Comments By Bobcat_Bob

• Bobcat_Bob
  • 2 years, 1 month ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Frustrated

Which way do you go?

I go 65 to 865 to 465 to 70 when the construction allows.

Coming back I am in the afternoon rush hour I take 70 straight to 65 and skip 465 as there is a ton of traffic on it.

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Prime Upgrade Freeze

I assume you already signed the contract for leasing? That was probably the worst thing you could have done, i would go home now and take advantage of it while you can. Once that lease starts you will be lucky to make it home at all since you will need every penny you can get.

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Frustrated

I passed by you twice today my run takes me from Crest Hill IL passed Indy to exit 10 on 70 in Ohio and then back again.

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Ok to run with no brake lights or turn signal on trailer.

Wow Bob you really dug up a fossil of a thread here lol.

I had a headlight go out when driving a few months ago all of a sudden it went dark on the left side of the road.

I also lost all lights on my rear trailer after I picked up a set at a meet, it made 250 miles fine I took it from the other driver and when it started raining all lights went out due to a bad connection under the trailer.

Sometimes things break in route but a good pretrip does help.

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Question about functional external light inspection.

Is there any truth to this? I have always put my foot on the service brakes before releasing the parking brakes

The Illinois book said the same thing so i asked my father according to him that is outdated modern trucks it wont hurt, now if you end up driving something older 1990 or older then do not do it.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Coil almost killed me

Glad you are ok, I knew someone who didnt survive his fall. Try not to make a habit out of it

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Do you have to report the accident after 3 years still in Texas?

You rolled over due to unsafe driving a few months ago and should consider yourself lucky to have a job at all. You where already fired for a accident once now you want to switch companies after this current one gave you a second chance? You should be thankful to have received that second chance because it will probably be at least a year if not more of safe driving before anyone else will even look at you. Roll overs a usually a career killer you got lucky and need to make the most of your current opportunity.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Bruce - wake yo butt up

I even put on a cute yellow sundress and pink nail polish. All that for nothing!!

I thought this was standard issue day cab attire.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Bruce - wake yo butt up

Rob, I had an alarm clock malfunction and overslept. Really sorry I missed you. My bad.

The ol I over slept excuse

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Cannabis Testing, Swift, NYC Ban on Cannabis Testing

Based on his very long winded reply he came here with a agenda to try and get people to support his stance on the devil's lettuce. I have seen posts like this on the Internet for a few years now and it follows the same pattern.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Pay from companies?

I only had 2 months of driving 1 of which was solo, I went to a private school in Illinois it cost around 2,500 i think.

I was lucky and had a in my father is a manager at OD so that helped. OD does hire right out of school but it depends on what your local terminal needs. A couple people behind me at my terminal came right out of school, as well as from the dock to driver program.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Magnum Logistics out of North Dakota

I have heard of them, I almost went with them right out of school in 2017 but went with West Side instead as they where a little bigger with 500 trucks compaired to Magnums 200.

As far as i know nobody here works for them but they seemed like a good company with what appears to be good equipment when I see them on the road.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Find a Job

Linehaul would be your best bet, unfortunately i do not know enough about Florida LTL as it is own world as they are limited on where freight can go. I would call LTL companies and see what they say, Old Dominion does hire fresh out of school but it depends on the terminals needs.

As for P&D I can not speak for all LTL companies but with OD it would be very unlikely you would work more than 55 hours in a week as they do not like to pay overtime. P&D depending on where the terminal is can be very difficult due to traffic and tight locations.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Grumpy - hourly questions

That's awesome. I like the idea of hourly pay but it limits us on what we COULD earn.

The top hourly guys here earn at least 70k but even our shortest linehaul run makes at least that. Top linehaul drivers are over 110k so there is a big difference, as much as i would like hourly at times I'll stick to mileage as well.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Grumpy - hourly questions

I tried to nap laying across the seats but couldn't get comfy and dumb sun was in my eyes. #DaycabProblems

At least you can lay across the seats I have a shifter in the way.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Roadcheck 2019 in effect this week

I have seen a lot of trucks being inspected on 80 in Mokena they had the whole lot full today, none where name brand companies most where O/O containers. Also on 65 in Lowell the scale is still closed but they had 2 customers in the building being inspected

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Looking for a starter company, but with a catch...

CRST would probably be your best bet as they run all reams, you would have to train separately then team up once able too. Western Express also trains and runs teams

Unfortunately you will not be able to train together as neither of you has experience.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

Pay from companies?

Wow!!! I appreciate the response. I think my ultimate goal is to haul tanker (fuel) or other loads locally. Or even food service. And and Pepsi/Coke doesn't pay enough.

I can get my CDL but I want to come home every night or if not every night at least most of the week I want to be home.

Where can I find these jobs where should I be looking?

You may want to look into Linehaul at a LTL company, such as but not limited too Old Dominion, Saia, Estes, XPO Fed Ex and Ups.

I have been with OD for almost 2 years now, I have my own daytime run,am home every night and off Sunday and Monday. Plus I will be right around 100k for the year.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

When is training considered "stale"?

Thanks Susan. West Side was on my short list, I think

West side took me after I graduated in February and I started there end of June. They where a good company to work for everyone is friendly and I liked their training program.

Had this linehaul opportunity not come up id probably still be there.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

VERY Choppy Job History.... Where should I apply?

I did 4 weeks OTR with a trainer it wasnt that bad yes there are some bad trainers but there are more good ones.

If you truly want to avoid OTR i would suggest applying for a linehaul position at a LTL company such as Old Dominion, Estes, Saia, XPO and R&L to name a few. That way you can get experience driving without so much of the tight quaters maneuvering.