Profile For Scratch2win

Scratch2win's Info

Rookie Team Driver

2 years, 2 months ago

Scratch2win's Bio

Red blooded American alfa male. Have been a rider of this crazy train called life for 30 some odd years. adventure, fast cars, goodlooking woman and a few good dogs is always high on my priority list.

Scratch2win's Photo Gallery

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Progression as a rookie

Yes they just started to do pharmaceutical otr 4 months ago. Similar rules we have to stick to no stop 200 miles away no stopping longer than 60min ect. We can park at the shipper due to security if there not receiving. They gave us locks that stay with the truck so not sure about dropping and grabbing a different load. I let my dm know how early we get there and to work on getting us something else so don't have to wait. The night and weekend dm don't assign loads. I believe it could have something to do with planning. In all realities things are going good however I know that I'm capable of more. It could just be how they are set up. I'm going to give them 60 more days and do everything I can to warrant more. Then take a vacation lol.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Progression as a rookie

That's what I was I was doing for miles when on at crst 5/6k it was all dry van drop hooks. Pegasus is refer pharmaceuticals so it's night and day different. For example I just had a 3 stop load Ohio pick up then Iowa, Aurora got there a day early had to sit 12 hours then Oregon and back to Kentucky. Tomorrow picking up Ohio delivery to Mississippi. So I'm sitting in Kentucky till tonight and rolling in the am. The only thing I wanted was to get better at the job. I have done everything accordingly knock on wood. But was unsure of how to take on more. Pack rat gave the advice I believe will allow me to progress. If I'm doing what is asked and hitting it hard that should give them reason to give me more.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Progression as a rookie

The on duty time is spent monitoring the refer temperature. They need to be logged every hour. That's how we get our monitoring pay. I posted my co driver shift below mine it didn't take first time I tried it. Nobody got suckerd into anything because it's a new otr account as a whole. There was no schmooze necessary because the dm is on the line also. Entitled? Deserve better? That is just crazy people like me don't have the luxury of those things. I was abandoned at 12 years old put myself through college bought a house and lived the American dream on my own back. Pack rat already gave me what I needed to progress. So arguing with you is just crazy. You started insulting me off the bat I haven't bragged once or talked about anything I have accomplish only state what I am doing looking to improve. Success is found throughout failure and loss.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

0671234001594562641.jpg

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Progression as a rookie

I do the first shift 5 or 6 am till my clock is up. He takes the night shift. 7/5 was a Walmart run to stock up. 7/6 was stuck outside of Cincinnati on the highway gridlock 3 hours getting to the pick up. They took 2 hours to load me to drop off a load before picking up the next. 7/7 was picking up the load but delivery date changed and we shutdown to wait for my co driver shift to stay on schedule.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Progression as a rookie

This is my co driver shifts and they are typically how he runs his shifts. My dm transfer to pegasus when we transfer from crst and pick us to take with him. Was told that he only took his best teams. So I believe he has trusted the truck. Before covid I would fly my girlfriend out when I knew that I had a reset due. We would stay at nice hotels and explore different places. So I have had " home time" without being home or taking time off. Each week off cost me missing out of 1k a week off every 90 days would be 4k a year I don't get.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

0807054001594560084.jpg

This is typical of how my drive shifts go. Yes ever since getting off My trainer truck.first two weeks was solo driving and did 4000 miles myself each week with crst expedite. Not even close to being burned out. I have had my own business over 10 years almost solo so I have a good understanding of what burnt out is. This is nothing.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Progression as a rookie

That's the type of response I was looking for. I didn't think about using that approach. Thank you for the insight...

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Progression as a rookie

I have talked with my dm about my goals in the past. Could it be me expectations exced what the company can offer me. I have only been driving 9 months however been crushing it. I just can't believe I could hit the ceiling in just a short amount of time. Other than talking with my dm who else is there?

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Progression as a rookie

How are there more responses on a bowel movement thread than how to level up thread? The only input y'all can muster up is quit lmfao

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Progression as a rookie

They don't normally assign new loads over the weekend. Yes 9 months out straight. I transfer from crst over to pegasus 4/22/20

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Progression as a rookie

It's 5 day week and we both do 500+ miles a shift. Hauling pharmaceuticals refer unit. Mostly Kentucky/Ohio to he west or Pacific northwest. Every load is live however I get paid detention till they are finished. Usually take about 2 hours for the load and unload. I get paid all miles so even the miles my teammate drives I get paid on. That means 2000 is the same as 4000 miles.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

I team drive.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Progression as a rookie

So I'm 9 months into my first year. Also 9 months straight on the road haven't taken any home time. I wanted to get my 10 month contract out the way. I'm 100% perfect pick up and deliver time. No accidents no dot violations. I'm taking home about 1k each week doing avg 4k miles constantly. Personally I think I'm doing as good as expected of a rookie driver. I want to do better how should I go about it? I bug my dm for more loads always letting him know I'm early and checking to see if I can grab extra loads especially Fridays so I don't have to take any chances of sitting on weekends. So my question is how to improve and take the next step and progress?

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Is this the end on the line?

Steve come over to pegasus. No complaints here other than my co driver takes more home time than I think is necessary. If you can do 6 months out at a time. Your welcome on my truck. I'm making bank.

Q yep ur best bet finish 10 months at the very least

I am on 8th month of it and really times flown by. I did transfer to Gardners May 1st.

But seeing how dysfunctional and behind the times, they are here, I might just switch back to teams lol @ least its more miles than have seen here in 4 weeks !!

Just suck it up n move forward Dont know if your 8 months exp is with crst or not.....BUT if it is you only need 2 more months to fulfill your contract

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Western Express Trucking Contract

I agree Gtown folks make me look like a superstar lol

Posted:  4 months, 4 weeks ago

Werner Vs CRST

The good news about CRST is that they have subdivisions. You may start as team and decide to go solo if you want. There training is good. Plenty of miles if you work hard they reward you. I'm no fan boy however I'm on pace for 70k+ my first year with a cdl and it's been smooth sailing so far.

Posted:  4 months, 4 weeks ago

Best purchase for OTR life!

200 pack of latex gloves and 10pk of N95 mask from Ace hardware. Found a honey hole in Missouri last month.

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

29cpm to 57cpm in 5 month rookie driver

I had a talk with my co prior to him getting on the truck. Even though he had more experience than me. I told him what I expected and how I wanted him to run. See I had the best trainer mel aka big country. I do everything he trained me to do exactly. No issues and sort of trained my co who was very thankful because he learned new things. If you're co isn't very good you have to help get them up to speed.

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

29cpm to 57cpm in 5 month rookie driver

Because its pharma loads they need to be tip top shape . The day cab's are mostly doing trailer moves in ky.