Profile For Scratch2win

Scratch2win's Info

Rookie Team Driver

2 years, 9 months ago

Scratch2win's Bio

Red blooded American alfa male. Have been a rider of this crazy train called life for 30 some odd years. adventure, fast cars, goodlooking woman and a few good dogs is always high on my priority list.

Scratch2win's Photo Gallery

Posted:  1 week ago

What type of bag/luggage should I bring for training?

Get a hiking/camping backpack they will fit everything you will need. Plus your sleeping bag can attach to the bottom of it. I got a kelty cayote and one of the best purchases I made before heading off to training. Super cumphy very well made. Spend a few bucks on something nice and it will pay dividends.

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Bad attitude from a company driver

So I'm sitting at the shipper today been here 6 hours it's a cluster F### thank God for dentition. I'm just chilling out with my dog in the truck. This driver comes up to me wanting to ask me questions about gptransco. I could tell he was in a bad mood. He started telling me how his company is screwing him over and how he cussing out his DM and why he not making any money. Just going on and on about how bad it is for him. Then he asked me how much I make if it's true about what he read online. I showed him my settlement for the week no big deal. Told him it's based on professionalism and performance not cussing out the DM and working very hard even when **** goes south. I hope the fella will fix his attitude.

Posted:  1 month ago

Best state for real estate for truckers

Tennessee and Kentucky are great places Arizona and Texas as well.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

New journey at GPtrans co

I can honestly say the hype is real at this company. First week running loads in the bag. I didn't really push it because I wanted to take it slow and get the hang of the gig. I was shocked at the end of the week at settlement time. It's really a great place to work at and you can really thrive here if you're willing to put the work in. It's going to be incredible once I really hammer down and run like I normally do.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

New journey at GPtrans co

I'm going solo been doing team driving for the past 14 months and I'm so over it.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Differences between dry van and reefer

For me refer sucked pharmaceuticals are different then food though. Lots of sitting to load/unload loging temps as you are driving which I feel is dangerous. Lots of paperwork to be done. I'm really happy to be back on dryvan.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

New journey at GPtrans co

Orientation was pretty good and straight forward. Literally every employee has a smile on their face and super friendly. The building is brand new and modern they have LED lights and play lofi music in the restrooms it looks like a night club in south beach lmfao. Getting assigned my truck today And they asked me what my preference of truck was. I thought that was really cool. I went with 21 cascadia because that's what I just got out of. Very professional and you can tell they are committed to the employee and you don't feel like just a number. Very excited to be here and think it will work out just fine.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Got fired from Western Express

About the worst attitude for something that can potentially change your life if you really wanted it bad enough. This job ain't rocket science however it takes time to wrap your head around it. You sound defeated before you really gave it everything you have. Everything start and end with you. Not the company,trainer or co driver YOU. Not to be a buzzkill I don't believe you want this bad enough and should probably take some time away and work on yourself.

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Moving on after 6 Months Experience Suggestions?

Dang that is a lot to ask for without a proven track record.

Posted:  2 months, 4 weeks ago

First year in the bag

It's all about p.m.a positive mental attitude Thanks fellas.

Posted:  2 months, 4 weeks ago

First year in the bag

Started with CRST expedited 10/8/19 got promoted to pegasus pharmaceutical division after 3 months. It's been great first year truthfully. Seen all lower 48 riots, tornadoes, forest fires, blizzards and floods. Over 100k safe miles no hos violations 5 clean dot drug and alcohol test. 98% pick up and deliver on time for the year. So it's been a pretty successful rookie season imo. Finished up 57k managed to stack 24k bought myself a really nice pup that is showing to be something special and bought my girl a brand new 2021 Volkswagen golf gti I'm suprising her with next week for putting up with me and hanging in there while I'm out here grinding. I feel very fortunate and proof that hard work pays off. CRST has been great to work for however my goal was to get experience and try to get into GP transco where I applied to and got a job offer to start in February. So to all rookie drivers be smart pay attention to what is going on, set goals and see them through !

Posted:  9 months ago

Progression as a rookie

Yes they just started to do pharmaceutical otr 4 months ago. Similar rules we have to stick to no stop 200 miles away no stopping longer than 60min ect. We can park at the shipper due to security if there not receiving. They gave us locks that stay with the truck so not sure about dropping and grabbing a different load. I let my dm know how early we get there and to work on getting us something else so don't have to wait. The night and weekend dm don't assign loads. I believe it could have something to do with planning. In all realities things are going good however I know that I'm capable of more. It could just be how they are set up. I'm going to give them 60 more days and do everything I can to warrant more. Then take a vacation lol.

Posted:  9 months ago

Progression as a rookie

That's what I was I was doing for miles when on at crst 5/6k it was all dry van drop hooks. Pegasus is refer pharmaceuticals so it's night and day different. For example I just had a 3 stop load Ohio pick up then Iowa, Aurora got there a day early had to sit 12 hours then Oregon and back to Kentucky. Tomorrow picking up Ohio delivery to Mississippi. So I'm sitting in Kentucky till tonight and rolling in the am. The only thing I wanted was to get better at the job. I have done everything accordingly knock on wood. But was unsure of how to take on more. Pack rat gave the advice I believe will allow me to progress. If I'm doing what is asked and hitting it hard that should give them reason to give me more.

Posted:  9 months ago

Progression as a rookie

The on duty time is spent monitoring the refer temperature. They need to be logged every hour. That's how we get our monitoring pay. I posted my co driver shift below mine it didn't take first time I tried it. Nobody got suckerd into anything because it's a new otr account as a whole. There was no schmooze necessary because the dm is on the line also. Entitled? Deserve better? That is just crazy people like me don't have the luxury of those things. I was abandoned at 12 years old put myself through college bought a house and lived the American dream on my own back. Pack rat already gave me what I needed to progress. So arguing with you is just crazy. You started insulting me off the bat I haven't bragged once or talked about anything I have accomplish only state what I am doing looking to improve. Success is found throughout failure and loss.

Posted:  9 months ago

Progression as a rookie

0671234001594562641.jpg

Posted:  9 months ago

Progression as a rookie

I do the first shift 5 or 6 am till my clock is up. He takes the night shift. 7/5 was a Walmart run to stock up. 7/6 was stuck outside of Cincinnati on the highway gridlock 3 hours getting to the pick up. They took 2 hours to load me to drop off a load before picking up the next. 7/7 was picking up the load but delivery date changed and we shutdown to wait for my co driver shift to stay on schedule.

Posted:  9 months ago

Progression as a rookie

This is my co driver shifts and they are typically how he runs his shifts. My dm transfer to pegasus when we transfer from crst and pick us to take with him. Was told that he only took his best teams. So I believe he has trusted the truck. Before covid I would fly my girlfriend out when I knew that I had a reset due. We would stay at nice hotels and explore different places. So I have had " home time" without being home or taking time off. Each week off cost me missing out of 1k a week off every 90 days would be 4k a year I don't get.

Posted:  9 months ago

Progression as a rookie

0807054001594560084.jpg

This is typical of how my drive shifts go. Yes ever since getting off My trainer truck.first two weeks was solo driving and did 4000 miles myself each week with crst expedite. Not even close to being burned out. I have had my own business over 10 years almost solo so I have a good understanding of what burnt out is. This is nothing.

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

Progression as a rookie

That's the type of response I was looking for. I didn't think about using that approach. Thank you for the insight...

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

Progression as a rookie

I have talked with my dm about my goals in the past. Could it be me expectations exced what the company can offer me. I have only been driving 9 months however been crushing it. I just can't believe I could hit the ceiling in just a short amount of time. Other than talking with my dm who else is there?