Profile For Anne A. (G13MomCat)

Anne A. (G13MomCat)'s Info

Anne A. (G13MomCat)'s Bio

I've been a trucker's wife for the last 20 years; hubby's been driving for almost 30. I got my CDL the 'non' conventional way, being his B'seat driver, for an Owner Op.... now finding out this limits my abilities to move on, should I choose to. We pulled asphalt (6122 and 3257) which is hot, but non'hazmat. Winters, he used to haul precast concrete, but the flatbed world isn't his life, nor forte', nor mine! Kudos to y'all that do it.. He's been pulling 'boxes' in boxes in a daycab for the last 3 winters and then some....and I get 'left behind'. Guess I've gotta start over, eh? :) At least I can drive better in reverse, haha! (Wasn't that a song? Going forward, in reverse!) Nope, never got the buck sixty paper. Dang it.

Can't get that as my avi...idk what I'm doing wrong. Oh well. Brett, if you see this; it's our 'vintage' PB.

Posted:  2 days, 1 hour ago

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

YAAAAAAAYYYY~!!! (Leave it to the female to come through, hahahaha!) J/K, LW. AWESOME and gorgeous; both of y'all. Just got home from my daughter's graduation; needed a cheery smile or two after the tears.

KUDOS~!!! LOVE IT~!!thank-you.gifthank-you.gif

Posted:  3 days, 6 hours ago

SpriMo Bound for Prime Orientation... Anyone Else?

C'mon, y'all... esp. YOU, Rainy.. puhlleeezzzzeeee PIX ?!? Some of us still live vicariously thru y'all .. ya know?~!? ;) Enjoy, and thank you, ma'am.

Posted:  5 days, 12 hours ago

Foot cramps

Have you tried magnesium supplements? Not sure of the increments/mg/dosage anymore; but I took it religiously for my cramps/charlie horses etc back when my kids were young.

Pretty sure somebody posted about it here somewhere.. maybe @marc lee ?

look into it....google it. It sure helped ME back in the day.

Drive safe, feel better.

Posted:  5 days, 13 hours ago

Latest Load

Neek, she is GORGEOUS...... looks a lot like OUR puppers, Spike'a'roo.

All these puppers y'all are posting...awesome. Gorgeous. I'm a dog lover as well; whole family is. We have a few cats as well.

For those of you that lost your soul mates, I'm so sorry. We lost our 'rottie years ago.... and finally got a pittie.

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

We bare all!

LoL, Army! I haven't been there in over 20 years. I used to haul boat propellers and underwater shafting from Bradenton, Florida ... pretty much all around the state. General Propeller and Miami Propeller. Spent nights in a Hotel/Motel in Merritt Island. 3 on the tree Chevy with a 28 foot flatbed. Trucking was 'fun' at 21, haha!

Patrick, thank you. Yes, I know where that is also. Man, things have changed. Titusville used to be the home of nude beaches (if you consider the swamps beach material, haha!) << Never been there, btw. Or have I?

Look up old pix, Army. Thank gawd there were no cellphones back then, but the one mounted on my dash.. (2 way, etc...LoL!)

Gawsh I'm old.

Patrick, hope things get better for ya.

Donna, POST PIX, haha!!

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

We bare all!

I grew up in Florida, but I'm not recalling this place. Could it possibly be in Titusville? (No pun intended, btw.. name of a town on 75 where nudity is acceptable.)

Rick S ... ??

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Longgggg hours

Rob T. ....... so sorry for your losses, yet KUDOS on the pay. I love to read your writings, btw. I miss the old diary; was one of the best. Thanks for all you do.

A trucker's wife, Anne

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Here's what cooked brakes look like

NeeklODN, I actually DO have FB, and I clicked on that link but nada. It must be from a closed group that I'm not a member of. Thanks for trying, tho! (It tells me I don't have permission to view, or something like that.)

Be safe, guys 'n' gals :)

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Tone Deaf?

Quote doesn't work well for me.... and Brett's forum doesn't like 'weird' characters that I try to include, but BIRD they do the 'booth' at my next appointment with the EXPENSIVE doctor (Tractor Man haha.)

Rick S .... you might know because I can't find it..... can I appeal the DOT physical within 30 days? I'll probably have to re do everything for the CDL but I won't do that until I need it, anyway.

Yep, the EENT (eyes ears nose throat) haha .... will do the booth. I did that after my accident in 98 ... but wasn't CDL 'ing back then.

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Tone Deaf?

Yep, failed the DOT physical..Forced whisper in LEFT ear.... fail. She would NOT do the right ear. She put a tuning fork on the left side (which I didn't realize I'm actually DEAF in.) Fail.

I'm going to an EENT or whatever it's called next month. I am deaf / tone deaf or just DEAF in my left ear. I did NOT know that. I do now.

Thanks for all the replies, y'all.

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

Tone Deaf?

Some of y'all know i drove in my hubby's shadow (and thank ya for that...) How am i DQ'd for being extremely tone deaf? I'm not trying to be Billy Joel and have Kevin Spacey scream the harmonica.... which my hubby can play. I'm EXTREMELY tone deaf. HOW? G'town, OS, Brett too busy.. anyone????

Just really?

I'll listen to all yall's feed back as i cry my face off.

PHOENIX???

Posted:  4 weeks, 1 day ago

Turtle’ new venture

I know, it's 'almost'six am..... no coffee for ten'ish minutes... but ... isn't this Patrick? I dunno what/why or how Turtle factors in, Bruce..

Posted:  1 month ago

Surgery Tomorrow. (Positive thoughts and prayers appreciated).

Hugs, prayers, and positivity from Ohio, Marc.

Posted:  1 month ago

Truck drivers may soon see "phantoms" driving yard trucks

Love to see Rick S around.

just my two cents..the HOSTLER at my hubby's company makes 30 bux an hour.. and most of the drivers do not utilize his skills. Went there with husband this mornin.... omigosh.

He moved 13 THIRTEEN trailers and i don't even know why. These guys earn their stripes. Good Lord. I'd LOVE to do that, but..yep, nope.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

BSM et al....

160 hour certificate is easy. Especially if you have experience. Have you kept your CDL and Med card current? Many Companies will pay you while you train. If You really want to drive again, it will take 8-12 weeks of your life. Get on it!

smile.gif

Sure have.. everyone I've spoken to (or that's answered me, LoL) said it means nothing, being stale. Almost cancelled my CDL and went back to a general E license to just start over.

Haven't driven in FIVE years. Nothing counts anymore, ya know. I DO want it. Somebody's gotta take care of the kiddo until January ... all the more stale I am. Will have to re'do everything. I don't even WANT to pull tanks...all i've learned how to do.

He says 'if' I get this, he will stay home and tco the homefront (haha..he has no clue how many loads of laundry one does..) .. I really might just jump off the deep end. Swift is on my top list. CFI. Prime and their affiliates would never have me with my random employment, tbh.

Thank you.. Yeah. Sooner, than later.

ps: He's like 'why don't we go do H/H somewhere? (DUDE i'm so green, i'm moldy.. nice thought, haha!)

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

BSM et al....

Thanks, all. I've got to start at the bottom; my CDL without a buck sixty means nothing. I've kept 'current' but people say I'm 'stale' ... and I agree, in more ways than one. My 15 y/o son has 'learning issues' so I still can't just leave him.. yet.

That coveted certificate... I'm rusty.

I'd probably go with 'starting over' personally..

@Big Scott .. I had chatter with CFI a while back, about the fast 'er' track. I still have to wait for my son to turn 16 or my 18 y/o daughter to come home.

I love y'all. I read everything. Starting over...sheesh. Maybe I'll have a leg up, or just be 'rusty' like the ole' FarmAll in the yard .. that we 'swear' to restore, and .. yeah.

Thanks.

Appreciate.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

BSM et al....

Yes, I became a member of their 'group' about 5 years ago, when I pulled 'phalt with the hubby. No, I don't drive anymore, don't have the buck sixty and his current company won't grandfather me in. He doesn't fb.. he had no clue. Thought I was following a 'trend' .... yeah, no.

Neither here nor there; we are NOT O/O's.. i just signed on to their fb page for s's and g's and... apparently it is defunct. Archives only. Just a bit of curiosity gives way...

'This Group Has Been Archived An admin archived this group on April 18, 2019. You can't create posts, like, comment or add more members, but you can still view all posts. Learn more'

Epic fail...

We are NOT o/o's.. never have, never will. My curiosity got the best of me, and when we were pulling asphalt (team) 5 years ago, I pretty much answered truthfully..kinda sorta sugar coated.. just to see.

I don't post much, don't talk much.. I'm the redheaded stepchild (yeah, literally) that fell thru the cracks. My license is worthless without the buck sixty certificate. I didn't need it teaming asphalt with him.. he's moved on, and I cannot, but to start all over.

Best I do, is when he brings the rig home, he lets me 'untangle' it from our driveway. Sometimes the Int'l ten, sometimes the Mack Auto. All my skills are failing me, tbh... the auto is easier.

Just wanted to share.

They bailed. BSDM ... oh wait.. that isn't what i mean.. sheesh.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Trucking 1975 - 1985 Eye / Ear Candy. Enjoy!

Nice find, Marc~!!! Thanks!

ps: IIRC take the 's' out of the https/ when you post a video. Try it once.

Thanks for the cool find!

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

I40

Kudos to YOU, driver. I love reading about stories like this. Highway Heroes. My husband's done this a time or two, as well.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Trucking Songs You Can Listen to NOW!

Eli, Rainy is gonna put you in the DOUBLE DUTY DUNGEON, methinks, LoL!

(On a side note; I'm not sure if it will work here, but in my health forum, when we post videos, we have to remove the 's' from the https before posting... y'all can try!!! )

ps: John Prine is good trucking music for the hubby and me ! :)

Be safe, drivers.... Anne