Profile For Yuuyo Y.

Yuuyo Y.'s Info

Notmontana, MT

Rookie Solo Driver

2 years, 8 months ago

Yuuyo Y.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Yuuyo Y.'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

8 Hour Rule Change

I never have to DOT break again if I don't want to since it's guaranteed at least ONE of my stops for the day will take at least 30 minutes.

Now I can sit for a whole hour when my route is done if I want.

That's a great change for us to give some flexibility. The rule changed to a 30 min break after 8 hours of actual DRIVE time, vs. 8 hours of the 14 hour clock.

Nothing changed with the 14 hour clock as far as I know.

iirc it changed where onduty satisfies the break.

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

New HOS rules being implemented next week: Can someone, anyone explain it in simple terms?

What I like most is the 30 minute break being satisfied "ON DUTY". You're able to satisfy your break now while fueling or for flatbedders strapping and tapping. Once you're with a trainer and see how the hours count down and come back on your ELD you'll understand it much better.

This is my favourite part for obvious reasons

Posted:  4 weeks, 1 day ago

CDL Local Jobs

What you mean with the last part of your message ?

He's saying Sysco has locations all over the country. In the 2 years he's been there he has run the risk of running out of hours twice. When you're local and you run out of hours, you get laid over in a hotel for your 10 hour break.

Are you busting your ass as much with the last set of jobs FedEx, UPS, XPO, Estes, R&L?

There are always good days and bad days, like anywhere else. These jobs are based on seniority and you're likely to be working nights to start, especially in an area like Boston.

Oh, I've ran out of hours on my 14 before - in that case they had someone come from the terminal to drive me and the truck back (Call beforehand at the 12.5-13 hour mark or so to see what they want to do). The two situations were not being able to make it back on my 16 hour exemption and being stuck like 50 miles away.

Posted:  1 month ago

CDL Local Jobs

I work for Sysco; they're everywhere. In 2 years there have been potentially TWO days I would not have been home that night.

Posted:  1 month ago

Moving CDL to a new state!

If you transfer your license, make sure you get real ID.

I did that and didn't even know real ID was a thing because my original state did it my default. Now I have one that says "not for federal identification"

Posted:  1 month ago

New driver failed drug test

Another example to add for my motto of: "It's not you that gets you in trouble most of the time, it's the people you know."

Posted:  1 month ago

Driver appreciation week

Doesn't take that long if you do it yourself.

smile.gif

I've unloaded plenty of times myself and it definitely gets done quicker. Unfortunately nearly everywhere I've done it no longer allows us on the dock due to covid. They didnt even need to downstack anything just take the 8 pallets off. Charged me $60. Atleast they didnt charge me over $400 like Sysco last week for a couple pallets.

I can assure you I profited quite nicely from that

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Here's a tight (FUN!) Dock

Its truly amazing the docks some places can come up with. Someone has to look at it and say " yes let's try to cram a truck in there multiple times a day."

I find it surprising that they send combo’s to stores like that. Would make sense to have a small box truck division(reefer and dry) for those stores to minimize the chance of an Incident.

Shoot! Don't be surprised at all. Usual response is, "We get big trucks in here all the time." Liars.

Me the sysco guy - what size trucks do you usually get?

Them - oh a full size one

They don't know the difference between a 28 and a 48

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Going local

You say that, but I just got done with a 65 hour week. I'm still getting around 51-52ish in 4 days, and worked 5 this week. At least you get to go home though (Although if things went south yesterday I would have to have spent my sunday morning driving back and getting like 3-4 hours pf time)

Posted:  1 month, 4 weeks ago

13’6” clearance!!!

There's a bridge I often see labled as 13'1. Even with a 13'0 trailer I avoid it because it's easy; if it said 13'5 or so I might go under it.

Posted:  1 month, 4 weeks ago

Anger - Not from trucking, it's a personal matter.

Sysco has guard shacks? shocked.png

Posted:  2 months ago

Old Dominion announces new pay raises

I'm here sitting at 27.55 and I thought we were paid a high amount.

Posted:  2 months ago

How Much First Year

I got a local foodservice job and my first year (2019) and made $81,000 while making $7 an hour less than I am right now. It was only possible because they were severely understaffed and would hire any warm body they could; as of right now things are quite different.

The only other driving job I tried was Schneider in summer 2018 for about a month, and that didn't go so well - so I was basically still brand brand new.

I paid for my own training so I wasn't bound by any contract.

Posted:  2 months ago

Scenario for new drivers

I've seen trailers left like that with less than the length of the tractor between the kingpin and a building.

I don't know how they accomplished that.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

What is your trucking pet peeve?

4 wheelers who pass behind you when you're backing up from the street

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Going local

Dude, the Minnetonka/Wayzata area SUCKS driving a truck through in the winter time.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Going local

Go out and help other people on their routes

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Dollar accounts teach you how to park it!!

And I hate doing those kind of parkings in a 42 foot trailer with a daycab

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Interesting conversation with a driver

Real drivers work foodservice and back up 48 foot trailers in residential neighbourhoods into retirement home parking lots uphill with lots of low hanging trees, snow and ice on the ground, and cars parked on both sides of the street and around the entrance to the lot. rofl-2.gif

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

I Need Help; Trying To Switch Companies

I don't really feel like explaining all the hassles and headaches that come with putting semis in busy commercial places meant for cars or neighbourhoods, so I'll just give one example from Friday.

Please back up your 48 foot trailer blindside downhill into this alley I've marked with a red X if you can't see it. Or you could sightside it going uphill, but if it was the winter time with lots of ice and snow then I don't think that would work out well either. Also the google maps image does not show how overgrown with trees/added fencing the right hand side of the street is now, and while backing up (at least with my skill level), I had to pull up and backwards about 5 times because my steer tires were near the curb with how long a trailer I was given that day.

Fun!

Every Sysco is different. They're managed different with different issues and some might not even be union. For pay, mine had switched to full-scale after 1 year. Right now, at 4 (long) days a week, I'm pulling in the same gross as what used to take two 70-hour weeks.

I recently had a 120 hour-period which ended up with a gross pay of $4,200. A 100-hour period is giving me something around 3300 right now gross which is what 140+ in 5/6 days used to take for me to be able to gross.

I would like to correct you on "the faster you work the more you get paid." That's correct and incorrect. The route itself that they give you has a set dollar amount based on cases, stops, pickups, drive time, etc. No matter what happens, that's your base. You're paid the greater of hourly OR what the route was worth. E.g if your route was worth $250 and you magically finished it and clocked out within 2 hours, you made $125/hr and 250 that day. If you took 14 hours to finish it, you made $453 that day. If you want to make as much money as possible on incentive, you finish your route as fast as possible AND THEN go help people or do misc work they might have for you for the rest of the day up to 14. Then make sure to fill out the delay sheet.

This isn't the place to learn how to drive a truck; I don't know how I survived.

And in regards to hours, even when you're done with your route you might not be done. Even if you're over your 14 you can still be hauling groceries as long as you're not driving the truck. Here's the keys to the van. Here take your car, we'll pay you milage. Hey, you finished your route in 10 hours can you go help X, Y, Z. Hey, you're back and it's 14:00 but we had a driver take the truck back to the yard because he wasn't feeling too well. Can you finish his last 4 stops he brought back here? Can you pick up so-and-so because he ran out of hours; you still have a 16-hour clock today. Enjoy starting late tommorow.

Hey, can you come in on time tommorow for this route? I know you won't get a 10-hour reset, but we'll get you a driver.