Comments By Robert D. (Raptor)

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0404561001540129365-80957.jpg avatar

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Help with hanging chains on rack.

I'm with PackRat.

Better to chain for a short distance than wait days. Now Rainy as funny as you think ur first answer to Tractor Man was, it wasn't helpful. Now you are usually very helpful. So how much sugar have you had today?

Tractor Man

You will need them so infrequent with Swift. They don't want you driving in it (snow), if possible.

Raptor

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

The Guys Who Do The Most Complaining Put In The Least Effort

Old School

Thank you for complaining about the miles you got. Thank you for complaining about the pay you will be getting. Thank you for listening to the guy who was complaining so I didn't have to hear him. Thank you for doing your job right by complaining about it. LOL

AS LDRSHP said soldiers always complain. But do so while getting it done. We had the same in the Air Force.

But also when I drove before, we had guys and gals who would complain about any changes the company made. Instead of just complying with the new changes they get their BP up and don't start on time and can't get their collective head out of their a****. So when paychecks came they would complain they didn't get their right pay. So we had a safety meeting and he was late about 20 minutes. Did they keep their traps shut, NO. He was such a good guy and always made sure if you were getting it done he would go to bat for you against the VP. Anyway, Raptor is rambling again and all I wanted to do is joke a little with OS.

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

That Was A Fast Response

Welcome Hobo

You picked the best th place to get all your answers to almost any questions you have about trucking.

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

Jake brake question

I use the Jake all the time I'm going down hill. It does save on the service brakes. Pack Rat is right. This guy is teaching you wrong. Why would you need the Jake if you are using your service brakes. Now you can use them together but not necessarily. If the Jake doesn't get me down to the speed I want, then I will use the service brakes

Anyway Grumpy definately do not use in heavy rain or Ice or snow. Just like you I can't wait 'til training is over.

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

No air bag dump on my new Freightliner

I love the king pin release. All those years before fight the release handle I had the shop build me a release handle out of an old release handle. I don't think I have had to use the air bag dump yet.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Service failure?

Congratulations Turtle

I'm glad you got it straightened out.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Noticed my air tank hanging

Good call Jamie! I hate waiting on maintenance people. And most of the time it's not their fault for taking so long. Always best to keep things around to secure it if possible.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Tractor Assignment........Finally!

Congratulations Tractor Man

It was worth the wait. So are you still in Phoenix?

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Scaling a load

I had a load with my first mentor that we couldn't slide the tandoms. They were frozen and would not move. He told me to take this certain route around the scales. I will never do that again. I was scared for a half hour after getting back on the I -15. I'm not going to risk my license because he didn't want to have the load redistributed. We were 2200 over our 80,000 limit.

But I don't know what the best way of figuring it out, but there has to be a good rule of thumb.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Finished my 50 hour refresher with Swift

Congrats on finishing your refresher. I'm still 25 hours shy of my goal. I asked for a trainer that did 48 state but that didn't happen. Good luck on upgrading.

Raptor

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Here is cudos to McClane cold storage

Raptor likes bites also!

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Here is cudos to McClane cold storage

Bobcat

I wish more were like that also. But hey, we can't have our cake and eat it too. Or can we? Time will tell.

Raptor

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Here is cudos to McClane cold storage

Rainy

Don't gloat too much it might bite you in the a**!

Yes Big T, our load originally was supposed to be a drop and hook but when we got there it wasn't ready.

Anyway, it was a good experience for me to see efficiency in action.

Raptor

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Here is cudos to McClane cold storage

We had a 6 am appointment with McClane cold storage in Rancho Cucamonga. These guys are really good. We stayed outside there palace from 0100 to 0500 when they opened. Went in by 0515 everything was done paperwork signed and completed by 0630. If anyone has to go to JBS meats in Tolleson get ready for a long, long time to get loaded.

Anyway McClane was the fastest I have encountered since my mentoring stage started.

So again, cudos to McClane Cold Storage.

Raptor

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

PackRat...where are you???

Dang I just left Phoenix and I am in Rancho Cucamonga for a 6 am delivery. Then back to Phoenix after a pickup near here. Then the truck has to get the oil changed. Probably an all day affair. We'll meet up one of these days.

Posted:  2 weeks, 4 days ago

Rainy and Packrat are close to where Raptor is

Rainy

You're 35 miles from me .

Packrat

You're are 51 miles from me.

Rainy might be your last chance to get the Raptor in your dungeon I hear about. BUT NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

The only one I have met from TT is Tractor Man. Hope he is faring well with his mentor.

It's very late and I need some much deserved sleep.

Raptor

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

I Wish I Were An Oscar Meyer Weiner...

Just, think Susan you could start all over again in truck school.

Old School

You almost made me drop my drink!

Raptor

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Finally got assigned a Mentor

Tractor Man Great glad to here it. Don't forget to keep in touch.

Raptor

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Pulling a H. O. Wolding reefer?!?!

Ldrshp

Pulling a refer is no big deal. You make sure the refer is full of diesel and make sure the temperature is kept at the temp that is on on your BOL. That is all I have hauled since coming to Swift. As you drive and look into your left rear mirror you can see the LEDs in green or white, if they are amber or red you ha e a problem. And you had better take care of it real quick. I have never seen amber or red so I wouldn't sweat it if it stays green or white. But when you stop for fuel or your 30 break just gander at the temp, if it is still what the bol says you are good to go. Now if you have 2 different temps for your bol then it's a little more complicated. But not too much. Now starting them can be daunting at first, but once you send it through its protip it will be ok.

Raptor

Posted:  2 weeks, 6 days ago

Lying Recruiters And The Dirty Lies

Alexander/Sonny B.

Did you wake up one morning and think you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth?

YOU NEED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOU!

I don't think you actually listened to the recruiter, you heard $1400-$1800 and that's all you listened to him/her. I drove before and now I'm coming back to it. But I asked questions like crazy when I was in Orientation. I have a good understanding of of the responsibilities I have as a rookie driver again. When you're in the terminals you can pick out the terminal rats right away. Stay clear of them. They are a cancer. I don't know your age, but you sound very naive and young to believe what a recruiter said to you regarding the pay you will get without checking it out first. You have been given so many very good and sound advice from some very intelligent people on this forum.

Brett started this website for the soul purpose of showing and sharing his KNOWLEDGE and the KNOWLEDGE of other experienced drivers here and you call them morons. Who's the moron for not checking to see if what the recruiter said was accurate? The moderators on here have more patience than I.

You need to grow up and go back to the company that you were with, and eat crow if you have to. Get your job back, do your job and the money will come.

AS YOU WERE TOLD, THIS IS PERFORMANCE BASED BUSINESS. NOT PAID BY THE HOUR!!!!!

RAPTOR