Profile For PJ

PJ's Info

Elberton, GA

Experienced Driver

PJ On The Web

6 years, 3 months ago

PJ's Bio

Retired police officer from Ca. Relocated to Ga. I was looking for a second career that will give me some new experiences in life. I have 4 amazing daughters and 7 grandkids. A lot of my friends were truck drivers and loved the job, except being away from the family. I figured I would give it a shot and see what happens. I have learned alot about myself, the industry and life in general. I love my new career. My email is pat.jerrold@gmail.com

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Goofball Passed Away Today...Trucking with Pets

So sorry to hear Rainey!! Our prayers are with you

Posted:  1 month ago

Training with Veriha updates...

Oh man I am so sorry to hear this news. I know how hard you have worked toward this goal. I like Brett’s idea. If you can find a warehouse job as a lot jockey it would give you great experience backing. Stay in touch my friend

Posted:  1 month ago

My Railroad crossing violation - DISMISSED!

Very nice job Rob!!!!

Posted:  1 month ago

Upgrade

Congrats!!! Now it is time to get to work

Posted:  1 month ago

My Railroad crossing violation - DISMISSED!

Congrats Rob I believe justice has been served.

Posted:  1 month ago

Training with Veriha updates...

Stay focused and the rest will fall in place!!!!

Posted:  1 month ago

Guyz.. Go Answer the Ladies link plz

I started trying to address her post. Hopefully she will get back with more specific information

Posted:  1 month ago

New to trucking

I can understand your frustration being brand new solo. Take a deep breath. First off if your solo your trainer has no more bearing on your situation. First week only making 8 dollars, did you take any cash advances. Even with a horrible cpm you should make more than that. Did you have any other expenses deducted???

Pay is based on the miles you turn each week.

It sounds like you are being routed by the qualcom. Is that suggested or is it mandatory routing. Either way it is up too you during your trip planning to look at the route and weather reports this time of year. Also every state has road conditions. Usually it is 511. Why were roads closed? was it weather related, accident related, or closed for construction???

DM’s can have alot going on at any given time. Phone calls can only be handled one at a time. Send messages to your DM on the qualcom. They can juggle messages while on the phone with someone, espically if it is a minor issue. You only know your end, not what your DM has going on.

You are at a very frustrating part of your career. When you start to feel frustrated slow down breath deep and regroup your thoughts. As long as you don’t hit anything the rest can be dealt with fairly easy.

If you post more specific information by situation we may be able to help you with more specific advise.

Posted:  1 month ago

Vent & Brag...

Yes sir I am. Thank you I think we have a solid plan, so now to just work the plan.

Posted:  1 month ago

Vent & Brag...

Thanks Turtle/G. We are both very excited to move forward with this plan. Been in the works a few months and has all come together.

Posted:  1 month ago

Vent & Brag...

I go into cali only to visit my kids/grandkids. I agree the drivers generally leave alot to be desired. Too many folks and not enough real estate. Even with all of the folks leaving.

I generally do not post much on what I am doing since it has nothing to do with helping new drivers, but I will share this. I have hired a driver. She has completed orientation and 2 weeks of initial tanker training at our East St louis training center. She received very high marks and will be hitting the road with me monday morning. I have worked out a deal too work in the south for the most part. This will give me alot of flexibility to still keep the truck busy making money and have time off for either of us. And she isn’t random, she is my significant other. We are both very excited for this opportunity.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Celadon Bankruptcy Imminent

Yesterday Dave Nemo covered some aspects to this. He explained part of the US Attorney’s report. This is far different from other companies going out of business. This one is fully due to crimes committed by the upper mangement to line their own pockets at the expense of the company and employee’s. This company did not go under from lack of work or simple poor management. This was criminal acts committed by the top leaders. They focused on 3 former exec’s, but there is probably more to the story.

In any case it is a very sad day for 4000 employee’s due to the greed of a very few.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Post A Picture Of Your Significant Other Here’s Mine

Very special lady in my life

0659256001575985636.jpg0120625001575985697.jpg

Both are wonderful ladies!!

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Question about application reply time

Dave you are in for a real treat. G will give you the up close and personal grand tour. That is an opportunity very very few get coming into this industry. Enjoy it.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Being A Company Driver

Donna you are exactly right in your thinking. You have done very well.

These companies that push leasing to new drivers make me upset. Because they already know the points you made. However they will make their leasing program look so wonderful.

My girlfriend went to a large carrier last year. She was in a class of about 25 brand new drivers. The leasing folks came into orientation and gave a 4 hour presentation on how great the program was. She and I were just acquanited then. She was excited after hearing the presentation. I asked her several questions and she sent me a copy of the contract. I spent about an hour showing her how the numbers would actually work out and she saw quickly it wasn’t such a good deal. Several of her classmates went lease and done horribly.

Thank you for sharing your observations

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Owner-Operator advice

Chad your welcome. We all try to help folks if we can. Kind of like extended family around here. The core principle is too help new drivers and folks thinking about getting into the industry.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Celadon Bankruptcy Imminent

I was afraid of something like that may have happened. It is very sad. These stories are one of the issues that scares new drivers coming into the business. It paints a very bad picture. I feel for all the drivers that did nothing wrong getting screwed. This was not a small company by any means. I actually passed a celadon truck on I16 between macon and savannah ga yesterday.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Celadon Bankruptcy Imminent

I understand OS, but the leasing company owns the trucks, of which celadon is only a minor partner. They lease trucks to alot of companies. Those leasing should be able to move the truck to another of those companies as long as the driver qualifies to work for them. What the leasees should be concerned with is if Celadon kept paying the leasing company the money that was payroll deducted.

In the end it will be very stressful for those involved.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Celadon Bankruptcy Imminent

Lease ops may come out okay. Celadon started a leasing company many years ago (Quality Companies) as a third party leasing agent. When they went through their problems 4 years ago they sold off the majority of the leasing company. I forget the name of the buyer, it was a holding company in New Jersey. Any escrow accounts should be held by Quality Companies not Celadon.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Owner-Operator advice

The accounting software through letstruck.com is a monthly subscription. I pay 23.00 a month. All the info is stored on their secure server. They were running a deal awhile back if you download the free trial for 30 days and actually subscripe during the 30 days it was 19.00 a month. It is very user friendly and they have an awesome customer support.