Comments By Kenny S.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/truck-snow.jpg avatar

Prime Regional

Just got a message from.primes Facebook page and they said there is a NE regional (which I'm not exactly sure what that is?) And it pays .49 is that even worth the hassle?

"Trucks & Trailers" parking and backing simulator game on sale

If you're looking for a way to get some great backing and parking practice in a virtual truck, SCS Software, the same people that make the "Euro Truck Simulator" series and who are now working on "American Truck Simulator" also made this little gem called "Trucks & Trailers" which is basically exactly like playing ETS2 except its purely a series of parking and backing challenges that get progressively more difficult. Its really helping me a lot, and I just wanted to let everyone know it is on sale right now on Steam for $1.74 which is a screaming bargain for anyone who needs some backing practice and happens to have a gaming-capable PC. It is ESPECIALLY good if you have a wheel and pedal set like I do, makes it almost real.

Less than $2 at the moment, for the most realistic backing simulator I've found so far, but it probably won't stay on sale for long. Steam sales tend to be quite short. Click Here To See It

Do you know of any simulator apps for your phone that work really well? I've seen one or two but considering I'm not a truck driver yet... I'm not sure how realistic the content is.

Prime Regional

There's regional Walmart out of Shelbyville, TN that's not too far from you. I spoke with a guy that likes it there but he runs OTR style, 3-4 weeks at a time, but only in that region.

Hey, it's better than nothing.

Prime Regional

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can put the odds in my favor. Might have to buy my dispatcher a few meals. Lol

Prime Regional

Is there any chance of me getting regional after CDL school with prime? I'm slated for OTR and if that is what I have to do to get my foot in the door then I'll just suck it up. However I would prefer a regional route. I live in Richmond,VA

Prime recruiting conversation

Thanks for the info. I leave for Prime on Friday. With that being said, will I miss the holidays since I will be in training?

Off to Prime

5 days away from heading by bus to Springfield,MO. Just curious, what is this integrity interview my recruiter speaks of? What does it actually consist of?

CDL Permit

I know most people say it is a good idea to get your CDL Permit in your home state before going to school. However, is there any benefit of taking it at school as far as cost goes?

Prime School

Leaving richmond on the 20th to begin my truck driving career in Springfield,MO. Can you say nervous?!?! Anyone else starting on the 22nd in Springfield?

Prime recruiting conversation

As I read this post, some of this info seems out dated as I'm sure Prime makes adjustment to their training programs. With that being said, can someone provide a more accurate expectation of home time out of PSD and TNT? I've been told to expect $700 during training, but how long until I actually see that money?

Words of Wisdom

It's much like military service in that you are gone a lot. You know why you're doing it and you are going with a good company. She is either with you or not. All you can do is love her as much as possible in the time you have together and remind her of that whenever you talk.

From the road use FaceTime when you can or Skype. Save your money and do something special each time you are home.

Good luck and Prime is a great choice. Believe in yourself, we do.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Words of Wisdom

I joined the site over a year ago and having been studying it religiously. This time last year I was litterly hours away from stepping on the bus heading towards CR England when my better judgement told me not to. I'm glad I had listen to my gut as my life has changed for the better since then. However recently I was laid off as a operations manager for a big box store and entertained the thought of driving, just with a different company. Next Friday I'll be getting on a bus headed for Prime. I don't think I've ever been this Nervous before but I am excited as well. Still trying to figure out how I keep my relationship with my loving Girlfriend going. It will be a challenge for both of us I know. Any advice you guys and gals could offer a newbie to the trucking world would be terrific.

Is this normal for a truck driving job offer?

I was a receiving supervisor for one of YRC Freight's Customers. Out of all the drivers I interacted with, they all had nothing but positive things to say about YRC.

Medical card with Prime

Wow I found this thread as I was talking to my Prime recruiter over the phone. I was wondering myself about the medical card. Daniel, is it a good idea then to just study for you permit and take it at Prime?

If you're tight on money and know for a fact that you'll pass the physical then I would just study hard in the comfort of your own home and wait until you get to Prime to do their physical.

The only thing that concerns me about the physical is that I have had two knee surgeries ( I have completely recovered) and I have Sleep Apnea. I know Sleep Apnea plays a big part in DOT testing but is it frowned upon if you have it already?

Sleep apnea won't disqualify you at all. But it will cost you a pretty penny because you'll have to buy the CPAP machine that Prime will force you to purchase. Having the CPAP machine is the only way you'll be able to drive a semi if you have sleep apnea.

what if I already have a cpap? And when would I have to pay for it if I got it through them?

Medical card with Prime

Medical card with Prime

Posted:  8 years ago

Anyone have any last words of Wizdom?

Im scheduled to ship out for training with Prime Inc on June 1st. Any of you guys and gals (rookies or veterans) of prime have any last minute advice that could make my time in training easier? Im going to be getting my learners before I leave so I know that will help. Will it also help if I get a DOT physical and a passport too before attending? Any useful advice will be greatly appreciated.