Comments By Marc Lee

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0530256001587521151-80640.jpg avatar
  • Marc Lee
  • 2 years, 1 month ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  5 months ago

Postcards from the Road! (Post Yours Please!)

0124478001587469985.jpg

SWEET!

Ain't Panorama great!

smile.gif

Posted:  5 months ago

Postcards from the Road! (Post Yours Please!)

Minnesota's I-90 roads sucked yesterday

0161446001586788569.jpg

Got 60 miles north and it was clear sailing again until the side streets. Roads were completely dry for my return trip. It helped making it a 16 hour day today

When you say "a 16 hour day" what does it mean? You still couldn't drive past the 14 hr limit. Right? I am asking just so I understand how it is done.

Guessing it's the "Big Day" exemption for drivers of day cabs within 100 air miles (or something like that).

Fmcsa big day rule The 16-hour rule is a special exemption that allows certain drivers to remain on-duty for 16 hours instead of 14, but without extending the allowed 11 hours per day of driving. This exemption applies to drivers that have started and stopped their workdays at the same location for the previous five work days.

Interesting "quirk" in the rule was elogs let both my trainer and me each declare our own big day in the same week - even though we were both on-duty (though not logged in) when the other was driving!

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Postcards from the Road! (Post Yours Please!)

0824718001586990757.jpg

Cool.

What is it?

rofl-3.gif

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

This a Marc"The 100k miles Champ" Lee Fan Club By Cornelius. A

Sorry to hear that Marc. Take some time to figure out what's next and please keep us updated whether its trucking or not. Don't rush into any major decisions.

good-luck.gif .

Although you may or may not win the bet you and Rob D made, if I ever cross paths with you I'm buying you dinner. Your willingness to keep fighting and not give up says a lot who you are as a person.

smile.gif

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

This a Marc"The 100k miles Champ" Lee Fan Club By Cornelius. A

Marc,

Sorry to hear about your latest misfortune, which based on your post indicates you were sent home/let go from Dutch Maid.

Don't worry about the dinner bet. If I make it to your neck of the woods, I will make sure to look you up. We'll just dine and dash.

If its any consolation, I haven't driven at all since I've been here at Prime, other than like 50 feet for a service brake test the first day on the pad.

I am keeping a detailed diary, but I'm sure you are not in the mood right now to read about my adventure.

Rob.

Au contraire! I'd love to read about it. You will no doubt be driving soon.

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

This a Marc"The 100k miles Champ" Lee Fan Club By Cornelius. A

Rob D.,

How are things going for you?

Looks like dinner is on me. Sorry to all whom I let down. I was doing really well for a while, until I wasn't. And I did finally learn how to back too.

Sorry, not willing / able to share more at this time.

shocked.png

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Postcards from the Road! (Post Yours Please!)

We are going to miss each other by a few miles ;-) I'm in Plover WI and will head around Minneapolis in a while...think I'll have to fuel in Robert WI first. Heading back to Idaho. Hopefully 94 will be clear most of the way.

Have to be thankful tho....this is my first "winter" late appointment. I got to the rest area just before Rochester and decided to call it quits.

I was in Rochester Saturday morning, then the Minneapolis area Sunday and Monday. Hopefully it's the last winter storm in this part of the country. Unfortunately with driving overnights its unlikely to run into anybody from the forum unless they stop the night in Des Moines and I can swing over to say hi. I'm usually clocking out for the day around the time many drivers are taking their 30.

Rob T. - you coming past Milwaukee? Seems I will be here for a while and have some time on my hands...

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

3 month solo update

Congratulations!

dancing-banana.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing.gif

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

This a Marc"The 100k miles Champ" Lee Fan Club By Cornelius. A

Marc,

I start orientation Wednesday. Driving to Prime in Springfield tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to it.

Rob.

Congratulations Rob.

Enjoy the journey. Be safe!

smile.gif

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

This a Marc"The 100k miles Champ" Lee Fan Club By Cornelius. A

Good news Marc. I came back to Wi via Dallas, lol. I reload tomorrow in st louis heading to Augusta Ga

smile.gif

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

I finally cracked the 3,000 mile barrier!

I had a bit of a slow start my first couple trips solo. I was getting 2200 miles on average and was getting frustrated because I knew I could do more if given the opportunity. I talked to my FM at the end of my last trip and told her I really needed more miles and asked what I needed to do to get more. I told her I wanted to be one of the top drivers in her board and I needed her help to get there. She told me she’d do what she could to help.

Thankfully, this trip has been much better. I ended last week with 3,357 miles with no carryovers from the previous week. Just straight drive time from Sunday through Saturday. It might not be a big deal for anyone else, but it’s a huge relief for me to get the miles rolling. Now I just need to string together about 46 more weeks like that and I’ll have a pretty good rookie year.

dancing-banana.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing.gif

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

This a Marc"The 100k miles Champ" Lee Fan Club By Cornelius. A

Marc,

Any update on training?

Rob.

Backing much better! 45, 60, 90, blind side, cross dock, parallel... did almost 2 hours in a large lot at a receiver back in CA.

Back in Midwest. Will be back at HQ Wednesday. Will update more then.

Gotta run.

thank-you.gif

Any updates on your situation?

Passed SPRIMO yesterday...

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Game: Perfect Driving Song

Https://youtu.be/pafY6sZt0FE

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Road Test Success

Way to go!

dancing-banana.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing.gif

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

My family has the Wu-flu, confessions getting stuff off my chest.

Hugs and Prayers!

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Jeremy... how are you?

Glad to hear it!

dancing-banana.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing.gif

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

This a Marc"The 100k miles Champ" Lee Fan Club By Cornelius. A

Glad to hear you are doing well Mark

Thanks Grumpy!

Backing practice @ customer in Salinas, CA while waiting to be loaded. Had a veggie burito off the taco truck. Nice bathrooms, outdoor hand wash and sanitation stations. Another place has an indoor cafe. (No doubt carry out only). 59 degrees, windy but sun and blue skies. Nice (long overdue) nap. Life is good!

Spent almost an hour moving a trailer over about 2"! Straight line to a dock, 45, 90, blind side, parallel, S-curve backing moves... Pieces starting to come together! Drill Sergeant brutal but fair! Just what I needed!

shocked.png

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Postcards from the Road! (Post Yours Please!)

Darn, they have nice facilities out here!

0491292001585682045.jpg

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

This a Marc"The 100k miles Champ" Lee Fan Club By Cornelius. A

Been following along, just watching. Great job. Your in my neck of the woods, lol. I bet you loved wy and Ut, lol. My co driver drive alot of it on the way out, and she told me I’m driving back, lol. I hope to be loaded later this morning and heading back that way to Iowa

Cool Beans! Did a few minutes of "live streaming" of UT on FB. Had to sleep (or try) through some od it as I had 500+ miles to drive coming up. Missed Wendover, NV

Keep me posted. Maybe we can meet at Iowa 80!smile.gif

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

This a Marc"The 100k miles Champ" Lee Fan Club By Cornelius. A

Great job Marc

Nice to hear the trainer is happy.

Keep it up!

good-luck.gif

Thanks Rob. Didn't get to back much but the yard will be there when we get back!

Cool stuff is he said "everyone (back in the office) will know what an awesome job we did. This run was actually a "reward" for going above and beyond and helping them with a "cluster" on the previous run.

Yes, trucking is not easy and companies do play "favorites".

Trainer got a call from a former student this morning. He is now with a different company. He asked a couple of HOS questions and thanked him for all his help. He added I had the best Trainer ever.

Inclined to agree!