Comments By Kim T.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0426737001537974352-79244.jpg avatar
  • Kim T.
  • 1 year, 7 months ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  1 year ago

Congrats to Donna & Kim!!!!

Thank you everyone! This has definitely been a roller coaster ride and I’m looking forward to the next step. 😀

Posted:  1 year ago

Congrats to Donna & Kim!!!!

Thank you so much for everything, Rainy! From your encouraging words to your great advice to your listening ear and shoulder to cry on (at times). I am so glad you had dinner with us tonight, I had a great time. The other women in on our “girls’ night” think you are awesome and I have to agree. Good luck with your new student and please be safe out there.

Congrats to Donna on your upgrade! We did it! shocked.png

Thank you, Grumpy!

Prime CDL Training

Welcome DrumMum! I’m glad you enjoyed my story with all of the ups and downs. Walking away from a job/career that you’ve known so well to go into the unknown is very scary and intimidating. The people of this forum have soothed my fears, encouraged me, and laughed at/with me through the entire process. It’s great to have that support system both at home, online, at school, and on the road. One piece of advice that I was given that has been extremely helpful was, once you decide to do this, gather phone numbers of other drivers, even students, that you can call with questions once you go solo. Those numbers are a great resource to have.

As for not being able to reach your recruiter, it probably is because of the holidays. Keep trying.

Good luck on your new adventures!

To all the ladies

Happy Thanksgiving, Donna!

Prime CDL Training

Thank you, David! I’m going to be hugging them so much they’ll make me sleep in my truck. lol

Be safe and have a happy thanksgiving.

Thanks G-Town! 😁

Thank you, Old School!

PacMan, I was sweating bullets! LOL You would think a pull through would be easy but there are a lot of variables that can change that quickly. Thanks!

Thank you, Ernie! I’ve got your number! 😁

Prime CDL Training

Thank you, Turtle! I’m so excited but sooooo very nervous.

Thank you, Grumpy! smile.gif

Prime CDL Training

I’ve reached my miles!!! Now to get routed back to Springfield so that I can upgrade and get my truck!! After all of that I just want to go home for a few days and regroup.

After three months of hard work, missing my kids, very good and very bad days, this is really happening.

shocked.png

Thanks Splitter!

A pull through spot should be easy, correct? Not when it’s me doing it. Ha! Last night we were in a very packed Petro and I spotted a pull through so I line up for it and head it. However, I didn’t set up correctly and the trailer was heading straight for the next guy’s mirror. The guy isn’t in his truck so he can’t help. A flat bed was in the spot on the other side of me and it was pretty close. I’m pretty wedged in there, my tractor is about 3 inches from the flatbed and the trailer is about 1/2 inch from the other truck’s mirror. I’m getting nervous. My trainer is getting nervous. She said we need the rear of the trailer to swing around. So, I cut the wheel all the way to the right and crept forward as slow as I could. Lo and behold the trailer was at the perfect pivot point and swung perfectly!! I slid in the rest of the way with very little room to spare. Whew!!

Once I was parked I just sat there with my head on the steering wheel for a while. LOL

The lesson I learned there was that I will always make sure I have enough room to swing wide enough to get into a pull through.

Posted:  1 year, 1 month ago

Prime CDL Training

Ernie, I do hope our paths cross out on the road. I really enjoyed meeting you at Campus.

Thanks Grumpy!

Posted:  1 year, 1 month ago

Upgrading

Thank you Ernie, Michael, and Mike. I am definitely planning on cooking on my truck, it’s cheaper and healthier. I wouldn’t have thought of a brush on the step either. Great idea!

Michael, good luck on your upgrade.

Posted:  1 year, 1 month ago

Thanks Turtle! I hope you get to enjoy your Thanksgiving too b

Posted:  1 year, 1 month ago

Prime CDL Training

Hi guys! I just wanted to update a little while I’m sitting here in the Blue Beacon in AZ. After I deliver this load I will have a little over 25,000 of my 30,000 training miles. I am going home for Thanksgiving and will be upgrading to my own truck soon after returning from hometime. Wooooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!! When I first started training it seemed like 30,000 miles would take forever but it’s here. It’s happening. I’m excited and scared to death to be on my own but I think I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.

So, until my next update...take care and be safe out there, the driver you are passing may be me. rofl-2.gif

Posted:  1 year, 1 month ago

Upgrading

Since I will be upgrading to my own truck very soon I would like to revisit a question I asked months ago before I started CDL training (and I was told I was being silly for asking and that I was putting the horse before the cart (I guess the commenter didn’t know my determination and drive 😁)).

My question is this: what do you wish you had on your very first truck that you didn’t have? Anything and everything you can think of. I will be going home for Thanksgiving and can hit some good sales while I’m there.

Thanks and be safe!

Posted:  1 year, 1 month ago

Home time

Good luck Ernie! We will be thinking of you.

Posted:  1 year, 1 month ago

Wash out

Seriously?! I was just in Salinas! Too bad we couldn’t have met up.

Posted:  1 year, 1 month ago

School date set for November 12th.

One week from today you can change your status to “in CDL school.” 😁

The very best of luck to you Grumpy but I know you are going to rock this!