Profile For Rubber Duck

Rubber Duck's Info

Pittsburgh , PA

1 year, 4 months ago

Rubber Duck's Bio

Flatbed Driver. I’m hanging on for dear life. I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Fighting for survival. Born to be the rulers of them all.

Rubber Duck's Photo Gallery

Posted:  18 hours, 27 minutes ago

New driver failed drug test

Call the police and press charges against him for drugging you. This is pretty sad and screwed up. He's not your friend. He's sick and demented.

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Tips, Tricks, And Techniques For Rookie Drivers

The DEF Pump has a trigger lock

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Palletized coils correctly placed?

How many axles on that trailer?

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

Tarping Tall Loads

This is how I do it.

0860294001599698813.jpg

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

Runaway truck!

Probably just taking his 10 and trying to get as far off the road as he could. All so he didn't have to listen to all then nasty jake brakes.

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

CR England and Premier Trucking School

You say they paid for everything but mentioned your credit had something to do with that. So if you have good credit cdl school is free but if you have bad credit it cost money. I don't understand?

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm trying to join the trucking industry I'm a retired security officer from California. A buddy of mine said he got his CDL and a OTR job with CR England & Premier trucking school. I was looking into to this myself and may be going to this school at the end of December. My question is, what do y'all think about CR England and Premier trucking school?

Please tell me you're thoughts on this school and company I would highly appreciate it.

I recommend you don’t get your CDL through a trucking company. I got mine through a community college. They paid for everything and I didn’t pay a dime. I had perfect credit so I was approved for the program.

Plus, by going through my community college I could go to any company I wanted and leave if they sucked. If you go through C.R England what if they’re bad? Don’t want to be trapped under their mercy. I quit my first trucking job for example at TMC

Posted:  3 weeks ago

I am interested in owner op

I would suggest being a company driver for a few years before you jump into the lease thing. It's not lazy drivers discouraging you from lease. It's smart drivers who know how hard it is to turn a profit in trucking. Back in the day guys knew how to work on their trucks and the pay was exceptional. It's a whole different animal today. I know lots of guys who swear I should go lease and they are pretty passionate about it. The only problem is their numbers never make sense to me. Sort of the way Gore just couldn't get through to the American people about the lock box. It seemed like a good idea and I liked it. I just wasn't ready to risk it all on one guys fuzzy math.

Posted:  3 weeks, 5 days ago

First Solo week in the books

Congratulations. dancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gifdancing-banana.gif

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

Who is more guilty

The driver is at fault. He should of gotten the load delivered without needing to go over his hours. More than likely he wasn’t doing a very good job and his DM was sick of his crap. He’s probably there so they can help him with trip planning and managing his clock and they used the excuse of an hours of service violation to get him in. There’s always more to the story so don’t let em fool you.

Posted:  1 month, 3 weeks ago

RECENT CDL GRAD (GOT TERMINATED FOR VIOLATING COMPANY POLICY)

You didn’t like your trainer. Why?

I’m a recent CDL grad and I got terminated for “violating company policy” by TMC. During training on my home time I had beer in my hotel room and TMC fired me for violating company policy. Because their company policy states you can’t have beer when they’re paying for your hotel stay. Which I wasn’t aware of. I was only with TMC for a week... They even gave me a “reasonable suspicion” test for Alcohol — which I passed. I blew .000... What can I do now???

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Manuel Vs Automatic

I don’t know what they got you doing where your at but I’ll tell you how it typically should be going. You get a paper that tells you word for word what to point at and what to say while your pointing at it. I sat down one night and just kept reading that paper over and over until i memorized it word for word. There shouldn’t be anything that comes up that will throw you through a loop.

To answer your question I don’t think there will be any difference between a manual and auto except for maybe when you do the air brake test. Your supposed to put the transmission in 1st gear and shut the truck off during the air brake test. I never did learn what you do in an auto so I figured you put it in drive. So the first time I did it in an auto I put it in drive and shut the truck off. Then I switched the key over without starting it and the alarm kept going off. I got sick of hearing that alarm so I switched it to neutral for the test. I don’t think it matters though. The alarm I’m talking about is the one that tells you your trucks in drive and won’t start until it’s in neutral.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

PGT trucking - Any input?

I seen a YouTube guy named trucking by faith making videos about Pgt. He could probably give you some info. Just search trucking by faith on youtube. He seems to love it there but says rates are down but might be getting better soon. Both tmc and Pgt pay percentage but tmc starts at a little higher as you move up In percentage faster at tmc. They are a little more strict on things like cleaning the truck. I cant even get into the blue beacon most days because their guys are all there at once. What tmc pays for truck washes a week could feed the entire population of a small third world country.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Flatbed with Prime?

I see now the errors in my calculations but found more. I see now your talking about getting home Friday and leaving back out Monday once a month. Now in that case I think the income potential is greater but much less home time than a regional driver would get. I was thinking home not driving for 5 days in a row. Which is what a new driver might of believed when you say 4 or five days home.

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Flatbed with Prime?

I don’t doubt you did good. What I doubt is you took 5 days off in a row after 4 weeks and did good. I’m not just basing this on a guess. I shouldn’t of said that. It’s actually a matter of fact that your going to reset or your going to run recaps. Either way your taking off time each week either by being short hours or doing a reset. If you realized my way of thinking which is the right way of thinking before you take a job then you can make the best choice on which job to take. If your plan is to take 5 days off after 4 weeks your running like a part timer. Your losing Lots of money.

And you're basing that statement on what?

You see, I actually drove a flatbed for prime, so I'm basing my statement on facts and experience. Never once in my time did I take 3 resets in a month.

My guess

Exactly. It's only a guess on your part. We don't deal in guesses here, we give people unbiased facts and let them make their own decision.

I can't speak for TMC, but my time at Prime showed me that days can turn into weeks in a row when freight is good. Ebb & flow.

Statements such as Rubber Duck's are simply guesses with no basis in fact.

I did very well at Prime, because I put forth the effort. I'm confident I would have done equally well at TMC.

That is the truth.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Flatbed with Prime?

This is the trucking fantasy. It's not the same amount of time off. Your going to reset on the road 3 times in a 4 week period then take 5 days off. Im no mathematician far from it but the writing is on the wall. My guess is a minimum of 10 thousand dollars in losses to the driver if a he raN this way. But it's not all about money so if being home 5 days in a row is worth 10k a year I say go for it then. Being happy is what it's all about. I'm just trying to tell the truth on the trucking truth because that's the truth.

Rubber Duck states:

Whether someone takes a 34 every weekend or instead takes several days off in a row at the end of the month, the amount of days taken off are the same. So the argument that you'd lose thousands and thousands of dollars is false.

Income potential at both companies is largely identical, and based on a driver's effort.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Thinking about career change from law enforcement to truck driving

Thanks for what you do and I hope things change. I think after the election things will get back to normal.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Flatbed with Prime?

The whole home for 5 days in a row thing is a pay check killer. Sounds great until you got to go without a pay for a whole week. You might think your going to make more staying out for 3 to to 4 weeks but that’s just a myth. What’s really going to happen is your going to lose a ton of money going home for a whole week and at the end of the year your going to be missing thousand and thousands of dollars compared to what you would of made doing resets at your house every weekend. I say go with TMC if your interested in flatbed. The orientation is longer because the company wants you to know the TMC way and not just your trainers way of doing things. Trust me things get lost in translation and trainers don’t always know everything about flatbed. Is primes 50k ran as a team? Is TMC otr training ran as team? Those are important questions if your considering one over the other based on how much you like the idea of 50k miles of training. Is it really training or is it team driving?

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Early Fireworks--Blown Steer Tire

Glad you didn’t get hurt. If they let you go out the door with tires like that I’d be looking them brakes over next. Jeez.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

I've had two accidents and I'm having trouble finding work. Which second chance trucking companies will hire me?

Why say no to training? What if you could make 26k more a year training would that be worth it?

Thank you Brother fro your story, i do not mind the low pay, I just want to get exp. MY 2nd accident totally caught me off guard in life. But I will look into Western Express, Pam, and Trans am. Is it possible to avoid lease purchase for Western Express or is that a bad thing if they are giving me a chance?

I am i western express driver. Many on here have seen me say this a lot. WE hired me when I havent driven in 5 years. Your at fault wreck may cause you to go out with a trainer for 250 driving ours. Nothing wrong with that. The pay is bare minimum but they are hiring you when no one else would. They also shove lease purchase down your throat. Run hard have a good attitude with your trainer and dm. When things go wrong the roll off like water off a duck's back. *****ing about it wont fix it any faster. Oh get a watch since you are so uncertain

WE is no different than most when it comes to lease purchase. They will ask you a few times, just say no, it wont ruffle any feathers. They will also try to push training on you, again just say no. After a few no replies they will stop. They wont hold either one against you. Like you've heard their pay is on the low end but they do have newer equipment and take care of it.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

Papa Pigs Zainy Rookie Solo Adventures

I love how you mentioned looking for a way to back out Incase you got to the point you couldn’t go anymore. So funny.