Profile For Anne A. (and sometimes Tom)

Anne A. (and sometimes Tom)'s Info

Anne A. (and sometimes Tom)'s Bio

Trucker's wife, Trucker's life~!

20 years and counting...^^^^

God bless, be safe, y'all~!! :)

Facebook by request..easy to find!

UPDATE on my P/T from today; I'm at 75% MAX .. ROM in my left arm. Didn't want to do flatbed ANYWAY, just wondering if passing the DOT/FEDmed is futile; when I can't even touch the ceiling of a short room w/my left arm, let alone sweep a trailer's roof. IDK yet.

Thank you BRETT and all that have steered me to Athlean X ... look him up on YouTube.

Amery2umom@gmail.com via email; just put TruckingTruth in the subject!

Easy to find on Facebook, for those that still use that media platform.

ps: That's me and 'Truck Driver Tom' in the avatar. (And yes, that IS the title of a Children's Book!) Sadly, I / we didn't write it, or WE wouldn't be driving!

pps: (post, post script! Not an extra U/A!) Tom's available at Fidler311@gmail.com if you want to complain about me, to him!!! << 2 way street, though! He might bounce you back!

Be safe, fellow drivers. Always. {{{{{ Hugs & Love! }}}}}

Anne A. (and sometimes Tom)'s Photo Gallery Group 1 of 22

Posted:  16 hours, 11 minutes ago

The long anticipated ride-a-long began today

I am just now getting ready to leave Commerce City. I must have eaten something yesterday that made me really sick last night and am just now beginning to feel better.

I looked a while ago and Bruce was still showing to be at King Soopers and Big Scott is not far from me either. Neither must want to meet up.

I'm going to get my lunch to go in a few and head down to Guymon OK. Hopefully my load will be ready tonight. But I was told not to expect it until tomorrow morning.

Laura

Awh, m'lady . . . sure hope you feel better, soon! Dang. Maybe you SHOULD hang for a day.

Wonder if BK's kid has him hostage?!?! Just kidding! Finishing yard work/fixing equip w/Tom b4 storms; keep me in the loop!

That dang GPS on here hates me; people are always in the water, on a mountain, or in a cemetery... as you KNOW!

confused.gif rofl-3.gif confused.gif

I try, haha!

Posted:  16 hours, 36 minutes ago

Food Service companies that are no touch?

Hey Everyone, does anyone know any companies that offer, home daily or weekly, refridge trucks, no camera in trucks, no touch and that pays decent? im in the Detroit MI area. Thanks

Hay, Kol ~ welcome to Trucking Truth!

Do you have your CDLA? Sure would be nice if you PUT the Detroit, MI location in your profile, so people don't have to read each thread. You'll get more replies, for sure.

Any reason you are looking for 'food service' specific? There's TONS of opportunities in the Detroit area; YRC has free training with no contract/commitment going on currently. That'd be doubles & LTL, eventually...with generous home time. LTL is usually no touch. You'd need the endorsements before they'd touch you, probably. Might be dock work and P&D first; you'd have to ask. Look up some recent threads by Pacific Pearl; he's got a LOT of great links, re: YRC and then some!

Rob T. is our 'food service' by default .. moderator and driver. He's started out and been successful in the industry for many years; he's got many threads, just don't know about any 'food service/no touch' in the same sentence.

PapaPig has some threads, doing Dollar Stores for Werner, as well.

Here's Rob's links: Rob T.'s Food Service threads, diaries, training, etc.!

Now, if you mean REEFER haulers and NOT food service specifically, there are PLENTY! If you DON'T yet have your CDL, I'd suggest starting here:

Apply For Paid CDL Training. Many will actually PAY you, while in training. Again, this is 'REEFER' (Refrigerated) and NOT Food Service. I'm sorry if I've misunderstood your title.

Best to ya! Stop back, update, and clarify as you can;

~ Anne & Tom ~

Posted:  17 hours, 42 minutes ago

The long anticipated ride-a-long began today

This thread has been AWFUL quiet.

BK, are you okay ?!?!?! Did the grandson drag you into the wiles of an 18 y/o; or did he bring his gaming console?

That could do it~ or Kearsey's dungeon ?!?

Anyone with contact or sighting, PLEASE REPORT to the REST of the wtf-2.gif TT community;

Thanks!

confused.gif sorry.gif confused.gif

Posted:  17 hours, 50 minutes ago

My New Job

I haven't been on here in a bit, as things have been busy. I'd been keeping in touch with a tanker trucking company I'd had my eye on even before I went into trucking. They reached out to me over a month ago and offered to bring me onboard. I gave two+ weeks notice at my other job, finished a week of orientation and training ("tank school"), and then spent a week doing local runs with a trainer. I just finished my first week solo.

I love the culture of this company so far and the additional learning/challenge of operating tankers (both the driving and the pumping/airing off the tanks). They also have an hourly pay structure that kicks in whether you're driving, loading, unloading, getting a washout, etc. That pay structure just sits better with me psychologically.

I'm humbled and glad for the opportunities that have opened up for me since I started trucking. My stress is much less than it was before I made the career change; I love the challenge, adventure, and travel; and I'm already making more money than I did in my previous career, despite 17 years' of experience.

Anyone need 6,000 gallons of kosher-grade canola oil? ;-)

I'm so happy for ya, Matt! You put your year in, and moved on. That's the way to do it; if one so chooses, and/or if/when opportunities arise. It's a whole new ballgame, isn't it? I learned in reverse, myself . . . and I don't mean the gear, LoL! I'm still afraid to back a box; too long, too tall..haha!

I'm looking forward to hearing more, as it becomes available to share with Trucking Truth. It's always awesome to hear from y'all tanker yankers, as we've not had many for quite awhile...poor PJ was the 'sole switchboard.'

Many of our tank guys on here don't stop in much, so .. we've passed the torch!!

I'm with PJ, if you ever end up w/heel of 'something good,' let me know! Then again, Bill has it right....I'm an 'Olive Oil' kinda girl, and I don't mean Popeye's wife.....! We actually put good use to some asphalt heel back in the day, right on our road. (Oops, SHHHH....Anne.)

Matt, this is an EXCITING example of what can open up, after a year of training and driving via company paid/sponsored acquirement of one's CDLA.

Thanks for sharing, stay safe & keep learning. Photos as ya can, please~

~ Anne ~

dancing-dog.gif dancing-dog.gif good-luck.gif dancing-dog.gif dancing-dog.gif

Posted:  18 hours, 10 minutes ago

Baby step #1

I began my trucking career well into my 40s and I have established myself as a runner. As well as my company is able, they keep me running. There are quite a few drivers at my company who are well over 50 and beyond. Many of these guys (and gals) run hard and the company will keep any driver moving who wants to run. Any decent company will have load planners who pay attention to how individual drivers run and plan accordingly. There is a high demand for safe and reliable drivers, so once a driver establishes him/herself as such, that company will work to keep that driver happy.

Just adding another affirmative response to those who have already basically said, "Don't worry about age."

Hey Ryan, thanks for the reply and encouragement. I'm hoping to wind up with one of the 'decent' companies and figure out how to get started running.

Hey again, Jason!

The above posts are so 'spot on.' One of the guys that did NOT reply to this thread (yet) like Grandpa Clark (over in the diaries section) is in a VERY similar situation as yours; I highly suggest you read it. He's joined with the ranks of Maverick. There are many more that went the private route, doing okay!

Also, what Ryan speaks of, re: 'decent' companies, is the fear of the "too good to be true" 1099 gigs. They're popping up a lot lately, but have always existed. Look at Z.M.'s thread, for example. (Put 1099 in the white 'search bar' above, for more.)

Another thing to watch for, re: 'decent' companies, are those that will try to shove leasing down your throat, out 'the gate. I've noticed that more lately, myself as well. It's something we highly frown on here on TT....but it happens. Texas Tim went that route with Wilson, and according to his Facebook page, he's doing alright. Pretty sure Ryan didn't mean anything about the 'name on the door.' At all. We don't care about that here, just the safety and integrity of 'said' company!

That explained, I'd recommend this, too: Apply For Truck Driving JobsAnd grab all the pre hires you can!

Keep us in the loop, and ask as you need! Best to ya;

~ Anne & Tom ~

Posted:  18 hours, 36 minutes ago

Dump truck log

Hey everyone 👋. So I just moved to British Columbia from Toronto on Monday basically on a whim but with a job lined up so I figured I’d give an update/ start a personal log? So any whooo. I landed Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning I was driving a 94’ Mack dump truck 18 speed. My cousin delivered 3-4 loads of dirt and gravel then I just hopped behind the wheel and drove her. It’s just how I learn lol. I just go for it and figure it out as I go. I’ve only driven an automatic semi but have driven a manual vw golf for 6 years so the basic concept of shifting is not that new to me. It’s more of learning at what rpm to shift. Btw I’m floating gears not double clutching lol. I’m loving this truck. What is probably the most difficult/different part of this new job is going from big city driving to rural mountain driving with lots of hills curves and sharp corners. I am enjoying my cousin complaining about 3-5 cars ahead that he considers “traffic/rush hour” lol 😂. I’m loving BC vs Ontario in every way 👌. I’m getting the hang of driving a dump truck just need to get a bit better at down shifting and learn to split gears but so far so good👍. My cousin wants to get a tractor with a dump trailer to haul coal so hopefully he can get it soon so i can get back behind an semi. But for now a dump truck will do. Btw I love this old Mack truck. Ya it has qwerks it has character 😍

0519254001660380004.jpg

That's totally AWESOME, Richard!! Love it ~ and the 18sp Mack...added bonus! You and G'Town have been making this aspiring trucker jealous, haha! PJ always HAS, lol.

I've NEVER personally driven an 18 myself, either. PJ's 'explained' it to me, and I've watched Tom do it a time or 100, and still... don't get it, really. I'm thinking the gist of what it all is, is that you have to JUST DO IT, as you are!

How far of a move was that for you, anyway? Is it true, your prior company had some 'perilous' situations going on? Do they speak more French in BC, and do you know any?

Hey, that ole' Mack is cool as heck, to me. Multiple experience opportunities are more for the resume, for sure. Share more photos, as you are able, please. Thanks for the update!

dancing-dog.gif good-luck.gif dancing-dog.gif

Posted:  18 hours, 56 minutes ago

Chuck Norris Jokes You've Heard

Chuck Norris drinks his coffee black. Without water. Seriously.

So does Mr. Bean… instant.

LoL !! That reminds me of those 'Betel Nuts.' I've chewed a coffee bean myself...."ONCE."

I finally found Chuck Norris' ELD, however:

0197135001660420710.jpg

Love these, actually !! Tom found a few more ...'less appropriate' ones.... I'll table those for now, haha!

Posted:  19 hours, 25 minutes ago

Mclane training

I just started and have to do driver trainee position I have my Cdl already I’m just wondering if anyone went though the training and how long before you get regular pay? They said I would need to be in the yard backing trailers but they sent me straight out on loads so I’m just trying to find out if anyone else went through this and what is was like for you working and training in food service?

Howdy, Anthony T. .. and welcome to Trucking Truth!

If you go back a page from here, and click on Search 'Comments by Members,' there's a treasure trove of information by our moderator, Rob T., who started out in the food service industry as well.

Rob T.'s comments and threads!

Here's a link, for now...and many pages to scroll. Until he stops in to reply to you directly, this should suffice.^^^

Best to ya; let us know how it goes!

Posted:  19 hours, 36 minutes ago

Just a funny trucking picture to brighten your day

These sure are good here lately, you guys!

Richard F., that would've scared the bejeezus out of me! LoL.... I've got one on my PV of a Pitbull face looking like it's breaking thru the glass, no pic of it tho...sorry~

Keep on, y'all.. Laughing is medicine!

Posted:  1 day, 11 hours ago

Baby step #1

Passed the written permit exams today!!! Got to give credit and thanks to the online training found here. Been working on it all week and tested today. Anybody who hasn't tested yet... read up and do all the practice test questions on this site. You'll be fine.

49 yrs old and finally getting started into driving. Been talking about it for years. Needed a kick out the door from my previous career, and a nudge of encouragement from the Mrs. Start the driving training in a week and been working on pre-hire applications and interviews. Excited and anxious to see what 'next' is gonna look like.

Thanks to all the posts I've been reading up on... especially about the Dollar Store accounts. Of course those jobs are going to catch the interest of a noob. Think I'm gonna go a safer route and see about making it 20 years or so...

Which I guess leads me to a question I haven't thought too much about or seen an answer to yet... is there an age where companies start cutting drivers back on miles or just moving them out completely? Just curious.

Congrats on the written/CDLP, Jason! Welcome to Trucking Truth, too!

We are in the 'upper club' at my house, as well; and ditto what the above professionals have stated. Heck, still in your 40's, you're a youngster, haha! Yes, the HRTP is the best; glad it got you where you needed to be.

Have you decided what's next? Here's something to think of: Apply For Paid CDL Training.

You could also prepare for the 'next step' .. here:

Stick around, and ask away. Honestly, the cutoff age at many companies, is BELOW 25. That's not a joke! I would 'guesstimate' the mean age in the mid 40's, personally.

Best to you, going forward;

~ Anne & Tom ~

Posted:  1 day, 11 hours ago

HO Wolding will be Bison USA

I really hope you guys get to hang onto the blue trucks, love seeing them at paper places we go to. That awful turd brown has to be depressing.

The good news is, we're not getting the "Gold" trucks that Bison runs in Canada. Bad news, we're getting white trucks so unfortunately, the blue will be going away in the coming years, They're just now getting rid of the last of the old-style Cascadias from 2017 and early 2018 so I think we'll be seeing the blue trucks for at least the next 3 to 4 years

Howdy, Connor!

Welcome to Trucking Truth, and PLEASE, tell us more! LoL .... Do you drive OTR for Wolding? What are your common lanes? Do you do cross border accounts? We really haven't heard much since this was posted quite some time ago.

Thanks for joining, keep us in the loop!!

~ Anne & Tom ~

Posted:  1 day, 11 hours ago

Road test tomorrow

The inevitable delay was a gift in disguise, good sir.

0366183001660359699.jpg

Cherish that CDL like gold. It kinda is!

Posted:  1 day, 12 hours ago

Words of encouragement for backing struggles

If any of you follow my videos. You would have seen my student Maria who got her CDL in December and upgraded to her own truck around March. She was terrified to go solo

Yesterday she sent me a pic of a difficult backing maneuver she did on the first try. In just a few months she has gained so much confidence.

Currently I have a woman in team training who had no backing with her previous team trainer. I was her CDL instructor so I agreed to take her teaming to finish her miles. Today she did a very hard back and got so excited when she did it all alone.

One of the greatest privileges of training is to see the excitement on ones face when the backing clicks!

You can do it too!

I remember Maria, awwhhh! Say hi, from me .. and KUDOS! Great job, Kearsey. The excitement AND the tears, Yes .. you, Cassie ! LoLoL ....

I'm surprised you didn't scare her off at Boston Market!!! You've come a LONG WAY, .... Rainy!

Proud of you, gal. And of course, all YOUR gals! NaeNae, you're a force, your OWN self, too~!

Keep on keeping on !

dancing-dog.gif ~ Anne ~ dancing-dog.gif

ps: Good, on your answer to the PackRat also. ;) ~

Posted:  2 days ago

Road test tomorrow

Hi all have my road test tomorrow was supposed to take it on 8/5 it got cancelled due to weather anyone have any pointers for me. Doing orchard park,Ny site at 10:45am

Best wishes, William D. ,

Maybe the cancellation was a blessing in disguise ?!?

Found this for you!! It's "Been Verified" also!

Brett's Blog on Passing the CDL Road Test. With examples.

Read through this... ^^^^ TOTALLY full of information! Me, personally?!?!? Sing the following song in your head, before you climb in WITH your 3 points of contact, for sure.... (YES, they'll watch for that, also...mount & dismount.)

Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign. . . .

Yep, showing my (our) age . . . but when Tom was teaching / training me ... I'd ALWAYS sing the first few bars of it, in my head. (And yeah, sometimes they'd get stuck on repeat, haha!)

Best wishes, man. Besides the above blog, there are links to (and in the Wiki on here...) SO many more! The above is plenty, though. You want it, you'll get it. Rest up, read as you can.

~ Anne & Tom ~

good-luck.gif good-luck-2.gif good-luck.gif

You're welcome, and GOOD LUCK!

good-luck.gif good-luck-2.gif good-luck.gif

Posted:  2 days, 11 hours ago

Road test tomorrow

Best wishes, William D. ,

Maybe the cancellation was a blessing in disguise ?!?

Found this for you!! It's "Been Verified" also!

Brett's Blog on Passing the CDL Road Test. With examples.

Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign. . . .

~ Anne & Tom ~

good-luck.gif good-luck-2.gif good-luck.gif

Posted:  2 days, 16 hours ago

Does anyone work for Werner on the Family Dollar account in Las Vegas?

I applied straight out of private truck driving school. Did a interview and drive test. Took about 2 months then was hired on. Trained me for about 3 weeks 4 top then sent me on my way. It’s been treating me good. We r merging right now so think we r gonna be hiring soon.

My predicament is that I can't be gone from my house longer than 2-3 weeks, so I'd like to have a trainer that works in Las Vegas so I can take my off time at my house. If my trainer lives in Salt Lake City, for example, I'd have to take my time off there and I don't know how I could get to Las Vegas then back to Salt Lake City in time...

Brian;

Now that we've clarified all the 'indecencies' of trucking; have you ever considered LTL??

We had a real huge success story from a guy on here not too long ago (Where IS he, y'all?) named Rhino, that got on with USF/Reddaway, in a training program, right there by you!!!

If you weren't so snarky, I'd post the link.

Okay fine, I'll be the 'nicer' person; here ya go: ~Rhino's comment history on Trucking Truth~

Take a look see; it worked for him!

~ Anne ~

Really happy to see you stop BACK, man! I've heard about the YRC dealio in the works; wonder if you have any 'inside' info? Pacific Pearl has posted a BUNCH, at least YRC specific..re: training. Anything to add?

Change is always 'fun' .. in one way or another. GLAD TO HEAR ALL IS GOOD, tho! Yes, you WERE missed; toldya.

dancing-dog.gif thank-you-2.gif dancing-dog.gif

Posted:  3 days ago

NEW TRUCK

I made it to Seattle with a single pup and now got a set but when I got there and dropped the trailer off I got word from a fleet manager that if I prefer I could switch to one of there Mack pinnacle but it's a day cab. Well I am going to let you guess what I decided to do........ Stay with the Freightliner Cascadia sleeper or switch to Mack pinnacle daycab...... Title is the hint

Yaya!

Enjoy the ride !!!!

dancing-dog.gif good-luck.gif dancing-dog.gif

Posted:  3 days, 11 hours ago

The time has come...

Thank you all for the good advice and the birthday wishes! As far as "Plan B's", I do have a few lined up just in case things don't work out with CFI (Prime and Schneider being a few of them). This has been a decision I've been pondering for a few years now, and I'm just really excited to finally... FINALLY take the leap and start my career.

Told you he'd show up, Josh! Still, for plan B .. those you mentioned and then some are available here!

Truck Driver's Career Guide

Keep us in the loop, and ask away...anytime.

~ Anne & Tom ~

Posted:  3 days, 16 hours ago

My horrible experience with Schneider training center in Phoenix AZ, read before you apply

FWIW (for what it's worth, to those not in the know....)

Our own Vicki (I miss her!) dm'd me the post from this 'poser' ... elsewhere.

He is .. YAMIA over there, same avi .... wow! I kinda feel bad for the guy. Oh well! We were a lot nicer than THOSE guys!

~ Anne ~

ps: Another 'grandiose' name chosen, also.

Posted:  3 days, 16 hours ago

Keim CDL Training "BREAKER BREAKER" Experience

I'll be following, Josh!

Even though I found them first, haha! Please tell Casey (female Recruiting Mgr.) that Brett & Anne said hi & that you're a member here!

good-luck.gif good-luck-2.gif good-luck.gif