Comments By Ernie S. (AKA Old Salty Dog)

https://photos.truckingtruth.com/thumbs/3790/thumb-1497808436.007.jpg avatar

Home time

Good luck with your procedure.

Thanks. I'm sure all will turn out just fine.

Ernie

FMCSA clarifies personal conveyance - "even if laden"

I have already used this new provision a couple of times. It sure is useful if used properly. But I agree, it will be abused. You can bank on that being a fact.

Home time

Well, I have a medical procedure that I have coming up. It is related to my cancer treatments from 3 years ago.

I'll be home until just after thanksgiving (if all goes well). So I'll be monitoring the forum a lot more than I usually do until I go back to work.

If anyone happens to be in or around the Norfolk VA area, let me know and we can try to arrange to meet up for coffee possibly.

Prime CDL Training

Ok, for all you folks that might want one of these blankets. My cousin charged $400 for the blanket, $200 up front, $200 when she is done, that includes shipping. It takes 2 - 3 months to make each one.

Chris,

I'll ask her later today and get back with you.

Kim, sorry to have hijacked your thread.

Prime CDL Training

That is a nice afghan.....I mean it would be better with a STEELERS logo...but nevertheless.....very nice.

My cousin still makes them. She has all the NFL logos. I can find out how much she charges for one. As I recall, it takes about 2 to 3 months for her to make one.

Let me know if you want one.

Prime CDL Training

That's pretty awesome Ernie. Well... all except for the whole Seahawks thing. But I won't hold that against you haha

Since the NFL (or at least a major portion of the players) has started kneeling, I don't watch. Although I never watched much anyway.

My cousin made that blanket for my birthday, so I'll never part with it.

0031678001539745417.jpg

Prime CDL Training

Thanks Turtle. Last time I posted photos you had to go through another site to do it.

Prime CDL Training

Ok, I must be getting very forgetful in my old age. I can't remember how to upload pictures here on the forum.

I've done it in the past, but not enough to remember the steps.

Thanks in advance for helping this old codger.

Prime CDL Training

Hey Ernie! Please do, I’d love to see it. Hope you are doing well.

I'm doing well.

However, it sucks getting old. Had 2 Dr visits this last time home and next visit I'll be out 2+ weeks because of lab workups and outpatient procedure.

I will get that picture here shortly as soon as I remember how to post a picture here on the forum.

Prime CDL Training

Glad to hear you are doing well. One of these days I'll take picture of a blanket one of my cousins crocheted for my almost 20 years ago that I keep on my truck in the winter.

Companies That Hire with Automatic Restriction

Same goes for Prime. Most of their fleet are now AutoShift.

I'm headed to Springfield Prime Fri

Prime may not appreciate me pulling in🤭🤭

Ya think?

Log Management ... HOS

Chuck S,

As you can see from all the reply's, it depends mostly on how this game called trucking plays out for you on a daily basis.

As it has been mentioned, my game plan for managing my hours all depends on the present load I'm on as to how I manage my time. Some loads require I run my clock out every day, others lets me take my time.

Just because your method works well for you, doesn't mean it's the only way to do this. So by telling all these new people it's the only game in town is really doing them a dis-service.

Just my 2 cents worth on this subject.

I'm headed to Springfield Prime Fri

Anyome gonna be in the terminal? Ernie and Turtle its about time.we meet.

Any newbies arriving or TnTs... my treat at Fire n Ice restaurant.

i should be there Fri thru Mon.

Sorry Rainy, I'm on home time right now. Not leaving out until early next week. Getting together will happen when it happens.

I passed!!!!! I’m an official CDL A truck driver!!!! shocked.png

Outstanding..... We all knew you could do it.......Congrats.....

Prime CDL Training

Today was pretty difficult. My trainer and I went to the pad to practice backing. We worked on left side offset, right side offset, and alley dock. I absolutely could not get it. It would not click. I am so aggravated with myself. I know I will get it but today was not the day. Trying to tell myself that this is only day two of pad training, we only had a pad for two hours last night, and two hours today. I eventually succeeded in doing a right side offset. I’ll get it. I better get it. It better click...very soon.

Don't beat yourself up too bad. Try not to over think things. Listen to your trainer, it will come along just fine.

I just met Rainy!!! smile.gif

Good deal. I might get to one day. Ya never know.

Kim T.,

Sounds like you are doing just fine so far. Before you know it, you'll be testing out and have that CDL. Then the real fun begins, learning all the things you need to know to survive out here on the road.