Comments By Bobcat_Bob

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0101476001643588731-72109.jpg avatar

Previous Page Next Page

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Sleeping With the Enemy

How is she liking it?

Are they busy?

I know my terminal is really slow

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Close Encounter with a Bear

I clicked thinking you almost got a ticket! lol

Glad you missed him.

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Can you let me know where you got your training?

How do you feel about dock work? LTL companies are almost always hiring dock workers, you can work the dock for a few months to a year and then apply for the dock to driver program. We (Old Dominion) are very slow right now but I still see them training people in the DTD program. You would be able to earn decent money on the dock and then when you are in class room portion you still get paid.

Also I don't know if it was mention before but have you considered school buses as a back up? Those companies ( First Student) off paid training ( I believe) and are desperate even in summer time.

Posted:  2 weeks, 5 days ago

First encounter with an Electric semi.

. I’ve also seen the container company Maersk running these.

Funny you mention them, I passed one of these today on 65. He was doing about 8 under the limit.

I would like to drive one to see how it is. But a range of 155 miles kills its viability for anything other than local. Our P&D drivers usually do less than 100 miles in a day. I wonder if they could even get a full day out of it, or would sitting in traffic kill the range.

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Passed exam, and cant wait to head to the DMV Monday morning!

Congratulations!!

Double and triple check everything you do, always do your pretrip, hooking, unhooking in the same order.

Double check everything if your not sure check again

Don't quit after a few bad days, good ones will come.

That hard back? One day you slip right in a be like "wow I got this"

Double check everything you do

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Accident or incident?

Having done this myself, I suspect the lines where pulled out of either the glad hands or the the back of the tractor. The mechanic probably cut off a inch of the rubber lines and reinstalled the lines.

It is upto the individual company on how they handle such a incident. Since they had to send a mechanic out that is probably why they considered a "accident" Mine was considered an accident since the lines had to be replaced, and it cost me my safety bonus.

I wouldn't worry to much about it, rookies are expected to have minor incidents like this. Learn from it and do not do it again. After a year of safe driving it should have no impact on any future jobs.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Prime presented me an Excellence Award Tonight!!

Congratulations!

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Questions about Western Express.

What is wrong with this "illegal" trailer they keep telling you to use? I don't see Western Express forcing a driver to take a illegal trailer

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Trucker Humor: Trucking Company Name Acronyms

I haven’t heard one for Helwig. Not a big enough company, I guess

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Make one up!

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Getting CDL with little/no regular driving history.

Pretty much all companies are going to want a you to have held a regular license for a minimum of one year.

There will probably be some less then reputable companies that will hire you with less. But I would avoid them

Previous Page Next Page