Profile For C T.

C T.'s Info

Atlanta, GA

Experienced Driver

5 years, 8 months ago

C T.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

C T.'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Guy got lucky

Lucky indeed. When I did flatbed that was my biggest fear, a coil rolling off and landing on me or someone else. Glad no one was hurt. Also glad to be pulling plain ol vans now lol

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Paid training by Maverick Trucking company overview here in TT

Had my cdl before I got there but stayed for 2.5 years. Great training and top notch equipment. Highly recommend.

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

Done with Schneider after 3 months

Since when did the mods start removing comments on here? What is happening on this site lol.

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

O/O truck

Id suggest typing owner operator in the search bar and read the forums that pop up. Lots of juicy conversations on here about it. The short answer to your question is its not recommended here on this site but if you must, get a couple years u der your belt and tread carefully.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Good bye Pepsi

Very late to this thread and updates in general. What happened at fedex? I thought you were running hard? And also some of the people in this thread lol good lord what is happening around here.

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Home time for rookies!

Yo Dylan. I left maverick 2 years ago but when I was there I had no issues getting home. My wife was due within a few months of me going solo a few years ago. I simply let them know months in advance and when it was close to that time they gave me plenty of time to be home with the family. Keep in mind though that if the truck has to sit longer than I believe 3 weeks or so you have to turn it back in. Also I was lucky in my wife was having a scheduled Csection. If your wife is having a natural birth it will be more difficult to time it so that you're home for the birth. But they will definitely work with you if you communicate and don't wait till the last minute.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Should I keep my CDL?

Jammer stop yelling lol

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Moving soon, which state should I get cdl in?

I second what banks said, probably best to keep family and work separate. You'll also want some good solid training which lots of companies provide. What you could do is find company sponsored training somewhere in Texas. That way you won't have to worry about all the hassles of transferring your license. But of you need the income right now as times are tough for a lot of people, I say go for it if it's best for your and your family.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Huge Announcement: Road Pro & NBC Today Show

This is crazy, they grow up so fast lol. Congratulations

Posted:  5 months, 4 weeks ago

Fired from CR England for two accidents

Welp missed all the fun on this thread. OP aint even involved at this point lol

Posted:  6 months ago

I Think It's Time to Move On

Kurt, we all work for Fedex freight which is the company side. Fedex ground is all contractors. Its not necessarily difficult to get on as a driver if youve got a clean record and experience. Without experience though you would have to go through the apprenticeship program and work for the company for a year to pay the bill I believe. If you start as a road driver you'll be working nights for a while and working the dock using a forklift. If you go into the city there may be some dock work but probably not as much, depends on the center. We so have a terminal in Vegas but I dont know much about it. Best thing you can do is give their terminal manager a call and see what they have to say. Best of luck.

Posted:  6 months ago

I Think It's Time to Move On

I shortest run is about 170 miles one way with dock work in the middle.

Posted:  6 months ago

I Think It's Time to Move On

It would be much more than 50k. Our shortest run pays over 80 k.

Posted:  6 months ago

UPS Freight Sold

Woah this is big news. I wasn't even aware that they were in that kind of trouble. I'm still amazed that YRC and Holland havent gone belly up. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Posted:  6 months ago

I Think It's Time to Move On

Perhaps I worded it wrong when I said I want the big run. I don't want to do the 600 mile run everyday for 30 years, I want to be able to run them when I want. The best bid in my opinion is being high on the xtra board. I managed to get into the xtra board for a few months and fell in love with it. They call you based on seniority and you can choose how you want to run. So id take a big run on Monday and Tuesday, maybe a mid range run Wednesday and Thursday then Friday comes around and its something short and sweet to cruise into the weekend. Running 600 miles every single day would be exhausting. If I were looking to make a big purchase or something maybe id stick with it for a little while, but every day for 30 years? Hell no. If I'm not mistaken our number 1 guy runs something short and wants nothing to do with those 600milers. But anyway Banks, I hope you decide to stay with the company and find something that suits you within. Again, I recommend working toward the xtra board to give you some variety or stick with being a city driver ( I think you're a city driver?) until things settle down and its back to regular P&D.

Posted:  6 months ago

I Think It's Time to Move On

Well as Banks said, its not about the money for him so he wouldn't want a run like that. At the end of the day, you gotta do what's best for you and your family. Hopefully he'll stick with FXF but if not I wish him and his family the best. We do have some shorter runs that are about 350-400 miles or so that only run during the day however. I'm very interested in those as well.

Posted:  6 months ago

I Think It's Time to Move On

Yea it definitely will be. What terminal do you run out of again? I havent been on here in quite a while. We have to rescue our meet drivers all the time because they run out of time. We have over 100 runs so I'm sure theres one ill settle down with at some point.

Posted:  6 months ago

I Think It's Time to Move On

Yea we've got those too, I plan on trying them all out via the xtra board before settling on one I like. But obviously, its not for everyone.

Posted:  6 months ago

I Think It's Time to Move On

Not sure why youre so angry man. Hope all is well. We don't see eye to eye and that's fine. I'm not mocking your goals and theres no reason to mock mine. Its not going to take 10 years to get a day run btw. Anyway, maybe you'd like the xtra board? You can choose where to run based on seniority and make some damn good money. Look, as I said before, I didnt mean to offend you man. The way I see it, driving is boring in general. Listening to satellite radio definitely helps but it is what it is. So ill ask this, what would make a driving job more enjoyable since you do want to drive?

Posted:  6 months ago

I Think It's Time to Move On

No need to attack man. We clearly have vastly different goals in the industry and that's ok. I want a nice long, easy run that provides for my family and then some. You say drive to the same building like its a bad thing lol, I'm fine with that. Anyway, best of luck.