Comments By Don

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0786699001601988838-78090.jpg avatar
  • Don
  • Comments:

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

Stay out of democrat cities

Wrong again! Grosskreutz has a Felony record. Get your facts right before you defend your statements. I mean, seriously!

"Huber had spent time in prison twice, first for violating probation after strangling his brother and again for kicking his sister, the Post reported. Hardly a hardened criminal"

Yeah, I guess trying to kill your brother by strangulation is just a misunderstanding, and doesn't meet yourvdefinition of a "hardened criminal." Defending Rosanbaum's Pedophilia because he "was Bipolar"? I know people who are Bipolar, and they don't go around ana**y ra**ng little boys. Typical Democrat with their justifications for Pedophilia, Murder, attempted murder.

If you’re referring to the Kyle Rittenhouse fiasco, you really should educate yourself. 1. He didn’t cross state lines with a firearm 2. He didn’t kill black people. He defended himself against 3 white convicted felons. One was a chomo (absolutely no loss there) and the other two had a long list of violent crimes associated with them.

Thank you for pointing this out. I only saw a portion of the video & it was dark. No I didn't get my info from bias media. I assumed and made an ass of myself on the race part. But what about the rest of what I said?

I just read an NPR piece on the people he shot.

Rosenbaum suffered from bipolar disorder. "The paper reported that Rosenbaum said he was molested by a stepfather and had spent most of his adult life in prison starting at age 18 for sexual conduct with five preteen boys." Didn't know what chomo meant but looked it up.

Huber had spent time in prison twice, first for violating probation after strangling his brother and again for kicking his sister, the Post reported. Hardly a hardened criminal.

Grosskreutz, along with Huber, was one of several people who chased Rittenhouse after he shot and killed Rosenbaum. Prosecutors have said that the group believed that Rittenhouse was an active shooter. No criminal record but did have a gun.

Rittenhouse as a minor is allowed to carry an AR15? Whether across Stateline or not? Honestly, I don't follow gun regs as yall do. I don't own guns & don't need to. Even growing up in a gang ridden neighborhood. 1st rule of having a gun in the street. If you whip it out, you better use it. Was never willing to kill anyone.

Posted:  7 months, 1 week ago

Stay out of democrat cities

"Why is it OK for a minor to cross state lines with an illegally gotten firearm & kill unarmed blacks?"

That sentence alone conveys to the rest of us your utter ignorance (or even stupidity) of what actually occured, and your reliance on Corporate Media as your sources. I cannot stand it when I see uninformed people spewing ignorant comments, because "that is what they were told."

Please tell the rest of us who these "three Black men" were who Rittenhouse shot?

I won't bother commenting on the rest of your post, because I realize your beliefs of the facts have been instilled by Corporate Media.

To me, the only elephant in this room is the narrative. Yall are using the same dehumanizing, division stoking rhetoric that the right wing pundits spew on a daily basis. Let's take the vaccine. Every single person that works at Fox News is vaccinated. Their company mandates that they do so or are fired. Yet they go on their rants about covid this & mandate that.

You say those animals are rioting & looting while blaming Democrat as the problem. "The protests spread to over 2,000 cities and towns in all 50 states and all 5 permanently-inhabited territories, as well as in over 60 other countries, with demonstrators supporting those seeking justice for Floyd and the wider Black Lives Matter movement, and speaking out against police brutality." [Wikipedia]

Rather than looking at the majority of the peaceful demonstrators, you single out the loud & unruly few. The lens is only pointing at what they want you to see. You live in mostly homogeneous communities where the police are your neighbors & friends.

In cities, most police come from outside then judge us harshly & treat us with disdain while constantly throwing their power over us. In our community, the police were worse than the so called criminals. Many of them even moonlighted for drug dealers. They would rob the competition then sell those drugs.

Here's what Politifact has to say about the arguments being made here.

*A viral Facebook post links "America’s deadliest cities" with having a "Democrat majority," implying a causal connection.

The data cited has some fundamental issues, notably that it uses out-of-date FBI data and ranks cities by crime rate when the FBI specifically warns against doing so.

This glosses over the array of intensely local factors that influence crime. Violent crime in particular stems from a limited group of people in a limited area, so assuming that segment has a particular political bent based on the city at large — and that their violence stems from those politics — is a stretch at best.

Large cities do have more crime. And they do have more Democrats — both in terms of general voting and local leadership. But it’s a classic example of correlation without evidence of causality.*

Here are the things that you aren't considering while making your arguments. Most of you think that none of the problems facing cities stems from systemic racism or police misconduct or concentrated poverty or the war on drugs or the neglect of cities by the federal government, it’s all because the various mayors and council members have a “D” after their names.

Why is it OK for a minor to cross state lines with an illegally gotten firearm & kill unarmed blacks? Yet, a black with the same circumstances will serve a mandatory minimum? Why is the drug problem in cities a criminal problem but a mental health issue in rural america? Why is gerrymandering legal?

Finally, if you lasted this long, let me repeat, yall are are debating about data that "the varied demographic and cultural factors at play in each city make comparing raw data like this a questionable exercise. The FBI explicitly warns against this type of ranking."

Posted:  7 months, 2 weeks ago

RVer Fueling in the truck lanes question.

I have taken a 30 DOT in the fuel line, especially when the Truck stops are busy. Waiting in line for 10 minutes or more, fueling for 10 minutes then goinginside after pulling forward will quickly knock those 30 minutes out pretty. I certainly wouldn't even consider taking a 30 after pulling forward from the pumps, especially anytime after 0800. Just as in other aspects of life out in public, You are going to meet both drivers who are considerate of others, and inconsiderate, rude, DGAF drivers. Driving a 30 ft 5th wheel may make it difficult at times use the passenger car pumps, so when you do use the CV pumps, you will need to plan for probable delays.

Posted:  8 months ago

Finished school, Stevens Transport wouldn't hire

Definitely consult an attorney specializing in Contractual Law. Stating that, the question is, How far do you want to take with legal action? I would be angry with Stevens if they did me dirty, also. My emotions would want to cause me to "make them pay for their screw up!" But, like you, I would start thinking more rationally and decide what the best form of action would be best for me financially and emotionally in the long run, without piling more stress, anger and frustration on what I currently had. Steven's did you dirty, and they know they did. They are offering you a one time payment half of the schooling. As frustrating as their actions are, paying an attorney to go after them could cost more than that. Also, seems like they would have no issue reporting it on you DAC later if you don't "cooperate" and play their way. Contact them about their offer, but be assertive and come from an attitude of strength, not weakness. Do not mention to them again how you "didn't do anything wrong." If you do decide to accept their offer of half the tuition, state to them you need more than two days to pay in full. It seems they are enticing you to pay them quickly to "make things go away." I will bet this Gina person will deny she stated what you say she did, and/or someone else will intervene and keep her out of future correspondence. Good luck.

Posted:  8 months, 2 weeks ago

Pre-trip and HOS

When I start my day, I log a tractor pre-trip On-Duty for 10-15 minutes. Then, I drive to our trailer drop lot and log a 10 minute pre-trip on the trailer I am taking, and on every trailer I pick up during the day. At the end of my day, I log a 10 minute tractor post trip.

Posted:  9 months ago

I just left Veriha Trucking that I sign an 18 month non compete with

$12,500 for school?! WOW!

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

President’s mandate given earlier today

My reading comprehension is just fine. I quoted what you stated, or did I not read where you said you "did not like Trump as a person"? And my Math skills are just fine.

Damn. You would think I would get the quotes function by now! lol

"I didn't like Trump as a person and don't want him to run again but I DID like most of his policies. He actually put America first like he said he would and its sad to see the current administration putting America last."

"Trump was mean and I don't like him." Oh, boo...hoo.... Which was more important to you; An America - first President who had mean tweets, or a shambles of a Country?

Wow Don, reading comprehension not your strong suit eh? Thats 👌 I'm sure you're probably good at math or something else.

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

President’s mandate given earlier today

Posted:  9 months, 3 weeks ago

President’s mandate given earlier today

Maybe you pro-vaxxer's can explain why Biden's new mandate exempts members of Congress along with the Executive and Judicial Branches from requiring them taking the vaccine? I guess Politicians and Judges are immune from this "deadly virus"? Also, conflicting reports are coming out regarding USPS workers being exempt also, but currently they are not. Hmmm.... I mean, according to you pro-vaxxer's, the vaccines are safe and "no big deal." Shouldn't every single human being be required to take it, then? The most easily manipulated are also the most dangerous.

Posted:  9 months, 4 weeks ago

Does any companies require the jab yet?

The Tyson I deliver to has a new "so-called" policy regarding unvaccinated drivers. Supposedly, we have to jump through hoops to get our BOL's signed and drop our trailer. I say "supposedly" because I delivered to this Tyson, waited outside 15 minutes for someone to come out and sign my BOL so I could leave. Nope, no one came out. I said "screw this," went inside and asked Receiving why no one came out. His reply? "You would have been waiting all day. No one would have come out." I showed him the new policy, and he just laughed. "Oh, that is just to keep drivers from wandering around." Needless to say, I wasn't thrilled. So far, it is business as usual at this particular Tyson

Tyson may be one of the first. They require all employees to be vaccinated but I’m not sure if it applies to drivers as well. One of the chicken meal plants we load out of had 10 people quit this week.

Posted:  10 months ago

After 3 months, I’m quitting

If you really like the other aspects of driving, DO NOT quit because you are having difficulties backing! Practice every opportunity you can. As others have stated, do not ask your co-driver to do it for you. That is only retarding your progress! Challenge yourself that you are going to get that trailer in the hole! GOAL as much as you need. Be patient, do not get upset with yourself. It WILL finally "click," and you will soon be doing just fine.

Posted:  10 months ago

CFI Paid Training

I went to CFI''s school in Joplin, MO back in May of 2018. My recruitor was very thorough in explaining any questions or concerns. I thought their training was excellent. The cost was lower than most/all private schools here in Ohio. No need to worry about meals; 3 terrific cafeteria style meals each day but Sunday, along with room included in the tuition.. The instructors were top-notch and really worked with students who were having issues. If they saw you putting in the effort, but something "was not clicking" they worked with you. A lot of seat time for backing and the range. My trainer OTR was fantastic. CFI as a company was pretty good. I was only with them for a couple of months, but did not leave because of any issues with them. I highly encourage anyone thinking of becoming a driver to go with CFI, especially if you can get assigned to their training at Crowder College in Joplin, MO. Call CFI and speak to a recruitor. If she is still with them, "Courtney" will be the one to speak with.

How long are you considered a student driver? What’s the typical time out and back?

Posted:  10 months ago

Is my wife being discriminated against?

"I was having to learn the pre-trip inspection with my classmates, still doing that in the evenings or when they get the chance. I have almost my entire pre-trip down with no thanks to my trainer."

I am confused. Are you in school, or out on the road with your trainer? The instructors at school usually go over the Pre-trip one time with the students, then the Student is responsible for learning it for their CDL test. If you are out in the truck with a trainer, it is not his responsibility to continue teaching you the Pre-trip.

This is where I will step in. Hi I'm the Mrs.. My trainer told me I didn't have the brain muscle to learn via rote memorization, there for calling me stupid. Yes my concerns were practically dismissed right out of the gate. I wasn't really being taught anything. I was having to learn the pre-trip inspection with my classmates, still doing that in the evenings or when they get the chance. I have almost my entire pre-trip down with no thanks to my trainer. I was actually willing to work stuff out. He wasn't. Thank you to those that believe a woman can work and shouldn't have to be pregnant, barefoot, and in the kitchen.

Posted:  10 months, 1 week ago

Fed-up With the Trucking Industry

This is the dumbest, most childish response yet. I don't remember my parents teaching me to wipe my b***, but I figured it out. Your little sound wave equation is irrelevant. It equates 0% to figuring out how to use a simple load bar, and only makes you look stupid for trying to do so. Do "dumb, ignorant Redneck" drivers have higher IQ 's and analytical skills than you? Since they figured out how to use one; yet, you could not, I guess we know the answer. It is not a Rubic's Cube, FGS! Driving a truck takes some thinking and analytical skills, but the job responsibilities are pretty simple. Tearing equipment up, then not reporting it is no one else's fault but yours. That will get a driver fired pretty quick. The rolling loaders may be an exception, because it is difficult to do your job with bad equipment, but, 90% of everything you have complained about was your fault. I wonder how the other Driver's who attended class with you are doing? Still in the industry? Still behind the wheel. Performing well? If so, they had the same training and instructors as you did. Interesting question.

To the guy that keeps saying, "you should know how to use a load bar without having ever been taught. It's not rocket science," Here:

2 Sound_Event /chime 80 Sound_Event /open 90 Sound_Event open 240 Sound_Event /close 250 Sound_Event /announcement 260 Sound_Event announcement 360 Sound_Event /alarm 528 Sound_Event closea 536 Sound_Event /closea

I want you to tell me what that is, what it means and how you're supposed to use it. You should be able to find out without me telling you. It's not rocket science. By your logic, next time the power goes out, I should just climb on the power utility poles myself because I should know how to safely work on power utility lines without ever being trained on them. It's not rocket science. So go on. Tell me what it means and how to use it.

Posted:  10 months, 2 weeks ago

Trucking companies and COVID Vaccine

This has been a fascinating thread to prove the total discord between the populace regarding COVID.

Frankly, Brett brought the hammer down on a few people here, who appear they would have preferred living in Nazi Germany under Adolf's rule. I always appreciate Brett's brute honesty and bringing the receipts to support his opinions.

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

It keeps changing

Why on earth do people need yo check.up on a 33 year old grown man?! Unfortunately for the future of our Country, you situation is not unique. If they accept you, go to CFI. It seems ti be your only option to try to make a go at this considering it appears you will have to tow a 33. year old baby around fior the rest of your life.

Agree ! Thanks I really should leave him home near people can check up on him. Once I get going maybe he will want to come with me sometimes

Tammy I feel for you in your situation. So far from what I am reading cfi may be your best shot given the details.

I’m not the lecture type. Nor do I judge anyone. But I’ve been around the block a few times.

I left home and went into the military at 17. It made me grow up. Your son has not had to grow up as of yet. It’s never too late. I raised 4 daughters as a single parent. Scariest part of my life. I taught each of them to be self sufficient, and they are.

9 years ago I retired and moved 2400 miles away from my kids. They were all grown and through college. I worry every day, but from a distance. I did what was right for ME after doing my duty to them. It was a shock, dad was no longer 5 minutes away. However they all did fine. We are always in contact and apart of each others lives, just from a distance.

You have to do YOU at this point in your life. His best place is probably where he is at, with friends around. He can learn to clean behind himself.

Training and starting in this industry is hard. No doubt about it. You need to be able to concentrate on your studies and new career with the least amount of distractions.

Just my cent and a half. Best wishes to you and your son!!

Posted:  10 months, 3 weeks ago

Is their such a thing as a ethical or unbiased recruiter

My recruiter from CFI was very honest and upfront. I found everything she told me to be truthful. I cannot recommend CFI's company-sponsored training strongly enough. Anyone considering going with CFI, i highly recommend you drive, fly or even walk to Missouri. Anything but taking the "Grey Dog"! lol

Posted:  10 months, 4 weeks ago

Mom died tonight

My condolences to you and your family. May your Mother rest in peace.

Posted:  11 months, 3 weeks ago

CFI

Please, by all means and call Amanda and tell her to send you "somewhere else." I am sure CFI's management will bend to their knees to your request. You are in no position to be making demands to CFI. Not now, as a student, nor later as a possible driver hired by them. Seems the only thing you have done in this thread is complain about how awful CFI's training and/or instructors are. I trained in Joplin, and everything about their school was very good. I highly doubt there is such a huge difference between the two schools. If you are having issues, I will bet that CFI isn't the cause.

I'm to the point where I'm gonna call Amanda and tell her to send me somewhere else or figure something out. I'm not the only one.

Posted:  11 months, 3 weeks ago

Why has my backing gotten so bad?

Is Tammy a CDL holder who is out here working, or looking to get into driving? I am confused.

Ya I dont know why they are pulling your posts apart. I get the jist of all your posts and I would be ****ed if they were doubting me. I like this forum and it seems you do too. I think your posts are genuine and your really looking for ideas.

Tammy, you have been here only a little over a month, so are unaware of what we have been dealing with regarding Zach, his problems and his drama over the past 8 mths. The guys are trying to help him not only with trucking issues but also with life. I have no patience for his drama, so have quit dealing with him.

Laura