Profile For Anne A. (G13MomCat)

Anne A. (G13MomCat)'s Info

OH

Considering A Career

2 years, 8 months ago

Anne A. (G13MomCat)'s Bio

Trucker's wife, Trucker's life. (20 years and counting, for the 'wife' part, LoL~!) Drove w/ the hubby a few years back when he pulled for an O/O .. had the best 6 months of my life, LoL!

When the 2nd birdie leaves the nest (he's 15; atm..) I'll find my 'PLACE' in this world, w/ y'all~!!

Best wishes to all.

Anne A. (G13MomCat)'s Photo Gallery Group 1 of 2

Posted:  3 days, 22 hours ago

Best Regional/OTR Companies for Experienced Drivers

Hey All, Im brand new here, based out of Philly area. Been driving for 8 years now, predominantly worked local as a heavy equipment hauler. Good pay, and benefits. But.......I might as well be OTR or Regional as we are worked to the bone out in the elements unloading and loading landoll or lowboy trailers in any weather condition you can imagine. im experienced but dont think i know it all thats for sure. looking to find out the best OTR/Regional companies for experienced driver to move to. I ran flatbed before for PGT and it was okay when i got linked up with a good dispatcher/driver manager. i took the local job becuase of union benefits. but theres so much politics and bs involved working amongst the same people managers trying to force loads on you lasts minute. im looking for a good balance of pay/benefits as well as employee/company relations. appreciate all the good input. thanks Enzo.

Howdy, Enzo/Joe, and welcome to TT ~!

We are usually more about helping 'newbies' ... but I've got some info for you, via my hubby; who's been driving for many years. Garner Trucking in Findlay, Ohio has been one of the 20 best fleets to drive for, 4 years in a row. Mostly regional, and yes... NE if you don't mind such. Equipment is excellent; we have been to their terminal. They hire seasoned drivers only. Might be something you could look into, because if my hubby wanted to go OTR/Regional, he would definitely drive for them!

Hope this helps; best of luck and let us know!

Anne :)

Posted:  1 week ago

Out of the game for 4 years

I have been out of the trucking industry for four years. I let my CDL lapse in 2016. Prior to that I drove for 13 years solid. I want to get back into the trucking industry and keep getting different answers. My question is do I have to start from scratch and go through driving school or should I get into a company CDL training program? I called a Truck school locally and the instructor said I have to start all over because I was out of driving for 4 years.

Hi, Shawn; and welcome to the forum!!

Of course, the local truck school is going to tell you that . . . They want your money!

Your best and safest bet would be to get into a company CDL training program, as you also mentioned, and here's why: You will HAVE a job with said company upon completion of successful training with them, and you MAY get some sort of abbreviated training, due to your prior experience of 14 years!

My husband was in a similar situation in 2003, and he went the paid school route, unfortunately. We didn't know then, what we know now. This website is invaluable . . . you can study and apply ALL in one place~! Brush up on pre trips, updated regs, and head to orientation, all from here!

Best of luck with your return to trucking; glad to have you on TT ~!

Anne :)

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Looking for midwest carriers

You stole my name!

That was the first thing I noticed, too!

smile.gif

I know, right? I saw the title and the author, and i was like.... wtf-2.gif

Raced in here to figure out.... wtf.gifembarrassed.gifsorry.gif

Y'all mods need to have these 'impostors' add another 'letter' to their handle on here, haha!

(See, the 'original' Daniel B . . . you are MISSED and CHERISHED~! )

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Cdl school and complicatiobs

So when I came into cdl school I was ready to absorb all the information I could, now after several set backs not including coro a virus I am at the point that I can't keep going through this with nothing to show for it I am not making money and I am left in a situation where I can't keep waiting to make money and I have just lost all hope which is causing me to make seriously dangerous mistakes when I do get limited drive time since I have to work so I don't know what to do to give up on this now or what I should do here if there is one more set back I will get worse

IMHO, the panic attacks that you seem to have, don't help.

Have you entertained the thought of COMPANY PAID TRAINING? Roehl (I think...) pays off the bat, as soon as you are hired...and OTR is THE way to go, for starters (or forever?) anyway!

Read Brandon Kitts' diary. . . he left EMT/Firefighter/911 OUTright.... and is super successful . . . after the trials and trib's.

Here's the link:

Brandon Kitts' Roehl Diary

Just ONE of many links, applying through Brett's site, can get you IN and get you PAID sooner than later.

Wish you the best, man; as I've said before.

Anne :)

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Paid CDL - Automatic or manual transmissions.

The days of manual transmissions are about over.

Tell the H/H guys that, LoL~! :)

Posted:  2 weeks, 5 days ago

Postcards from the Road! (Post Yours Please!)

Not really a 'postcard' from the road; more of a 'frivolity,' haha~!!!!! The things y'all see out there. This is a view from the hubby's window. Beautiful, BLUE SKIES~~!!! ...but for the flatbed he was following~! confused.gif Hope that pool stays in tact, LoL~!!rofl-3.gif0713354001588803589.jpg

Posted:  2 weeks, 5 days ago

Paid CDL - Automatic or manual transmissions.

I have a paid CDL opportunity with training options in two different locations. The effective cost of the programs is the same, but one location is for automatic transmissions and the other is for manual. The automatic transmission course is a week shorter. It is also closer to my home. Am I shooting myself in the foot by excepting a paid CDL commitment they only teaches me automatic transmissions? It seems like I would be, but I need some opinions.

Hay, Paul~!

Are you going company paid, or 'school' training? Here's my honest opinion (either way) based on my husband's experience; he's been driving since '03, when there were 'almost' no autos, LoL~! Ergo, no restriction.

The company he works for now, although they don't hire 'newbies' per se, advertises AMT's (atutomated manual transmissions) in their Mack Pinnacles. Well, when one's 'issued' daycab/tractor is in for repairs more than a day long, husband is sent out in the 'spare' truck, which is a 10 speed International. Had he gotten that 'E' restriction, he'd be off that day unless they 'borrowed' an auto from somebody somewhere within the company.

Just food for thought.

Additionally, if you are talking 'straight construction/cranes' I have no idea, nor does he....on the manual side.... BUT if you ever wanted to do Heavy Haul, or had a NEED to MOVE that heavy machinery you speak of, on a semi....those H/H rigs are often 18 speeds.

If both schools are 'almost' equidistant and price is not an issue, I'd go with the one that trains with no restriction. Again, YMMV.. and just my two cents, and the opinion of my 'guy' as well~!

Best of luck in your schooling; don't be a stranger~!!!

Anne :)

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

Yo, PackRat... question (or 2?) for ya. . . :)~

1. Yes, I’ll resurrect the diary again soon. I know....promises, promises....sorry.gif

2. In the T680, the only thing I can recall mounted on the windshield was the company dash cam, then the toll/scales pass system boxes, and then my own GPS.

I’m home again since Sunday night, getting stuff onto the truck. I’ll go back out again tomorrow evening. Next trip is from Suffolk, VA to Terrell, TX.

Thanks for the quick reply, sir. I'll patiently await your postings of new trials and trib's, for sure!

Re: Millis..... looking for a company w/Maroon KW's around 2008 (not sure the model) that had some 'trickery' between the visors, and that's all I could come up with. Seen on I70 between IN and OH... back then. I'm clueless. Been a trucker's wife for 20 plus, and try to keep up, but...all that came to mind was Millis, and I remembered you worked there.

^^^ Any other input??? I'm pretty observant, but...just can't recall... THANKS AGAIN; be safe tmrw night. Sounds like an awesome run!!

TTys,

Anne :)

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

Yo, PackRat... question (or 2?) for ya. . . :)~

Hay you. Two questions; I'll try to make'em quick... (haha, right....LoL!)

1.) Are you EVER gonna start your diary on Crete, as promised?!? (I know, 4 days go by quick....sorry!)

2.) When you drove for Millis, were you in a KW maybe T2000? If so, or even if not.... do you recall it having what looked like a tiny jet engine looking thing right in the middle of the visor above the windshield?

Asking for a friend of the hubby's, haha! confused.gifrofl-3.gif

Hope all is well for ya, man. Always love your posts~!

Anne :)

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Company wants me to pay

You can look them up regarding safety and such, at SAFER.FMCSA.DOT.GOV but I'm sure the pro's will be along shortly, or in the morning, to dissuade you.

With only 31 trucks, if YOUR power unit is down...for a week or more repairs, THEN what?!?!? 31 tractors...doesn't sound like a spare or two sitting around.

What'ya looking at hauling?

Posted:  1 month ago

Parking does anyone else care?

... I hear others on radio ask what the heck I'm doing and I probably look like a dog spinning circles looking for the perfect place to poop.

While I strongly advise all drivers to have and use a C.B. - that's only while they're going down the road. Use the off button in truck stops and parking lots and you will stop hearing voices.

IMHO, some will 'STILL' hear voices.... rofl-3.gif

Posted:  1 month ago

You know you are in the sticks when...

That was not my thought at all, nor did I ever write that I was calling you a liar. Maybe you need to re-read the posts a few more times?

Sorry you got your feelings hurt over nothing.

My feelings weren’t hurt, but I’m not sure what else you could have meant by this.

“It was this strange, yet no photos? Yeah sure.”

Here's the REAL deal...every DAY.

"You KNOW you are in the sticks when . . ". >> this is how you leave home for your driving shift, and barely clear the trees out the end of your yard~! (Better have some skills, haha! I couldn't / can't do it... just the other half~! With doggo on watch, of course!)

0790698001587518970.jpg

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Truck driving classes in spanish?

Good afternoon I am looking for a company that gives me truck driving classes I live in Wisconsin but I am from Puerto Rico so I speak Spanish but I am an American citizen. I have the desire and the need for my family and I know that by becoming a trucker I will be able to help my family. All those who have contacted tell me that only the classes are in English, but if there was one with someone who is bilingual, I would like to have that great opportunity, I know a little if they talked to me slowly but I don't speak much. I hope you can help me. Thank you

Welcome to the Trucking Truth forum, Luis ~!

Glad you found us; the moderators and the owner of the site, and of course the members are here to help! If you click the link below, it will take you to a 'general' application that you can fill out, and state that your first language is Spanish. VariousTrucking Truth Jobs companies will then call you or email you accordingly.

There are also links within the above link, to our 'starter kit.' Hope this helps; holler back with any and all questions you may have ! good-luck.gif

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

The waiting game

I keep learning FROM YOU!

Haha, thanks for the compliment, but it sounds to me like you're getting it done with your own solutions. I like seeing that!

Steve L., I'm not a trucker .. but knowing what bit I do, it sure seems like you played your cards WELL, man! The credit given to O/S just touched my heart to show up and reply here. My husband hauls paper products, and is 'essential' atm. SO many people .. even WITHIN his company, want to try to play the 'sick' card. My Tom is rolling hard, long, and bringing the rig home to save 1.5 hours if and when he can.

You all are AMAZING.

PS: As part of my 'research,' I encounter people in other 'places,' let's say.. other social media venues if you will. You, Old School, are quite the benchmark to many. I miss your blog, yet understand the time issues overall with life and driving. I do, sir... I do.

Best wishes to ALL y'all~!

The trucker's wife,

Anne :)

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Rookie Solo Adventure, thoughts, questions, vent, and ramble.

I totally agree with PackRat ... ! (as usual, haha!)

I'm sorry your LTR crashed.. I know for a fact that this lifestyle isn't always conducive to any/many/most LTR's~! :(

I, as well, miss your updates, G.

I hope you find the time, wherewithal, and adventures to share with us'n's here.

Best wishes, Spoonerist G. thank-you-2.gif Thanks again.

Anne :)

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Woes of a trainee in trucking school

Well ket me start off by saying i have researched trucking before i went into school and i loved getting into the truck and double clutching and backing i got pretty good at it all and at pre trip while this trainer did teach me a little he has tried to take credit for all my hard work while he has been doing little to no instructing but thats not the bad part i was ready to test on march 24th only to have the third party tester and the instructor to screw up making the other guy that was testing that day take my spot and only after he completed the test was it discovered that the wrong person took the test and he could not do mine because they had to change the test to the other guy so here i am in april being told i cant take the test until may due to this mistake of not asking for proof of who was taking the test i have been put off several times and i am not saying they are at fault for the corona virus but the fact that i should be on the road right now making money, but here i am having to get a job at a grocery store due to their mistake while the other guy gets to go about his happy life as a class a cdl driver no money no time and homeless due to this and i am trying to keep positive but this situation unfolding as it has cost me everything. I know this is a bit of a rant but have any of you been through crap like this and what actions should i take if any?

Hay, Ten T. , welcome to Trucking Truth; and sorry to hear about your woes. There are MANY at this time in the economy.

I'm hoping by now you have worked out your conundrums, with all the FMCSA's attempts at accommodations to licensure!

If you ever decide to go 'company' training (in case this plan above tanked for you, anyway) I'd encourage you to read MillionMiler24's diary. Just enter his name in the search bar on the top of this page. He went from homelessness to hero.... in the trucking industry. He's one of our resident 'LEGENDARY' success stories on TT~!

Filling out the application on our site, will send you in that direction, immediately!!

Wish you the best. Stop back by !!

Anne :)

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Trailer brake

I have no clue, haha.. but, just wanted to say, it's GOOD TO SEE YOU AROUND, again~!

rofl-3.gifthank-you-2.gifrofl-3.gif

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

How Does An Owner/Operator Take A Vacation?

Good ole' Red. What a legend. Just lost ANOTHER one, in John Prine.... dangit.

ps: I could see PJ pulling a trailer like that, haha! (Just not that # ...)

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Remote dispatcher

Hello everyone ,

I've heard a lot of companies in the US use a remote dispatcher. Any idea on how could I do this ?

I am from Europe, I have 7 years trucking experience in all of Europe. I've done a little research and I don't think there is too much difference between the 2 markets. If I am wrong please correct me.

Any idea or feedback will be appreciated

Kind regards, Alex

Hi, Alex~~ and welcome to the forum !

I'm not sure we have the answers you are seeking here, as it's been quite some time since your post, with no replies. I apologize, but we are more geared up here to get new/potential drivers set up with training companies, to get them on the road and making money. As far as a 'remote' dispatcher, are you speaking of 'leasing on' to a company for freight; paying for access to load boards, or ... other ? ? ? Many 'company' drivers have 'remote' dispatchers at this moment in time, due to the COVID 19 virus; operating remotely from their own homes, but I don't think that's what you are seeking.

It appears that you are, in fact, an Owner/Operator (and we DO have a few here, as well...) and might be better served by the likes of OOIDA. You can access them and their information with a quick Google search.

To 'my' knowledge, the markets are similar between our countries, as you asked. I hope you find your answers; feel free to stop back by and share your results, if you so feel inclined!

Have a great day, sir/madam~!

Anne :)

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

What does a quarantine due to coronavirus mean for truckers?

Man I love reading this page. You put out some good stuff regarding this virus. The way certain politicians are acting and using it as a weapon makes it look like it’s a way of damaging trump. I wonder of this Dr Fauci Is a political plant. We have to take what he says as the gospel and trump can’t do a thing about it. He just said the other night that we shouldn’t leave our homes till there are no new cases and no new deaths. Think about that for a moment. That won’t happen for months. But they all say he is the expert and we have to listen to him. This whole thing just seems so weird. We’ll see what happens. I was going to switch to hauling fuel from hauling refrigerated but not anytime soon. I’m busy as can be hauling reefer.

Yessir, good call, IMHO. I don't normally post in this thread (my last one got deleted ... and I was just trying to get the O/P to quit flaming...buuuut...o'well.)

Case in point, I (we) have a lot of friends that are drivers, hauling almost all and everything currently (no fuel guys, though!) and what I'm seeing is that the reefer guys in 'daycabs' are getting laid off / furloughed like rapid fire, (ie: Yuuyo Y. w/Sysco and a pal Mike in Cleveland working for GFS.)

Why is this?!?!? How is OTR reefer kicking butt right now, but the home daily guys (even LTL like Bobcat Bob) are taking the hits?

Turtle? G'Town? What say y'all??confused.gifconfused.gif

I'm just wondering out loud, and trying to re'rail this thread, for all intents and purposes; and get the reality factor out of it all, myself.

Thanks, guys and gals~! thank-you-2.gif

'Be safe' wishes; as always~!!!

Anne :)