Profile For Yuuyo Y.

Yuuyo Y.'s Info

Notmontana, MT

Rookie Solo Driver

3 years ago

Yuuyo Y.'s Bio

No Bio Information Was Filled Out. Must be a secret.

Yuuyo Y.'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  3 months ago

Realistic First-Year Salary

For my first year local it was about $81,000

I wouldn't recommend learning how to drive at this company though like I did.

Posted:  3 months, 2 weeks ago

Hows the freight?

The loads may have slowed down in certain niche markets such as Food Service (Sysco) but in general the industry is thriving. One thing hasn't changed though. You need to be performing to get the good loads. Plenty of work out there, and I don't see it changing any time soon.

Oh man no they haven't from the driver's perspective. More stops, more cases, less routes. If you are working you're getting near 70.

Posted:  4 months ago

Walmart Truckers Score $100 Million Lost Wages Victory In Court

Sorry, I'm already in a union

Posted:  5 months ago

8 Hour Rule Change

I never have to DOT break again if I don't want to since it's guaranteed at least ONE of my stops for the day will take at least 30 minutes.

Now I can sit for a whole hour when my route is done if I want.

That's a great change for us to give some flexibility. The rule changed to a 30 min break after 8 hours of actual DRIVE time, vs. 8 hours of the 14 hour clock.

Nothing changed with the 14 hour clock as far as I know.

iirc it changed where onduty satisfies the break.

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

New HOS rules being implemented next week: Can someone, anyone explain it in simple terms?

What I like most is the 30 minute break being satisfied "ON DUTY". You're able to satisfy your break now while fueling or for flatbedders strapping and tapping. Once you're with a trainer and see how the hours count down and come back on your ELD you'll understand it much better.

This is my favourite part for obvious reasons

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

CDL Local Jobs

What you mean with the last part of your message ?

He's saying Sysco has locations all over the country. In the 2 years he's been there he has run the risk of running out of hours twice. When you're local and you run out of hours, you get laid over in a hotel for your 10 hour break.

Are you busting your ass as much with the last set of jobs FedEx, UPS, XPO, Estes, R&L?

There are always good days and bad days, like anywhere else. These jobs are based on seniority and you're likely to be working nights to start, especially in an area like Boston.

Oh, I've ran out of hours on my 14 before - in that case they had someone come from the terminal to drive me and the truck back (Call beforehand at the 12.5-13 hour mark or so to see what they want to do). The two situations were not being able to make it back on my 16 hour exemption and being stuck like 50 miles away.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

CDL Local Jobs

I work for Sysco; they're everywhere. In 2 years there have been potentially TWO days I would not have been home that night.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Moving CDL to a new state!

If you transfer your license, make sure you get real ID.

I did that and didn't even know real ID was a thing because my original state did it my default. Now I have one that says "not for federal identification"

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

New driver failed drug test

Another example to add for my motto of: "It's not you that gets you in trouble most of the time, it's the people you know."

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Driver appreciation week

Doesn't take that long if you do it yourself.

smile.gif

I've unloaded plenty of times myself and it definitely gets done quicker. Unfortunately nearly everywhere I've done it no longer allows us on the dock due to covid. They didnt even need to downstack anything just take the 8 pallets off. Charged me $60. Atleast they didnt charge me over $400 like Sysco last week for a couple pallets.

I can assure you I profited quite nicely from that

Posted:  6 months ago

Here's a tight (FUN!) Dock

Its truly amazing the docks some places can come up with. Someone has to look at it and say " yes let's try to cram a truck in there multiple times a day."

I find it surprising that they send combo’s to stores like that. Would make sense to have a small box truck division(reefer and dry) for those stores to minimize the chance of an Incident.

Shoot! Don't be surprised at all. Usual response is, "We get big trucks in here all the time." Liars.

Me the sysco guy - what size trucks do you usually get?

Them - oh a full size one

They don't know the difference between a 28 and a 48

Posted:  6 months ago

Going local

You say that, but I just got done with a 65 hour week. I'm still getting around 51-52ish in 4 days, and worked 5 this week. At least you get to go home though (Although if things went south yesterday I would have to have spent my sunday morning driving back and getting like 3-4 hours pf time)

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

13’6” clearance!!!

There's a bridge I often see labled as 13'1. Even with a 13'0 trailer I avoid it because it's easy; if it said 13'5 or so I might go under it.

Posted:  6 months, 1 week ago

Anger - Not from trucking, it's a personal matter.

Sysco has guard shacks? shocked.png

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

Old Dominion announces new pay raises

I'm here sitting at 27.55 and I thought we were paid a high amount.

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

How Much First Year

I got a local foodservice job and my first year (2019) and made $81,000 while making $7 an hour less than I am right now. It was only possible because they were severely understaffed and would hire any warm body they could; as of right now things are quite different.

The only other driving job I tried was Schneider in summer 2018 for about a month, and that didn't go so well - so I was basically still brand brand new.

I paid for my own training so I wasn't bound by any contract.

Posted:  6 months, 2 weeks ago

Scenario for new drivers

I've seen trailers left like that with less than the length of the tractor between the kingpin and a building.

I don't know how they accomplished that.

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

What is your trucking pet peeve?

4 wheelers who pass behind you when you're backing up from the street

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Going local

Dude, the Minnetonka/Wayzata area SUCKS driving a truck through in the winter time.

Posted:  6 months, 3 weeks ago

Going local

Go out and help other people on their routes