Comments By Doug C.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0583749001543636549-82864.jpg avatar
  • Doug C.
  • 7 months ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

CRST Schooling Update

Hey guys. Just a little update. So far the school is really good. I have no regrets in coming here for my training. The instructors are very supportive, and helpful. They are top notch in my opinion.

I have driven twice in the last two days. It's fun, and nerve racking. We start testing this next week on Pre-Trip, backing and driving. However, a student gets multiple chances and practice to pass. One student failed 7 times but they continued working with her until she passed. Let me be clear, the instructors and examiners do make it easy. Nothing is given that isn't earned. If you get our CDL it is because you earned it and know the material.

I will update more later but I have a schedule and studying that is calling right now. Thank you guys and ladies at Trucking Truth for being there. I am spreading the word about the website among the student I talk with.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

Class room work completed, we start on the trucks at 7:30am tomorrow.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

Thank you guys. Just a brief update. First day of class was long and very interesting. We coved the pre-trip and ton of other stuff. Also met up with Million Miler 24 yesterday. Hi even took me out for lunch. Now that I'm settling in things look good. Thanks for all the moral support. More later.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

That would have been cool Rob. Another day some day.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

Spaceman, as I write this it 4:15am and have just arrived in Des Moines, Iowa for a five hour layover. I felt really good one we left home for the bus station in Minnesota. It has been a pleasant trip so far. I will be in Cedar Rapids by noon. I will have good contact with home. Lot of support there.

Thanks Pack Rat.

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

I made final preparations today. Picked up my bus ticket, and some snack stuff at Walmart. My friends made a cake for a send off and it was a good time. They all support what I am doing.

I had hoped to ward off the sad feeling about leaving home, but with out warning it showed up this evening. I know that we men don't talk much about how we feel, but we're all friends here and a sort of family. So to you I will admit I had a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. I have a really wonderful wife and we have a good home. Although going to school is right and I want to, it's still hard to go.

It's almost bed time now and I'm feeling good about everything again. I'm ready to leave tomorrow night and with the city lights in the rearview mirror take head off for this new adventure.

I'm thankful for this place where we can talk about all aspects of trucking, even the emotional side. Thank you guys for always being around here.

Already packed!0

Thank you Spaceman.

Thanks Kyle.

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

I hear that. My favorite is the train.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

A minor setback, not truckin related.

It is painful to have to endure a disappointment like this.

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

Hey PackRat. Hope you're doing ok. I will think the bus ride will be ok. Twelve hours isn't too bad, I recall I spent three days on a bus once and I survived that okay!

That sounds really good to me right now. Thanks Turtle

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

By the way Old School, that's a great article. I'm going to keep it in mind in the days ahead. Thanks.

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

Thank you Old School for the words of encouragement.

Thanks G Town.

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

Thanks Rob. It's only about a 12 hour trip. Should arrive about noon on Sunday. I will give updates when there is time.

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

Thank you Avvatar and Pete.

Leaving For School On Midnight May 4th

On May 4th at midnight I will climb aboard the Greyhound bus in Minnesota for Cedar Rapids, Iowa to attend truck school for CRST. I'm experiencing all the feeling and emotions of finally putting into action everthing I've been planning and working on for months. I think I'm as ready as anybody can be to take the plunge! I will be leaving home and everybody behind and all creature comforts in exchange for the "unknown." I must admit that I am a little nervous and scared about the whole situaton. But more excited than nervous about starting this new chapter in my life. I'm going to try to do an update at least once a week.