Comments By Bobcat_Bob

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0985692001546188249-72109.jpg avatar
  • Bobcat_Bob
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  1 week ago

DWI North Carolina

How can he think it was handled and then have no clue it exists? He may have a warrant in NC for not showing, I'd start by checking with the state and seeing what they say.

Posted:  1 week ago

Friday Short Haul - CDL examiner arrested, tolls proposed for trucks, marijuana use on the rise

Maybe that is the examiner the poster from a few days ago was supposed to see.

Posted:  1 week ago

Tight Situation

We have that problem all the time in some of our yards especially Chicago, the trailers will literally be touching.

We just hook them and drag them out enough to get to the legs. I'll hook the lines and release the brakes first, some people dont they just drag them with the brakes locked.

Posted:  1 week ago

Break down/HOS violation.

I think Old Dominion would have had you towed either to a terminal or to a hotel, our "central dispatchers" who are at the corporate level instead of a terminal would have told us what they want us to do in that situation.

I agree with Rob T check with H.O. Wolding and see how they want it handled.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Driving Jobs other than OTR

I run linehaul which tends to be one of the higher paying jobs in trucking and I am home everynight, there is P&D, running shuttles, or even spotting which may not require a CDL if you do not leave the yard.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

You might be a trucker if......

When you beep your horn before backing up in your car.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Getting A Lot of Walmart Loads With Prime

It's not that I don't do well here, it's just that if I can find a $1500/week w/ weekends off for 34s, then show me where I can sign up.

Linehaul, not as adventurous but the pay makes up for it.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Wind & Carelessness

I could see my trailer tandems over the white line even though my truck was centered.

I had the same problem today my rear trailer wanted to run on the line. The container truck in front of me was doing the same thing I was almost able to read the name on the side.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Preventable Accidents

Hitting anything over head is usually a career killer, your best option is to apply to 2nd chance companies like CR England, Carolina Cargo and Western Express. Be honest because they will find out and hope for the best.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

No really what are my chances

Most companies will want you to have a license for at least a year, if not longer.

As for being "off the grid" did you have any employment during that time? If not it maybe hard to find a company that will take 17 years of no employment.

I agree with Splitter apply to a bunch of companies and see what they say, you never know.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Got my first raise and a safety letter

Congratulations! Keep up the good work!

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Truck stolen from Ashland ta

Joy riding in a truck?! Stealing trailers? I'm gonna Google this cause now I'm super curious what his endgame could be

When my dad was at Con-Way a guy came into their terminal filled out a application and then stole a truck. The keys where not removable from the ignition so took the first unlocked truck he found.

Another driver spotted the truck the next day in Chicago hooked to a reefer and called the police. Turns out the reefer and its orange juice was stolen as well. Guy did a bunch of damage as well the stolen OJ trailer was over 40k on a single axle tractor the suspension was not happy.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Failed road test

Who pays the inspector cash? It makes no sense, why would your boss pay for school only to set you up? Seems to me either you took it upon yourself to try a bribe or your boss had a deal worked out that failed, either way you should know better.

As for retesting you may have forfeited your remaining attempts for "bribery" as it is illegal and frowned upon.

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Wind & Carelessness

Doubles in the wind are a pain, the rear basically wont stay inline no matter what you do, and if it is empty it makes it all the more fun.

Plus the rear had been known to blow over, supposedly the side skirts have helped a lot but I haven't driven any pups with no skirt to feel the difference.

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Bankin miles seems like a blur

Congratulations!

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

I'm going off to Roehl 'cause I need to train!

DO NOT go to the bar!!! When I spent my half a day at Roehl in 2016 before getting sent home, both the hotel and the orientation women at Roehl made it perfectly clear they do not want students going there. Remember the hotel staff knows why you are there and they get a ton of money from Roehl every year so they will report you if you go.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Well, my rookie mistake finally happened

I call that a good learning experience, you felt like a fool and didnt hit anything or hurt anyone other than your pride.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Just gotta share: T-Mobile phone FINALLY working @ home now!

I have T Mobile and it sucks I have dead zones between on 30 between Chicago and Fort Worth. And in buildings and other areas.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

CMV Weight Issues

Open the door and hope some fly away?

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Omg, locked my keys in my truck again

I got a call from them, they said they have been trying to find someone but they are either closed or I'm to far away..

Where are you exactly?

363 Burnett Rd, Chicopee, MA, 01020, the exact address. rofl-3.gif

It's a pride travel center, what a way to start my 34 hour reset off. dancing-dog.gif

I can be there in 14 hours, hopefully my Frieghtliner key will work!