Comments By Doug C.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0583749001543636549-82864.jpg avatar
  • Doug C.
  • 5 months ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Long Time lurker and finally registered.

Welcome Scott. Good luck to you. I start school with CRST in Cedar Rapids on May 6.

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Thinking of Packrat...

Thinking of you Packrat, and praying for a great recovery.

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

I finally did it!

Way to go! Congratulations.

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Well it was that time. It had to be done.

Nice looking ride. Looks like you made a good choice. Awesome.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Final Recap and Impressions of Roehl and Their Get Your CDL Program

Good luck to you, but you should drop the sour attitude. It won't do much for you in your new position.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Trucker Dies Trying to Extinguish Truck Fire - Explosion.... 15' Crater Closes AR Hwy. 278

I used to be an underground miner, and used a lot of ammonium nitrate. It is also called Prell. It is very dangerous stuff to say the least. Too bad about the poor driver.

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Rainy's Books Came Today

Rainy, thank you for making the books available on Kindle. I read the samples of Zodiac, and Nazi last night and they got me interested. I'm looking for to reading them. Thanks again.

Posted:  4 weeks ago

First Week Down with my Trainer

Way to go Chris. Sounds like you're off to a good start. I am happy for you. Happy Trails. I start school with CRST May 6 in Cedar Rapids. Take care and be safe.

Posted:  4 weeks, 1 day ago

Game: How Do You Motivate Yourself?

When I need motivation or have a hard day ahead I turn on the coffee pot and listen to "Eye of the Tiger" and "Livin' in America" from one of the Rocky movies.

Posted:  1 month ago

Testing out to go solo

Congratulations Grumpy. Many happy trails to you.

Posted:  1 month ago

Preparing For School With Millis

Clayton, good luck to you. Check out videos on YouTube by Rushin Truckin, my friend Scott Rush just finished his training at Millis and is now solo. He has some really good videos on his time with Millis.

Posted:  1 month ago

Question about the actual CDL

Thank you Rainy. That clears up the issue. That's what I needed to know.

Posted:  1 month ago

Question about the actual CDL

So far I've only done what I was instructed to do from my recruiter. I will ask him about the getting of the actual cdl. Thanks for the input guys. I'll let you know what I find out.

Posted:  1 month ago

Question about the actual CDL

I got my permit here in Minnesota where I live. But how does it work when I take my CDL in Cedar Rapids? Will the CDL be from Iowa or from Minnesota where I have my drivers license, or will I have to get the CDL from Minnesota?

Posted:  1 month ago

Pre-Trip Inspection Preparation

Million Miler, All of your emails arrived. Thank you so much.I will get to work on them this afternoon after work. Thanks to everybody who responded to my post.

Posted:  1 month ago

Pre-Trip Inspection Preparation

Million, Thanks,I will check it.Good to see ya around.

Posted:  1 month ago

Pre-Trip Inspection Preparation

Thanks JJ. I really appreciate your input. I will checkout that video.

Posted:  1 month ago

Pre-Trip Inspection Preparation

Thanks Bruce, that's nice to know. When I went to surgical tec. school I had to memorize all the different instruments and their different names from what surgeons referred to them in different parts of the country. But now days my memory isn't quite as good as it was then, but I'm sure I can do it, just take a bit longer.

Posted:  1 month ago

Pre-Trip Inspection Preparation

Million Miler is a trainer there. He suggested a good video which I watch but the sound goes out about half way through. I have a basic understanding of the systems, but I have a lot to learn. Thanks Susan.

Posted:  1 month ago

Securement class

You flat-bedders have my respect.