Comments By Eric G.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0119346001557790857-86372.jpg avatar
  • Eric G.
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

Pre trip- what is the DOT requirement

I usually do a 15 minute pre trip. And i.think that's probably industry standard.

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

We bare all!

I would never go into a place like that! Lol but seriously I'll keep an eye out for it. It sounds interesting and I'm single so I might stop and see what's happening.

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

Solo

Well I've been teaming for 6 months and now I think I want to go solo. I'm nervous about it because its alot more responsibility and trip planning. But I can't stay teamed. I don't sleep well when the truck is moving and although I'm a very social person I can't deal with not having any space. In case I didn't say I'm a new driver just six months of experience. Wish me luck on this new step in my career. Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

Energy drinks

I drink alot of aloe vera drinks and a bunch of water but was looking for a healthy boost.

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

Energy drinks

Okay I know they're supposed to be bad for you but I'm a otr driver that needs a boost every now and then. What is your favorite energy drink and why?

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

Might be attending Swift school next week, first time ever

Pretty much all companies require new drivers to otr for at least 6 months before they will look at you for dedicated and local.

Posted:  9 months, 1 week ago

Is 50 too old to start with pro-driver career?

The diabetes might be a problem if you need insulin. Most companies won't hire you if you need injections due to the fact most trucks don't come installed with a refrigerator to keep the insulin cool.