Profile For Anne A. (G13Momcat)

Anne A. (G13Momcat)'s Info

Trucker's Wife's Place, OH

Considering A Career

Anne A. (G13Momcat) On The Web

3 years, 10 months ago

Anne A. (G13Momcat)'s Bio

Trucker's wife, Trucker's life~!

20 years and counting...^^^^

God bless, be safe, y'all~!! :)

Facebook by request..easy to find!

Amery2umom@gmail.com

ps: That's me and 'Truck Driver Tom' in the avatar. (And yes, that IS the title of a Children's Book!?

Anne A. (G13Momcat)'s Photo Gallery Group 1 of 9

Posted:  20 hours, 4 minutes ago

Photos, oddball things

Business beside my pickup in Iowa. In the business park and this is their company sign.

0800971001627366277.jpg

Private Members Club ..... hmmmmmm~!!

Posted:  21 hours, 12 minutes ago

3 to 4 to 28 Years Later

Well, looks like I'm headed back to Swift on August 9th, they just called.

I've pretty much wrapped things things up around here. It took an arm and a leg to get it all done but, it's done. Well, I only have one thing left to do, working on it now.

I told someone that I would start a thread on backing. Well, I did start writing it one night, but I'm not use to using my laptop and I let my paws hang out all over the place, I hit some hot key or something and back we went to the previous page. I frowned and said, forget it, at least for now.

I'm not sure that I actually have anything to add to the backing, but I think maybe I do and a new thread on backing probably wouldn't kill anyone. lol

This was brought on because of a thread that had been started about someone having trouble backing and also because of my previous experience at my last employer. Lots and lots and lots and lots of backing at that company and in tight places. Well, it was actually brought on for more reasons so, it's been on my mind for awhile.

Anyway, I'm off to Lowe's to pick up supplies I need.

Greg, that's awesome to hear!! Go do Swift proud.

Do a 'backing' post after you get back in the saddle; we ALWAYS can use more backing practice threads!!

Erroll V. used to do about 1 x month.... we miss them!

Best wishes to you; will look forward to a Swift Diary, soon~!!

good-luck.gif good-luck-2.gif good-luck.gif

Posted:  1 day, 10 hours ago

Hopefully the First Step to a Productive and Rewarding Career

Always Blessed; you also!

I'll be waiting . . . :)

Posted:  1 day, 11 hours ago

At-fault accident in personal vehicle grounds for disqualification?

At orientation for Prime today I took the honest route and put on my paper application that I recently (in the past year) had an at-fault accident in my personal vehicle. This is the only accident I've ever had in 12 years of having a license, but it happened when I had my class A. I feel like I might have just screwed myself and I'm really bummed... but I just figured I should be honest- based off things I've heard of recruits being sent home for not being honest about their driving record. Does anybody know what Prime's specific policy regarding similar situations is? Am I going to be sent home?Apologies if the info is already on the site somewhere, but I have yet to find it after much searching.

Dang, Garrett~~!!!!

SOOOO MANY people have reached out to you, with you, and for you. I seriously doubt Prime would have invited you in, had they known this prior. I just hope this doesn't show as a 'termination' now, on your record.

Anyone in the know, guys?

Sheesh..auugh.. Should've stuck with Western; they 'might' have put you through.

Best wishes, AGAIN!

Posted:  1 day, 12 hours ago

Day Zero Werner

Lots of paper today. Got my ID now the van back to the hotel is late.

And the 'hurry up & wait' begins!!

Best to ya,

Posted:  1 day, 13 hours ago

Autonomous trucks outpacing self-driving cars, will come to market sooner

Industry observers are beginning to believe that self-driving big rigs are going to win the race to mass market before self-driving cars do.

Autonomous trucks outpacing self-driving cars, will come to market sooner

Kinda doubt it . . .

Tesla Postpones Semi, . . . Again.

Posted:  1 day, 14 hours ago

Bikes on trucks

Aye comrade, this why its a good thing that true Russian trucking companies have no standards! Heartbeat? You're good to go! White Volvo, no governor, sandals only no shoes - let's goooo!

The word 'comrade' has too many meanings, my friend, so I would be hesitant to address unknown people with it :-) You will laugh, but white Volvo it is - I found a guy, obviously in Chicago, with a small company who is willing to hire me. Not sure about flip-flops though, I don't like them, but my trusted sandals from Israel will definitely work. Governor? I don't know yet, but hope there will be no such thing in my truck. Удачи на дорогах!

How did this thread go from bikes, to Western Express, to Russians in Chicago, to Israeli Sandals?!?!?

Well, here's a suggestion, if it matters:

0555802001627339283.jpg

Posted:  1 day, 14 hours ago

CFI

I didn't know I'd have to have a training certificate even after getting my CDL??

Yeppers. Prettys sure ALL 'reputable' companies require that 160 hour certificate of graduation, from an accredited school.

That could be what hems you up.

I'd reach out to CFI, were I you.

Posted:  1 day, 14 hours ago

CFI

No idea what to do next lol not sure where to start.

Would CFI take you back, now that you have a CDL and you still owe them, anyway?? I'd ask...

I'll tell you what the examiner was extremely intimidating lol.

Most are, intentionally...methinks!

Posted:  1 day, 14 hours ago

Birthday Shout Out!!! IDMtnGal !!!!!!

Laura!!!!

Happy Birthday, m'lady!!!!!

STAY YOU, stay blessed.. I'm super proud to know'ya!!

0547813001627336688.jpg

Posted:  1 day, 15 hours ago

CFI

I'm just a dumb Texan. I do have a child and some grand kids in Ohio though.

O/S, you are the voice of this place. I'm a cheerleader, is all. Brett knows this, LoL!

I'm just still wondering how Kiddo is gonna get on with Millis (or even DML) without that buck'sixty certificate.. Any ideas there?!?

LoL!!! We Buckeyes are often called 'worthless nuts!' ;)

Good excuse to stop by, ya know!!!!!! :) :) :)

Posted:  1 day, 15 hours ago

CFI

Thanks for the help I'm excited that I got it, I'm very sad that I had to pay so much just to barrow the truck 😵 it's not cheap to borrow a truck from Calhoun.

Congrats, Kiddo.

I may not be 'experienced' ... but I still have always supported ya!

ps: Old School, it's a Community College in AL, IIRC.

Posted:  2 days, 11 hours ago

Day Zero Werner

Made it to the hotel and ordered a pizza. Orientation begins tomorrow morning.

Excited for you!!!!

Will be following, for sure, man!

good-luck.gif good-luck-2.gif good-luck.gif

Posted:  2 days, 16 hours ago

Reddaway

Finished up yesterday went to beaver and back to Vegas. Did a meet and swapped triples. Was a long day but a good one. So now I’m off till Tuesday night where I go with another guy to get use to nights. I’ve been signed off already but just have to do this one week in nights then I’m on my own.

Wow, Rhyne !!

Sure is happening quickly, eh?

My guy has always preferred nights; it's kinda tricky planning things on the weekends, but... we're just kinda used to it & no worse for wear. Hope you get your sleep figured out before you go!!

One week, and you are set free, pulling triples?!?!? I just asked Tom.. and he's never done it, either. Dollies & pintle hooks with doubles was fun enough, for him...hahaha!! (You may be our 'firster' up in here, LoL!)

Wish you the best, man! Enjoy your off time~

Posted:  2 days, 16 hours ago

Rookie Solo Adventures of a Knuckle Draggin Primate (Rob D.)

Rob D.,

I really enjoyed your pix via the extension, in the 'Get out of the Truck' thread; thanks! I left a comment~

Gotta ask TWO things (yet I hate gunking up this awesome thread..):

1.) What's up with the 4 watermelons? Easter Egg I can't find, sorry!

2.) Is that a REAL SIGN?!?!? I was born in NY and raised in FL. (No pity needed, I know...LoL!)

Posted:  3 days, 15 hours ago

I passed my road test today!!!

Congrats on your start of the new journey!! Safety 1st lol

GL n be safe

Double DOWN on this, and .. asked and answered, haha!!

C'mon, @Mackerel ... wassup?!?!?

Posted:  3 days, 15 hours ago

Filing my own taxes as a company driver

This is just a thank-you and a plug for diving into the archives of this great forum via the tags. As a "prospective" gathering information to make informed decisions, it's very helpful to have detailed answers like that below (above in full) from Rick about how trucking might affect my taxes and therefore finances. This lets me see what might be possible financially, tells me that I need to maintain a "home" to claim the per-diem deduction (and not go full vagabond, haha), etc. All helpful grist for the planning mill!

Matt

Yes...but you still claim it on your taxes even if the company takes it out. IRS could allow more but still is listed on tax return regardless.

What folks have a difficult time understanding is that there are TWO ISSUES INVOLVED in the "Per Diem Pay Equation".

#1 - Per Diem PAY. This is where a company pays a PORTION OF YOUR CPM PAY as Per Diem. They don't pay MORE than your CPM, and in fact, many companies keep a processing/admin "fee" of .5-1.5 CPM. Which is actually STEALING in my book, since all payroll software calculates this automatically - keeping ANY of your pay for simply checking a box in your payroll profile is STEALING. Especially since THE COMPANY SAVES MONEY by paying you a portion of pay in the form of Per Diem, because they do not pay MATCHING TAX $$ for SS/Medicare for that portion of your check

Per Diem PAY is not FREE MONEY. It is not $$ IN ADDITION TO whatever your CPM rate is. It is UNTAXED PAY. You STILL HAVE TO PAY TAXES ON IT - unless you DEDUCT IT LATER ON YOUR TAX RETURN.

Matt, I agree; I'd used the wealth of information on this forum, LONG BEFORE I signed up for 'me.' I refer this place to EVERYONE, also!

Glad, as a 'part' of TT.. this has helped you..... Rick indeed...the 'answer man!!!' Miss you, Rick S. !!

Posted:  3 days, 16 hours ago

Bikes on trucks

I heard that some drivers mount their bikes on catwalks, but only today had a chance to see it! Looks cool to my eye, especially the matching color :-) Does anybody have this or maybe some different setup?

0578896001627159360.jpg

Nice, Andrey!!

So glad to hear you 'back up in it' for sure!!

Daniel B. SURE DID post something about bikes on trikes (oops, trucks) haha! Way long ago...... I'll let YOU dig for that!

Glad to see you back, and in the A'Seat!

Posted:  3 days, 17 hours ago

CFI

My best friend told me it's way better training over there, he's gonna come pick me up after his load. With the knoloedge I have now I can most certainly pass, wish me luck Scott.

Yep, good luck from me as well. Interesting that Millis is taking you on, considering. Who's paying off CFI, then? This will be an interesting follow, for sure.

Get. It. Right.

Study THIS:

Again, best to ya. DML is in the wings.....but not forever~!

Posted:  3 days, 20 hours ago

Hopefully the First Step to a Productive and Rewarding Career

Sounds really exciting, Gabe!

Things happen QUICK, once you get the ball rolling, eh?

Wishing you the best, and will be following in your journey.

IMHO, Wilson is a great company to go with; especially for taking a furbaby!

Best to ya, keep us posted!