Profile For Jason

Jason's Info

GA

Rookie Team Driver

5 months, 1 week ago

Jason's Bio

Mid 40's, no kids, no significant other...and no prospects. Doing my time as a trainee and learning to be successful..

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

Do though know how jaded you sound from this? You are like the boy who let the world burn because he couldn’t get his way! WTF.. thought you were mature... wow...and you are just a little boy having a tantrum... does that mean all your previous advice was BS?!

I'm not jaded at all. Quite the opposite in fact. If I was jaded I wouldn't have dedicated the last 12 years of my life helping people get their careers started successfully in this industry.

I'm also not sure what it is about my response that makes you think I'm trying to get my way or throwing a tantrum. I'm not concerned in the least. I've told you what I know. My job is done here. Now it's up to you to do what you like with my advice. You're free to use it or ignore it, it's all the same to me.

Then in the scheme of things you should have no issues with me posting my Settlement checks with Prime week by week for a few months.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

Seriously? I’m under no onus to report anything other than my settlements. Exactly what is required to show success under this level of limelight?

Seriously, don't waste your time. That was a poor request, to be honest. Weekly settlements don't prove anything.

Just go do your thing and forget about us. You don't need us. You have it all figured out already.

Besides, if you're so confident in your plan then why are you wasting your time trying to convince us you're right?

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

You will fail. Lease is the dumbest thing going in the industry, doubly so for someone with zero experience behind the wheel or writing the checks. Actually, more like hemorrhaging money. You have no clue what you’re doing. Obvious that you don’t read the tons of advice given here.

Thus the community? Is committed. So what in the face of this opposition would be considered success?

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

I think when moderators suddenly require approval of responses where before it was given is answer enough no matter how this turns out.

Don’t fret-= your training program is still best; but beyond that- your are all too BAIS to matter.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

It’s quite hilarious- or sickening per your viewpoint how folks are waiting on my response to your BS... no Bull****... better?

Truth is I’ve done my research. I’ve done my due delugence and the trucking industry today... isn’t what is was 5 years, even 2 years ago. Its an evolving industry... so folks, no offense, who try to lay down the law as black/white, who are no longer in the mix... come off as bias and BS or worse.

Truly- I apreciate all your viewpoints- they force me to think of the variables... but today you are full of ****; that’s how you come off with your nay sayer on lease etc. You need to re-educate yourself on the reality of it,

I’d readily agree leasing isn’t for everyone.. just as Britton made obvious OTR... isn’t for everyone regardless.

Those of us- who have no family, friends, etc... who can submit on $500/week forever,... can do quite well making more than that building up a reserve, etc... and eventually getting ourselves paid 6 figures.

Yes- I’m the exception perhaps- you need to get over it... already!

Think I”even proven I’m not going away... more am I going to go anywhere quietly.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

Please post your weekly settlements on this site for us to see what we are missing. Seriously.......we want a weekly update.....will you commit to doing that?

Absolutely I will.

So long as my posting does not violate some company policy I will happily post my weekly settlement. I have no secrets to hide.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

I still value your comments Rainy; even If I don’t take your advice to heart. Thanks for taking your time.

That said- I can address a few of them.

I am well aware of how negligence works. Just two days ago my latest Trainer got in a hurry and went trailer to trailer at a Tyson Plant; another $1000 error. As this was the 2nd time a trainer has done this with me in the truck... starting to feel like a bad penny or something. If it had been another truck he’d traded paint with it would have been $1K for the truck alone!

Lease or company- you are responsible for your mistakes.

As for the idiots running low bridges that’s easy: Garmon(?) or Rand McNally.

Qualcomm SUCKS! Generously...but the voice address is the worst I’ve ever seen. “Stay right,” it says when the exit’s on the left. “Take exit 101,” it says but there’s 3 options A, B, and C... which one???? And then of course it’ll tell you every flocking place exit B will go... 45 seconds worth but when you have 100 yds at 55mph to decide... by the time it gets done reciting the decision is long made and done. That said- if you can sort out all it’s faults it has never led me wrong.

Garmon and Rand McNally however- ugh! QC failed in Wi last week... kept getting errors because the road we were on and/or one in the route was prohibited. So Trainer said to use Garmon... which immediately told us to turn down a road with a 7 ton wt limit! (And we’re hauling 40K lbs).

I don’t understand Prime’s reasoning putting QC down low under then dashboard. You are practically lookin out the passenger window to look at it while everyone puts their Garmon, etc above the dash where they can see the road and its directions at the same time. So is it any wonder that folks inevitably use it?

I won’t make that decision; and if I do lease purchase- I can reposition the QC where it should be... not where Prime delegates it. Good, proper pre- planning- and there won’t be stupid mistakes depending on other GPS devices. And if QC takes me under a low bridge...

Money wise- I have no illusions as a solo driver my income will be half or less of what he’s showing me. It’s the potential though that’s worth investing in. Whether you haul dog food or diamonds- it’s all the same for company drivers; but lease not so much.

It’s the carrot for Trainers to do TNT. They get cheap help while qualifying for level 3-5 high value loads which is where the big payouts come from.

Are there other incentives? Likely, but nothing better than high value 5.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

I have moved my comments, etc to a new thread in General Forums. Thanks for all the comments I received and your attention so far.

I wish Britton the best of luck; and for acknowledging his limitations. No matter his financial situation- he knows what matters most- family!

Again, best of luck

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

I was commenting on Britton’s thread before; but since he’s given up on OTR seems pointless now. It was actually a typo that I said he wasn’t doing well; but forum doesn’t let you edit after posting. Maybe it was prophetic?!

I’m afraid the $328K W-2... and more recently the $10.5K 7 day settlement I contributed too (of which he took home $6.5K...he shared his Prime Settlement with me)... has convinced me to go lease when I upgrade in 3 weeks.

Old School(?) the W-2 is from ADP who he hired to manage his book-keeping and issue himself a real paycheck every week from the LLC he created for his trucking venture. You know when you rent, apply for a loan, etc... they all want proof of income; and a paycheck from a recognizable entity goes a long way.

He’s agreed to mentor me through the process: forming an LLC, Corp Banking, getting a ‘real’ paycheck every week, etc.

I’m in NC right now while he attends a family function. Did he leave me at a truck stop for 3 days? Most would I think. No, he put me in the room next to his at the Hyatt for $200/night. The guy has his flaws, but looking after his trainee’s isn’t one of them! This room is bigger than my last apartment!

Unlike Britton i’m loving being on the road. I might like my current temporary digs, but I’d rather be on the road right now. Idk- there’s nothing I want to do here; and my budget is limited. At this point in my life- this place is ‘far, far out of my league’.

As will happen OTR I’ve talked to other lease truckers and every one has 1 regret...not going lease purchase.

That big end of lease bonus is crap as I can see. The truck has to be returned in mint condition- every blemish, scratch, and wear is reason to take money out of the bonus.

But if you own it on completion- I could sell it for cheap as is...and still get twice the money!~

I have my eye on Freightliner’s Driver Loft Option. Successleasing hasn’t returned my inquiry yet. It might not even be possible. I do miss one thing above all else being on the road. It’s not family... well not the human part... I do miss family dog but bringing an 80lb mastiff on a truck would be cruel. No, I miss my desktop PC. I was an avid, chronic MMO gamer last 15 years or so. I miss having a PC workstation, etc and a laptop won’t cut it... I’m that guy who took a week vacation at the 9 to 5 job... just to sit at home in front of my PC for 7 days straight. If I could get that on a truck...

Don’t misunderstand- I have no intention of being an owner/operator. I still need and will likely always need Prime or another to line up work for me. I’m just looking at the bottom line and I’m in this for the money, then the adventure. Family, wife, kids, mortgage, etc... none of that is in the picture right now. It’s not even on the table!

Hope others are doing well!

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Want to know why there are bad trailers out there?

TNT with 2 different trainers and the response to Trailer issues has been universal- unless it’s ‘life/death’ don’t mention it.

Four trailers so far with ABS issues... and the one time I tried to mention it on a drop trailer report- I got caught and admonished. Seems the ‘messenger’ is punished for reporting trailer issues. Ofc they want you to take it in... on your time/dime.

When I get out on my own; I’ll report it. That said if it constantly costs me revenue...

Sure, reporting reefer fuel level is easy...to fix; but ABS, tires, electrical... not so much.

Posted:  2 months ago

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

The ad for leasing was his 2017 W-2 from Prime. Gross pay $328,000. He readily admitted he only took home half....but still! He's been a trucker for only 2.5 years total...all with Prime.

No the issue is Prime acknowledging they screwed up when they refilled his tire fund, and then refused to refill his emergency fund which is substantially less than what he actually lost. (I didn't say he didn't have one). If anyone else had been at fault....host of support folks at Prime would've has his back, but now he's getting cold shoulder.

And you don't make an official request on Qualcomm to talk to the CEO unless you are damn sure of the facts/situation. He's still got 6 mos left on his 3 year lease.

Posted:  2 months ago

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

I ran into Britton at the Campus Inn week before last; he was waiting for a TNT. He didn’t seemed OK.

My dispatcher wanted an update on my 2nd TNT trainer... I replied “0 of 2”.

At this point I don’t want to see what’s behind door #3... I just this over with! My new trainer isn’t a bad guy at all, but he’s preoccupied, angry, and (I suspect his obsessing over the situation is making him) sick. Three things that make poor trainers.

Prime really screwed him over. He took his truck to Prime Mechanic shop to get the ABS valve on his tractor repaired after it failed and they installed it backwards! [Essentially any braking that would trigger ABS caused all 4 of his service tires on the tractor to lock up completely] A mistake that cost him 3-4 settlements (almost a month of down time). Seems the Peterbilt dealership finally figured it out. Now Prime replaced the tires that were damaged; but down time? So sorry- SOL.

He’s lease...but 3-4 settlements would be bad for anyone; but because he’s lease- he can’t litigate. Prime’s hiding behind the arbitration agreement. Thursday he had me send a QC message to dispatch asking for a sit down with Robert Lowe.

Trainer’s never going to let this go; so he’s short tempered, impatient, and distracted leaving him little time for me. Twice now we show up for a delivery, wide open parking lot, no other trucks or activity nearby, and he’s kicked me out of the drivers seat because he feels nauseous and wants his bed.

I’ve got 10K miles left on my 30K requirement.

Hope Britton and others are doing better.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

Certainly. Supposedly handles different, touchy? Different turn radius...backing too. Idk, find out on Friday.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

Oops.... He didn’t want to pay while HE was on vacation.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

Back at prime1...off truck. Trainer didn’t want to pay while I was on vacation. Got another lined up coming from Fla. Peterbuilt though; only driven Freightliner so far so another learning curve. 17K miles left in TNT.

Thanks for replies.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

Heading back to Springfield soon for my permanent license; wonder if PSD staff will tell me if he’s still in the program?

Kinda curious myself; but it’s easy to get involved and think about posting, but never never actually doing it.

I’ve had a tumultuous 2 weeks myself. Worst was leaving my phone in the Shower Room at a Pilot in WI...and not figuring it out until I was in PA. To fix that I arrnaged a prepaid padded envelope sent to the Manager at the pilot who put it back in the mail for me. I opted to send it to my dispatcher vs home. As I mentioned my temp CDL expires soon while going home is not certain. Not the only way to ‘lose’ access to a phone and we rely on it for so much at Prime. Fortunately my trainer still has his for live load calls, etc. Thinking I may need to get a 2nd phone as backup.

(Right now I have a 2nd Verizon hotspot and a iPad without an air card...that’s it. Good for email and surfing, but can’t make calls, etc. The 15GB/mo limit goes on the hotspot disappears in days!)

Saw lots of crashed, rolled, and stranded trucks/trailers along I 90. Been lucky to dodge all of the big storms so far.

As I contemplate a trip home; I was considering my hazmat endorsement. I noticed or more accurately not noticed any hazmat trucks at any of the overnight parking since I started driving. Company driver...OTR...money in miles; but if hazmat is all short, done in a day? Would I be shooting myself in the foot by getting it?

I could see how short high value loads works out for Lease drivers; but company? Thoughts? I’m assuming hazmat would be on par or better than high value loads.

What else... developing a modest antipathy for QualComm; but I did figure out how to report errors! Trainer damaged a trailer this week... $500 deductivle taken out and all because he couldn’t be bothered to get out and look. If my trainer has a fault...it’s arrogance. Expensive reminder he’s not; but he just shrugged it off like no big deal. He’s lease...

Still trying to get swapped. We worked out this smoking thing; but now he planning a 2 week vacation this month...and that’s a long time for me to set at home I didn’t plan for without a paycheck!

Posted:  2 months, 3 weeks ago

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

So how’s PSD phase? Should be heading back to the pad/prep for Test after week or so.

My TNT trainer started great...and then he declared he was going to quit smoking and he wasn’t going to tolerate it from me around the truck. Hmmm....never going to happen. He literally fumigates the truck every time I get in trying to cover the smell that attaches to all smokers. Lol...and then he complains he can’t sleep well because the air is foul.

Sure I need to quit; but this is not the time for it...and to have my trainer try to force the issue? I spoke with his dispatcher already; 99% chance I’m going to swap out next we hit Springfield. I only have temp lisence still so a trip back is certain..and soon. He’s also forcing me to drive only nights. I figured 10 hour shifts...I’d rotate into days eventually; but he’s taking an extra 2-4 hour nap in the mornings before starting his shift (whenever he can).

Win some/lose some. So far MN farthest west; we keep circling the East. Florida was nice...but I packed almost NO ‘Summer’ clothing.

Hope you are doing better.

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

I was so focused on air break test missed a few obvious items on in pre-trip. Fortunately not enough to fail. Trifecta and done. Waiting for TNT.

Posted:  3 months, 1 week ago

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

Heard an interesting rumor tonight that might shed some light on the lack of trainers.

Heard this from a guy who finished his TNT over a month ago and opted to stay with his trainer because there aren’t any ‘new’ trucks to be had. Due to some kind of miscommunication there are some 2000+ fewer trucks available for lease this year. Trainees are being offered another $300/week (1000/week gaurunteed) to stick with their trainer as a team driver. There’s no reason to upgrade... there’s no trucks!

OR they could come sit in the hotel for $700/week for a month plus, etc.

Shortage should be rectified in 4-6 weeks. However trainers that are keeping their trainee vs taking new ones... well that’s definintely an X factor fewer available for the rest of us. Couple that with bigger than usual interest in Prime PSD...

Thought I’d share...

Posted:  3 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime CDL Training - Springfield, MO

Get as much backing time on the pad as you can. Five days on the road and trainer wont let me do any. Her job is to prep me for passing cdl exam...no more. Not until TNT will i get any practical backing experience. Kinda bummed.

Still plenty of other stuff to pick up. Springfield to Columbus, OH to Salem, VA to Mt Sterling KY and now to GA in last 3 days. Driving backroads through mtns was a bit nerve wracking pulling a full load. Lots of practice using the Jake break.

Hell of a time to hit Atlanta...Superbowl on Sunday...so the nasty traffic will be that much worse!