Comments By PackRat

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0269149001549643361-49813.jpg avatar
  • PackRat
  • Comments:

Posted:  6 days, 3 hours ago

Youtube videos

Almost 6 years and somedays I struggle as much as I did as a rookie.

That's 'cause you drive that deformed truck, PJ!

rofl-3.gifrofl-3.gifsorry.gif

Posted:  6 days, 11 hours ago

My return to work

What's your daily diet like? What do you eat and drink? How's your weight and height?

Posted:  6 days, 22 hours ago

Youtube videos

As Old Scool wrote, just have your CLP in hand. Have you talked to recruiting? Carlisle is my home terminal. The terminal manager is Billy Taylor.

Posted:  6 days, 23 hours ago

Youtube videos

The only trucking-related youtube videos I watch, aside from maintenance issues, are crashes and crazy drivers. It makes me think "what if?" and keeps me extra cautious. So far, I've not been featured on any videos (knocks on wood).

Posted:  1 week ago

Have a non compete for the school I'm with earned my cdl permit on my own. I have only completed 2 weeks but the school is no a fut for me. Can I leave and go to another school.

Here's something to consider: What if you do jump from one school to another and the second one is much worse, "not a good fit"?

What happens then?

CDL schooling is inherently going to prove difficult for most. It's a lot to learn and put to use in a generally short period no matter where.

Posted:  1 week ago

CVSA asks for new truck crash study

Packrat

I like that idea. Why can't we just pull up in front of Waffle house or some place to eat? It's only 75 feet long.

Raptor

There are two in GA off of I-75 that do have truck parking. There's another one I parked overnight at in AL.

Posted:  1 week ago

Today is do or die day

good-luck-2.gifgood-luck.gif

Posted:  1 week ago

Hours of Service changes

Me personally, I think it's a big nothing burger. With all the B.S. that's been going around with this, I think they could have come up with something better.

DD.....a profound thought just arrived in my head. Think about this and tell me what you think. How about a voice for truckers that actually "Gets It"?

How about we send Rainy to f'ing DC as a lobbyist for the truckers??? How awesome would that be?

All those in favor say AYE!

Posted:  1 week ago

Getting my CDL on a budget.

John, everybody starts off ignorant. Those that choose not to learn are labeled stupid.

Stick around here, keep reading and asking questions. A prepared mind is a most helpful tool to possess.

Posted:  1 week ago

Low Clearances Not Listed in Rand McNally - WTH?

I'll tell you what. As far as Chicago goes, I'm more worried about bullets than low bridges.

Posted:  1 week ago

Need an instructor, i have 17 years of driving experience!

I was off the road for only five months and I was worried about getting hired! After that many years, I'm going to agree that you will have to start all over with any major company. It's not all about your miles and experience. The biggest factor will be with insurance companies and risk assessment.

It sucks, I know, but these are the facts.

Posted:  1 week ago

Hours of Service changes

Expect everyone fueling to take 30 minutes.

There you go, Matt.

If you had heard or read the transcript, it was explained that the new, proposed rule will allow the 30 minute rest break to be taken in any combination of On Duty, Off Duty, or Sleeper Berth.

Posted:  1 week ago

Getting started in trucking with felonies

dancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gif

That's fantastic! Every day should be a new adventure.

Posted:  1 week ago

Some Random Questions

Ha! Nautical mile is 6076.115 feet!

(Thanks Google!)

Just in case... 1 mile = 5280 feet.

shocked.png

Not a Nautical Mile.

Sometimes it's raining.

I'm a retired Sailor...

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

How hosed am I?

Another one of those sneaky ditches!!! OMG!!! What if we used truck routes, planned ahead, used the mirrors, or Heaven forbid, used common sense?shocked.pngshocked.pngshocked.png

It must be the russians!

Perhaps.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Some Random Questions

Just in case... 1 mile = 5280 feet.

shocked.png

Not a Nautical Mile.

Sometimes it's raining.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

How hosed am I?

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Getting my CDL on a budget.

Believe it or not, but CL ads are how I got my start.

Knowing this now, I would highly discourage it. Click on the link Old School posted and go from these.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Fleets, drivers coming to like automated manual transmissions

I'm starting to like the auto. This 2016 IH has the paddle shift. Biggest dislike is that it won't hold a selected gear without activating another switch. That one has an obnoxiously LOUD buzzer.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Crazy stuff

You need to get that truck into a shop, Dave. There has to be another cause for all those tires failing.