Profile For Anne A. (momcat)

Anne A. (momcat)'s Info

Trucker's Wife's Place, OH

Considering A Career

Anne A. (momcat) On The Web

3 years, 6 months ago

Anne A. (momcat)'s Bio

Trucker's wife, Trucker's life~!

20 years and counting.

God bless, be safe, y'all~!! :)

ps: Sure wish there was a 'Trucker's Wife' status... I'll just be a 'Trucker's Wife' until I get out here w/y'all, when the nest is fully empty ;)

Amery2umom@gmail.com

text 419.seis uno dos. dos nueve cinco dos.

Anne A. (momcat)'s Photo Gallery Group 1 of 7

Posted:  1 hour, 53 minutes ago

Wilson Logistics - Missoula MT

WooooHOOOOO~!!!

Finally, m'lady!! Congrats~!!

I'll be following, as well . . . here & elsewhere! Yay!!!

good-luck.gif good-luck-2.gif good-luck.gif

Posted:  1 day, 2 hours ago

On Board with Knight Transportation, Squire School started 03/22/21

Davy,

I'm still following, as well! (FWIW...) :)

Sounds like you are doing amazingly well; how quickly you've progressed! I can relate to that 'tired' but not 'too' tired statement; it's hard to sleep with that good ole' adrenaline still carrying on within.

Quick question: Did you have any 'motion sickness' issues with the simulator(s?) This is a subject that always piques my antlers; just asking for my own lil' fears. . . I don't get carsick OR seasick, so .... ?!?!?

Thanks for all your updates; and keep on keeping on, man. Love the 'Top Gun' phrase; seems apropos!

thank-you-2.gif good-luck.gif good-luck.gif thank-you-2.gif

Posted:  1 day, 2 hours ago

Moe's May Trucking Journal

I kinda figured this would (finally!) all fall into place for ya, Moe~!!

Congrats, man. For sure, for sure.

dancing-dog.gif good-luck.gif dancing-dog.gif

Posted:  1 day, 17 hours ago

Does being a school grad increase chances of being hired?

Not ALL companies are this 'strict.' (Yet, they deserve to be!) A YEAR of driving will BARELY a driver, make ya! What's ONE and done, if you choose, with ANY said company ?!?!?

Interesting letter. That reminds me of the show biz phrase, "you'll never work in this town again." Is there any sort of buy-out provision in the contract?

I've 'heard' there is, to the tune of $7.5 K ... no joke!

Posted:  2 days ago

Moe's May Trucking Journal

It's TOMORROW !!

...as we all chomp on the bit~!!!

Equine or not . . . it happens!

AND ?!?!

Always in my best wishes, you.

confused.gif good-luck.gif confused.gif

Posted:  2 days ago

Other people’s doubts

Clare, I've been the 'other half' (aka; trucker's wife) for 20 plus years!

Yep, the person at HOME does make sacrifices... indeed. He'll be FINE! I've JB welded, PB blasted, WD40'd, and caulked and siliconed and duck taped SO many things w/the kids thru the years..it worked! With you?!?! >>> and HE'S THE GUY PERSON, that CAN fix it!

Our SON is graduating (early bcz of homeschooling) and turns 18 in 2022. I've ALREADY GOT a ride along set up, and a company I've chosen to train with. On. My. Own.

Tell him to switch to boxers, perhaps ?!?!?!? Steve Harvey's advice.. LoL!

Best wishes, m'lady!

The resident 'trucker's wife/trucker's life' with a bit'o'experience!

Posted:  2 days, 13 hours ago

Could you get sent home if ?

I'm excited FOR YOU .. as well! Anytime, HMU.. the seasoned hands on here have (and will always!) give you the best ...always & forward.

Thanks Anne

I'm very excited what this new stage of my life brings 🤗

I am headed to Pittston on 4/19 (rental pickup late Saturday, drive in from Eastern NC) and am TERRIFIED of "something going wrong" and getting sent home.

This has gone way fast, and super easy once I got my application in. I actually called Derek my recruiter a smidge freaked out about it. He informed me that Prime is already over a grand into students before they even set foot at training. They don't want to get someone all the way there, and send them home. I'm just waiting for that shoe to drop.

Good luck!

Naomi, girl~!! I try to reply to you here, there, everywhere! LoL... PLEASE if you so see fit (and YOU TOO, EPHRAIM!) ... CREATE a diary (or 2 or 10!) so we can see, follow, and inspire . . . . your progress.

Best wishes; going forward!!!

good-luck.gif good-luck-2.gif good-luck.gif

Posted:  2 days, 14 hours ago

Does being a school grad increase chances of being hired?

Garrett,

I'll still side with Errol and G'Town. Always. I've just got a 'few' pennies to add! I doubt ANYTHING the other apps have can out'do ours, here.

The PTI above, can't be beat. Brett still gets asked for the 'rights' to publish this, on other training sites!

CRST, ah.. the magic. You spoke to a NICE, HONEST recruiter. The reason he/she is telling you this..is that CRST has THE HARDEST contract to get OUT OF in the industry!! (You got a fortune cookie, at best. Honesty doesn't always prevail in this industry, sadly w/recruiters.)

How far ARE you into school??!?!?! Can you cash out, and do what we'd advised you to, already? Apply For Paid CDL Training Heck, tell << these peeps that you've completed a partial, and see what they might be able to DO, deal wise. Prime has a different program for folks coming in with their CDL.. Kearsey has posted that info.. I'll let you search, tho. Sorry.

Here's the CRST contract:

0194992001618202420.jpg

Again, I offer the same: Here's an exemplar of how 'personally paid school' might short you; and force your hand to go the FULL MONTY with company choice, anyway.

Shadow's Experience thus far....

Again, E and G .. not stepping on toes; not intended... I just am in 'prep mode' for my OWN trucking future, and blessed to have KNOWN y'all for almost 4 years... so I shall be prepared!

Posted:  3 days, 13 hours ago

6 months in..

Haya, tripletdad! How are the kiddos? How are YOU?!?!?

Pics nonwithstanding; <<< I sent you the 'how to!' LoL..... ANY UPDATES ON THE CAREER ?!?!? (It sure helps the new people that come to the forum, and 'follow' someone, per se ... to find a 'follow through;' as you know!!!)

Hope all is well, fellow Buckeye!

~ Anne ~

ps: Took ya 5 plus years to achieve this GOAL!!! (AND not the G.O.A.L. kind; but okay, that also!)

Posted:  3 days, 13 hours ago

Facebook page

Hi everyone, it's true I have been absent for a while. So let me catch everyone up to date.

In April of 2019 I was in Texas when I hurt myself while swapping trailers at Prime's drop yard in Dallas. As it turns out, I herniated several discs in my lower back. So I was out until I was released back to work in July.

Since I was a lease driver for Prime, I was required to give up my lease because of circumstances I will not discuss here.

So I pulled containers out of the ports here for my buddy Steve Marshall (some folks may remember him here on the forum) until I was offered another deal that paid way better.

In September I was offered a job hauling blocks of marble from Colorado to Houston TX guaranteed a minimum of $1500/week. So here I go to Colorado driving an 18 speed KW T660 in the mountains to Houston.

Now keep in mind I had been driving an automated transmissions for Prime the last two years and had never driven an 18 speed, so what a learning curve that was initially. So in doing so, I managed to hurt my right shoulder (as it turns out I ended up getting 2 surgeries and 3 rounds of physical therapy 2 to fix my shoulder).

So now I'm out for the most part until November 2020. In the mean time I got my passenger and school bus certifications and was driving school bus for Chesapeake public school until everything was shut down because of Covid19.

Since the public schools here in VA was so undecided about when or if to open back in September, i and my wife were offered jobs driving bus for a private school the end of August since they needed 2 drivers for their fleet of 8 busses. So that's what I have been doing.

What a ride it's been, but I'm still driving and kicking. So all is good for the time being.

How are the busses going, Ernie? Covid affected, perhaps?? Our schools went all REMOTE in the country here in Ohio.

Miss your wit and wisdom!!!!

Posted:  3 days, 14 hours ago

Starting My New Career With Prime Inc.

Saturday April 10th, 6pm

We got to a truck stop here about 15 miles from where this load is getting delivered. But we've now realized we can't deliver until Monday morning after 7.. so we've got some time to kill at the stop here.

Really wish all the inside seating/dining wasn't closed because of this virus.. this sleeper really is small when you've got 2 people in it and nowhere else to go for over 36 hours.

Varies by state, I guess. I get tired of MY other 1/2 in a 400 sq.ft. ROOM, on the weekends; I hear ya.

Hang in, man. At least you've got a decent trainer; a lot of 'hullabaloo' noise (here and on Y/T!) about the trainer subject lately!

(ps: yes, we read ya!)

Posted:  3 days, 15 hours ago

Does being a school grad increase chances of being hired?

I am currently attending a private truck driving school and have $2500 of $3500 in tuition left to pay. For that same amount I could get about 15 hours of one-on-one training through a truck/trailer rental/cdl training company and get my CDL a month or so earlier than if I finish at the school. I have air brakes, parallel parking, alley dock, pre-trip inspection & road test left to learn. I'm going to a good school but about half my time there is spent waiting my turn and their trucks aren't in good condition.

I have a wet & reckless from 2014 and a DUI from 2015 on my driving record although both have been expunged from my criminal record. I understand my record may significantly lower my chances of being hired, so at this point the only good reason I can see in completing school is to get the certificate. Given my driving record, would having proof that I completed a truck driving course improve my chances of getting hired at all?

^^^^^^^ Indeed, Errol ~!! Garrett; take STOCK and HEED in what Errol V says.. he IS a TRAINER!!!! (LOOK him UP here.)

On another note; if it'd help you to learn via verisimilitude (as it does ME,) read THIS: Shadow Trucker's journey thus far:

Your record(s) from 2014 might exclude a FEW training companies, but would INCLUDE a few MANY... in our group! How's your work history? Prime is picky about that.. others,not so much!

Seriously, I'd BAIL, pay the 1K now, or finance thru a local credit union, and GO THIS ROUTE:

Paid CDL Training Programs

~ Anne ~

ps: Here's our 'welcome / starter kit' ... if ya come back to our amazing website/forum. This will help you figure out if trucking IS, in fact, FOR YOU!

(again, just me!)

Posted:  3 days, 21 hours ago

Could you get sent home if ?

I don't have a good work history. I'm talking 4 months within 3 years. I basically have been raising my nephews. I applied to Steven's and Prime, Steven's never called me, but Prime did the very next day. I've heard people say Prime is strict on having a good work history so I was surprised to get accepted, I even told the recruiter that. He said it's because I'm relatively young (24), he said if I was 50 it would have been a problem lol. He just had to get the manager to confirm the decision.

He updated me a day later saying the Manger agreed, and he also got my work history verified.

So my question is, could I get to orientation, do the interview, and they decide at that moment, they do not want to take me on board because of my work history? Pretty much disagreeing with the recruiter all together?

Ephraim;

In my few years on the forum, and keeping up with Kearsey / Rainy, Rob D.'s, & Turtle's Prime postings, it's not 'their M.O.' to bring people clear to orientation, which is costly for them; only to send them home.

Experienced hands will probably reply shortly, however! :)

Best of luck; that's awesome, man.

Posted:  3 days, 21 hours ago

Drug test/feel horrible.

Update- Everything went fine as you guys suggested. Got my Permit in the meantime and now I am waiting for a orientation date. Thanks to all.

Congrats, man!!!

Posted:  3 days, 21 hours ago

New truck day

GORGEOUS!!

Awesome, man. Congrats on the upgrade, and getting back in the saddle, too! Man, that must've been a 'heart in the tummy' kinda feel, when he asked you for the Pete keys; OMG!!!

~ Anne ~

ps: Disclaimer . . . y'all KNOW i'm partial to 'Hoods, hahahaha!

Posted:  3 days, 21 hours ago

Best trucking company out there

Best fleet to drive for

Did you know that companies pay for those rankings?

I don’t see where they pay a fee for the ranking listed in the report. Best Fleets to Drive For Evaluation

I can tell you, Garner in Findlay, Ohio is LEGIT. Been to their terminal a few times; we used to pump off asphalt right across the street. They've got plaques for numerous years, on that list. Hella great company, too!

Posted:  4 days, 15 hours ago

Postcards from the Road! (Post Yours Please!)

Not far from the Pilot in Nashville Tennessee. Off of tn155 Briley Parkway in west Nashville.

0174301001618008658.jpg

0151893001618008693.jpg

0808841001618008714.jpg

That’s really cool!

Super cool, whether or not a holograph, or hologram!! (It comes with ONIONS on my computer... so, somebody take THAT part back, please!)

~ Annie ~

Posted:  4 days, 16 hours ago

Second attempt

Congratulations!

Hopefully you are able to get in on Monday with OD!

Hope so boss. They said to call Monday to talk to ops manager to set up interview. Hopefully I’ll b a lucky one lol

Congratulations!

Hopefully you are able to get in on Monday with OD!

Kudos, RYNE !!!

Posted:  4 days, 22 hours ago

Second attempt

Hey everyone I passed!!! I finally did it! So stoked right now!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!

dancing-dog.gif smile.gif dancing-dog.gif smile.gif dancing-dog.gif

Posted:  5 days, 10 hours ago

ESOP plan. Can anyone share info about how they work ? TMC drivers ?

Hey I am researching sponsored CDL programs. leaning towards Maverick -VS- TMC.

I seen TMC offers an ESOP plan. Can anyone provide details on how this works ?

Can I buy into it, similar to buying into a 401k ? is ESOP \ stock purchase common and how is done in the trucking industry.

This seems to give TMC a slight edge, yet I've seen some photos of what TMC drivers have to tarp. A lot of large, uniquely shaped, machinery.

Hayden; here are a few threads, regarding TMC . . . perhaps start here? Calling them is your next best option, besides researching their own website.

TMC transportation threads