Profile For Bruce K.

Bruce K.'s Info

3 years, 3 months ago

Bruce K.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Bizarre encounter with another driver

I stopped at a Love’s yesterday at 1600 to take my 10 hour break. It was a smallish facility and packed. I managed to find a spot parallel to a curb behind several other trucks. When my ten was up, noticed that another driver had double parked next to me completely blocking me in. He had his window shades drawn and I assumed he was on his 10 hour break. I couldn’t back up or go forward enough to get out. , so I had to knock on his cab and asked him to back up so I could get out. I had already checked behind his trailer and there was no one behind him. He was parked to my blind side. I guess he was from Jamaica because he called me mon instead of man. He said “No mon, you can get out now.” I again asked him just to back up enough for me to get out and then he could pull right back up. I told him there was not enough room unless he backed up. “No mon, you have room.”

We argued back and forth and he refused to budge. I told him if he didn’t move I would have to call the police and his company. He still refused, so I called the police. In about 15 minutes an officer arrived, asked me what the problem was so I explained my predicament to him. He told me to wait in my truck and he went back to talk to the other driver. He was a that driver’s window for about 10 minutes and I could see their conversation was not getting anywhere. Finally he comes back to me and says “Here’s what we’re going to do. The other driver is going to pull up and to his right and then you pull out and I will watch to make sure you can get out without hitting him. By this time another officer had arrived. So I followed his directions and got out with about 6” of clearance.

I still haven’t figured this one out.

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Can I sue?

Did you read the replies to basically the same post from 3 days ago?

Click here: Preventable On My DAC

Suggestion… read the manual that is with your truck. It’s a machine you have very little knowledge of. I guarantee there is simple, understandable text on how to safely hitch a chain to the frame using eye hooks found in two cutouts on the front of your number or under it.

Your truck? Your responsibility. Perhaps you didn’t ask the safety guy to pull you out… did you try to stop him?

Your truck!

Why do people think of suing other people? Maybe just talking things out is just too difficult/?

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Mixed Feelings on Helping

Banks, I locked myself out of my truck once. It cost me a lot of time and $50. Now I keep a spare key in my wallet, several hide out keys on the tractor and one on the trailer

Okay I was just kidding about the trailer hide out key.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT

so, really when would be a better time?

When you have a business plan.

OMG, THAT IS TOO FUNNY

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Just a funny trucking picture to brighten your day

OMG, PackRat, that is hilariously funny. Hehe hehe. Keep ‘‘em coming!

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Truck

I’ve never sat my butt in any truck other than a Frightliner. Totally happy with that, after all, it is a Mercedes.. haha. But I like the look of a KW. Maybe some day I will get one, but my company only runs Frightliners. As long as my truck runs down the highway and doesn’t break down, I’m very contented. BTW, my Frightliner is just 500 miles from half a million miles and still runs like a top.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Diesel shortage especially out east

I'm assuming he was being sarcastic in the right wing comment.

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that covid didn't get the job done on the Ole great reset, the coup that they did for the election had no exit strategy and they're stuck trying to change the money standard and world into their star trek kinda utopia any way they can. In order to get the world onto the new system, they have to destroy the old system.

It's remotely possible but very doubtful that that the insane progressives, global elites and environazis are collectively so inept that they just keep doing the worst possible thing at the worst time.

Planned food shortages, hyper inflation, attempting to destroy the supply chain, attacking the oil and gas industries, every turn they continue to exacerbate the issues. It's planned and sabotage plain and simple.

Hi Davy, yes, that was sarcasm, “he said sarcastically “

But seriously, in every economic situation we go through, there are people and/or corporations making the big money. Putting their hands in our pockets and extracting the money from our wallets.

Truck driving is still an honest way to make a living and I appreciate all my friends here at TT.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Truck parking

I just want to start an updated discussion about truck parking for overnight . Walmart is not allowing it anymore

Any suggestion’s

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

New chapter in my life

PJ, all kidding aside, I am probably speaking for many here on TT. I wish you success in whatever you are doing. Keep posting your great adventures as they happen.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

New chapter in my life

Congratulations to you two.

Get another truck/trailer and you can hire me.

Only if the new truck is a day cab. Hehe

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Diesel shortage especially out east

I got a new car a couple months ago .. she is a snob. Big surprise...her canned food is $50 for a 24 pack!!!

It's the only stuff she will eat. I think it's time to reassess our politicians

Do you mean ‘Cat”?

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Loaner Truck

The Dark Side

Haha! Whenever daycab is mentioned I know PackRat will chime in.

Jamie, when you reach my age you will welcome the time off when your truck is out of service. Until then, I admire your work ethic

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Diesel shortage especially out east

Oh, and did I mention Walmart wouldn’t let me park overnight even though I asked the manager.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Diesel shortage especially out east

It’s a vast right wing conspiracy.

In truth, nothing surprises me at this point. I’m sort of immune to rising prices, but I went to Walmart this week and my usual $50 dollar shopping spree turned into $119. I really feel bad for single moms, elderly, etc. and those who truly can’t work to make up the difference. Sad.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Walmart journey, take 2

My mom was born in Brandon, Wi. Totally random fact. Just what I think about when I hear BRANDON. And STACY actually is too hot for you! That comment made my day, too funny!

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Walmart journey, take 2

Did you photo shop that from a magazine/ She’s too hot you. Lol.l

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

New chapter in my life

OD is selling some gently used day cabs if you change your mind and want to give Mr. Packrat a job.

There is no lane, freight, benefits or amount of money to make that happen. Ever.

I wish you the very best with your new gig. You are somewhat uniquely represented on TT, so I find that interesting.

Pack Rat, quit angling for a new job. I offered to team drive with you and you referred me to CRST. LOL

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Walmart journey, take 2

Well, I passed onboarding! I am now officially a Walmart driver!

Wow, I’m very impressed and happy for you. I’ve heard that Walmart has high standards

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Are loadboards helpful?

I regularly talk to fellow drivers. Not as much as I would like, but enough to know that being a company driver is a much better choice than being a O/0 or lease operator.

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Swift Academy Memphis Tennessee

If you are referring to close maneuvering, Davy is exactly right. Close maneuvering is a regular situation in driving. The key is moving slowly, constantly checking your mirrors and being extremely cautious.

Doing close maneuvers during training, with an instructor, is valuable time.