Comments By Mr M

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/Bristol-Hauler.jpg avatar
  • Mr M
  • Comments:

Another CR-England Help me what did I get into question.

Can you post a selfie so i know you're not the crengland driver that hit me last week

If it's -30 + only use #1 diesel

Also notice I said - 30 or colder in subject the second time i gelled my truck was not only running but I was drivi ng it. First time truck never shut off either

If it's -30 + only use #1 diesel

Red dielsel is not #1. Red is also farm diesel. #1 just cost more. I had my #2 diesel treated and it still gelled. Then when i hit slc got the filter changed mechanic said he treated the fuel and it still gelled.

If it's -30 + only use #1 diesel

Here's some advice don't even think about driving across -30 or colder with anything other than #1 diesel.

Big miles?

Make sure you fuel #1 diesel before you enter wyoming

Just picked up a load from York, PA. To tracy, ca.....2740 miles...only 28000lbs. As long as there is not a lot of high wind, this should be a good run. 😊😊😊

Bad experience with Prime, Inc., recruiting. What other companies have good CDL training programs?

If you get offended that easy you may have a tough time out here on the road.

Will I get fired for a accident?

Your trainer should be fired for not instructing you to slow down

Low tire pressure in cold weather?

Yeah cold contracts heat expands. But remember when you start rolling the tires hear up cold outside or not.

-32F Here in wyoming

I meant -42

-32F Here in wyoming

Well when i went over the pass it was -41 My fuel gelled. Put some 911 in cleared up. As soon as I crossed into Utah it was -4 fuel gelled again out some more In but looks like a no go.

The TA had a 2 day wait to put new fuel filters in. 30 trucks in front of me to be serviced.

-32F Here in wyoming

I see a couple guys aren't idling. They'll be stuck here in the morning.

CAREER

That probably explains why I've seen some crunched up Watkins trucks

Watkins Shepard is a fully automatic fleet. They do forced dispatch though and are based in Montana. They are also the only company I know that does not require you to go with a trainer when you are a new CDL graduate. They do a two week Missoula, MT training and then, assign you your own truck. It is then either sink or swim.

Truck Accident in Cali

You may want to make sure someone will hire you. And you should have saw that car regardless is they made a quick move around you you shouldn't have only looked once and done.

Socializing at the truck stop

Rarely do i talk to anyone. Once in a while when. I find a good person.

Automatic trucks at CR England?

They will still train you in a stick. Automatics aren't as bad as I thought they were. The biggest thing I dislike about them is backing because you lose the clutch control and the gear is pretty much like high reverse on a stick

Crengland just hit my trailer backing in

I'm in the sleeper sound asleep I'm also empty. The whole truck jerks and I get awoken to a crengland driver hitting my trailer with his trailer as he's backing in.

I lectured him on GOAL and also said you guys have 2 people one of you should always be spotting.

Reported it to safety and now I can't sleep. FML

What would you do?

Contact dispatch and ask them if they want you to take a safer route or shutdown

Finally got my start date for school . .

Thats awesome! Good luck i hope it is everything you dream it will be

The biggest reason people stop driving a truck?

Btw for me personally. Its hard to leave home after a break but once im 1000 miles away im fine. I have no issue driving all day but sometimes when i park and im alone parked my thoughts will take off and i get lonely or sad sometimes.