Comments By Mike H.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/red-pete3.jpg avatar
  • Mike H.
  • 10 years, 1 month ago
  • Comments:

Previous Page Next Page

What is the best free android app for Gps

I like waze for traffic reports. But I usually use google maps

Seat belt Hurts Me

Bwahahahaha!!!!

He's got a point there, you're not built like us fat boys

Words of Advice

I have a couple

1. Travel light, or just remember ounces = pounds The less gear you bring, the less you have to move

2 things you can't use is the braking distance behind you and the fuel you leave at the station

Keep the left door closed

Carry things that you need on the road, the time you don't have something will be the time you need it

What kind of GPS are you using?

I run with a tnd 530 and google maps on my phone. Xcelerationrules is correct, there is a lot of information on the screen and it can get in the way, but there is a declutter option that clears it up. I like that the tnd gives map reference points on your selected destination.

Also, yes it has weather maps when on wifi

Got a new truck

It would either be the 670 or 780. They may run the 630 for solo company drivers, but it's all a guess at this point

Got a new truck

I love those Petes. I ran into a flatbeder for prime at the ta, we were both getting pm's done. He let me look inside the cab and that's it, I want one. Although, I heard that prime will also have volvos next year.

A few questions

If the company dosent supply a radio with cirrius, you can buy a recieverl at a truck stop

Why did you become a trucker?

The air horn is a nice bonus. Nothing else says " outta the way peseant" than an air horn

Swift ordered to pay owner-operator $2.6 million after trailer squashed his foot

I just hope this dosent bring about new regulations from the Feds (regulations being written in blood and all)

Why did you become a trucker?

Ive had to field this questions a few times and whatI normally tell folks is " just something I wanted to do" Now, that is true, but not in depth.

So, let me start with this, I'm not a stagnant person. What I mean is I dont like being in one place going no where for very long and it explains my varied work backround.

Running pizza shops in the 90s, construction from 00-04, security from 04-05, health field from 05-13 ( had to leave because of the ACA. thanks Obama!) Lab tech from 13-14, entered trucking in sept of 14

so, back to why i did this I'd have to go to what I love about this job. In short, you get out what you put in.

I cant tell you how frustrating it is working on a per hour basis, working as hard as I can and making the same as some fool who would sleep on the job. Here, there is an incentive for me to do better, the more i run the more I make, more or less.

Previous Page Next Page