Profile For Jeremy

Jeremy's Info

Gloversville, NY

Experienced Driver

4 years, 8 months ago

Jeremy's Bio

Just a squirrel tryin to get a nut

Jeremy's Photo Gallery

Posted:  4 days, 10 hours ago

Trainer kicked me off the truck tonight!

It takes a much thicker skin to make it in trucking than what im hearing here the first time a shipper or receiver loses there mind on these guys or dispatcher gets on them i hope they are capable of handleing it properly and argueing crying or having a temper tantrum is not going to work you WILL meet the rudest dirtiest meanest smelliest most dangerous people this country has to offer no thats not all truckers or shippers/receivers matter of fact it a small percentage but i promise you that youll meet both the best of the best and the worst of the worst

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Hauling the big stuff tonight 60+’

Gotta be the most illegal flat bed load ive ever seen and i try to tarp my best but i had a lil help last night those are brand new tarps which makes life cleaner and easier

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Hauling the big stuff tonight 60+’

Steel mostly i beams and box beams

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Hauling the big stuff tonight 60+’

Worked up a sweat chaining tarping and strapping this one lol

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Seeking solo otr

Well im pretty sure some of my wake up words came directly from you Most of us are type A so its tough to be called out even if its in their best interest Def dont stop what you are doing even if we dont “get it” at the time if your serious about your job those words stick with you im proof of that

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Seeking solo otr

I guess i was fortunate starting northeast regional but my cpm wasnt spectacular i just brought a very strong work ethic and learned how to make the absolute most of my schedule which is very involved and i should post how i accomplished what i did although i admit i had moments ar around 6 months in when i became top producer in a company of about 70 and i let it kinda get to my head Needless to say i was properly put in my place here at tt and like a know it all i went away mad for a few months but the words spoken to me stuck with me and i came back humbled and i believe now 3 yrs later ive grown to be what i consider to be a complete trucker and i attribute alot of that too tt even if i didnt like everything i heard it almost always went that way. I guess my point is i was kinda where this guy was once and i wish people like myself then or him now would just swallow pride and listen cause without the experience one real screw up is most likely the end of a potentially life changing carreer. Sorry for babbling im not well spoken but im sure yall catch my drift

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Seeking solo otr

Well seems ya got everything figured out and under control now best of luck to you driver

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Fired from an accident

Eagle express does alot out of that area dont they?

Posted:  2 weeks ago

What would you do? (Icy roads)

Dont ya love it turtle something about this part of the mohawk valley really attracts the worst weather even worse when ya climb the mountain where i live in caroga it can be a whole different world up here

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

High-hooking a trailer

Id def say you nailed it with your final statement brett unfortunately by pure nature of the job truck driving seems to push people to a whole new level of lazy due to the lack of exercise time and ambition ive certainly had my moments mostly due to extreme weather but weve just gotta keep our heads about us and push to do the same things every single day till its not even a thought that we HAVE to get out of the truck for some things we HAVE to do thorough pre and post trips we have to check tire pressures (number one reason for flats) and we have to take ten seconds to inspect trailer heights before just backing under them and lets not forget to bend over and get your flashlight on those jaws to make sure they fully engage too ive seen plenty of trailers droped due to that lack of a 3second inspection

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Choosing A GPS System

You can punch in all your preferences on the rm no dirtroads or all the other places you wouldnt wanna be with truck

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Choosing A GPS System

I agree packrat i couldnt use the protective case on mine every bump jarred it off not to many issue as it comes out of the box

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Choosing A GPS System

I have absolutely no complaints about the tnd series of rand mcnally easy to use and has never ever done me wrong

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Fired from an accident

No responses leads me to believe maybe this wasnt such a small incident i know extensive vehicle or property damage is very bad but personal injury is practically a death sentence as the lawyers are many and the cmv driver has almost no defense so the lawsuits are huge. As it should be i know as a driver i like to think my family is safe out there on the roads but as i see every single night many of my “truck driver brotheren” do not have there heads in the game at all

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Seeking solo otr

Im not saying .29cpm isnt a bit low if theres no bonus or accesorials or anything but im guessing you knew what you were gonna be paid and still accepted the job my advice stick it out for 1 yr maximize your skills and time management and in one year when your qualified for a higher paying job youll have already worked out your own bugs and be ready to get out and make a killing

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Rookie who can’t stand otr training

Its a tough one but id give the same advice i gave my 22 yr old step daughter who went to prime on my advice even though i personally dont like the way they do things its still a company with alot of freight and the experience in all the climates and landscapes i believe is experience thats irreplaceable driving locally but more importantly she signed a one year contract and honoring your obligations speak volumes of who sheis as a person she stuck it out is at 16 months and looking for a regional job which i fully support. She faced alot of things out there and made it through it a better person in the end and is now on her way to a lifelong carreer than can provide her a comfortable life

So my advice is stick it out itll be tough at times but get your year then decide where your future is gonna take u

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Setting up Geotab for a Ryder Rental Truck

Didnt you get my reply that was directly from my regional manager

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Seeking solo otr

2 months experience is an issue Automatic restriction is an issue Unrealistic expectation of .50cpm is a big issue for the record my first yr otr northeast regional home every weekend i made over 70k at .32cpm with .06cpm bonus in my personal opinion its about learning workin hard and efficiently and proving your worth i did all that for 3 yrs while making over 70k all 3 years and now ive earned myself a home daily roughly 10 hours of total work mon thru friday sleep in my own bed and make around 100k. Persistantly being the best safest most proactive driver will reap great benefits

Posted:  2 weeks, 5 days ago

GeoTab

I drive for ryder manager i asked if its a short rental run paper if its a lease talk to them theyll set you up with geotab account

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago