Comments By Stevo Reno

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0530495001552587691-18588.jpg avatar
  • Stevo Reno
  • Comments:

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Going north!

Headed south. Doral Fl. 16 miles past Miami dont even got Super Bowl tickets lol

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Driver fatality

1 of our drivers, he is kinda my mentor. Met him the very 1st day I got to the terminal @ CRST

Sadly , almost 2 weeks ago, on I-40 in NM, they were parked in stopped traffic due to an accident ahead, already for over 20 minutes. He had his 4 ways on and brakes set waiting..... Suddenly he feels trailer jump from impact. Guess some guy, wasn't paying attention, slammed into the DOT bumper bent it at 90 degree angle almost touching trailer tires, tore a gash in right rear door of trailer (loaded).

He saw smoke (air bags deployed) jump out to go see what happened, too late car was wedged under trailer, caved in to rear door dead on impact. Some things you can't UNsee, it shook him up for few days. Of course all big shots insurance safety etc were on scene.

Witness's said guy veered left without even touching his brakes,no skid marks @ 70+ mph. Never knew what he hit unfortunately. Cell phone was found in his lap, no holder on dash, said it took emergency crew over an hour to extricate the body... :( 53 yr old from Arkansas. Both drivers were separated and interrogated by lawyers etc......Was stranded 3+ days while investigation done. Sent me the 2 pics 1 of bumoer without car, and 1 from front of tractor of car wedged in tight.....I don't EVER wanna see or witness such a horrific event .. lawyers........Cell phones are becoming a new epidemic in accidents, now days.........Put the damn phone AWAY !

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

Driving a Greyhound Bus?

My step dad drove tour buses for a bit. His moms boyfriend had a small fleet outta southgate i think.

Dad took us for ride up to the snow in a bus.

Biggest thing I remember ,he took a bunch of older folks to the"Let"s Make A Deal" show.

After Robert Kennedy was shot, and the news showed Sirhan Sirhans face, dad jumped up yelling. " I saw that dude at the game show 2 rows in front of me!! 2 days before the shooting......Said he had black brief case and had black leather gloves on.....Dad thought it was a bit off at the time.

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

Prime Lease Update

Curious Pack Rat why was brake chamber replaced?? Only thing that fails on them in my years working of class 8 trucks, were the service diaphram rips/tears once in blue moon the steel disc bends or breaks off shaft (rare)

Lock out the spring remove top half slap a new diaphram in n go lol......( failure was usually from not draining the air tanks, sludge n oil build up rots the rubber?

Eh not sumpin a company driver needs to worry about since they aint payin' dancing.gifdancing.gif

Posted:  4 weeks, 1 day ago

Catch 22 for Former Felons

Fresh into industry they want 3 years.....Or letters from people who know him and state his character etc Maybe even his parole officer can give him a good reference, he was model prisoner , etc etc.... I drive teams with CRST, you should see some the people they bring in ! hahahaha Cedar Rapids main hub / school even has worse "looking" people sure lot are past felons or did time....

Sucks dealing with not getting a chance to prove himself. Very Good Luck in this endeavor don't give up hope !!

Posted:  1 month ago

Caught Kearsey Live Feed! It was Cool!

G-Town same as always in anytime of vehicle lol be on extra look out for everyone around me

Haven't had an accident in 45 years of driving and really dont plan to especially in a cmv where, things can get nasty really fast!

Probably luckier we weren't under load or a trailer @ the time. Were headed to grab the preloaded trailer.

Posted:  1 month ago

Caught Kearsey Live Feed! It was Cool!

Was in Jersey City blehhhhh you can keep it!! Roads suck etc lol got 4 points on critical braking.....safety gunna get it removed..

Some Idiot couldn't decide at a Y split on I9 stops dead in front of me partly turning to left of the fork in road,,,I brake, then they start to come back to right, inmy path. I brake again and veer right to keep from hitting them n shoving em right into the center pointed barricade!!!.....

whewwww short check moment....Happened all within mere second or 2 like so dang close!!.....Good thing I was on hyper alert hahaha Add Joisey to list of places I dont wanna visit often if ever again!!!

Posted:  1 month ago

Best route from Anaheim to Chicago

Ugh next fed ex load outta Keasbey NJ to Sac town another 2900 mile run lol turn n burn

Posted:  1 month ago

Best route from Anaheim to Chicago

Looking at route I think I would take I40 to Memphis then I55 north to Illinois. Depends weather on 55 I see it splits off to I57 headed same area Chi town

Know I 40 all the way to TN & Wv clear roads and weather ....It "was" trying to snow barely thru mountains of WV

Posted:  1 month ago

Best route from Anaheim to Chicago

We ( @ CRST ) Are NOT allowed on western end of I 70 period guess around Co. Is pretty nasty .....Currently we are 90 mioes from our CT fed ex drop.....parked in Newburgh NY.....I-40 all the way out to I-81 N was clear sailing. Headed onto I-84 E. To CT 15 .....Great Lakes area is under lots of snow & ice I been told ughhh

Posted:  1 month ago

Caught Kearsey Live Feed! It was Cool!

You may be right Pack Rat duhhhh I forgot bout the dungeon.she has.... They probably heard of it too hence refuse to answer with a YUPP lolrofl-1.gif

Posted:  1 month ago

Caught Kearsey Live Feed! It was Cool!

I know Prime is a biggg company but dayyum everytime I talk to a Primate, I ask em if they know this chick "Rainy D" or as known now Kearsey lol. None have answered Yes...... YET !! LOL ok back to drivin ....Tenn.... Middletown, CT is gettin closer ......next need load bk to Phx. New co's mom turns 99 next week he wants to be there.

Posted:  1 month ago

Quick Update (Sorta)

Note i said in the rain on curves n downhills lol. Guess ya never seen a piston and rod assembly break off the crank, and break thru the block ,and land in the frame rail lol. I have, lol 3 times

Posted:  1 month ago

Quick Update (Sorta)

New team mate older guy met at terminal brought him over to my 2019 FL & DM's board......1st load we got out on is 2800 mile fed ex load to CT he is at the wheel now BIG difference lol off to sleeper berth for me....LOT Less pit stops with him too not like old Co-driver lol

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Know anything about Forward Air? (RE: CDL-B gig)

rofl-2.gif hahaha Marc maybe he is pshycic?? sorry to hear that BLNT dude

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

I am uncomfortable taking an on-site sleep study-I already have 2 year medical card

Yeah weird they took my prior physical from July, in Sept. i just had to pee in a cup

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Know anything about Forward Air? (RE: CDL-B gig)

Maybe your depth perceptions a little off Marco ?? Just a matter of geometry/angles

Or did they have some set limits to get better at it??

Well eventually you WILL find your "niche"

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Quick Update (Sorta)

Been at our Riverside terminal 13 days now. Came in Jan 4th for few days home time after 1 month out, worked xmas n NYrs day upper midwest area. Finally found a new co-driver today I been talking to off n on and seen him around since I started. He is about my age, has winter driving experience and also wants to run miles!

Unlike my 1st/last co-driver! He could'nt pull his weight, would not get sleep, doze in passenger seat, wake up at bumps n warn me of curves, downhills etc, just plain drive me nuts! He couldn't drive good too fidgety, playing with cell, sending voice clips back n forth AS he drove! Over use the Jakes as his only real slowing or stopping source, down into 3 even on flats, or in rains etc. NO ONE ever scares me driving, but HE did! Told him 3rd jake is worst case scenario use dumbazz you're gunna break something sometime lol

Anyways, he finally called me today telling me he is taking this "grass is greener" .50 a mile cash gig with a small company 40-50 trucks in Biz 6 years HAHA Wouldn't listen to me he is taking big risk at word of mouth and still has a contract here to finish up, tried to convince me to go with him yada yada but nope I got my own plan of action and will stay here with CRST (at very least to finish my contract) !!

So tomorrow we should have a load and get back at it, luckily I have no debt or bills so this break didn't hurt too much. I did drive our shuttle van a few days making runs to wal-mart and airport pickup's......And this older gent works out, he is cool , we have the same kind of mellow relaxed attitude , work ethic,and seems to know his doo-doo lol we'll see..... Sticking with my DM as well, he takes care of any issues or lay over pay etc and gives us long 2000+ runs 95% of the time (xmas we had short 900 mile pick up runs filling gaps while others out for holidays)

almost halfway thru the 10 months dancing-banana.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-dog.gifundefined

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Trainer unsafe practices

Reminds me of this line;

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it.confused.gifrofl-3.gifgood-luck.gif

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

unsafe practices during training

Hmmmm sounds familiar.....David how long were you on his truck? and he was a lease op? lol We kinda rescued a Korean trainee 2 weeks ago off her leads truck at our Carlisle PA terminal. She had been on his truck 10 days, driven ZERO days, yet he told other drivers she was excellent driver her 1st week. He told my co driver don't talk to her! He had dillusions she was gunna be his woman later.....pfffft......Once he wasn't around she asked us how she can get off his truck their DM wasn't helping her do so.........Next day she text my co-driver and told him she finally escaped his truck, and thanked us....