Profile For Anne A. (G13Momcat)

Anne A. (G13Momcat)'s Info

Trucker's Wife's Place, OH

Considering A Career

Anne A. (G13Momcat) On The Web

4 years, 4 months ago

Anne A. (G13Momcat)'s Bio

Trucker's wife, Trucker's life~!

20 years and counting...^^^^

God bless, be safe, y'all~!! :)

Facebook by request..easy to find!

Amery2umom@gmail.com via email; just put TruckingTruth in the subject!

ps: That's me and 'Truck Driver Tom' in the avatar. (And yes, that IS the title of a Children's Book!)

Anne A. (G13Momcat)'s Photo Gallery Group 1 of 13

Posted:  11 hours, 37 minutes ago

CDL vision issues in Illinois

Some states do not offer a vision waiver. This new ruling will allow you to obtain a CDL. I am just not certain about a time line for when applications can be filed. We will try to stay on top of this and provide the information when we can.

It looks like it’s official now?

So now what do I do? Can the DOT medical examiner grant me the medical card now? Or do I now have to go through my actual eye doctor and he has to write it off as I’m good to go?

When you get the link for the new waiver will you please post it? If that’s what I’ll need for my actual eye doctor.

In a nutshell, it will be released in 9 days.... "Their exemptions are applicable as of January 30, 2022 and will expire on January 30, 2024. Conditions and Requirements as stated in the register."

Hopefully, more info to follow!

Posted:  11 hours, 42 minutes ago

Getting OD Certified next week!

Hey all! It's been a while since I've been on, just been busy training for P&D and Linehaul for the OD training program. I have my eye on doing linehaul to start my seniority on the board but the TM would like me to start on the combo board for the time being until the next graduate finishes.

Now I'm scheduled to see a regional safety manager up in SLC to be certified as an OD driver. Anyone been through this process? Is it as thorough as some of the driver say it is? Guess it's better to be overprepared than not, but any advice from the other drivers on here? Bobcat, looking at you dude!

Anyways, y'all have a good rest of your day and I'll keep you guys posted!

Awesome, and YES, WE MISSED YOU!

Mr. Banks mentioned you to SHANTIWA ... btw... so, if you would be 'so kind' to 'reply' to her thread .... that'd be awesome! I was trying to talk her into driving school buses, myself....hahaha!

Here's the link; and TYSM! Shantiwa / Paging Dr. Who !!!

Super happy for YOU, TOOOOOO!

Posted:  1 day, 5 hours ago

Companies Not Requiring & Requiring the Jab

As of right now, my company is not mandating the vaccine. The drivers who have the vaccine are currently doing the Canada runs. However, this is our slowest time, and we are already falling behind on some contracts, so it's a good chance we are going to be losing work, which could mean some downsizing. So, good times.

Oh, MAN!!!

It's slow EVERYWHERE right now.... from my 'small' perspective. Thanks for updating on this; I've been 'wondering' on your response/reply in numerous threads, good sir.

Good times abound; it's not just you.

Best to you, and thanks for the update, for sure.

Posted:  1 day, 8 hours ago

Prime Job Gap

Yes Banks, Werner owns the Roadmasters, training school, at least in Fontana, Cal. (went n applied there my 1st time) Didn't work out because WIOA got budget cuts n RM wouldn't budge lower to meet it.....

Who owns Trainco?!?

ps: read your texts~!

Posted:  1 day, 9 hours ago

Will Major Foot Cramps (that temporarily may impair driving) mess up getting a trucking career going? (schooling, hiring, training, etc)

Thank you everybody for all those replies and helpful comments!! This really sets my mind at ease. It sounds like there will be some understanding of the situation during schooling and so forth, and i shouldn't be too worried. Also, i'm hesitant to go to a doctor about it, becuase my mom had the exact same issue in the exact same place, and they wound up giving her this really expensive physical therapy which didn't even help.. The issue is slowly but surely getting better (hydration & supplements (including keeping chewable tums(which only contain calcium) in my pocket or near me) & stretches seem to be helping the most, along with other stuff).. So yeah, it sounds like it shouldn't be a major issue for the instructors etc, regardless, so, thanks again - this was a big worry for me - i start school in 2 months and i'm very excited!! :) You Rock - TruckingTruth Peoples!!!!!

-lee

'Tis what TT's here for, Lee !!

Who'd you decide go go with... anyhow? One of these? Apply For Paid CDL Training!!

You should ALSO ... check out this:

You got this!!!

Posted:  1 day, 9 hours ago

Advice On Where To Begin

For all those interested, here is an update and the job search. Prime kind of ghosted me, the recruiter contacted me on a Friday, told me she would call back the following Monday. Never got a call. I did send her a message to touch base today, see where it goes. Western Express assigned me a recruiter but I haven't heard from him, via email or phone. I applied to a company called KKW Trucking. They contacted me today. They said it will be dry van, 99% drop and hook, in either the Western 11, the state of California or Southern California, Nevada and Arizona, mainly Phoenix, the decision they say is up to me. So that's where it's at right now.

Have you looked into Witte Bros.? Raider Express? Pride Transport? All out your way, all train. I looked up KKW on SaferWeb. Hmmmm... well, just hmm.

Stevo Reno (on here!) Started out with CRST, and worked 2 plus years, and now drives for New Legends, out your way.

Here's his posts: Stevo Reno

Best of luck, either way! Did not Millis, nor CRST, reach out to you, via: Apply For Paid CDL Training?

Oh yeah; just don't lose the 'endorsement' (or get the restriction, should I say) re; manual, on your CDL. Doesn't matter which you drive!

~ Anne ~

Hi, Anne! CRST did contact me and asked if I was interested, but I had read some bad reviews on the web and shied away from them. Maybe I should reconsider. I will look into those other carriers. I had never heard of SaferWeb before, I just checked it out. What about KKW's profile caught your eye to make you go 'hmmmm"?

Howdy again!!!

CRST's only downfall is 'teaming.' Stevo Reno (who's threads I linked) spent 2 years teaming there, and went with a sister (daughter) company (Gardner) for awhile, and is now HAPPY with New Legend(s!)

Another thing about CRST is ... you totally HAVE TO fulfill your contract with them..... nobody else will employ you, without that ...first & foremost. MANY carriers have you sign a 'contract' where you'll work for them until the schooling (and lodging, meals, etc...) is paid back to them, via your employment WITH them. CRST just aggresively pursues it.... if you look in my 'photo gallery' in my profile, you'll see a 'sample' letter.

OTHER than THAT .... look up MillionMiler24 ~ He started with CRST also, and I believe, is still WITH them. He went from homelesness to buying NEW CARS & TRUCKS via CRST!

Here ya go: MillionMiler24's Blog/article(s).

Best wishes, always! Keep on keeping on; apply & ask !

Posted:  1 day, 9 hours ago

Advice On Where To Begin

In your new life, it's useful to learn how to form new friends. Start by exploring your new city and meeting people. In the end, don't forget about the people you grew up with and the people who will miss you. At the same time, keep an open mind and heart for the new souls you'll meet as you move on.

Hi, Coger!

Are you a driver, or an aspiring one?!?!?

Welcome to TT, either way!

Posted:  1 day, 9 hours ago

GYCDL With Roehl Starts Monday

I PASSED !!!! I am now a truck driver!!! Had a little hiccup with the offset, zero pointed the 90 and did pretty.good on the road test. Ultimately I passed!!!

Now on to phase 2 with my driver trainer. That should be end of next week I hope. Money is tight at home and I need to hit on the road asap. But I am gonna be truck driver!!!

I will continue updating as I go along. Thank you everyone for the kind words of encouragement.

Dingo

Way to GOOOOOO!!!!

What an AWESOME DAY, good sir!!! Here's to ya:

0764711001642716485.jpg

Prayin' ya good on the money part; I remember when Tom started out...pennies rolled! You'll get there, you've earned it.

Best wishes, forward; I'll watch for more!!

~ Anne & Tom ~

Posted:  1 day, 9 hours ago

Wilson Logistics training for a new driver

Dang, Tim ! Food looks AMAZING !!!!

However .....

0627799001642716161.jpg This diary is AMAZING;

Hoping you'll continue on....whilst solo, for a bit! Y'all (You & Matt) ROCK, good sir!

Posted:  1 day, 11 hours ago

Wilson Logistics Training: Start Date: 12/13/21. A Librarian Learns Trucking!

I meant to add that, even though the appointment times can be weird, I'm enjoying driving reefer. There's some extra work involved (fueling that reefer too when it's cold is not always welcome), but I find it oddly satisfying to be delivering food. So far, we've delivered onions, meat, pre-packaged dinners, orange juice, etc. In the future I may want to change it up, but I'm digging this now.

...and I'm still digging your DIARY!! (so many are... i'm sure!)

IDK about the photos dealio... worked for 'me' an hour ago... hmmmm ?~?!?~? Later is fine, Mr. Matt.

The hiking aspect is awesome; just totally awesome. Turtle (and Rob D./Chief Brody) used to post a TON about said hikes; even went 'geocaching' as well. (Is that even a thing anymore?!?)

You could always graduate (haha!) to hauling Pickles and Potatoes, with Miss Laura (IDMtnGal) if this gets old, hahaha!

Wishing you the best, always~

Posted:  1 day, 12 hours ago

Knight a good company??

I’m up for the challenge, I’m really focused on making this career work… since I spent so long in the medical field and gained nothing from it 😅

I could be mistaking the user name, but I think it's Doctor Who that's going through or recently went through Old Dominion's training program. Haven't seen him in a while, maybe he'll pop up.

P/D is a tough gig, but it helps being familiar with the area. You just have to be extra vigilant and keep your frustration in check.

Any luck? Any updates, m'lady???

Posted:  1 day, 12 hours ago

Advice On Where To Begin

Here's his posts: Stevo Reno

Posted:  1 day, 12 hours ago

Companies Not Requiring & Requiring the Jab

Can we get a list up?

As of NOW, per MY research . . . none. HOWEVER, Companies that DO cross border (Canadian) crossings . . . might be having issues. I've been trying to get Andhe78 back in here .. to let us know.

If you were to hire on with Hartt (recently acquired by Bison,) YMMV.

~ Anne ~

ps: Big Scott works for CFI (tbka TFI) and they have no mandate; yet they DO border crossings.... as a company. Not 'every' driver, however. Many folks/drivers don't have a TWIC card. Still, NO mandate from the company itself.

Posted:  1 day, 13 hours ago

Truckers report website?

I did a good bit of reading in-between my appointments at the Dr's! Also, we got like 15" over on my side! Was one heck of a challenge having to hand shovel it out the driveway and such with me being unwell and all, thankfully I have good neighbors and I was able to get some help with it!

Thank you all for the replies and knowledge shared!

You're more'n welcome, from me ... always! Did you get your reading done? Hahaha!

How ARE things going for ya, Canaan? How was the snow out your way? We got about 5" here... much of it, drifted. Spent the weekend 'in' thank goodness; Tom being off & all. I got 'sweep' duty . . . lol !

Hope all is well your way; it's been a minute!

~ Anne ~

Canaan; I had our plow (and TOW!) GUY loaded up on Speed Dial, but .. didn't need him! See 'my' shovel marks????? LoL.. with footprints all in'em!

All that exercise is GOOD FOR YOU, Man!

Have you ever checked THESE out?? 'The Road Home' Podcasts

0548148001642702079.jpg

Best wishes always, hun!!

Posted:  1 day, 15 hours ago

I haven't been to a doctor, etc, about it, and they have slowly been getting better from many things i've done after a bunch of personal research, but if they don't go away, or get worse, or are a dealbreaker for trucking, then i certainly will pay the money to go to a professional.

Thanks for responding! :) -Lee

Howdy, Lee !

Do you get enough Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium in your diet? When's the last time you've had a blood work up?

It might be in your best interest to 'have' a DOT physical (Yeah, kinda like jumping the gun) on your own; before hand. Most insurance (private) companies will pay for it, just like my kiddo's "Sports" physical. It's a bit more of a 'workup' and well worth it, even if there IS a small copay.

Wish you well!

~ Anne ~

ps: IMHO, it's NOT a dealbreaker at all, the way you describe it. If it's tolerable until 'treated' (aka: walking after parking, et al ..) I'm not seeing an issue. Above (or other) supplements may indeed, TCO this for you, however.

Posted:  1 day, 15 hours ago

Glad hand problem

Now, I use politics. Blue left, red right. It's crazy, but it works.

Stolen, with proper notice!!!! thank-you-2.gif

Thanks, Banks!

~ Anne ~

ps: Hey Bruce; MLW says howdy!!! (Not MLK, sorry! Didn't know him.....)

Okay, this is very embarrassing for me to relate. But I started this thread and I want to fess up, even though I feel like the biggest dummy in history.

As Bobcat Bob’s dad observed, I had the air lines reversed. I think I had a major senior episode. And as G Town said, the next time this happens I will know exactly what to do. And that will be to check myself into a nursing home. Sorry for the false alarm and thanks for all the advice.

Posted:  1 day, 15 hours ago

Truck Broke Down - After Treatment Problems

You are lucky to get a sensor they are hard to come by still.

So are those StOk Coffee/Espresso shots! I had to buy probably our 'final' box of 100 on Ebay for $30.00 for Tom! None of the Truck Stops in Ohio have them anymore...at ALL.

Soooooooo.... if you see some, save some, hahaha!

Posted:  1 day, 15 hours ago

Truck Broke Down - After Treatment Problems

You are lucky to get a sensor they are hard to come by still.

Funny enough, I had the nox sensor replaced just a month earlier then his time. So I must have been pretty lucky

Now that you have THAT TCO ...

Maybe change your Avatar?? (Even to a Nox sensor?) I had to ask my son wTf.... but still, it looks... um... odd! LoLoL.

Posted:  1 day, 15 hours ago

Prime Job Gap

Travis;

A few more to add to your app list:

Witte Bros. has a really nice training program, as well as Raider Express and Pride Transport.

Dutch Maid Logistics trains here in Ohio, as well, Kerry just went solo this week, via their training program.

Best wishes;

Posted:  2 days, 10 hours ago

Being a trucker in Europe for non-European Trucker?

To the O/P .... Mr. Sertac (like that name!) ... You'd have to get your class E (general USA license) for a year (commonality) before you can pursue your CDL. (Either class A OR B. ..... honestly.)

Personally, I think y'all's B'trains are more fascinating. Why DO you want to come stateside ?!?!?

In the MEANTIME . . . Here's some good reads.. until you get back to the states! Best wishes ...~

~ Anne ~

AND, YOU COULD STILL... (try?) this!

ps: Phil; couldn't YOU share your company info w/ Sertac???