Comments By Don

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0786699001601988838-78090.jpg avatar
  • Don
  • Comments:

Posted:  4 months ago

Tip for Surviving the Training Miles

I won't offer any tips per se, but only to highlight your third tip. To a trainee, I will say if you want to get along with the trainer and make the best out of the training period, you will be wise to follow this third tip. If not, your training period could be difficult. Respect those drivers who are willing to train you, and show respect for their home on the road as you are a guest.

3) Lastly, I seek to stay humble and open. I set aside the fact that I ran the show at my old job... now I'm the guest, the rookie, the trainee. I listen to what I'm told, seek to learn even a nuance even if it's something he's told me before, and I seek to show consideration and respect (cleaning up, taking out the trash, etc.).

Posted:  4 months ago

Trailer glad hand snapped off.

Well, this is a first. Have never had a trailer gladhand snap off. Anyone else have this occur to them?

0713018001642809535.jpg

0675088001642809568.jpg

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

No driver's license during driver shortage = workable?

I would be extremely surprised if yiur State of residence would allow you to apply for a CDL permit if you have never been licensed for, nor driven any type of passenger vehicle. Driving a 70 foot Semi-tractor and trailer combo with 80,000lbs is an entirely different animal, than driving a car, truck or van. None, that you have any experience in doing.

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Took one for the team!!

States his "brother stole his phone and posted those crazy stories"; yet. now that he has his phone back and posted, sounds just like his ******* brother did in previous posts.

I want this squashed. Remember the Woody Harrelson movie "Kingpin"? "Dont Monson this, or you got Monsoned? Etc I will end this with "Why KERRY me? Or "Dont Kerry the next guy!

Have a blessed day. "I shouted out who killed the Kennedies after all it was you and me"!!

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Took one for the team!!

"My attorney hasn't noticed them yet." LMFAO! The only bats are those in your belfry.

Not digging a hole. He posted aerial view. I explained. Yea wish it would die. And I wish the bats would quick circling. My attorney hasnt noticed them yet. We are in bat country.

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Took one for the team!!

WE "judgemental" drivers are judging you based off your post. You don't want to be "judged", then don't act the fool. The roads don't need any more of them behind the wheel of a Semi-tractor.

My apologies G-town. No mission! Not lying though. I am an animated individual w a long history of antics. This was truly not to ruffle feathers. I will refrain from such posts. Just stop the beatings please.

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Rolling Road Blocks and Covert Highway Harassment

I hear ya, Dude. I wish them damn one-eyed Aliens would know how to drive, and stop impeding us with their Space ships! I have loads to deliver!

I know I'm not the only driver out there experiencing this. And those of you not experiencing this may have a hard time believing is true. And then there's those of you that could possibly be participating in this. It is something happening worldwide and hundreds of thousands of people are experiencing it. I'm just trying to bring this to light so that those good true honest kind caring and real drivers just human beings in general. If you see traffic behaving strangely towards another driver on the road take note. Observe particular patterns and when possible try to assist the other driver without putting anyone in danger. There is a wicked evil cult out there trying to destroy people. And their main objective is to destroy people and ruin their careers. Their second goal is for you to be unemployed so you become homeless. So if you consider yourself to be a kind compassionate caring Human being. Don't just read this and move on make it a point to observe And bring awareness to this unspeakable crime taking place. And as always you never know what someone's going through so be kind to others. God bless you all and safe travels. Thank you for reading.

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Took one for the team!!

He "Took on for the Team." That team must play in the National Drama Queens League.

What team?

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Took one for the team!!

Lol. Rolling my eyes on this one. Did the driver making the delivery ask you to help him, or did you just imagine you would jump out and appoint yourself as Traffic Cop? If this comical incident is indeed true, then all you accomplished was creating a volatile situation. Rather than trying to prove you were the next Starsky & Hutch by jumping on the so-called assaulter's car, maybe you should have got his license number instead and reported the assault? "Heck with that!" you say, because watching all those Superhero movies got you thinking you be The Wolverine.

So earlier this evening I had to run to local Food Lion to get some things for work. Very very tight parking lot. Food Lion delivery driver was having difficulties getting out. I stopped my vehicle and as I was jumping out to help him some dips$$& laid on the horn. I just yelled a few choice words proceeded to the front of the truck to direct driver etc Next thing I know, " Smack" the side of my head. It was the dude who laid on the horn. When I turned to confront him he bolted. I rode the parking lot on his hood. I would prob be in jail if I hadnt bailed when he slowed down. He took off like a bat out of h3$$. Or dead if I had held on. I was heckled by many w exception to the truck driver. Oh well

Posted:  5 months ago

What would you do?

The bonus was nice. Merry Christmas to you and Tom.

Does Tom deliver to HEINZ routinely? If so, tell Tom, I feel for the poor guy.

No 5 hours of pay if Tom just comes home, Banks. That's a plus for you!

The 5 hours Banks is referring to is the time spent waiting before making the decision to go home. Thats what would happen where I'm at.

Ah, gotcha! I guess Tom would get 'detention' pay . . aka $75.00 LoL.

Funny thing? This exactly happened tonight. Heinz not ready, took a Willard. Early off, I guess I should be 'happy!' No detention at the end of the day, ie: no time for the Heinz/Fremont without exceeding HOS.

That's nice d/time y'all get. FAB is only straight $75 at the 'office.' SMH.

~ Anne ~

Yes, he sure does. Almost once a day! I passed the sympathy on. LoL. He LOVES the smokestacks!!!!! (NOT!) Hasn't had a Campbell's in a while; he said he figured YOU were getting 'em all lately, haha!

He gets a Madison 'once in a while;' He had 'fun' with the new dock guy there, last week, haha~! He snagged the last empty there, sorry! I do hope you get that full 5.5 pay, would be a nice Xmas present! That bonus was nice, too!

They've also had him bring empties to Wooster a few times, to go to D&S's or y'alls I/P. Getting a lot of Pepperidge/Willard, or Shears/Brewster, and a few Chewy/Vandalia.

Merry Christmas, Don! Enjoy the long weekend, we will!

Merry Christmas to ALL Y'ALL, from usn's!

~ Anne & Tom ~

Posted:  5 months ago

What would you do?

Does Tom deliver to HEINZ routinely? If so, tell Tom, I feel for the poor guy.

No 5 hours of pay if Tom just comes home, Banks. That's a plus for you!

Ah, gotcha! I guess Tom would get 'detention' pay . . aka $75.00 LoL.

That's nice d/time y'all get. FAB is only straight $75 at the 'office.' SMH.

~ Anne ~

Posted:  5 months ago

What would you do?

Yep, I just LOOOOVVEE Campbell's. Just about as much as some of the other IP's I deliver to that cannot get their sh** together to get me unloaded, or have an empty ready. I seem to always have issues with International Paper locations. Even Wooster cannot get their act together to have our first loads ready when we come in in the morning. IP Madison is the absolute worst, though. Always an issue with those clowns. Just Monday, after dropping my trailer and no empty to take back to Wooster, I had to wait 5.5 hours to get a different trailer unloaded. IP Wooster would not let me deadhead back. Thankfully, because of IP Madison's BS, I am (supposedly) getting detention the entire time I waited. We will see.

Basing my answer on company policy.

I'm not going. FedEx says we can't be sent out if we're not going to make it back the same day (unless that's what the bid is). Things happen, but they try to avoid layovers.

I'll take something shorter if it's available or just go home and take the 5 hours of pay.

Same exactly with Tom at FAB. If he's supposed to take a Napoleon/Campbell's (That Don so loves!) that's not even ready when he GETS to Mt. Vernon from our home, we know it's at LEAST a six hour turn, IF drop & hook.

If his clock has already run over 4 hours in, just waiting, it's a nope. This often happens when he has a first 'short' run, becaue Campbell's isn't ready yet. He'll take a Willard/Pepperidge Farms, even Fremont/Smuckers (still kinda long but always d/h) but refuses the Campbell's.

No 5 hours of pay if Tom just comes home, Banks. That's a plus for you!

~ Anne ~

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Feeling a little discouraged after my first experience on road

"Canadian Peso's" is a slang term Canadian's use for the Canadian Dollar's value against the USD.

And to weed out embellished, bs stories such as this one. “Canadian pesos” gave me a good laugh though.

Riccardo replied:

Thanks for the replies good to know the situation isn't what people normally go through.

You couldn’t figure that out on your own?

Why are you here Riccardo? The mindshare on this forum know you made this up. It’s BS.

But what if he's not?

"To empathize, encourage, inspire..."

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Feeling a little discouraged after my first experience on road

Actually, "Canadian Peso's" is a slang term Canadians use for the Canadian Dollar.

"Canadian pesos"?

Did Todd make a jump over the border?

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Safe wind speed

Are you referring to this past Saturday? I was in NE Ohio, and the wind was really bad. I was returning to Wooster on 75South and 30East with an empty dry van and had to stop twice because the winds.

Is there such thing as a safe wind speed? I know, that flipping a dry van is a complex multi-factor event, but still, measuring in mph? Today I was driving east on US-30 in Indiana and Ohio, there was a wind warning, and I could feel it even with a 43,000 lbs load... The wind ripped the flag at a rest area, it was probably 30-40 mph...

0281420001639274827.jpg

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Paper Transport Inc: Hair Follicle Test (a few questions)

"What I am wondering is why you would try to hire on with a company and do the hair follicle test knowing that you will fail the test? Did you think that you would get by not having to give hair for hair follicle by shaving your head?"

I thought the same thing. Why go to school and then try to get a job knowing you are either going to fail a drug screen, or you think you will be the exception and somehow buck the system? For years, I have read posts from people who used drugs recently before paying for school or applying to a company with paid training, who are then surprised when they are declined employment. It is like. "What! I just did a little weed! Why shouldn't I be able to get a job driving a semi-tractor trailer!" Trying to buck the system is futile.

I am in a CDL score for which I paid myself. Paper Transport looks like a great company. They scheduled me for a urinalysis and hair follicle test.

I know I'll pass the urinalysis, no problem. As for hair follicle: my hair is too short on my head, so they took leg hair. That will likely show marijuana, as it would definitely have been in my system up until the beginning of September (probably the 3rd of September).

My questions:

* Does anyone have experience with PTI to tell me: will that be an automatic "no"?

* Do the results of hair follicle tests go on your record these days? In other words, will I now be screwed forever?

Thanks in advance.

Hair follicle test is not a DOT recognized drug test, so it will not be reported as a failed drug test. You will be sent home. It will show up on your DAC that you went to orientation with a company and were sent home. You will have difficulty being hired by another company. You will be expected to explain why you got sent home. Just about every company you apply with will turn you down.

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Starting over

Did you say "no city deliveries"? Do Tom and I work for the same Fab Express? 😄

I've been out of trucking since 2005,my license has recently been renewed, but I'm having a problem of where to begin to get my experience regained, I would like to drive for a LTL carrier or Reefer carrier, what's the pay like today, can I get enough money to pay a mortgage or a car note in this industry today?

Howdy !!

I'm not sure 'where' you are in IL . . . being '20 yrs' in Ohio myself. Bobcat Bob drives for Old Dominion somewhere in IL, however! He will show up, hopefully . . . to clarify. In the meantime, you can look him up by that; his user name.

My guy drives for FAB Express in Joliet/Lemont vicinity . . . no city deliveries, but a Mack Pinnacle with a 53' dry van; boxes literally! International Paper is their main account. Sorry, no reefers...(why IS that your choice?)

You're literally in a great area to pick back up, good sir ! Best wishes;

~ Anne ~

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Company said I failed a hair test but I didn’t

I too, wonder why someone would do a self-test for drugs before applying to another company, unless they had used a prohibited drug and were pre-screening themselves before applying elsewhere. Most people who do so are wanting to screen themselves to ensure they are clean before taking a company test, no matter the industry. Unfortunately, your self-tests were inaccurate, and you thought you were clean. It bit you in the butt hard, and you really screwed the pooch with your driving career. You can try every company you can think of, from National to local yard dog. There's a 10% chance that someone may give you another chance, but it only takes one. Good luck.

Posted:  6 months ago

Stay out of democrat cities

Oh, man. My quoting is all messed up.

Wrong again! Grosskreutz has a Felony record. Get your facts right before you defend your statements. I mean, seriously!

"Huber had spent time in prison twice, first for violating probation after strangling his brother and again for kicking his sister, the Post reported. Hardly a hardened criminal"

Yeah, I guess trying to kill your brother by strangulation is just a misunderstanding, and doesn't meet yourvdefinition of a "hardened criminal." Defending Rosanbaum's Pedophilia because he "was Bipolar"? I know people who are Bipolar, and they don't go around ana**y ra**ng little boys. Typical Democrat with their justifications for Pedophilia, Murder, attempted murder.

If you’re referring to the Kyle Rittenhouse fiasco, you really should educate yourself. 1. He didn’t cross state lines with a firearm 2. He didn’t kill black people. He defended himself against 3 white convicted felons. One was a chomo (absolutely no loss there) and the other two had a long list of violent crimes associated with them.

Thank you for pointing this out. I only saw a portion of the video & it was dark. No I didn't get my info from bias media. I assumed and made an ass of myself on the race part. But what about the rest of what I said?

I just read an NPR piece on the people he shot.

Rosenbaum suffered from bipolar disorder. "The paper reported that Rosenbaum said he was molested by a stepfather and had spent most of his adult life in prison starting at age 18 for sexual conduct with five preteen boys." Didn't know what chomo meant but looked it up.

Huber had spent time in prison twice, first for violating probation after strangling his brother and again for kicking his sister, the Post reported. Hardly a hardened criminal.

Grosskreutz, along with Huber, was one of several people who chased Rittenhouse after he shot and killed Rosenbaum. Prosecutors have said that the group believed that Rittenhouse was an active shooter. No criminal record but did have a gun.

Rittenhouse as a minor is allowed to carry an AR15? Whether across Stateline or not? Honestly, I don't follow gun regs as yall do. I don't own guns & don't need to. Even growing up in a gang ridden neighborhood. 1st rule of having a gun in the street. If you whip it out, you better use it. Was never willing to kill anyone.

Posted:  6 months ago

Stay out of democrat cities

I just read an NPR piece on the people he shot.