Comments By Forrest B.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0429426001521330920-71387.jpg avatar
  • Forrest B.
  • Comments:

Posted:  7 months, 3 weeks ago

Update on my trucking journey

If I could get cleared to drive without a prosthetic that would be amazing and so much more comfortable.

Posted:  7 months, 3 weeks ago

Update on my trucking journey

I would go to a Lowe’s or Home Depot and check out some metal and plastic 3 step stools that fold up. This can easily be stowed on the catwalk with bungee cords, or behind the passenger seat, out of the way until needed.

the toughest part is actually climbing with a prosthetic on. The leg that I wear does not bend at all

Posted:  7 months, 3 weeks ago

Update on my trucking journey

Forrest, you are an interesting story. You have my utmost respect, sir. We used to joke in training that one of the great advantages of an auto was we could still drive if we lost our left leg. But what you are doing is no joke. You are a seriously determined man.

BTW, you could always carry a small ladder with you for getting in and out of trailers. Many of the flat-bedders carry one.

Thank you! I am determined to drive a big truck again. I have thought about bringing a ladder with me. I’ve gone through many many scenarios in my mind. If I could just get started it would be so much easier with on the job training. I could figure out different ways of doing things that makes it easier for me.

Posted:  7 months, 3 weeks ago

Update on my trucking journey

I saw that KLLM offers a refresher. I just know that CFI is a great company and I’m having a hard time not going with them as my first choice 😩😩😩

Posted:  7 months, 3 weeks ago

Update on my trucking journey

The only thing about Schneider is that they want me to be able to climb in the trailer from the ground with my prosthetic on. That is very difficult.

Posted:  7 months, 3 weeks ago

Update on my trucking journey

Yes I’m missing my left leg. I was hit head on by a big truck in 2008

Posted:  7 months, 3 weeks ago

Update on my trucking journey

I received my 2 year Medical card yesterday. Woohoo! That was a major accomplishment for me.. missing a limb and all 😉 I have been talking with a CFI recruiter for weeks now. She’s supposed to talk with safety today about getting my SPE certificate done and my driving test with DOT. Hopefully I’ll be able to leave for Joplin around the 11th. I can’t wait for this new adventure for me back on the road and get started again.

Does anyone know other companies that offer refresher programs with automatic trucks other than CFI?

Posted:  7 months, 4 weeks ago

Need money who can help.

I’ve used Cash App many times to send my son money. Works immediately

Posted:  11 months ago

Sleeping in a moving truck is impossible!

I tried today and there’s no way I can fall asleep in this truck

0941350001550860325.jpg

Posted:  11 months, 4 weeks ago

Just a rookie here who's looking to start his trucking career this year

CFI is definitely a great choice. Awesome company.

Posted:  12 months ago

To Ease Your Mind About Winter Driving...

When I was upgraded at CFI to my own truck one of my first deliveries was to Canada during the big snow storm of 1996.. I was terrified but it actually wasn’t tough at all. I entered Canada through Maine. I really enjoyed driving in the snow even though I was a rookie and couldn’t wait to drive back thru Canada again. Not near as bad of a drive as I thought it would be

Posted:  1 year ago

I am now a finisher with CFI!

dancing-banana.gif

Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment! I’ve been following along here for a number of years.

I’m waiting for my son to get his drivers license and then I’ll bevreadybto hit the road myself. I’m so anxious to get back out there on the road. smile.gif

Posted:  1 year, 1 month ago

No CFI reviews?

I drove for CFI in 2006-2007 and thinking about starting back with them in April-May 2019.. they are an excellent company and really take care of their drivers. After ten years off the road they are my first choice. I also drove for Transport America

I never had a problem with hometime or getting paid. I really like that they pay you for the load before you deliver it

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Let's put some faces to names

0119142001524707889.jpg

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Let's put some faces to names

I don’t talk on too much but I’m always around. I visit here everyday. Still working on getting back in the industry.

Good luck at CFI. I drove for CFI years ago. I loved it. Great Company.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Can you lose your CDL if your not currently working as a truck driver?

I stopped using my CDL in 2008 after my accident. My CDL license have been active ever since. I just renewed my DOT card this year.

In Georgia unless you surrender them they will stay active even without renewing your DOT physical.

At least mine did.

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Game

Valves

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Finally!! Cleared by 2 different doctors to drive

I hope it doesn't take more than 60 days for you! In 60 months, I'll have a nice used Freightliner you can buy from me. good-luck-2.gifgood-luck-2.gifgood-luck.gif

rofl-3.gif

I’m really hoping on less than a month. I’m am ready to hit the road. I have missed being out there.

Alright I don’t want no scratches or dents on that truck in 60 months from now.

rofl-2.gif

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Finally!! Cleared by 2 different doctors to drive

Dropped off my Skills Performance Evaluation packet today at the DOT in Atlanta. Now it’s just a waiting game I guess. Heard it could take up to 60 months to get approved. Hopefully not!

good-luck-2.gif

Posted:  1 year, 9 months ago

Finally!! Cleared by 2 different doctors to drive

Congrats sir. True perseverance personified! Continued success on your journey!!

Thank you! Each of you definitely give me the motivation to keep pushing forward.