Profile For Bobcat_Bob

Bobcat_Bob's Info

Joliet, IL

Experienced Driver

3 years, 6 months ago

Bobcat_Bob's Bio

Running linehaul for Old Dominion Freight Line for 3 years.

Bobcat_Bob's Photo Gallery Group 1 of 2

Posted:  1 day, 6 hours ago

What's wrong with this picture?

That's a crazy weight difference though. I'd say that's quite a bumpy ride. Are you guys normally that heavy for GROSS?

That heavy or heavier I've been upto 79,980. Normally it's balanced better.

In this case a trailer that had 16.5k pounds was 21920 on the drive axle or 1,900 pounds over weight. Unfortunately i didn't notice the gauge on the dash was pegged, normally we load trailers upto 24,500 so I didnt think a 16k could be overweight.

I brought it to my meet point and just before I got there I noticed the gauge, so we weighed it and saw that.

When this occurs, back to the terminal to adjust the load?

Supposed to weight it before leaving yard, but 16k pound trailer shouldn't be overweight. In this case I turned around and brought it to the terminal in Lafayette instead of going all the way back to Indy.

Terminals really like when you bring them a trailer another one loaded poorly so they have to empty it and rework it.

Posted:  1 day, 6 hours ago

What's wrong with this picture?

0395502001606325218.jpg

Anyone see the problem with this picture for a singe axle day cab?

Posted:  2 days, 5 hours ago

Second Chance Driver - Two Job Offers

Exactly why I asked, LoL~!! Might need 'directions' in January ... for the awards assembly ... if it happens. Thanks~!! They don't pay as well as y'all's place (read that on another thread) but.. not too far behind, and the bennies and liberties, make a difference, too!! :)

I figured that was why. ;)

My dad is sick of management and has been looking at getting his CDL again i was going to tell him to apply to Fab.

Last time I was in Chicago, went to Nick's FishMarket in Rosemont. Is it still there? We had a customer in Schaumberg (sp?) that we 'wined and dined' when I drove for the 'boat' company!)

Never heard of Nick's but I don't like fish either.

Posted:  2 days, 6 hours ago

Second Chance Driver - Two Job Offers

(ps: Do you know where Joliet Rd. in Lemont, IL is, Bobcat Bob ?!?)

I do, Fabs HQ is there

Posted:  2 days, 7 hours ago

Plans always change in trucking

I should hit about $101k this year including bonuses.

Congratulations! Sure beats working in that warehouse huh?

Unfortunately I'm going to come up a bit short of my 100k goal this year, those 2 months of short runs for COVID earlier this year hurt us. Still going to end up in the 90k range so the day cab gang getting it done.

smile.gif

Posted:  2 days, 7 hours ago

Second Chance Driver - Two Job Offers

I agree with Rob.

Stay away from the new Chicago company, we have a real problem with small companies popping up here ringing up debts and abandoning drivers all the while running illegal.

I had a offer from PTL 3 years ago and was considering them, they seem to have newer trucks and trailers.

Posted:  4 days, 4 hours ago

The TruckingTruth Meet Up Thread

shooooot I'm getting old too, I'll be 31 next month. Won't be long for my AARP card.

I hit 31 in October I already ordered my AARP card and walker.

Posted:  5 days, 7 hours ago

Question from a 4 wheeler

Dan I have to disagree 100% with everything you said.

Funny how a owner opp says that tho.

Posted:  5 days, 14 hours ago

Terminated - unsafe performance - Difficulty Finding New Employer

Basically at this point apply every where and hope to get a yes, your best bet is probably a 2nd chance company.

Make sure to explain what you learned and how to prevent it from happening again, had there been something stopped at that stop sign you would have cleared them out.

Posted:  1 week ago

Felt like a real trucker

We pick up some trailers from the Wabash factory in Lafayette Indiana and deliver them to their rightful owner, we get to use them and they get discounted delivery.

I've seen Estes, CR England, West Side, Covenant and some unmarked ones come through.

Funny enough all our trailers are Wabash but we don't pick them up, a 3rd party delivers them.

Posted:  1 week ago

Suggestions for Warm Winter Coats during CDL Training?

I use that jacket it's pretty warm plus has a removable inner jacket that is good for indoor and down to about 35°

Posted:  1 week ago

Felt like a real trucker

Every once and awhile dispatch let's me live out my fantasies and pretend to be a real trucker for a run.

It's so new it still had tire fuzzies and that new trailer smell.

0500811001605803500.jpg

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

U.S Xpress Walmart Dedicated 7+ months experience driving.

Look into linehaul, no customers to worry about. Pay at OD starts at $25 a hour or 55 cpm. The other LTL companies pay about the same to start

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Rookie from Werner needs help

What kind of accidents? 3 in 2 months will be difficult to overcome not going to lie.

If you can get in with Cooper and prove yourself as a good employee they may give you another shot at driving but it will probably be at least a year.

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Look what I got.

Nice looking ride Big Scott! All it needs if your name on the driver door like PackRat's

He had it on his old one! Thats how I knew I passed him on I-65 a few months ago

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

In CDL school getting really discouraged, is it time to call it quits?

Otherwise you’re too dangerous to be on the road, not because of lack of skills but because of lack of decision making ability.

I guess I am going to quit on Monday, since I am too dangerous to be on the road. After all I considered quiting both school and the job.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

In CDL school getting really discouraged, is it time to call it quits?

Sorry, I meant to reply to this yesterday but I forgot which seems to be happening more as I get older.

Anyway, I had similar thoughts about quitting. I thought I was the worst shifter and backer to ever sit in a truck, I was constantly comparing myself to the other students thinking they where leagues better than me. Maybe I was because between my dad and grandfathers there is 120+ years of truck related experience and I thought it would click faster than it did. But it did finally click just stick with it.

One thing that I noticed for me at least was sometimes there was too much practice, I would attempt to back and get it 2 or 3 times then any attempt after that would progressively get worse and I would get down on myself so I would stop practicing if I got it right on my first 2 tries. That proved I knew what I was doing, same for driving I had a good am session on the road and then turned down the opportunity for another road session so I could end on a high note. The instructors didn't seem to understand but I passed with no points on the backing and pretrip portion so it worked for me.

3 years later and I am constantly ranked in the top 100 to 150 range for drivers ar OD when it comes to how they score our shifting. If I can do it you can too.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Look what I got.

Congrats on the new truck! Always nice to be the first butt in the seat.

Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did with my new one.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Prime Inc. CDL School Requirements regarding medical card

Wait for Prime they will send you to their doctor, no point in wasting your time and money now just to have to throw it away when you get to Prime.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Hows the freight?

It was extremely busy for us to the point everyone was out of trailers and had to turn some away. This week seems to be slower than probably the last 3 months, there is still plenty of freight to go around.