Comments By Nathan N.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/128.jpg avatar
  • Nathan N.
  • Comments:

Well I'm screwed.

Please keep us updated on how this turns out. Thanks

Rest in peace mr. steve Russell

Steve Russell, founder of trucking company CELADON, dies at age 76.

DON'T WORK FOR SWIFT? ... NOT!

Yes, GP does paper. Loads include big bales of cardboard, tissue & towels, and huge rolls of Kraft paper.

GP Crossett is one of my main hang outs. And my favorite Walmart.

I thought Georgia Pacific sounded familiar, picked up some tissue and took it to indianapolis a few days ago. Maybe we will cross paths down there one of these days.lol

DON'T WORK FOR SWIFT? ... NOT!

Errol, would you happen to know if Swift offers any dedicated routes around Memphis? I'm originally from Byhalia, MS, and nearly my whole family lives there. I'd like to live in Desoto County, MS, but I'm not familiar with the options Swift has to offer around Memphis. I've heard about Walmart dedicated routes in Shelbyville, TN, but are there any routes closer to Memphis?

Thanks.

Currently I drive a dedicated Georgia Pacific account. I do business for GP as if I work for them. This account gets me home on weekends for at least 34 hours. I tried to get into this account right after my road/mentor training, but "they" wouldn't let me. Had to go OTR for a while.

Georgia Pacific, is that a paper company? If so, do you go to the Georgia Pacific down in crossett arkansas?

And we're off!

This is my favorite post, keep the posts coming!!

I Passed!

Congrats man, seems like yesterday you were talkin about that long dreaded bus ride to utah.lol

And we're off!

Santa fe springs isn't too bad, I just drove i70 east through Kansas and you are right about that dang wind!

Posted:  4 years ago

Over before it started

Thanks. I have applied to Celadon. Unfortunately, Roehl isn't hiring in my area. But ty for the info.

Good luck, you can do it!

Posted:  4 years ago

Over before it started

I would love to drive for CRST, but they are the only company to turn my wife down lol. A rolling stop got her a careless ticket four years ago. No one else has cared about it.

Celadon has great training and loves teams. You guys could try them out.

Posted:  4 years ago

In serious need of a pep talk...

I'm not sure if this will help or not but I waited almost 2 years to get a job trucking after I got my cdl. As long as your company makes you go with a trainer over the road , you will be just fine. I don't think anyone is actually completely ready to go solo for the first time. Good luck!!

Posted:  4 years ago

10 speed transmission question?

Hahaha now this is a good thread.

Posted:  4 years ago

Celedon

Do they run all teams or solo too?

No they have just about every division including solo.

Posted:  4 years ago

Celedon

I run team with celadon. I love this company, can honestly say I don't have anything bad to say about them. But just like any other company, how well you do with a company is based off of the work you put into it.

Posted:  4 years ago

Ghetto shut down locations

The Pilot off the Atlanta, GA. 285 bypass is to be avoided. It is the one located on Bouldercrest Rd. It's in a rough part of town, and parking is free, so you can imagine what type of activity you can expect.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that some drivers look for anyplace that their truck will fit. However, this can be a huge mistake as Jason Rivenburg found out back in 2009. Thank goodness they were able to bring his killer to justice, with a life sentence without parole.

Here is an article about the crime, and his family's efforts to seek legislation for safer truck parking. It is a subject that all drivers need to give serious consideration, before shutting down for the night.

Slain Truckers Family Seeks Legislation for Safer Truck Parking

holy crap I had no idea, I parked there 2 weeks ago. But I paid for reserve parking, the lot was full.

Posted:  4 years ago

A Friendly Reminder...

Thanks anchorman! That means one more hour of daylight for me!! (I drive midnight to noon)

Posted:  4 years ago

Company CDL training programs with short after-graduation contract times?

Not a knock on age Nathan. Don,t take it personally. I would assume that you have read this entire thread. Richard seems to want something for nothing. You don't sound like that guy. Yes, Older and Wiser. I have been working almost twice as long as you have been alive, not a knock, just a fact. We learn from our successes and FAILURES! I have plenty of both. Richard seems to think that he can start at the top with no investment of either time or experience. Again that does not sound like you. You started at the bottom and are working your way up in your early 20's. I am going to start at the bottom and work my way up in my mid 50's. His age was only one of 7 questions that I posed to him, then followed up with some of my stats. I'm trying to get the big picture from him so people on this Forum can help him to see if this career is for him, or if his expectations don't match up with reality. That's all. Keep working hard, save lots of money, and you won't end up like this Old Man trying to catch up on the money HE DIDN'T save in his 20's and 30's

Haha completely agree with you, I've read this whole post and I'm guessing the OP will not be showing back up here. I was just stating, some people just never grow up even if their age is older.

Posted:  4 years ago

Does anyone know? Backing related

Hey kaydie welcome to the team! My brother and I run team with celadon. He went through training in Indy and said there is no alley dock for the cdl test, but they will teach you how to alley dock when you go to orientation after you get your cdl.

Posted:  4 years ago

Company CDL training programs with short after-graduation contract times?

I have a question for you Tractor man. What does the OP's age have to do with anything? And before you get started with a post about the older the wiser the more experience type stuff, I'm 22 years old out here doing the same thing as everyone else. Not all young people are ignorant or self entitled little *******s, i would say just about 95% are.

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

What truck would you choose?

I love the kw t680 I'm in, but man that western star sure does look nice.

Posted:  4 years, 1 month ago

Can't drive a car anymore...

The steering is so darn tight in a car compared to a truck so I tend to jerk the car going down the road.