Profile For Bobcat_Bob

Bobcat_Bob's Info

Joliet, IL

Experienced Driver

1 year, 10 months ago

Bobcat_Bob's Bio

Running linehaul for Old Dominion Freight Line.

Bobcat_Bob's Photo Gallery

Posted:  2 hours ago

Can I get a job with my driving record?

Probably not for a few years at best, they are going to want to see a few years of responsible driving behavior before most companies give you a chance.

Even then you may have a tough time finding a company.

Posted:  12 hours, 39 minutes ago

Motorists soon may encounter a different kind of truck convoy

How is this so different from doubles & triples? I don't really understand the advantage of a "following" truck. Sometimes I lose my radar because of ice build up. Wouldn't this be a big problem? Interesting concept but doesn't seem real practical

It would be like NASCAR the lead truck would break the air and all the following ones would be "drafting" and saving themselves from having air coming over the hood. In theory the the following trucks would save fuel since the lead truck would break the air and they would be following in his wake.

I just think it will lead to multi truck pile ups as it will be impossible for the following trucks to see ahead.

Posted:  1 day, 9 hours ago

Brian

Dang, thought I had finally seen someone from here.

Posted:  1 day, 12 hours ago

Actual Annual Lease Op Numbers

Doing linehaul I made 75k last year at 55 cpm until my 1 year raise in September which bumped me up to 64 cpm. When I get my 2 year raise in September I will be top scale it should be me at or over 70 CPM. All while mostly the 2 shortest runs at my terminal.

I get paid 2 weeks vacation, plus my birthday, health insurance and 401k. Plus I only had to work 5 days a week sometimes 4 when if it was slow. The best part is no financial risk to me, leasing or being a owner sound good on paper but when I researched it a few years ago the numbers didnt add up.

Posted:  1 day, 14 hours ago

Brian

Blue with red I think around the hood area it seemed to have a design but it was headed the opposite direction and I didnt get a great look at it.

Posted:  2 days, 1 hour ago

Brian

Where you on 88 headed west bound today around 12:30 or 1? I was out boat shopping with my father and saw a flat nose Pete with Dean's trailer.

Posted:  2 days, 2 hours ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

Never seen a person list being able to position their QC where they want as a reason to lease. Sorry but with logic like that way no way will you fail.

Posted:  2 days, 2 hours ago

Sold on Leasing... no, Lease Purchase!

This has to be satire right? Someone pulling a April fools a week early right?

I would highly advise you to avoid leasing but you seem to have your mind set.

Posted:  2 days, 4 hours ago

Want to know why there are bad trailers out there?

When I get out on my own; I’ll report it. That said if it constantly costs me revenue...

That is exactly what the 10 people before you who ignored the problem said.

Maybe because my father is a shop manager but I think every driver should report the problems, sometimes yes it will cost you time, if everyone constantly did it you would see problems diminish over time.

People ignore the problem because it is inconvenient to them and makes it the next guys problem, then complain when the same thing happens to them.

Posted:  2 days, 12 hours ago

Want to know why there are bad trailers out there?

This is why I am so glad OD doesnt use retreads, they spend the money on new tires.

Personally if the Goodyear guy told me tires where that bad I would call my break down department and tell them, off to text pictures and see to what they say. Try pointing out that if the tires fail it could cause more damage to trailer and would have to be replaced on the side of the road instead of safe truck stop.

Posted:  3 days, 12 hours ago

Chicago first time

the Chicago intermodal Drivers have a screw loose. Give them an inch and they will try to put their tractor thru it

The white Volvo brigade as they are known are a running joke around these parts, they like to drive 45 mph in the center lane on the highway or they drive 90 mph in the center lane on the highway.

Posted:  4 days, 2 hours ago

Chicago first time

Hey you made it through Chicago with out damage that always a good day.

I looked at a picture of the place you went and there are definitely far worse. Never been to them but have passed them and wonder how someone can back into.

Posted:  4 days, 2 hours ago

Paying Dues: Enduring "The Suck"

Mark this thread is almost 2 years old so do not expect a reply from the op, but I am guessing it was either Carolina Cargo or CR England as they are the largest 2md chance carriers.

Out of curiosity why are you searching for one?

Posted:  4 days, 13 hours ago

Grabbing wrong trailer?

All of our trailers have electronic ID tags if you pull the wrong one out of the yard it will send you a message telling you it also alerts the terminal you left and maybe "central dispatch". But still some how people ignore the message and keep on trucking.

If you ignore the message and take the trailer to the wrong location you do not get paid for that trip, and you might get fired. One of the guys in know did it l, he did not read all 6 numbers only the last 3 and pulled the wrong trailer. Not only did he not get paid but he received a stern talking too.

Posted:  5 days, 12 hours ago

Upcoming Surgery Coming Up Sooner Than Later!

Good luck!

Posted:  5 days, 22 hours ago

Testing out to go solo

Congratulations and luck!

Posted:  6 days, 15 hours ago

Leave of absence

I have prescription glass, that I have to wear otherwise everything more than a few feet away is blurry.

I hope you can get it corrected quickly

Posted:  6 days, 22 hours ago

Question about working for my father...

I agree with the above, get your CDL and sign on to a big company so you can have the support you need as a rookie. Plus it will be difficult to impossible to get insurance for you since you will just be starting out.

Posted:  1 week ago

Truck comparison

When I got into the 2018 fl I get 6.2/6.3mpg. So I'm not convinced that the autoshift is better in fuel economy than the manual.

That is exactly why Old Dominion doesnt buy autos yet, the fuel mileage tends to be worse and the autos tend to have more problems.

Posted:  1 week ago

Truck comparison

I forgot to mention that companies also do not like to have all their eggs in one basket in it comes to manufacturers, as each brand has it problems having multiple manufacturers minimizes being affected by any one specific problem.