDL test. And I’m not too worried about it. Because I’m trying to calm myself because I know if I get nervous I’ll fail. I witness that last week when 3 students fail because of nerves. One shouldn’t have because the tester gave her 13 points when she only had 5. Anyways. The only thing I’m concern about is my parallel parking and my road test because they’re two tight “ island turns” and I don’t want to hit the curb and get an auto fail. Everything else I feel confident about. I’ll be taking it in Richmond va with swift. Any tips for the official test !

Posted:  1 year, 11 months ago

Final phase complete !!

Haha yes old James is my favorite lol we call him cowboy ! We quote him a lot haha “TURN THAT WHEEL DRIVER “ and yes Vince and Steve still here. Vince gave me a handshake when I turned in my test sheet !