Comments By Stevo Reno

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0530495001552587691-18588.jpg avatar
  • Stevo Reno
  • Comments:

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Finally Gunna get started @ this new chapter of life

So school begins Monday ! woot ! Finally, now to get 'r dun and pass it all lol anxious and a little excited...Fingerprint log in @ school surprised me a bit because of how the place looks! Small and kinda crappy, but never judge a book by it's cover, so I won't !! @ least it's real close to home, something like 7 miles. See 1 their trucks is being worked on too hmmm loldancing.gif

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Intermodal

Today I seen 3 trains go by with trailers, I'd say 70% were JB Hunt, 20% Schneider,and the rest different lol was interesting actually

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Free food at terminal

Lol like when I worked at Pepsi as a mechanic in 1990, they asked me to transfer to the bottling plant in Torrance/Carson, after I subbed there 2 days. 1 perk they "thought" snagged me was, we had a double cooler in the parts room. I was told "You can drink as much product you want !" pfffft after a week or so that got old real fast blehhhhh !

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Owner Operator

I have a neighbor down at the end of our street. He/they own 3 trucks/trailers, and they have been parked at the house a week if not longer. So I'm guessing he isn't getting too many runs either..

O.S. I enjoy reading yours, and others informative posts actually.thank-you.gif

Actually this is, and has been, the ONLY trucking related site, I have been at, or joined period lol

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Throwback Thursday - Photos From Back In The Day

0122436001559280826.jpg

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Throwback Thursday - Photos From Back In The Day

Forgot to hit the GO ! pox duhhh And wi-fi keeps cutting out grrrr

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Throwback Thursday - Photos From Back In The Day

Me @ 30, with Newest Girlfriend after my divorce lol turned out to be gold digger....Ran into her years later by chance for a day... Over the following 20 years, she ended up with 4 kids, all from different dads NONE mine lol Those Pontiac Fiero's were NOT easy to make out in !!

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Lifetime suspension

The power of computers these days ! Dunno how you held 2 different state licenses lol Pretty much ANY suspensions follow you....

While living in Arizona,,,,,I broke my shin bone in half in 9/14,,,,,12/14 my class C expired I sold my car and let my license expire, since I wouldn't be walking much less driving for who knew how long. 8/14 I had a no insurance proof in car ticket. Well, couldn't get to court date, lost by default.....When I went to re-instate my Calif license was told I had ADOT suspension! lol I thought WOW I let my license expire, so how can it be suspended ! duhhhhh

Anyway I got all that mess fixed, and paid off the hefty fine $1,507 !

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

General Transmission Fault

So being it sounds like its related to your ignition system @ the key switch? Maybe a loose connector on the tumbler Been ages since I worked on semi's, but I'm athinkin' electrical systems basicly haven't changed too much.

Ignition switches always tend to be the main power feed to hosts of things..... Brand "New" parts of ANY type, ain't always good either LOL

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Fuel gauge or mileage?

Yep just like a car fuel system, has the return line to the tank, for un-burnt / unused fuel so do diesels, thru the injector pumps mounted on that warm engine ! lol Although, I doubt even with them small steel fuel lines has too much of an effect on 100 gallons Suspecting 90% "full" tanks may be for any expansion of the fuel, in their wisdom...

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

New truck appearance and features! (It ain't all about the grill!)

LOL Sure, PackRat bust the bubble hahaha

My moms handle on the CB back in 70's n 80's was PackRat too hahaha And she was 1 too, but in a neat and very organized manner lol

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

New truck appearance and features! (It ain't all about the grill!)

Yep looks very comfy !! I'd like 1 too one day lol

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Throwback Thursday - Photos From Back In The Day

Duhhh Chopped it off in 2001, so was foot+ longer than pic (15 year growth) lol man whatta pain it was maintaining that hair!!

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Throwback Thursday - Photos From Back In The Day

1995 was hair farming lol donated 3 foot ponytail to Locks of Love in memory of my 6 year old nephew who died of a brain tumor He always wore mickey mouse cap when he lost his hair to chemo, I never forgot that, so I chopped it all off and sent it in. Like it short now! lol My brother and his wife buried him with his cap too

0296043001558672809.jpg

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

Finally Gunna get started @ this new chapter of life

Eh so got voicemail from worker she has me set to start June 3rd, so be it then lol Still got a read end on buddies '02 yukon to fix now ! Had to fix an issue with the trac control and abs already.... I need to drive to get rest!

Been working on all their broken cars. Even went to Vegas to tow daughters '11 Camry here to replace her trans last week! After she "had" trans service done (They never touched it) $440 rip off's

Just put a used trans and clutch in bud's PT Cruiser then did his daughters car (I;mma tired of these PTs lol) Nice to have a resident free mechanic at hand hahahaha But that's how I roll, I help when needed, do get some good dinners out of it, so that's a plus

Ford just sent a Recall Guy out here to do airbag recall on his wife's 2006 Calif Edition Mustang! Haven't had time to take it to dealer, guess they have so many to do they have guys do house calls now!

Anyways enough chatter.....Can't wait to finally get trained....And spinnin' them wheels across the great vast lands of ours!

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

Reckless driving

Welcome Shachenay, I'll be at skyway , either on May 28th or June 3rd, leaning to May 28, since been too many months jumping thru WIOA hoops lol

how is it there so far?

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

Terminated by Schneider

LOL

We hope you've enjoyed the show!

IMMENSELY!

I have seen SOOOO many like this in my years online since the internet began ! Sooner or later the REAL person comes out in the end, as this 1 has done too !!

rofl-3.gifrofl-2.gif

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Finally Gunna get started @ this new chapter of life

Ok, well, times FINALLY arrived to get my butt into a driving school seat ! Bit anxious too Either May 28th, or June 3rd, well I'm thinking why waste any more time, and take the 28th date!

The local WIOA ran out of funding last month or so, now they have it fixed, sort of. Which has kept me in a holding pattern

Seems this local school (Skyway) got on board thru the county to be training drivers Of course, they bumped up their rate for training of $2,000, to $5,000 ! Since county is footing the bill.....BUT, the county is only going to pay $3,500 from now on, so I was accepted at the school for $3500

Roadmasters has been trying to get it thru to accept me as well for that lower rate, but nothing yet. Too bad ,because I'd liked to drive for Werner, which I seen also hires from Skyway according to schools site..

I need to go with whoever comes thru first, and get 'r done! Don't really care from which school. Not used to being out of work and broke for so long ! Otherwise I would have just went with paid company training months ago.

Skyway only operates 5 days a week , from 8am-5pm and is just 6 or 7 miles from home. So it should be 4 weeks long....Their yards not very big graveled, they do have another yard few blocks away in the industrial area....Reviews weren't too good but hey I don't believe stuff til I see and experience it for myself.

Now, I was messaged from Covenant the other day, wanting me to go there, just like CRST ,,,no thanks to team driving.

And today May trucking called me today, after researching them, they could be a possibility too! Have to call the recruiter back and see, she mentioned in her voice mail I can get a pre-hire letter. Seeing they run 11 western and o.t.r, sounds tempting too.....Like to start out OTR, then go from there

So anyway, I need to call my case worker, and May trucking, and get full details etc and get this boat sailing! I do feel pretty confident, since my time here @ T.T has been so long, and a good learning experience, to keep my head screwed on straightin this industry.

I'm used to working lonnng hours, and some not even getting paid for, part of the job turning wrenches. Getting used to driving 10-12 hours will be next to get thru...Sleeping on a moving truck won't even be an issue lol

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Jury Duty

I've only reported once, way back in 1980's, downtown L.A. , Now I toss notices in trash, haven't had a job that paid for my time away serving, so wasn't even an option for me to show up .......I'd just tell them "if they are in jail and in court they must be guilty" lol (JOKING)

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Terminated by Schneider

What I get from reading this series of events,

if I was you Christian, the 6 months with 1st truck and no events, I'd use that. Explaining in calm and relaxed fashion, that most if not all of those critical events (26?) between you, and your co-driver have to be related somehow to the New truck's system ! Since it "sounds" like all your troubles started with the new truck Because it seems you both racked up way too many so quick, to not have been told something, by someone,way before this all transpired!

Funny, how your 1st DBL quit/left while you were on home time?? Not knowing how you and he got along or not, or if ya'll had some bad blood for some reason?

All I know is,if it was me and my lively hood at stake, I'd try like hell to remedy the problem, and not just ''go away'' so easily.........But I don't know as much yet ,since am not driving yet ....