Comments By Jerry D.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0090024001542217978-82052.jpg avatar
  • Jerry D.
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
  • Comments:

CFI

Hey Big scott does CFI have a dress code if sorts. Like tank tops slides stuff like that or do they let you dress comfortable.

Posted:  7 months, 2 weeks ago

My pay as a rookie driver

Looks like CFI takes care of you. If you don't mind answering what would you say you made your first year. And how much time to do spend away from home. My wife and I have agreed first year im gonna keep my head down and drive worry about everything else after I put a year of driving behind me.

Posted:  7 months, 2 weeks ago

Trying to start my career with a complicated felony situation. Looking for advice.

I second big scott CFI seems to be more understanding. I have had very positive conversations with them. Also Millis. U.S. express. But for sure check CFI. Good luck brother

Posted:  7 months, 2 weeks ago

Young guy wanting to get started in Texas

Hey john I to looked into raider express. They seem pretty good. A lot of bad stuff about them on the internet. But I talked to several drivers they had mainly good things to say. Except the 60mph max and the fact they want you running at 55. And dont allow you to idle and no APU. I think they would be a good start for you. Oh they do not allow you to bring tour truck home on home time so hopefully you live close to fort worth. I am about 2 hours south so that was a huge negative for me. Good luck brother

CFI

I read several diaries. I was just confused when I looked at stuff and didnt see them included on list and reviews stuff like that. Big Scott thanks for filling me in. CFI seems like a good company and they have no problem with my past. I am guilty of forgery in 2011. Also my license was expired for a period of time this year. Big Scott can you tell me about cmp once your solo. Thanks

CFI

I just got a pretty positive call from CFI and I came on here to do research. I see some diaries and things but I dont see them mentiones by the website at all. Not in the CDL training. Not in company break down or even on the company list of hair follicle and urine analysis. Is there a reason for it? I thought they were pretty good size company. If anyone can answer a few questions about them for me id appreciate it

How did you learn to drive

Thanks for the advice I'm not set on getting it without school just wanted to see what the general consensus is on that route. I have an interview with ups for seasonal help hoping having my cdl permit might help me with something long term with them. If not Millis is where I would like to try and start. My job just ended so now I'm setting at home and want to get to work as soon as possible so that may not be driving a truck right now. But I do understand what y'all are saying and surely know I dont have it all figured out.

How did you learn to drive

Sorry I wasn't very clear on my last comment. I think it is the company for me.. I know my **** up os on me. It just doesnt define me and has no reflection on the man I am now.

How did you learn to drive

I think it is they seem to be a really good company. Its a long story but I worked extremely hard to get in the position to go down this road. I screwed up in the past and spent a ton of time and effort to try and repair it. The beautiful thing is trucking is a forgiving industry. All I need is a chance to show someone that my stupid **** up isn't me.

Failed drug test

Am I mistaken and I might very well be but I thought I read somewhere that a company could not disclose a failed hair follicle only a urine. Please school me if I'm wrong. Also were you not aware of the pending hair follicle before you went.

How did you learn to drive

Yeah I went back and was just reasing they will even take you with a CDL permit. Its pretty muck what you expect but its a way to get the needed experience. I know I'm not stopping until I'm driving a truck. I also have been told to check with cola companies and beer and other food stuff. That they may have similar programs. I really want to go to school in just looming at other routes to reach my goal. Ivebeen turned down by more than a few companies due to my license being expired for a short period this year and my 2011 felony for forgery. Millis seems to be ok with it. Id just have to wait until january

How did you learn to drive

Its a company in Houston a food service they deliver frozen goods. They have a training program for inexperienced drivers. Its not OTR you have a partner. Home daily not great pay but its a foot in the door and experience. I value yalls advice tho. I'm really hoping I get into the millis training institute. I would love to work for them. And like that it has a 500 up front. At least they know a person is serious.

How did you learn to drive

I have. I also have a goid lead for work with a small company once I get my CDL. Are you saying a company will not hire an inexperienced driver without a certificate. Or lets say I get my license then work for said small company 6 months to a year would they still hold my not going to school against me. Also thank you for answering me I really value your opinion. And want your advice.

Failed drug test

Cant you go somewhere else from what I understand they cant share hair follicle results if you live I. The hiring area of millis they only do urine and seem lime a great company. There is a whole list of companies that only do urine test on here. I'm sure some of this knowledgeable guys on here will ring in withgoos advice

How did you learn to drive

I'm currious how many guys on here went to school or company cdl training. And who didn't. Also who just got their permit and learned to drive on their own. Im thinking of going that route because I'm having problem finding a company to give me a shot because my license was expired for a while not suspended anyways they want at least a year active license. My step father is a driver and has his own truck. I take my permit next week how important is school or training. Am I making a mistake not going to some type of training

Practice test

I'm studying fir cdl permit using tools on here. I noticed its for Illinois. Im in Texas are they all the same or does someone here know of a good app or website for studying for Texas CDL permits

Hi Jerry, type in section 14 in the search bar. I hope this helps.

Hey thanks bud I really appreciate it

Practice test

Posted:  7 months, 3 weeks ago

Advice

This might be a little long so thanks for taking the time to read I'm gonna try to be as candid as I can maybe someone will have a little advice for me. I want to drive its in my family I finally am at the point were I think the time is right. Problem is im getting rejected like a fat boy on prom night. So this is why first I was charged for forgery for counterfeit money in 2011 and sentenced in 2014 to five years. I served 18 month in texas then was released in September 2015. And since completed my parole. That is the only thing on my record no drugs, duo any misdemeanors. While in prison my license expired when I got out I could not renew because of tickets no (moving violations) that I was not able to appear for do to being in prison. In Texas if you dont show up you cant renew your license. So I worked out a payment plan that I could afford with my crappy ex con job and eventually paid them off and got my license renewed it was never suspended and I didnt have any surcharges. I got my ive had my license for a few months. So I've been turned down for my criminal record at one company because my license isnt over a year active. Becauss I have not been out over 4 years and because my felony is recent. Does anyone have advice on a company who might give me an opportunity. Crst. Crenfland. Pam. Roehl. Raider express. All so far have had one of those reasons not to hire me. I feel real down because this is something ive always wanted to do. I spent so much time on the road with my grandpas and step dad that it feels like I'm gonna miss out on something really important to me. Thanks again to those who made it to the end.

Posted:  7 months, 4 weeks ago

Driver Resource Center

Sorry thought it was in the title driver resource center

Posted:  7 months, 4 weeks ago

Driver Resource Center

Any drivers gone through DRC. Any information about them would be appreciated.