Comments By Bobcat_Bob

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0101476001643588731-72109.jpg avatar
  • Bobcat_Bob
  • 5 years, 1 month ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Help me decide on a company

If you can find a LTL company that it is hiring go for it.

Old Dominion, Fed Ex, UPS, T Force, Saia, Estes, YRC, ABF all hire graduates they are your best bet.

LTL seems to have slowed down right now so you might get turned away but keep trying.

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Sign of the times?

It's pretty bad. This time of year, my phone rings every 10 hours. I worked through the entire memorial day weekend last year. I worked 3 days last week and they have nothing going out on weekends. When I got back yesterday, the area where we keep the loaded trailers was less than a third full. I've never seen it that empty on a Saturday

Same here, they called me off day after memorial day we have been calling 5 drivers off a night I've heard. When I come in we have gone having 40+ loaded trailers to go out now we have around 6.

Posted:  4 weeks, 1 day ago

Headset & GPS question

If the GPS does bluetooth you should be able to connect the headset to it through the Blueparrot app.

I have the 550 and don't want to discourage you but sometimes I want to toss it out the window.

Posted:  1 month ago

Western Express and Contract Question

I found this to be a little confusing, I think you are asking since you lost CDL to a medical card problem will you still owe WE?

You would have to read the contract my guess is yes, they will probably send it to collections after awhile. Your best option is to try and settle or make a payment plan.

Posted:  1 month ago

Smith acquired by Heartland

Honestly, I didn't not know heartland had that kind of money laying around.

Posted:  1 month ago

How screwed am I?

I forgot to roll down my trailer legs rear trailer hit the ground with a nice thud. Reported it they said not to worry about it since there was no damage. 2 days later I was so worried about making sure legs are down I forgot to unhook dolly airline. pulled away from rear trailer to see airlines hanging off the front 😳 . Got a preventable for that and they went back and gave me one for the dropped trailer.

Just make sure not to let one mistake get in your head so you make another like I did.

Posted:  1 month ago

Local drivers- what do you bring in your truck to help you through shift?

I'm home everyday so I'll try to cover as much as I can.

1. Money, honestly that keeps me plenty motivated.

2. I personally do not use a cooler, less stuff to carry

3. I do not really eat a lunch, I just eat a few small snack items.

4. Since I do not eat a lunch my first meal is when I get home. I used to do the gas station snacks as well but it gets expensive and unhealthy.

5. I'm usually driving so my 4G phone is good enough.

6. Can't really help you there, fortunately we have good seats and a fairly smooth ride. Best I can say is keep experimenting with different seat positions.

7. I keep a can of spray lube, pliers, wire ties, wire cuters, spare pair of gloves. Plus my personal bag.

8. Please do not buy a truck, it is a horrible time to do so. Next year probably will not be any better.

Posted:  1 month ago

Just a funny trucking picture to brighten your day

0639021001653765562.jpg

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Interesting day!

No. The real thing with the daycab pilots is you guys get extra slack because the public already knows most everyone behind the wheel in one can't read or write to begin with.

It's true, we communicate with mostly grunts and pointing.

You're mistaken sir. They see a daycab and know they came to get work done that's why we don't need the sleeper

Preach

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Companies to avoid?

Anyone that wants to pay on a 1099 or only offers leasing.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Hello again...

Anne, how do you remember these posters from years ago that only made a few posts?

I sometimes forget about stuff from yesterday and here you are with a 2 year old thread lol

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Interesting day!

I should make some "documentation" that allows me to drive on the wrong side of the road. rofl-1.gif

Glad you had a fairly simple day, seems like whenever I try to get home early some crazy shenanigans happen and I get home late

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Two Month's Experience Reflections

Nice update, glad you are getting the hang of it

Now I'm in Illinois

Welcome home, we missed you.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Force of habit

honking the horn before backing into a parking space OR taking an embarrasingly wider than necessary turn. In your personal vehicle. Been called on it haha!

I've done those too, honked the horn before backing into or out of a spot at the store and got some weird looks from people.

Same with the wide turns my dad will look back and say "are you dragging a set with us".

Storming right now so no fishing till this afternoon at best :( luckily we still have a couple days to go.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Force of habit

he lets you drive the BOAT, hopefully you'll LOSE that behaviour in the waterways, hahaha

I paid for it so he better let me drive lol. It's been 16 years since we had a boat and I figured it was time, then gas hit $5.30 by home.

I reach to push in the knobs when I get in my car.

I've done that. Also tried to step on the clutch.

What are ya fishing for?

Fish..... jk bass mostly maybe crappie.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Force of habit

I'm on a 5ish day fishing trip with my father, was driving pulling the boat in the left lane saw the sign for a scale and started to move over for it. Also I was planted in the right lane behind of a bunch of trucks and my dad asked I plan on following them all day or can we pass them. I'm just so used to hanging out in the right lane it became 2nd nature.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Just a funny trucking picture to brighten your day

It worked too, they didn't catch me!

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Truck crash yesterday on I 465 near Indianapolis

Luckily this happened on east side of Indy, I take 465 on the west side every day. It was still backed up when I went by at noonish.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

First time for everything.

Which tire went?

I blew a dolly.tire once and since we use super singles it made it very interesting.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

2022 Operation Road Check

Bobcat Bob avoids the inspectors

0920273001652882360.jpg

"They've never been on this route!"

With all the rain I drove through today it felt like that!