Comments By Robert D. (Raptor)

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0404561001540129365-80957.jpg avatar

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Thanks I will

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Windshield leak

Yep it is a FL. And nope it is leaking from the bottom of it on the passenger side, just above the dashboard, down the backside to the floor. But now that I wiped the floor all up, it isn't leaking anymore. But time will tell.

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Congratulations Grumpy!

I knew you could do it. So it gets better. You start to breathe, and say to yourself, is this really happening? Did I have anyone else in the truck with me. My first day, I looked over at the passenger seat, and said, what do you think we should handle this first assignment? But of course no answer from the passenger seat. Hey you'll do fine.

Rainy, I'm sure you're tracking me so I can visit you're dungeon. NOT! It's good to see that I do show up on the map sometimes.

I'm supposed to be sleeping, can't get even close being sleepy. Maybe you could work one of your spells? Anyway, just a light sleep, not permanent.

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Windshield leak

It has been raining all day here in NW Oregon. And I got some water under the dash on the passenger side. So cleaned it up and haven't seen any so far. I will look again at 0130, and see if it has returned. I really DO NOT want to stop a terminal and wait 2-4 hours to have it fixed. But it does need to be addressed if it continues.

Any Swifties out there ever have a windshield fixed other than at a terminal??

Well off to bed. Note all, keep the rubber side down.

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

JoAnne

I have been busy. I'm in a little place called Donald at the TA 'til around 0130. Going through Portland to Hermiston for a load to NE. Supposed to be there on 04/01, but will try to deliver early. I haven't been on TT for a bit, for 2 reasons, one, have been super busy. Two, I don't want to get into it now. Always know that I have been real close to your area several times, but usually late at night or early morning. Maybe next time come through we can meet up at one of the truck stops and I'll buy ya a coffee. And that goes for any other on TT. I know what it's like to deal with adult children. They think they know everything and now that they are an adult they don't want mom and dad telling them what to do. This has has been going on since biblical times. Remember the prodigal son. Well all you can do is try to give them guidance and hope that what you taught them will finally sink in. It finally got through to my son. So, how have you been? I hadn't seen any of your comments lately as Grumpy said. And as Marc Lee said your smiling face. Well off to bed I am, 0130 comes early.

Posted:  4 weeks, 1 day ago

Slow cookers

I have a 2 qt from Walmart. Plus use the liners. I can buy a chuck roast and cut it in half, put in my veggies and seasoning, add a little water. Put it on high and in 5-6 hours nice dinner waiting at the end of the day. It cost $9.95. I know the liners are for 5-6qt crocks but it still limits the amount of clean up. I was going to call the company that makes the liners to see if they have smaller liners.

Posted:  1 month ago

Wash those hands frequently

Got that Tractor Man. I can't believe some of them. Won't go into details. Soon as get back to my tractor I wipe my hands and then anything I've touched. So you're not a germaphobe, just common sense.

Posted:  1 month ago

CPAP Cleaner Question

This is good info I can't seem to get rid of either allergies or cold since I've been on the truck. When I'm home I use the kitchen sink with hot soapy water. They told not to use Dawn but Joy. Dawn is too strong on the hose and mask.

Rainy how big is this So Clean machine? Is it as big as the cpap machine? Anyway I am so tired of the sneezing and runny nose part of using the cpap.

Posted:  1 month ago

Truck comparison

When I drove tankers they had all Pete's. It climbed hills and mountains a lot better than my freightliner. I think the companies buy the smallest powertrains. I understand the costs are better with fl, but at least put a better powertrain in them. And definately go back to a standard tranny. If you can't drive a stick than find another line of work. Or master it. You didn't just wake up when you were learning to walk and start running. It takes practice. My only positive thing to say about autoshift is when I'm in traffic. No other positive response from me. Sorry G-town..........

Posted:  1 month ago

Truck comparison

I have a question for ya'll. When I was in a 2016 fl I got 7.5 mpg with a 13 sp. When I got into the 2018 fl I get 6.2/6.3mpg. So I'm not convinced that the autoshift is better in fuel economy than the manual. Plus I could go 68 mph in 2016.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

The photo and opportunity that took almost 7 years to achieve!

Congratulations that is an awesome photo. I came across an OD with triples in Colorado so that's where you must be. Triples is a little scary in windy areas. But great job.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Manual or Automatic?

I'll try it down the grapevine tomorrow or tonight which ever I get my next load. I have training in about an hour at the terminal for close quarters maneuvers. Then a trip to Sacramento and home to put things in motion to vacate my apartment. That's for another thread.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Manual or Automatic?

After being in the 13 speed with my first mentor and gone through 2 others with autoshift, and of course my 2018 that I now drive, I can say the 2016 13 got better mileage than any of the 3 autoshifts. The only benefit I see in the autoshift is in traffic and lots of city driving. I don't like the way it backs. I don't like the way in tight turns it tells me the clutch is overheating. I can't keep my my downhill speed from going crazy unless I have it in cruise and using the Jake. I got 7.5 average with the 13 speed and 6.2 with the autoshifts. So what is the benefit? You say well you're not paying for the fuel Swift is. Well, I have to stop more often for fuel. Plus I could control my backing speed and downhill speed better. I asked if they had any manuals anywhere in these UNITED STATES, where there was a manual but was told bluntly NO.

YOU will never convince me that the autoshift is better. As Rainy said, Sniff, sniff.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Tractor Man

I guess they figured you can handle it. So you're a pickup man besides being Tractor Man! Maybe next time.

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

How long has it been since you updated your location?

Brett when I was in North Carolina last week it said you were only 125 miles from me. Now I know you are in NY so I don't think that NC is that close to NY. But hey that is the closest I have been to you since I started on here. Who knows what the web will do? Raptor

Posted:  1 month, 1 week ago

Tractor Man

Are you at Jurupa Valley? I'm down the road at the Petro. Truck Stop. Jurupa Valley doesn't have the shower finished yet. But I'll be back to The terminal tomorrow morning.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

How long has it been since you updated your location?

Just a few minutes ago for me. It only takes a couple of minutes. (Shaming y'all)

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Can you be an actual owner/operator at Prime?

Here's another thing to consider. You went home for 2 days, now your ready They give only 100 miles for the rest of the week. Now what?

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Side effects from cancer treatment: Radiation

Michael

I have had to go through lung cancer, motorcycle accident. I know some of the issues you're talking about. With my trainers we always were near a restroom. But be advised, with the meds for not having to get up at night. Once you start then you're on them for life. But they have a med to get off that one. Kind of redundant but that is what I had to do. The meds before were only 62% effective. So now they might have a better one. Talk openly with you Urologist. Don't hold anything back. Mine was cause by the catheter when I was in the motorcycle accident. Men were not meant to have one in for 47 days or longer. Anyway at least it's only once a night now. Not four. But as Packrat said, get your med stuff done before you jump into this.

Posted:  1 month, 2 weeks ago

Today has been a doozy!

After I sat for hours at the shipper yesterday and wasted all my hours there. I get up to a full clock. I go to the consignee, the tandoms will not disengage so they won't slide back the air valve won't lock. I open up the doors and the forklift driver stabbed his forks through 2 bags of dolomite (it is a powder that goes around trees). Spilling all over my refer floor. So when I'm done I call to get a refer washout. But before I can go to my next load I have to get the tandoms fixed. The closest one is in Boise. I'm in Caldwell. So Off I go to get them fixed. So here is my second late assignment because of mechanical problems.