Profile For Mr M

Mr M's Info

Phoenix, AZ

Rookie Solo Driver

5 years, 7 months ago

Mr M's Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Utah: flatbed truck runs a state snowplow off the road

Glad he's okay. probably is going to have him shook for a while

What the heck more questions

I fix stuff all the time and yes you can as long as you do it properly. lots of times it's about 10% of the time to fix myself and it saves money. a lot of guys refuse to work on a company truck but if the wheels aren't turning I'm not earning

Backing Exercise - How would you backup to this door?

I havnt had to do this yet but you could have slid all the way forward and if needed released the with tail in pulled up to bring tandem all the way back moving the tractor but leaving trailer in locked tandem then straight backed in

Yeah, tight spot. Looks like it might be easier to blind side it. Fortunately, I very rarely have to do anything like that. But I'm just going to take a guess and say that the thing you didn't do is slide your tandems forward.

If it's -30 + only use #1 diesel

No some individual comments.

also I was told that if in addition you treat both tanks with anti gel and add 911 in before it gels it won't gel. but both my tanks were treated with both howes and 911 the second time i gelled. also note I didn't gel until it hit actual temp - 40

Help!! With pictures

Probably the privacy setting on the picture.

Approved Footwear For Trucking - The LAW

I might have been a little grumpy last night. didn't mean to ruffle feathers: )

I quit Swift Transportation voluntarily but they wrote I was involuntarily fired on my DAC for safety policy

Only thing that comes to mind when I read that is "don't bite the hand that feeds you".

if things were that bad you should have professionally moved on without constantly trying to F them, because they ended up f'ing you for not following the rules.

Approved Footwear For Trucking - The LAW

Lol. hey when i hit Wyoming port of entry I'll ask em.

How do you feel about driver facing cameras?

Wow called in for eating Oreos. geesh. And yes exactly it is their truck you either play by their rules or choose to work elsewhere. I wouldn't work with a cam facing me. I do have a traffic facing cam that is my limit. if the rules got to ridiculous I'd either buy my own truck or go back to being a network engineer.

It's not a matter that the camera is "useless" for the driver. It's the company truck, doing company business. You are a company driver, even as a Lease Owner.

"Useless to the driver"? You know if you have an accident that goes to court, the lawyers (both sides) will take you apart - sleep schedule, pre-trip, paying attention, driver record going back 10 years, maybe even clean underwear. It will be a piece of cake if there is a video of you watching what is going on, and the 4-wheeler being stupid instead of getting drilled on the witness stand about if you were paying attention or not.

Yes, on the other hand, I have been called in for eating Oreos. (The buzz strip alarm went off twice, and triggered the camera.) As for privacy, as ChickieMonster points out, your privacy, your off time, is your time. You do not need the driver side camera. You can cover it. Swift has sent a message that the camera will be reprogrammed to be off when the ignition is off.

You can dislike driver cams, automatic transmissions and crash avoiding brakes. Sorry, you do not own that truck and the company will be covering their assets the best they can.

Two in one.

Home on weekends would largely depend on where you live and your companies freight lanes. some companies depending on your location you could very well be home every weekend and it not affect your paycheck. others you probably won't be home every weekend.

Neat adaptations

I have a Coleman cooler that plugs in with plenty of food and drinks. eating truck stop food gets old.

I have a 24" t.v. and a bluray player and a bunch of movies. watch it once or twice a week. not too often but when i want to it's nice. the truck has a built in antenna and depending where I'm at I get a decent amount of local channels.

I have a cb I wouldn't drive without it. usually when there's dangerous conditions Im warned well ahead of time.

I have a rand McNally GPS. It's a good tool but should never be followed blindly.

I have a Bluetooth to make phone calls hands-free when it's safe to do so

i have survival gear for extreme cold temperatures.

this is all I need. I run hard and sleep.

How do you feel about driver facing cameras?

Driver facing cameras are of absolute zero benefit to the driver. I would never work for a company that had them. traffic facing cameras however keep people in check and also record other vehicles driving in a way that could cause a collision but without a camera could be blamed on you. I don't mind them

This was a new one on me

Thanks for sharing!

I was sent home from Celadon Academy...

Also just to give you a little insight. my truck broke down in -42F and I was stuck without hear for 9.5 hours. 28F is very survivable where -40+ very easy to die

I was sent home from Celadon Academy...

Sorry to hear that. should be no issu returning after you get cleared by a doc

Terminated after 3rd week of OTR Training

Sometimes you just have to humble yourself to get through things. who cares if someone threatened you making waves won't help you. I know it's not right and I'm sorry you went through it but those times won't last forever.

Also the trainer is probably a good reflection of the company. Knight has a flat bed division and from what i hear they have top notch trainers ams treat their drivers like gold

Prime, sent home for non-moving violations, what now ? Help !

I don't think any training company would take you. I know a guy that paid a private school to get his license and the only company that would hire him for a careless driving was Carolina cargo. but work there a year clean and you can go anywhere

Load shifted

my load shifted. the shipper didn't use the load locks. luckily nothing's damaged but this is a lesson learned. from now on I will load lock it even if they don't.

Quick Thought

I agree 100%. I didn't use to check tire pressure every pretrip I would just thump the tires. And stuff like that. luckily it never caught me but now I check everything every time. pretrip is the most important thing you can do.

sorry to hear about your miles. I'm driving a refer now and it has been steady 3500+. maybe the site OP can give you my email address.

New Driver Troubles

I havnt hit anything backing because when it's right I'll get out and look every 4ft of movement if that's what it takes. don't hit anything if it takes 45 min to back in so be it as long as I don't hit anything.

And while driving especially in heavy traffic keep your head on a swivel especially during lane changes