Comments By Donna M.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0445507001564791510-79862.jpg avatar
  • Donna M.
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Qualcomm hack?

I had a lady that was with a small carrier she had a hand held notebook that they logged with. She didn’t know how to work it . She had logged herself off. I tried to log her back in and it automatically pooped on my qc asking to connect. Perhaps they use the same browser.

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

CDL school doesn't teach the new drivers everything they need to know to succeed according to Old School and Brett.

Training doesn’t make anyone a trucker. Just this week we had a young guy went through training done his 35k to 50k miles. His trainer said he was ready. Prime gave him a truck, he went to Walmart decked it all out. Plenty of pictures on fb. First load he had oil pressure problems with reefer, didn’t even know how to open door on reefer. He violated his hours two consecutive days. He was late to his 90. His second load he was posting his weights, said he had moved the fifth wheel three times and couldn’t get it right. Didn’t even know what hole his tandems were in. Prime pulled him back in to go with another trainer. He went to SLC now he wants to work at the prime terminal. Trucking career done!

Posted:  3 weeks, 4 days ago

Assignment Changed While Sleeping

There is no way that’s your fault. She knew u were in the sleeper, she knew your truck didn’t move, and u didn’t commit to the load. I just finished an unload In Houston. I’m getting parked for the night. Weekend dispatch sends me a purposed load. I texted him back and said load was supposed to be picked up 4 hours ago and it’s 4 days out for the 90. I hurried up and got in the sleeper.. 10 minutes later he calls first words were sorry to call u in the sleeper but will u pick up at 10:00 in the morning and drop at Laredo yard tomorrow. That works! Prime has the ability to keep a close eye on us. I’m curious did u ask her why she didn’t call u ? Rainy asked her fleet manager not to send her dispatches while she was sleeping because she couldn’t sleep worrying she would miss one. Perhaps ask your fm what could be done to avoid another situation like this and let her know it’s causing u some anxiety .

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

I am headed to Prime next week in Salt Lake City, so very excited!

So I have packed all my clothing, my recruiter told me to pack for three weeks, since I would not be home for approximately 7 or more weeks. I didn't bring any business attire, because I figure this is the trucking world. Was I wrong, should I bring business attire? I packed a bunch of new items, so my clothes will all look nice, as long as when I unroll them from the ziploc bags they are not too bad in wrinkles. Also they put us up in a hotel nearby, so I have a place to stay already. I have bought some of the stuff already to be ready to drive, so I am ready to get on the plane in two days!

I was in the salt. Lake terminal last week. Very nice people there. The terminal is under a lot construction. It’s the smallest one we have about 1/3 the size of Springfield where I was trained. Not sure about the housing for students, can’t help u there. As for clothing remember this is a week long interview dress appropriately. Once on the road most shippers require pants and closed toe shoes. No steel toe required. I’m not saying u can’t wear shorts however we work in a mans world and “most of us” don’t want the added attention. Bring all your wires the trucks have plenty of plug-ins. Don’t forget your sun glasses and it may be a while before u get home so think about the changing weather. I didn’t bring bedding with me just bought it before I went out on tnt.

No, no business attire. They are looking at u to see how u will represent Prime at a shipper or receiver. The best advice I can give u. Be early to everything! It’s a tremendous big deal cause if u can’t be on time for class u won’t be on time with loads. Monday your first day will be stressful..a lot to get done that day.

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

CDL Class A / Class B Medical Marijuana

😮 WOW 😲

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

I am headed to Prime next week in Salt Lake City, so very excited!

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Passed my CDL permit

dancing-banana.gif 😎

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Last week

Great job on making it a year! Are you planning on any changes or are you happy with Prime and plan on staying?

I’m really happy at prime. I have a great fleet manager he keeps me moving. I average about 3000 miles a week. I’ve talked to him maybe 5 times on the phone in my 6 months. Usually it’s when he wants me to do a favor, like last week it sent me hunting a missing truck and he paid me nicely for my time. I thought once my year was up I would want to go south/eastern region. However at this point I think that would be boring.

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Last week

Congrats Donna on your benchmark. That one is a biggie for sure.

After your comment about the south I looked at your profile. We are almost neighbors, lol. Small world.

Running out west is very different for sure but it will be an experience you will never forget. I usually run out to ca and back once a month if I don’t have anything specific going on.

Enjoy your experiences and stay safe

In training we ran to California a lot. But it was more one coast to the other not a lot variation in the states nor roads. Many of these states were new ones for me. I’m anxious to get a feel for them before winter cause Georgia people don’t know SNOW!

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Last week

That's the neat thing about trucking. You can see some amazing sights in the USA, and get paid at the same time!

Did you do ok on those Rocky Mountain roads?

I thought the Rockies was just awesome and rather fun to drive. The drive out was an all nighter ( which I hate) drove 95 (two lane) most of way. After I unloaded in Utah and then on to Reno it was pretty awesome.

Posted:  4 weeks ago

Last week

Last week was a big week for me. One-year anniversary at prime. A new dot card. Got to visit the terminal in Salt Lake City. Drove in some states I’ve never been in. Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Nebraska, Colorado. I felt like the rookie on my first week out in that area. It’s just so different from the south. Left Reno with a load going to Arkansas. It was fun, but the south is calling!

Posted:  1 month ago

Crazy stuff

Sounds like a few days I had just coming off home time. Hit Colorado E470 NB and get 3 miles and the left front drive blows. 8 hours later I'm finally roll'n again. Little over 85 miles later the new tire starts to come a part on NB I-25 mm 1.5 in Wyoming. 8 hours later I PC to the rest stop at mm 4. Next day, stop at Echo Canyon rest area to "check tires". What do I find? Both right side tandems are about to come a part. Luckily I was close to SLC. Prime sent a tech out and did a NASCAR level tire change. Was only down 2 hours on that one.

In short, I can feel your pain.

Brought my non working reefer here to Salt lake my first time here. Not Springfield but everyone was very nice.

Posted:  1 month ago

Crazy stuff

I have been having one thing after another going wacky lately. First I had a broken coupling on my blue line. Had to wait on road assistance. 50 miles down the road semi flips right in front of me with a load of chicken feed. Had to get the load repowered 200 miles from drop. Picked up my next load blue line is into. Had to have it replaced. Next day getting evening driver is blowing at me. I pull over to see what’s wrong my running lights have quit. I run my flashers to the petro. Blown relay! So I finally make it to salt lake I’m 8 hours early( reset the clock) the reefer decides to quit. Road assistance says it is the oil pressure sensor and has to come to terminal to be fixed. I came into receiver and begged them to take load early. They found someone to unload it. Their lumpers don’t come in till midnight. I think I’m gonna get me some del taco and forget this junk.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Diagnosed with sleep apnea, but lost weight and quit smoking.

When I went to prime I included that I had previously had a sleep study. 17 years ago, no medical records. They had me to take another study, no sleep apnea. Didn’t cost me anything!

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Prime Inc Issues New Pay Raise Toay

Solo company drivers START at 45 cpm In a lightweight, that means you'll make 50cpm to start. That does not include the bonuses that you'll get weekly for fuel savings, utility, and safety

I’m confused how are light weight making 50 𝐜pm ?

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Pay!

So much conversations about pay scales today. Prime gave company drivers one cents more plus a nice fuel bonus plan. Thank u ! But I was thinking as I’m traveling I-20 I’d probably get paid more if I got paid by how many orange barrels I pass in a day!

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Good food!

Ordered me a 14 oz steak (rare) at the Big Easy in New Orleans. It was awesome tender, juicy, and cooked and seasoned just right! What y’all eating tonight?

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

One of THOSE days...

Hope your day gets better!

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Training blues

We all smell those guys in truck stops. I’ve even seen shippers spraying Lysol after a driver walked out. I saw one trainer her toe nails were so long they were rotting off her toes. A friend of mine had a trainer that did all her bathroom visits in the truck. Super disgusting! But getting a new trainer is not always easy. He may get one that is worse and then he’s stuck.

Posted:  1 month, 4 weeks ago

Truckers wife /passenger

Conversation, that’s what we all lack when driving. You’re gonna have to adapt to truck living. Mainly you’re gonna have to learn to sleep when he sleeps. A solo driver is just not use to someone moving around in the truck while they’re sleeping.