Comments By Diver Driver

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0376022001559775697-50456.jpg avatar

Offset backing advice needed, please!!

Here is a link to a video that helped me even I was in school. For some reason I can't get it to post, so you'll have to cut and paste. Or, just look up "offset backing" on youtube. Good luck.

Things that make you say CMON MAN!!!

I drove 630 miles through pouring rain and fog to find a truck stop with one blindside back and a long nose Pete sticking out from across the aisle. It took me a little bit to get in. Then some guy on a dedicated route who doesnt need to shower or fuel during his day and has no parking worries says "C'mon man" to me!

An idiot driver at my terminal left his lock on the trailer and when he was called and given the option to remove it cause the empty trailer was now assigned to me, he yelled at me like i was at fault. They could have cut off the $150 lock C'mon man!

Another idiot driver didnt pull into the space far enough and it was really tight to pull through.... proving not all pull throughs are the same. I knocked on the door but no answer. I kept inching forward then noticed the other driver smoking a cigarette. She didnt even bother to pull forward to help me. Then she got nasty with me about waking her up as if hitting her trailer would be the best option. C'mon woman!

rofl-2.gifrofl-1.gifrofl-3.gifshocked.png

Lightweight vs. Condo

You stash the seat on the cat walk. rofl-2.gif

Seriously though, (I ran a lightweight for over a year) the terminal takes it out and stores it with all their other stuff.

The foreman grill will fit under your bunk no problem. I've seen some people make a whole storage rack over the foot of the bunk. Get creative, but be careful about drilling holes for things. (I just wouldn't)

Truckers are now turning into Youtubers as a side hustle

Sorry.... I'm a guy who loves women. I don't watch soap operas. Whether they're called "Y&R" or "Little dumb azz trucker." rofl-2.gif

Oh sorry, I forgot... C'MON MAN!!!!!

Truckers are now turning into Youtubers as a side hustle

Things that make you say CMON MAN!!!

Pull Throughs are for Double Pups and Newbies, in MY opinion.

C'MON MAN, get a grip!! CHEERS!!

And lazy people. I'm lazy! Give me that pull through!

Work smarter, not harder. smile.gif

Things that make you say CMON MAN!!!

Pull Throughs are for Double Pups and Newbies, in MY opinion.

C'MON MAN, get a grip!! CHEERS!!

And lazy people. I'm lazy! Give me that pull through!

Things that make you say CMON MAN!!!

C'MON MAN!!! I get parked no problem. Then *insert company name here* comes along and takes my hood off....

Prime Inc Issues New Pay Raise Toay

Solo company drivers START at 45 cpm In a lightweight, that means you'll make 50cpm to start. That does not include the bonuses that you'll get weekly for fuel savings, utility, and safety

I’m confused how are light weight making 50 𝐜pm ?

Sorry. Punctuation is everything. 45 cpm in a condo. 50 cpm in a lightweight. LWs make an extra 5 cpm.

Things that make you say CMON MAN!!!

What is with the angled spots that are angled to force you to do a blind side back!? - "C'MON MAN"

If you try to do pull through, but there's someone in the front spot, you're now forced to blindly back out into traffic.

All it would take is to reverse the angles, and everything would be fixed.

But... we are taking T/A

Crooked Lines

I was at a truck stop and was fighting to get straight in my spot. Finally finished and did a walk around. The lines were so crooked I said to myself: Self, I wonder who the Fkn Walleyed drunk was who painted these lines. They need a boot in their azz.

The Proper Way To Merge?

Ah, the oft debated subject of merging. My opinion?

What should happen:

Everyone stays in their lane until they reach the merge point, then take turns getting into the travel lane. Very efficient, nobody gets upset, smooth operation.

What actually happens:

Driver thinks it's better to get in line early, then is immediately passed by a dozen other vehicles, trucks and four wheelers alike. Driver is somehow surprised by this, and now angered. "Well I got in line way back there, so I'm sure as hell not going to let anybody in front of me now!" Temps flare, brakes are jammed, bottleneck worsens.

I'm a firm believer in maintaining your lane until the merge point. Because if you get in line a mile back and expect everybody to follow suit, I'm sorry but you're foolish. It'll never happen. Someone will always see that open lane and take it, ticking you off.

That said, if everyone in front of me is merging early, I'll do the same, knowing a bunch of cars will probably pass me. But I don't care, it doesn't upset me. I'll let them in at the merge point because in the big picture, I'd rather have them in front of me anyway.

There are construction zones with signs specifically saying to "Stay in lane until merge point". When the drivers follow those signs, I've found it to be the most efficient and courteous way of merging.

That's my take anyway

I try to keep the visual of a glass full of big rocks (trucks) they are stuck. But you can add small rocks and sand (4 wheelers and bikes) and they will flow around you. While I might block a car on the shoulder, a bike will always get a pass. Just my personal feelings.

I made a little guys day

I think I get a bigger kick out of it than the people requesting it.... Ask Rainy, she knows how I love to get on the air horn. rofl-2.gif

Prime Inc Issues New Pay Raise Toay

Oil Field experience

I spent 20 years in the oilfield as a diver. If you get into the oilfield in ANY fashion, sock away as much money as you can. As stated, the oilfield is a cruel and heartless *****. Personally, I went reefer to get as far away from it as possible. Even with freight slowing down, America still has to eat. Good luck to you.

No idle laws

I've been through AZ in the summer time as well as Nevada and California in both a lightweight and full condo. It's quite easy to stay comfortable if you use your head. EVEN IF YOUR TRUCK WON'T IDLE

1) Before you'd shut down, kick your trucks AC on full blast to get a start on cooling.

2) put up your reflective windshield shades (even the cheap truck stop versions work)

3) turn on your APU / shut off the truck. And close your bunk curtains.

EASY PEASY

In California, if you have a clean idle truck, you can Idle. (Must have the sticker)

APUs are legal to run in all 50 states

Good food!

I like my steak med. rare to rare.

I'm about to cook up some shrimp and make a "seafood omelette" with a side of bacon of course... #teamketo

Recovering Load Locks

Interstate Warehouse is HORRIBLE about that. I was getting push back by my FM so I went in and asked about getting my locks back. They had to get a dock worker manager, who then had to get approval from the warehouse manager, who had to witness and reseal the trailer. THE TRAILER WAS IN THE DAMN DOOR !! To top it off, Prime frowns upon the use of the normal "available at fine truck stops near you" version of load bars and almost "mandates" the use of the more expensive "Jack style" load bars.

Feeling screwed

As it turned out, the chemical that your body produces when you take cocaine can be transferred through saliva. .

So wait.... we're supposed to believe that you popped on a drug screen because you swapped spit with your wife !? rofl-2.gifrofl-1.gifrofl-3.gif

What really irritates you?

The PA turnpike.... how the f**** (self edited) are you gonna have only 6-10 truck parking spots at a service plaza just outside of Philly!!?? Retards!!