Comments By Jeremy

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0008090001515986722-37120.jpg avatar
  • Jeremy
  • Comments:

Posted:  1 month ago

Advice Please

Tonsil removal for an adult can be a literal nightmare and can take a month or more for those doubting her yes some bounce back quick but its common for infections slow healing and extreme pain also keep that in mind the pain medication you will absolutely require is a big no no so keep all paperwork

Posted:  1 month ago

When did you decide you were an experienced driver?

Jyd and real at a year succesful its ok to consider yourself experienced and i know it used to be the criteria here for changing your status there is a very big difference between experienced and top tier be proud of your accomplishments it only gets better from there im about to wrap up year 3 and ive been through alot what brett said in his second comment is so true i hear it everytime im at our shop long time drivers that hate everything thats why they drive 2012’s with a million miles and i drive a brand new truck with now 65k miles theres 5 of us in a company of about 80 trucks and drivers

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Get out of the truck and explore

Awesome thats on my bucket list

One year in the books

Congrats now you get to change yourself from rookie to experienced

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Company flipping me from day driving to night driving over and over

Sounds alot like trucking for sure

Free shower every day

Im guessing he was more talking of the time to shower and lack of parking where he couldve showered

CR England Hybrid Electric Trucks

I agree rick is that added weight from the motor and batteries added to the diesel engine weight effective to save enough money in fuel to make it worth carrying less freight

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Are Volvo trucks all automatic?

Not all the new trucks are automatic you get what you order whether its a 10-13-18 speed manuel or an autoshift i think myself that you limit yourself in opportunities if you get the restriction but thats just me and i like options

Using The Throttle While Letting Out On The Clutch

Brett im not well written but that was all my sentiment glad to see i am not alone in feeling like that is right Hope your enjoying this amazing weather were havin in the adks this weekend sittin at the lake fishin with the family myself right now life dont get any better

Using The Throttle While Letting Out On The Clutch

I only use my clutch for start up personally As i was taught and experienced if the engine at an idle cant initiate moving forward with stalling than your in to high of a gear in my eperience 3rd is perfect everywhere except steep hills then ill use 2nd as not to sit there slipping the clutch

How is the freight??

I think if you prove yourself as a hard worker youll stay plenty busy

Using The Throttle While Letting Out On The Clutch

Yea that was my sentiments exactly this is why im baffled as to the school training her to use the throttle so im training her on the weekends the right way

Using The Throttle While Letting Out On The Clutch

Thanks i thought i was crazy this school sucks that she is attending i hope she gets her license so i can actually teach her how to drive a truck properly

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Who adds remarks to elogs?

Absolutely

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

ABF Driver Development Program Opportunity, Your thoughts .

If you stayed in long island it wouldnt be so bad ime but if you gotta go to the city i wouldnt advise it driving it your whole life and drivin it in a truck is 2 dif worlds

Using The Throttle While Letting Out On The Clutch

So my wifes at cdl school same one i went to and i was taught and practiced to release the clutch on initial take off with no accelerator and let the governor do the work and they are teaching her to use the peddle and lots of them including her have had stalling issues in my experience that is because you didnt let the truck do the work any input on that i feel like they are doing her and the class an injustice idk maybe im wrong but its the way i learned and ive nailed it my whole driving career

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

How Many Times Do You ACTUALLY UNLOAD YOURSELF?

I filled in doing some ace hardware loads which were liftgate with electric pallet jack not a bad gig and paid well ive done a couple small yogurt loads by pallet jack that also had light breakdown too also easy and paid really well and one time at walmart i unloaded which sucked and only paid 50$ ive never made that choice again lol

How do people survive

^^^^thats a true story i only work 5 days a week but i still use almost every minute of my 70 every single week i dont know if youve ever put in those kind of hours before but ive been doing it for 3 yrs now and i can guarantee you its not an easy 70 either

Extra Pay

I assume travel allowance is a per diem idk maybe im wrong but i get one flat amount per day with mine the company gives me my “bonus check” as well as my pay check my take home in my pay check is usually between 1000-1200 and my bonus check is between 200-400 that per diem def drops my yearly salary on paper though

Rick C... Here's Why I Don't Focus on Detention Pay

Def all about trip planning time management and hard work my checks look very similar every week and i get to spend every weekend at home Ps to the new drivers you earn this kinda miles and paychecks dont expect them right out of training