Profile For Anne A. (momcat)

Anne A. (momcat)'s Info

Trucker's Wife's Place, OH

Considering A Career

Anne A. (momcat) On The Web

3 years, 4 months ago

Anne A. (momcat)'s Bio

Trucker's wife, Trucker's life~!

20 years and counting.

God bless, be safe, y'all~!! :)

ps: Sure wish there was a 'Trucker's Wife' status... I'll just be a 'Trucker's Wife' until I get out here w/y'all, when the nest is fully empty ;)

Amery2umom@gmail.com

text 419.seis uno dos. dos nueve cinco dos.

Anne A. (momcat)'s Photo Gallery Group 1 of 6

Posted:  7 hours, 42 minutes ago

Think of anything else

The head of Pittston training helped me pass my exam 5 years ago

WOOOWEEE! Give that man a raise! LOL!

rofl-3.gif confused.gif sorry.gif confused.gif rofl-3.gif

Posted:  9 hours, 25 minutes ago

Need some advice...

Welp....just received an email from CFI pulling my job offer due to the accident being marked as preventable. Back to blanketing out applications to see about getting back behind the wheel somewhere.

Super sorry to hear, Op. Dang.

Have you looked into Dutch Maid Logistics, in Willard? I don't remember where you are in Ohio ... but they gave Marc Lee a 4th chance, after SNI, JBH, and Veriha....unfortunately he had a mishap driving.

Worth a try!

LMK....

~ Anne ~

I'm in Columbus, and no I didn't but just put an app in, thank you.

I've spent the last 4hrs scrolling through Google and putting applications into different companies.

That might work for you. Dutch Maid LOVES Buckeyes...central to their operations.

Wonder if my husband's company would look at you?!?!?

Would you be comfortable w/'regional'/intrastate? Daycab .. bumping docks, drop/hook? How much exp. do you have, again?

Contact info in my bio.. jsyk.

Posted:  9 hours, 45 minutes ago

Need some advice...

Super sorry to hear, Op. Dang.

Worth a try!

LMK....

Posted:  9 hours, 53 minutes ago

How do I get a job in my circumstance?

Hello to all. New member here. I have been reading some threads and it seems like y'all are both knowledgeable and helpful. Anyways, here's my story:

I just got my CDL class A last month. Back in August 2020 before I decided to go to school, I had been driving a box truck (non-CDL obviously) but I was between jobs. I got a call from a staffing service with an offer of employment driving non-CDL. They said all I had to do was pass a urine test and the job was mine. Long story short, I failed the test and didn't get the job. But for some reason I got put on the drug and alcohol clearinghouse. The FMCSA said it was because I had a CDL permit at the time. I got my CDL permit on my own before I started school to get a jump start. I think that if I did not have my permit at the time and only my regular drivers license, then I still wouldn't have got the job, but I wouldn't have been put on the clearinghouse either. So much for trying to get a head start.

It doesn't matter if anyone believes this next part, but the truth is that aside from this one screwup, I have an absolutely clean DMV record. A couple of speeding tickets maybe, but that was over 20 years ago. No DUIs or accidents or anything like that. And I have zero criminal record. Not bragging, but I'm saying it because I think it adds to the understanding of my story. Yes, I alone am responsible for failing the drug test. Anyway, I found an SAP the very next day after I was told by this staffing service that I was put on the clearinghouse. I met with him and he said his opinion was that I made a one-time mistake that he was sure was an isolated incident that was unlikely to be repeated. So he had me attend a few meetings, which I happily did, and he wrote me a letter stating that, in his opinion, I am definitely employable pending a clean drug test with no risk.

So here's my three questions:

1) Is it true that one can be put on the Drug and Alcohol clearinghouse with only a CDL permit and never having worked a CDL job? I mean it happened to me but I want to make sure this is on the level.

2) How is it that a major OTR carrier told me that they would never ever hire me with a drug violation when I'm supposedly off the clearinghouse entirely after 5 years if I stay clean? Is there some way they can find out about me after 5 years?

3) Can anyone provide a list of any known companies that will take a chance and hire someone like me? I searched online and found second chance companies for felonies, but I found no second chance companies for drugs/alcohol.

Sorry for rambling. Thanks in advance for and help/advice.

Howdy, Mad Dog, and welcome to Trucking Truth~!

IMHO, this 'clearinghouse' is "so new" to the whole industry, nobody 'really knows' what direction anyone is heading, or should. Rickipedia would know, but he's on hiatus for awhile from TT ... you could look up prior posts from Rick S. on the subject, however. It seems like companies can NOT take a chance on you, being on that list, legally.

Another thing that you might want to (need to?) look into .. is an SAP (on your own dime, sadly.)

Again, it's all i've got, but .. i'm pretty sure I'm close to correct . . . . sorry!

Posted:  10 hours, 1 minute ago

Need some advice

Update:

So I spoke with some trucking recruiters, and while I probably could find a carrier that would agree to train me, I think I will be in a better position applying after at least a year has passed since the infraction - which as of right now I'm thankful to have a great job so I'm definitely counting those blessings! As an added benefit my job allows me constant contact with professional drivers which have been a major help in advice and support. As I always have, I plan to drive safely, not just to get the job I want but to instill those practices long after I get it out there on the road.

Honestly, even if I had to wait until my record is completely 100% clean, I'm not deterred in any way. Trucking is something I'm passionate about and it is a strong personal goal of mine of which I've committed myself to and I remain committed to long after I'm behind the wheel of a big rig. I have a deep respect for these men and women and it's a dream of mine to count myself amongst them. I plan to continue to study, stay physically fit and acquire my CDL-A permit before applying as I believe that is highly attainable for me.

I just want to thank all of you for not only the warm welcome, but the straightforward advice and I look forward to being a part of this community! Thank you to the truckers out there for all you do and I hope to join you in the seat soon!

Best of luck to you, waiting it out .. good sir! Don't be a stranger; we've got some of the best peeps in here!

Stick around; always welcome!

Posted:  10 hours, 5 minutes ago

Need help!!!!

Not thinking anyone here is driving for Andrus. I know 'of' them.

I'll keep my 'feelers' out;

Best to you!

Posted:  10 hours, 7 minutes ago

Biden suspends new oil and gas drilling permits on federal land

Thoughts?

Posted:  18 hours, 56 minutes ago

Got my first Nos

I thank you Anne and Old School, always nice to have kind words and genuine support. I was expecting a few Nos so its not too surprising, I'm just already beat down before i got here and had a day where I fell backwards. Fortunately I have no plans of heading backwards lol. Besides you've got to get the NOs out of the way before you get to the yes's haha. Thank you for not letting me give up and tbh as desperate as I am to get out on the road and start making money realistically I probably needed a little more time to get my affairs in order before i up and head out on the road, if I'm being honest with myself (which I need to be) lol.

Most welcome, Burch!

Let us know how it goes for you, from here!

Ttys, then...

good-luck.gif good-luck-2.gif good-luck.gif

Posted:  19 hours, 48 minutes ago

Roehl GYCDL and life changes

Week 2

The days are flying by, seems like just a few days ago I met my roommate. This week has been backing, a lot of.it, and driving tight roads and turns. We got scheduled for our test next week and I feel like I still have a ton to learn.

I'm sitting here warming up the truck, waiting to work on my in cab and brake test, and I feel so fortunate to have this opportunity! I'm not a professional driver yet, but I will be!

That's the AWESOME ATTITUDE to have, Dave ~!!! You got this~!!!

Posted:  21 hours, 5 minutes ago

Think of anything else

Original social card actually got a new one because mine was ratty. I have two medium duffles and a back pack. I’m driving up so I can leave what I don’t need or my trainer says in my personal truck. 7-10s of underwear and sock along with jeans tshirts and button downs for orientation. My steel toes, crocs, and sneakers

You sound WELL prepared to me; got a 'shower' bag w/toiletries & maybe shower shoes? You got crocs; that'll work.

Posted:  21 hours, 44 minutes ago

Think of anything else

Hey all leaving for Pittston for psd on Sunday. I have

Cdl/med card with long form 6 months printed pay stubs 6 years w2s and taxes printed (don’t have one w2) Flash drive with 10 years taxes, 3 years paystubs, and w2s Certified birth certificate and SSN card Affidavit from my dr that bp meds are cleared by dot and bp is controlled Affidavit that I was on Percocet in October for injury but healed and no longer taking or prescribed.

Am I missing anything or does anyone recommend adding something to my binder to take.

Binder wise sounds good to 'me' but Prime is very picky; hoping Kearsey will show up to clarify.

Make SURE your SS card is not laminated.

How's the duffle(s) coming?

ps: CONGRATS~!!!

Posted:  1 day, 5 hours ago

Long road to Prime

You know it's bad when nobody wants to pass the Prime truck.

That's a serious indicator of some really bad road conditions! smile.gif

Tom rolled behind TWO on i70 Tuesday.. in Ohio.

SMh.

Posted:  1 day, 6 hours ago

Need some advice

That’s a rough ticket and one most companies don’t want to see, especially being so recent. It definitely won’t hurt to try but honestly, I’d shoot for a good lawyer and try to have it expunged if possible.

I am unable to get it expunged in my state unfortunately. I'm just going to try and hope for the best at this point.

i

Roll with it, then.. can't hurt!

Let us know, for sure.

Have a few other companies in mind if no hits..

Posted:  1 day, 7 hours ago

Need some advice...

Did you pay off the contract with your (former) carrier? That particular carrier has been known to sue other carriers for hiring drivers that are under contract from their schooling.

No, I did not....not yet anyway. It is something I plan on doing though. So, we'll see how it works from there.

Congrats to the nines, on getting on with CFI ~!!

Hoping you'll start a diary, or just keep us up to date right HERE!

good-luck.gif good-luck-2.gif good-luck.gif

Posted:  1 day, 7 hours ago

Need some advice

Thank you for the great information. I will do exactly that and see what I can reel in - for me it's not so much about where I start but having the opportunity to build to where I want to end up, if that makes sense. If I can get in I just want to work hard and be a top notch SAFE driver and master the machine. Thank you again, it looks like I certainly came to the right place.

You're welcome; you've definitely come to the right place!

O/P, Robert B. is right...if you could still get it expunged, it will increase the size of the net you cast.

Let us know!!

Posted:  1 day, 8 hours ago

SPE (Skill Performance Evaluation) Certificate

Cfc ~

I'm pretty sure nobody in that other SPE thread you commented on is still around.

I'm glad to hear you are finally getting that worked out, good sir!

Probably be better to continue your updates and/or questions here. Robert B. is even MORE apt to show up if you need his input~!

Carry on sir; best wishes!

good-luck.gif good-luck-2.gif good-luck.gif

Posted:  1 day, 8 hours ago

CDL Permit Test Requirement

I passed my CLP!! Also got my Tanker endorsement. Missed the D/T by 1 question. And didn’t test for the hazmat , had a headache due to how loud it was at the Testing place.

Now just waiting on final approval from Wilsons Trans once background is completed.

Taking my Permit test tomorrow, along with the requirements, i am going to also test for tankers, doubles/triples, hazmat endorsement.

I’m kind of nervous but i have been studying with the high road program and cdl genie app .

Wishing you luck, m'lady!!

Might as well get all the endorsements you can; it won't hurt!

GOOOOD LUCK, and let us know!!

good-luck.gif good-luck-2.gif good-luck.gif

~ Anne ~

You GO, girl ~!! CONGRATS ~!!!!! Tanker is WAY more important than D's/T's .. anyway. For example, some totes hauled in dry vans and flats will require the tanker endorsement due to the viscosity of the product, depending on the quantity of that item. You'll hear about that formulation, later. YOU DID what NEEDED to be done! Oftentimes, people get their Hazmat at a later date, anyway! Takes time for fingerprints, etc..it's not instant.

YAAAY!! So happy for you!!!!

dancing-dog.gif dancing-dog.gif dancing-dog.gif dancing-dog.gif

Posted:  1 day, 8 hours ago

Need some advice

Have you just tried to 'wing it' and see if anyone bites?!?!?

What do you have to lose, with no prior investment . . . ?!?!? If I were you; I'd just try it. . . and see:

AND utilize some of our other valuable links, for 'learning' this profession; especially Brett's book, here:

Wish you well~!!!

Posted:  1 day, 10 hours ago

Need Advice on Companies, and CDL Training

Howdy, Christian; welcome to Trucking Truth!

Have you seen these links? I'd suggest you start here:

And then, apply for many companies with paid and paid for training, right here:

The above link will submit your application to numerous companies we recommend, and you will have the luxury of chooling what fits YOU, depending on types of freight you'd haul, lanes, and many other choices.

Best of luck; stop back with any questions & comments!

Posted:  1 day, 18 hours ago

Making the jump

Glad you got that sensor fixed; off and running now!

Nice looking ride; I love y'alls equipment, btw....

Be safe, keep us in the loop~!