Comments By Gunner

https://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y529/rsueter/imagejpg2_zps6a34de0e.jpg avatar
  • Gunner
  • Comments:

Question about inhalers for asthma..

"Alburterol shouldn't show up on a test. With that you shouldn't have issues get your DOT physical either. Just be sure to list all meds you take even if you don't take them. Get a valid script from your DR as well. Depending on the Swift location your going to, you may be able to get your DOT physical before you leave ( I was able too) If your Dr is on the national registry list for DOT physicals, you can just goto him for it, Otherwise, most Consentra Urgent Care centers do DOT's and are pre-approved for most of the major carriers. You could even go get one before heading to swift even if they give you one there"

Thanks for the info. I have thought about getting a new med card before i leave since my currnt med card is a year old. Just dont want to waste money if they will make me get another physical at the school, but i guess thats the purpose of using an approved dr, right. :). Lol

Actually the script for this inhaler was filled back in July so its not even really current but ill mention it just bc i might take it eventually. Says it expires july of 2015. Just glad to know it wont be an issue. Im not a big fan of meds so even taking an ibuprofin is rare for me.

Thanks again

Question about inhalers for asthma..

Probably dumb question but with so many rules in trucking figure it wont hurt to ask.

Does anyone know if inhaler medication shows up on drug screens. Specifically albuterol. I quit smoking 3 years ago due to it casuing mild asthma, which is basically the beginning of copd. Since Id really like to avoid it getting worse i quit that day. Ive never needed an inhaler but my dr prescribed me one "in case", which ive never used. Anyway, recently i have been exposed to ALOT of second hand smoke and I can actually feel it in my lungs so ive been thinking about trying this inhaler just to see how it works.

1. Does it show up on drug screens 2. If i mention having mild asthma will i have to go through hell getting documents from the VA about the script.

Like i said, probably dumb question but im getting ready to go to swift end of jan and dont want something stupid like an inhaler puff to cause a problem

Dash Cam!!

Got my Christmas present yesterday and tried it out today. Here's a sample of the quality....

Dash cam test: http://youtu.be/9lxOCMjLvh8

No audio because I haven't turned on the microphone yet but I will at some point. So far I think it's pretty good.

Pell Newport bridge by chance?? Nice quality on camara. Ive heard some companies are thinking of preventing drivers from using dash cams. I think i read it on here actually. Hope they dont do that

KLLM

Hey ya'll. KLLM/FFE does have 2 schools. Lancaster terminal for FFE and Jackson for KLLM. I didn't go through them but hear great things from graduates. They offer the lease program after training but it is completly up to the person. They don't push one way or the other to my knowledge. But I'm tucked away out of Portage and stay away from the main stream as much as possible. lol

I've heard that KLLM only accept people from Mississippi or TX for their company sponsered school, unless you have a CDL and go through the refresher course, but new students have to live in those states. Is that true? Anyone have any info on that. I've heard awesome things about their training and would be very interested in applying.

Have some questions about being a truck driver

Another thing regarding the transportation to the school, or elsewhere, if you are able to, you can also provide your own transportation and most companies will reimburse you up to the cost of a bus ticket. Greyhound bus trips are grueling to me because you're looking at double the travel time so if your budget permits consider renting a car or flying to the school location. Keep your receipts, including cab fare, and you'll get reimbursed. Im renting a car, one way, when i go to millington end of Jan. It's a 10 hour drive instead of a 20 hour bus nightmare and I don't have to deal with screaming kids *****ing and moaning that they gotta pee

Data usage on the road and what plans to get?? Help

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely have to upgrade my plan before i leave.........or bring my portable dvd player. Thanks

1st week with mentor

I was delivering in north LA during rush hour and after that drop it was straight to NJ.. Omg I never want to drive in the northeast again.. Haha IM doing 15 maybe 20 under the limit bc it's dark and snowing and everyone is justfflying by me

I totally feel your pain. I lived in NJ until 2002 which i dont usuallly admit to. Some of the most disrespectful drivers in the country. JMO. Good luck up there.

Can I get a DOT physical Before school

I personally would take the med card and long form to orientation. If they accept it then great, but if not you'll just have to take their physical during orientation and its no money out of your pocket.

Good point. Thanks for the info. I'll save the money

Data usage on the road and what plans to get?? Help

Just kinda curious as to how many gigs some of you use up on your data plans while out on the road. Do any truckstops have wifi available? Ive got an iphone and ipad right now that i would be taking with me. I stream alot of movies via netflix which i fall asleep to so I'm assuming id be using up alot of gb's without wifi, not to mention needing a hotspot for my ipad.

Verizon doesnt have unlimited plans anymore. Any suggestions. Do ya'll use a ton of data out there without wifi

Can I get a DOT physical Before school

Heading to swift soon. I have a current med card which is good for another year. My private doctor is approved to do dot physicals and i got it january 2014. Will i have to take a dot physical again at school or can i use my current med card. Ive heard something about having a swift approved clinic doing the physical before arrival so its done before getting there which saves time. Is that true?? Anyone know anything about it. Just want to have as much on hand as possible so im ahead of the game.

Trying to start my trucking career

Hello Truckers,

My name is jamel im trying to start off my trucking career i don't know how i don't have enough money to pay for my class a licences i reside in New York City but all the trucking companies i have called either don't answer the phone or tell me that they don't work with New York state drivers can someone please help me please find a trucking company.

click on the link up top on the main menu bar for trucking schools and check out the link to company sponsored schools. No money out of pocket for you if you go that route and there are a ton of companies to choose from

How much is TOO much info?

Thanks for the replies. I was shooting for towards the end of January anyway so I could be there for my daughter's 16th Birthday.

Does anyone know the answer to the multiple felonies question? Example: If you were arrested and had multiple felonies on XX date of XX, then never in trouble again. Or I got felonies in 1995,1997,2005,2011 etc. I don't haha just examples.

My understanding is that some companies will go back 7 years and others 10 on felonies. Really depends on the felony as to whether you will run into issues or not, and also the company standards. Regardless, you did right telling them since they will find out anyway. Overall, the delay you are getting may just be because your background check is taking longer given the circumstances. Just keep on them. Never hurts to be proactive by calling them

Suspended Lic 22 years ago. Red flag on getting HIRED?

Not an issue at all. mine was suspended back in 91' for one day because I paid a ticket one day late. I didn't even know about it until I moved to FL and was trying to transfer my CDL. Had to get a letter from NJ DMV stating that the fine was paid and the record was cleared which took about 3 months but it all worked out. None of the schools have even cared about it. Won't hurt to mention it on the applications but realistically they won't go back that far anyway.

Hazmat test passed. One step closer

Finally one step closer to getting ready for my move into trucking. I wanted to get my hazmat back on my CDL before I head out to my refresher so I took and passed my test today. The CDL training course on here is awesome. DMV will be submitting everything for my background check and finger prints after 2pm today.

For anyone that lives in FL (not sure if all states are the same) and may be curious as to the process your local DMV will do everything for you in one shot. Go online to flhsmv.gov and fill out the application for the hazmat and make sure you take it with you to the DMV (do not sign it until you get there as it requires a witness signature). The test is 30 questions of which you have to get 24 correct but you can skip over the ones you aren't sure of, which I recommend, and go back to them later. Once passed they will then finger print you and run your background check through TSA. All of this is done at DMV. Tallahassee will send you something in the mail as to whether you passed their background.

ALSO: as was the case with me, if you're address on your license is different from the address you list on your hazmat application you WILL ABSOLUTELY need to change your address on your license first. THEY MUST BE THE SAME. Just a heads up. I recently moved and didn't get to changing my address so they made me get a new license first with the corrected address before they would do the hazmat stuff.

Hoping to finally be at my school of choice by mid-January, latest FEB 1. Just waiting now for my passport to arrive so I have everything ready to go.

HAZMAT ENDORSMENT ??

Hey all, I'm getting ready to have my Hazmat put back on my license today and I've run into something that I thought someone might be able to confirm.

I just recently moved and the guy at my local DMV is saying that I need to change my address on my license first......then apply for the hazmat. He said that you no longer get an actual endorsement on your license anymore but rather a certificate from Tallahassee (I live in FL).

My logic was that I would apply for the hazmat and just change my address at the same time the endorsement approval came back which would save me the hassle of having to pose for an ID picture twice and pay an extra 25 bucks for the license change.

Anyone have any thoughts on the subject. thanks

I'm a good candidate for school, except for my credit score.

Lol. If they look at your credit score then there wouldn't be very many truckers!

Said perfectly. Your credit score is meaningless

Experienced Drivers: How do you drive during Big City rush hour traffic on a major Freeway?

My opinion is pretty much useless here since I'm not even in school yet but I'd definitely say to take it with a grain of salt. He could very well be testing you to see how you react, which I hear is pretty common. You are also a "guest" in his rig so I guess i just think you should consider trying it his way for a bit. I dont think his request is putting anyone in harms way. Doesnt sound like he's going overboard to me.

Again, im just some guy lying in bed watching law and order so my opinion is basically irrelevant but thats my take on it. Good luck

Drive this truck program

Can you be more specific? What program are you referring to exactly?

Pulled this off their website. Drivethistruck.com

"Drivethistruck is an independently owned company that buys their own trucks and staffs them with Prime Inc. company drivers. Prime Inc. is America’s most successful refrigeration, flatbed, and tanker carrier running over 5000 trucks and 7000 trailers. Prime Inc. has over a dozen terminal locations including many drop yards making drivers lives much easier. On the road, drivers experience many green lights to pass by weigh scales and are paid for clean DOT inspections. All trailers are lightweight aluminum and are replaced after 5 years, which allows less maintenance and down time from running better equipment. They also have on board scale gauges saving time and out of route miles to CAT scales.

Drivethistruck pay starts at .38 cpm for solo drivers and .44 cpm split for teams. Our trainers average .34 cpm while team training new CDL recruits and often $1600 weekly. We start recent school graduate trainees at $700 guaranteed per week or .14 cpm above 5,000 weekly miles. We also offer up to $6000 tuition reimbursement and other incentives including safety and on time service bonuses. Health, Life, Dental, and Vision insurance are available as well as 401k.

What sets Drivethistruck apart from other opportunities is our relaxed laid back dispatch and maximized home time as a company driver. The hardest part of over the road driving is knowing that you have to leave home for long periods of time with only a few days off. We create driving positions between lease and normal company drivers. Our drivers have the ability to choose routes and set home times to best fit your schedule. Feel the freedom of truck ownership, without the responsibility of payments and maintenance, and in 4 years or less with our program. Longevity earns you a free truck.

Our trucks are fully loaded with refrigerators, microwaves, top notch driver seat, and other upgraded options plus all of the necessary tools. The safest and most sophisticated safety devices available are also on every truck. Trainers or teams that drive for us just 4 years or less can own your truck free and clear. Why work for less when you can make better money and spend more time at home?

Just a quick update....

Thought i would do a quick update. This is YTD as of 11/28/14. The most important things are the Gross and Net YTD.

The reason I keep posting updates about this is because new people hear/read bad reviews on Werner and just want to say that anyone can make money at Werner. All depends on how hard your willing to work.

1417727334.933.jpg

Just curious........how long have you been with Werner

[A Certain] Trucking School - An Honest Review

Jason, did you get your CDL and graduate?

Wow, this topic turned sour quick huh.........i wanted to shut my eyes to the whole thing but I just got sucked in. Not quite as good as the drama that my wife deals with at the bar she works at but pretty darn close. :)

In all seriousness, Brett has asked the question of the day. Did this guy graduate? Interesting how he hasn't been back to clarify. I'd find it hard to believe a school could be that bad and still be in business. But, it's all meaningless if the guy got his CDL

Oh well, just felt nosey and couldnt help but butt in. Carry on. :)