Profile For Don

Don's Info

Wooster, OH

Rookie Solo Driver

Don On The Web

1 year, 3 months ago

Don's Bio

Rookie solo day cab driver

If you would like to contact me, my mail to use is dongoho624@outlook.com

Posted:  1 week ago

Post trip inspection

I pre-trip and log my tractor for 10-15 minutes at our home base. Then, I bobtail to our droplot, hook up and pre-trip the trailer for at least 10 minutes. When I return to the home base at the end of the day, I post-trip (and log) the tractor for a minimum of 10 minutes. If anyone wants to make a suggestion, please do so.

Posted:  1 week ago

Energy drinks

Argh! I wish I would use the quote feature correctly!!

Posted:  1 week ago

Energy drinks

That is because caffeine and hot fluids can work as an irritant or stimulant.

Yeah except coffee gives me the 💩

Posted:  1 week ago

Energy drinks

I never have liked those "energy drinks", even working nights as a nurse. They may give you a boost, but I found they made me too "jittery". Many of those drinks contain sugar along with the caffeine. I have difficulty enough trying to keep my waist from expanding. Thankfully, I work day shift and have a consistant sleep cycle, so my body stays in a normal rhythm. I do love my early am cup of plain coffee, though. Always have. Drinking plently of fluids so I do not dehydrate helps me also.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

I passed!!

Congratulations!

dancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gif

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Is 50 too old to start with pro-driver career?

Last year, I started last school at the age of 56. If you are physically and mentally fit to perform the duties involved, then you will be good to go.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Some Guys Don't Know How to Treat a Woman

I recently saw this picture captioned with "He stopped loving her today."

rofl-2.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-3.gif

rofl-1.gifrofl-1.gif

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Some Guys Don't Know How to Treat a Woman

There she is! I was so heartbroken when I lost her. When I first saw her she took my breath away....

rofl-2.gifthank-you.gif

Now that right there is a nominee for comment of the year! Guess what the grand prize is?

0419419001557524721.jpg

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Some Guys Don't Know How to Treat a Woman

Well, you obviously also took her air away.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Some Guys Don't Know How to Treat a Woman

No, I was cautious and wore rubber gloves.

Don, I hope you didn't contaminate the crime scene.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Some Guys Don't Know How to Treat a Woman

Come on guys, show your ladies more respect.

0989156001557506983.jpg

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

What Should I Expect To Learn From My Trainer? article by Old School

I was very fortunate to have a very good trainer. He lacked experience as a trainer, but not as a OTR driver. I appreciated the fact that he had a very friendly, calm "down home" demeanor. He never got visibly upset or ranted. He was always paying attention and never-and I do mean never-missed the slightest error I made. He would ask me if I "knew what I just did (incorrectly) there", and then would teach me. When I thought he wasn't paying attention?......WRONG!.....Like I said, he did not miss a thing. Wherever you are today in that CFI wagon, thanks again Mike.

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Getting a CDL with 2 minor accidents

If I understand your replies correctly, you have had two accidents and two speeding tickets within the last 18 months? I would be surprised if a company will hire you at this time, but with the perception of dire need for drivers, I also wouldn't be surprised a company did give an offer. Doesn't hurt to start applying to multiple companies to find out.

How recent were the two accidents?

Both last year, somehow the second accident ended up on my insurance record but I wasn't driving my dad was but the lady that filed the claim took both our license and submitted mine. Can I get a attorney to get this removed or should i call my insurance company and talk to them about it? Before these two accidents(very avoidable ones, I know) I hadn't had a accident before these in 4-5 years. I also obtained my driving record I have the speeding ticket from 12-13-17 and one from 12-17-18 both 10 MPH over the speed limit( not reckless driving) .

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Backing Problem With AutoShift Trans

My experience in the Kenworth I drove at CFI was the same as this Mack I drive now.

I have found no leeching or any other issues when backing in the Mack Pinnacle's with auto trans. For myself, it is about the throttle control and brake use "single foot two-step".

Sounds great. Unfortunately with certain year/model trucks it's impossible to control. You try to feather it and press ever so gradually down on the accelerator. For a couple seconds it is: nothing...nothing...nothing, and then VROOM!

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Made mistake will it cost me my future plans!

No matter the circumstances involved in your situation, you will no doubt soon find that there isn't much "sympathy" in the trucking or law enforcement worlds. If I understand correctly, you wete cited for driving a tractor-trailer without a CDL. To law enforcement, and I would assume,prospective trucking companies, that is the bottom line. Call multiple companies and get some feedback from them regarding their thoughts/policies about your particular situation and their recommendations. Call your state (or federal) agencies and get their opinions also. I am not certain, but a training school/program will/may not accept you with your current record. Even if they did, why spend your money for school if you not cannot obtain employment with any company?

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Backing Problem With AutoShift Trans

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Let me nitpick for a second

Brilliant and eye-opening discourse!

Posted:  1 month ago

I190 west through Buffalo tip through construction

I went through that toll gate today. I stayed on 1-90 and did not need to take exit 219, so I am confused by your recommendation.

Posted:  1 month ago

Log violation.

Like G-town, I pretrip the tractor for 15 minutes, then drive to our drop lot. I pre-trip the trailer and note such in the comments.

Posted:  1 month ago

I freaked!

Donna, both I g gives you more of a sense of pride when you successfully back into a dock that seems impossible. Those situations that seem impossible now will get easier with time and experience.