Comments By George G.

https://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae28/ggross144/1482981858840-287650692.jpg avatar

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Companies that will hire with a 15 and over.

Indeed they do appear to be a rather good company Sue D. I put my initial applications in with Prime, Roehl, C. R. England, and the auto submit application from this website. C. R. England was the first to respond with a go ahead for schooling, Roehl was the second though Roehl is the one I was hoping to hear from. The whole idea of being paid the whole time sounds just so lovely to me and my bank account....not to mention all my bills.

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

DOT

I think they were using at the time of post.....rofl-3.gif

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Companies that will hire with a 15 and over.

Just an update, got off the phone with Roehl and they are more than happy to accept me with that being the only thing on my record. Rather exciting as I think I would rather work for Roehl. Decisions decisions.

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

How exactly does all of this work?

When you are given a load it is my understanding that you are to plan a route to get it done. Are you given a certain number of miles that you are not allowed to exceed? I am aware that there are timeframes and my understanding this far is that your good as long as you make it in your time frame. Anyone care to break it down for a rookie?

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Companies that will hire with a 15 and over.

@Farmerbob that sounds like a wonderful suggestion. cheers

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Cr england utah starting on 1/3/2017

Im looking forward to this. I will be starting 16jun17. Good luck!

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Companies that will hire with a 15 and over.

CR England has run me through their entire recruiting spill and has me set up to do school on the 16th of January, the DOT physical tomorrow. All of that moved a bit faster than I expected.

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Companies that will hire with a 15 and over.

Will do, thanks for the input.

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Companies that will hire with a 15 and over.

I was in georgia doing 50 in a 35. I saw the sign for 45 but never the sign for 35. The sheriff was not too concerned with that though.

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Companies that will hire with a 15 and over.

So far I have only heard back from wil trans. That is the only thing on my record. I'm squeeky clean other than that. The things we do for money.embarrassed.gif

Posted:  6 years, 1 month ago

Companies that will hire with a 15 and over.

Hello all,

Recent employment opportunities going sour has made me decide now is the time to finally get into trucking.

My record has one ticket on it and that is 15 mph over the limit. Im not going to bore you with how and where I got the ticket. My point behind this post is to let all know which companies do not cringe at the mere mention of my ticket. Thus far I have spoken with wil trans and they said anything 15 and over needs to be 3 years old.

Posted:  8 years ago

Internet and WiFi on the road

Do keep in mind that using software to bypass the carriers "tethering" option on your phone will not give you extra or free data, it only allows you to tether at no extra charge. From what I understand, Verizon and AT&T don't really care any more if you tether or if you use the data on your phone directly, since they've abolished "unlimited" data, they actually want you to use up your allotment and go over, they make a killing when they get to hit you with overage charges.

That said, I think T-Mobile & Metro PCS is the carrier to keep an eye on, they are the only carrier still offering truly unlimited LTE right now.... and they are expanding/upgrading their network like crazy. They have gone from 0 LTE footprint to I think over 260 Million in coverage in less than two years. and they are now rolling out 700Mhz coverage this year that will start giving way better coverage in many areas (you just need to make sure you get a phone that is compatible with 700Mhz Band 12 frequencies) By the way, I am NOT in any way affiliated with TMUS other than being an interested customer. They must be doing something right, they gained more than 8 Million new customers in 2014.

Sir, I do not know of which foreign language you are using here but I think that was an insult! (Only kidding of course) where do you come across such wonderful information?confused.gifsmile.gif

Posted:  8 years ago

Fitness

Thank you everyone for the replies. I do remember seeing something about a fold up bike and something about a scooter. I dig the bike idea but the scooter.....well I'm 73 inches tall so I don't see that happening.

Has anyone ever witnessed a portable/collapsible/travel friendly bench? Perhaps some ideas as to a bench substitute? This is something I think I would get a great deal of use out of. After sitting for such extended periods of time I would have to do something moderate to high intensity.

Brings me to another question. Does anyone have a solution for an effective portable shower? I understand there are truck stop showers. I also understand you won't always get to a truck stop.

Thanks a ton everyone!

Posted:  8 years ago

Fitness

Hello all,

This is my first time posting, but most certainly not my first time around TT. Having browsed the site on and off for the last year and a half or so I figured it was time to sign up and post!

I have read in many of Daniel B's threads about his tea habits and healthier eating lifestyle. (Thanks for all the superb information Daniel!) One thing that has been staying with me is this, do any of you find it possible to keep any form of a fitness routine living life on the road?