Comments By Donna M.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0115068001530588885-79862.jpg avatar

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Cannabis Testing, Swift, NYC Ban on Cannabis Testing

I was in Arkansas last week in a very small truck stop and they had all kinds of Cannabis oils and pills. They even had urine u could purchase. I was shocked I’m from Georgia we don’t have that junk for sell. However I was more shocked it was in a truck stop.

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Parkland coward during shooting

Guess us women aren’t the only moody ones!

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

DOT driving test

I not sure what he means in the driving test? I got my cdl class a in Missouri only had to point to each item. However when I tested for my class b in Georgia we did have to use a creeper to show drive shaft, universal joints, etc .

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

Prime Upgrade Freeze

Same talk when I went in, in January. Signed up one hour later I had the keys to a 2019 feightliner. Did have to wait one day for them to install the pc.

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

New member question about swift.

There is a section on logs on Tt and it’s real good.

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

Handicap truck parking spaces???

We can’t all be just alike, heck I’m short have to drive with seat all the way up just to reach pedals. However we learn to adjust and as adults we learn there are consequences for our action. Was he fat because the burgers had a lot of calories, no he was fat cause he ate them. People like crutches, I need Adderall, Xanax, etc. okay then u can’t drive a 80,000 pound truck. Who ever allowed that guy to pass a physical was wrong!

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

Handicap truck parking spaces???

A few weeks back I accidentally backed into a handicap in the reserve area so I pulled out and parked one spot over. Just a little while driver pulls into spot. This guy was beyond obese, I was amazed he was able to get out of the truck. He was barely able to walk. Comes back out with two bags of Wendy’s. Now I’m really watching! Seat all the way back, steer wheel up and he does this squeeze act to get in. He eats his food and then tosses the trash out the window (guess he couldn’t walk to trash can). I understand obesity is a medical condition; however perhaps one less burger and a short walk to trash can would have helped his medical condition.

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

Low underpasses

13'7" and 13'8" are not low overpasses. Anything under 13'6" is low. Where you have to really watch the 13'6" overpasses is if the street has a dip at the overpass and it inclines sharply. If not careful, you could top out your trailer coming out from under it.

Oh gosh never thought of that! Now u gave me something else to worry about! I think I’ve watched to many videos about this. They look like they peel open like a can opener.

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

Low underpasses

The ones that aren’t marked scare me. If it looks low I’ll pull over and wait for another semi to pass under it.

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

90 day Dot card

Prime issued me a 90 day. I had to take a sleep study not due to BMI but because I had a previous study done. I did the study and did not have sleep apnea therefore prime paid for the study. I was issued a one year card. It was explained to me that due to taking high blood pressure medication I would need to renew each year.

Posted:  4 weeks ago

The World Is My Dock

Oh come on guys, us reefer drivers have some very interesting days as well. This week I delivered to a Hispanic meat market in Houston. Had to ask their customers to move so I could back into their alley so I could hit dock. I speak no Spanish they spoke no English. It was interesting!

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Leasing!

Susan I bet the view out your side mirror will take some getting use to. When I have to bt I keep looking for the dang trailer.

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Question?

He wasn’t old enough for 20 years ago, but I understand what your saying. Had to be something like that, other wise that wouldn’t let him drive the truck in and park it.

Posted:  4 weeks ago

PLEASE help drug test question...

If he gets a 5 panel he may make it. However if the company he is applying to has a 6 panel or a swab test he’s busted.

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Question?

I’m in Louisiana in the ta eating. I see a state trooper blue light a yellow gamer logistics truck right on the ramp in to truck stop. They are there for a long time. I’m thinking must not be a regular ticket. Well then the driver drives his truck in to truck stop parks it with the cop right behind him. Once he is parked the cop puts the guy in the cop car and they leave. Is this the way Louisiana handles truck driver or am I missing something?

Posted:  1 month ago

Leasing!

When I came to prime I didn’t take the leasing classes. I was more concerned with learning to drive a semi, the road , my clock and thousand more things that one needs to know to survive out here. I knew I did not have the knowledge to operate a trucking business. What I have learned about leasing has all come from Rainy and of course she is company. However I have all the prime Facebook pages and boy do I learn some stuff there!!! They whin there isn’t enough feight, too long on appointments, not enough money, and the latest “I had to sit cause of the holiday. I dropped this morning in Fort Worth and I’m sitting 13 miles from my Houston drop for tomorrow which I have exact four hours left on my 70 to drop with. I will have 3,365 miles for the week and this is my third week of over 3,000. Everyone comes to trucking to make money and should think when leasing. That first 800$ to 900$ a week that u makes goes for that truck payment. One girl stated her paycheck after payment was 37$. That won’t buy a decent meal out here.

Posted:  1 month ago

I’m Starting At Prime Inc Salt Lake City Tomorrow

When I got to Prime I had never even been inside a semi. U will be just fine.

Posted:  1 month ago

Stuck In Pittston

Hey I was in Souderton PA Friday! Didn’t get to stay long they sent me back to Houston. First time driving up there solo. It’s really beautiful this time of the year. It’s been like 5 months since I’ve seen a terminal.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Ozarks

You’re not far from me. But I’m ready to get the heck out of here. There is a forecast for some nasty weather today.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

My truck stop!

Oh no ! Long as they will pay me to drive their truck I’m all good!