Comments By Bobcat_Bob

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0867767001562002824-72109.jpg avatar
  • Bobcat_Bob
  • Comments:

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

CDL Permit Exam - Brain Dead

If you have any questions about doubles I maybe able to help. But since CFI does not pull them I would not worry about getting the endorsement right now.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Hazmat loads and scales

Only if it says "all Hazmat loads must enter scale" like Ohio does or something similar. Otherwise green means go!

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Struggling With Making The Big Decision

Go for it, my anxiety kept me from driving sooner next week will be my 2 year anniversary at OD every day I wish I would have started when I turned 21.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Got my truck today!

Congratulations on the new truck!

I've dealt with my fair share of dirty trucks, but I don't have my own lol. I've had weeks where I'm throwing out somebody else's trash every day of the week.

FedEx doesnt make people keep them clean? We can get written up of we keep leaving them dirty, one guy even got fired for constantly leaving trucks dirty even after being warned numerous times.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Weekend cdl training

When I was in School they told us the students who only come in on the weekends struggle a bit more, especially with the driving and skills portion. It definitely can and has been done, everyone is different so it is hard to know how you will be able to deal with it.

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

Class B owner/operator

Yes it is possible, but with the way freight rates are right now I would advise against buying any vehicle.

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Back in the USA and going to SAGE driving school in Muncie , Indiana

I drive to Indy everyday.

M&M transport does runs for CVS out of Indy not sure if they hire new students.

There a lot of LTL companies with huge terminals in the Indy area.

Also do not worry about driver facing camera, they only record when a "event" triggers them. Usually hard braking or a stability event.

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Chain season is upon us.

We are not given chains in my area, only those who are required by law to have them are and they really are not supposed to use them unless in a emergency.

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Requirement for european truck drivers

You would have to get a US one, as far as I l know you would have to have a US address and regular license for at least a year before you would be eligible for one. Then you would need to take and pass the tests.

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

What Made You Decide To Become A Driver?

My whole family was involved in trucking, my dad has been in LTL for 30 years, his father drove a dump truck for 30+ years and my mother's father worked for International trucks for 50 years.

Plus driving is basically the only thing I am any good at, just wish I would have done it sooner.

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Question / Observation on Self-employment Verification...

They may ask when you get to orientation so be prepared

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

What are top 10-20 rookie / student driving mistakes in first 6-12 months ?

Remember to roll the trailer legs down, the trailer makes a horrible bang when you forget and it hits the ground.

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

New cdl driver with fresh felony conviction

Donald, I hope you heal soon and go on to have a great career. I think you may run into some problem with trying to circumvent your past, but I hope you do well.

He wont need a career he is waiting on a old lady to kick the bucket to get a inheritance.

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Have a chance to get a manual

I have a manual, I definitely would not mind a auto for when I get stuck in traffic.

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Tractors, Class 7 and 8, never seen (or hardly ever seen) in America anymore by me.

Personally I like the looks of the new trucks, especially the Mack. I spoke to a owner open who owned a flat nose Pete he said he averaged in the 5 mpg range I am usually around 8 mpg in a 2018-2020 truck. Sure his truck looked nice but it just isnt practical for any company to run.

I still see plenty of heavily customized new trucks and even company trucks with hundreds of thousands of miles that look show room new if that doesn't show pride I do not know what does.

Personally I do not care what I drive they all pay me the same.

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Heartland buys Millis

I will be honest I did not think that Heartland could afford 150 million in cash.

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

AMAZON

They are mostly owner operators that are staring to figure out they can not make money hualing loads at what Amazon wants to pay.

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

How old were you when you started driving truck?

27, I'll be 30 in October need to buy a walker.

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

My first REAL screwup

At least you caught yours mine hit the ground with a mighty thud luckily it landed on concrete on level ground amd sustained no damage. 2 days later i was so worried about the legs I forgot to remove airlines from my rear trailer, nothing like pulling away and seeing the airlines juat hanging there.

Now I do lines, legs, 5th wheel when dropping rear trailer and legs, lines, 5th wheel on the lead.

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

A moment of shear panic

Last winter due to weather our Indy terminal did not have enough trailers to give me a empty to take with my load, so I just took the loaded one. I got about halfway where I was going look in my mirror and only saw 1 trailer, since I was so used to hooking two I thought I lost it on the road or forgot lol. Took me a few seconds to realise I am only supposed to have 1.