Comments By Dennis R.

https://gomotors.net/pics/Peterbilt/peterbilt-379-02.jpg avatar
  • Dennis R.
  • Comments:

Company sponsored training hiring private school students?

There is plenty of money to be made in the freight business,both for the driver and company. Your job,if you chose to accept it,will be to find a company,willing to pay you an honest rate of pay,without cheating you. Easier said than done.

Company sponsored training hiring private school students?

The big companies,never have enough people,to accomplish,their work load. They hire kids out of school,give them a title..manager..and let them learn..they rarely realize every minute,is important,to the driver..they go home after 8 hours and pass the buck to another student for the night..probably studying for his batchelors degree,while answering your calls. Endless revolving door of people,hungry to be over worked. Large corps are notorious for waste,and getting simething accimplished at a mega..is impossible. Ive had 2 palets of cookies on my truck for 10 days..missed appt 1 was not my fault,picked up load in boston monday,drive to seattle by friday evening..sit all weekend,try to deliver am..we have no appt..come back wednesday? See what I mean?

Celadon school on the air

They use the local motels,laquinta,quality,and ramada. Want to visit the roach motel..visit cre..and the rap squad.

Company sponsored training hiring private school students?

Any school you attend,will have nearly every trucking company at the school,telling you how great their company is. When you get out on the road,talk to other drivers. All big mega carriers,only care about share holders and profit,your strickly going to be a number. Get your license wherever you can,get a few years experience,then find a small family run busuness,where you can talk to the owner directly. Youll never be appreciated at a mega truck company.

Celadon school on the air

Seriously,its not that bad..rooms are not bug unfested,their terminals are clean,and the ramada has a pool and hot tub. My contract is nearly finished,120 k mileage in 9 months...my cdl lasts a lifetime. That being said,I gave notice I intend to leave,and Ive been under serveilance 24-7. My qualcom used to come on maybe every 8 hours while parked..recently its lit up 24-7. Guess most drivers abandon their trucks..I wont do that. But its funny how things change,when they realize,you no longer owe them.

Best flatbed program

Ive got a year experience driving otr,and want to give flatbed a try. Anyone gone the flatbed route,and made a decent income? Thanks

Celadon Driving Academy Denver

Ive talked to students at multiple locations..same school that you experienced at indy. Normal student will take 4-6 weeks to get cdl,then one month with trainer. Figure 60 days from Orientation,to your own truck.

Maverick Orientation

All those trucks look impressive,sitting at the termunal but...they would look more impressive,on the road.

Doubles & Triples???

Animal lovers kill me. I dont purposely want to kill anything,but if it crosses the road,its going to meet its death..not me.

My first scary situation

West is definately the prettier side of the country,truck stops everywhere,and heavy traffic,only in major cities. Roads are much better maintained,due to climate,and less traffic. This is where O/O have a great advantage..I would never go east of Chicago as a O /O.

When you gotta go

Dont get caught,with any evidence,unless you have a hazmat endorsement,and bill of lading.wtf.gif

Hey!

Seriously,dot finds that evidence,its considered medical waste,hazardous material.

When you gotta go

When you gotta go

The five gallon bucket looks well thought out.embarrassed.gif

Truck driver fells 30-foot tree, drags it 2 miles, police say

That will teach um to keep putting in round abouts. Hope it was around the TA and pilot,in Arkansas.thank-you.gif

My first scary situation

Jake brake has a lot to do with gear selection,a truck with powerfull jake,will be able to use a higher gear,and more speed,and be safe. A truck with weak jake,will need to downshift another gear,which means top speed,will be less.

My first scary situation

The best area to learn braking skills is Vail Colorado,huge signage warning you to stay in low gear..the best one being the last one,near the bottom. Attention truckers..your not done yet..still more miles at 6% grade,of twisty roads.,,dancing-banana.gifgood-luck-2.gifgood-luck.gif

Doubles & Triples???

I can certainly see why most trucks are governed,I was driving through Bozeman Mt on Friday,conditions were snow and ice,temp was 27. Everyone blowing by me,like the roads were dry. A driver lost his life at mm 308. Was the load that important? What happens when doubles,lose traction on ice? I dont want to find out.

Toy truck?!

When your practicing backing for real,the secret,is knowing when to straighten,your steer tires,thus pivoting the trailer. There is actually a few truck driving sims you can use to practice backing in a virtual world. Helped me out greatly.

Help me i just wanted a job

Celadon pays 41 cpm to run east coast,out of columbus. Refresher course would be 5 days.Friend of mine averages 2500-3000 k mileage.

Doubles & Triples???

Doubles and triples,are usually line haul,and get you home daily,and it pays more but..Im in no hurry to attempt wiggle wagons. Ive seen plenty of fatal wrecks,to realize,money is not my first priority out here.