Profile For Liz D.

Liz D.'s Info

Williamstown , NJ

Rookie Solo Driver

1 year, 4 months ago

Liz D.'s Bio

Total noob but have decided to leave my career in retail as a manager and get back on my own again. I was self employed for twenty years operating a small greenhouse range and farm market. I also dabbled in other businesses and have decided I love being my own boss. So here I am stepping into the world of the professional truck driver. Looking forward to the challenges ahead. Been out of TNT and on my own since March 2020 as a lease operator.

Liz D.'s Photo Gallery

Posted:  2 months ago

Trucking under Democratic or Republican Government

Join me on my boat, that’s the next thing on my list l, tired of taxes.

As a former govt employee ..any govt is run horribly. I want them out of my life and I am moving to a cabin in MT. Lol

Posted:  2 months ago

1 year anniversary

I am putting an email together to see what Prime can do for me. I love driving for Prime, I was just in Pittston for an oil change and tires and I got a call from home for an emergency and headed back home was hoping to be on the road. Hopefully tomorrow. I am beyond frustrated at this point. Let’s see what happens. Thanks

^^^^^ Cool that, for SURE, Leeva804 ~!!

LIZ, major kudos, and congrats ~!!! dancing-banana.gifdancing-dog.gifdancing-banana.gif

I don't have any advice, but some of the folks in the replies above have given you some solids, it seems~!!

I'm just thinking (and hoping!) that you can / could / will / would find something inside Prime's abilities to support you & your familial needs. I sure wish you well in that respect also, ma'am. Hope things are looking up, soon! Just knowing that Prime is probably THE hardest large company to get into (and fairly so,) it'd be a bummer to have to leave there, after all the training, time, etc... that you've endured and accomplished there!

Wishing you the best, no matter what!

~ Anne ~

ps: Moi hubby just said, find out who hauls for International Paper in your area; could be something to look into!! His company, FAB, isn't out your way. :(

pps: Garner, here in Findlay, Ohio ... hires in your area..they're actually all about 'our' area, and ... like Prime, are one of the 20 best fleets to drive for~!! Quite the title. If he (husband) wasn't 'local/intrastate' and happy, He'd be with Garner. Check THEM out. They'd take you happily, having been w/Prime. (Garner is kinda 'elitist' as well, haha!) Garnertrucking.com btw ~!

good-luck-2.gifgood-luck.gifgood-luck-2.gif

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

1 year anniversary

Liz...

National Freight out of Vineland has many home daily opportunities.

Congratulations on your first year!

Good luck!

Will check them out Ty

thank-you-2.gif

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

1 year anniversary

I can’t believe on Oct. 30th was my one year anniversary. Talk about time flying. So question, when do I get awesome at backing?? 🤣😂

I just figure as long as I don’t hit anything or anyone, or make anything get cracked bent or broken, I am doing ok.

But with my one year. I need to figure out my next move and will need to be dropping my FM an email. I will say, I absolutely love driving for Prime and love otr. That said, family health issues is pushing me toward absolutely needing to be home more. I don’t really know what options to consider cause I planned on doing otr for a few years and maybe train. I have been on a daze for the last couple weeks cause I wasn’t aware of how bad things are.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks Liz

You can search for Road Driver positions with FedEx Freight here - https://careers.fedex.com/freight/jobs?location=new%20jersey&stretch=10&stretchUnit=MILES&page=1

FedEx linehaul goes out daily and back the same day. Or you can be adventurous and search for City Driver positions within your area with FedEx Freight.

Alternatively, I'd look for Intermodal positions in NJ. Running rails or containers from ports is a home everyday gig.

Will check it out thanks

Don’t know if I am ready for city driving I had my adventures just north of Boston on some small streets with a 53’ trailer. I said never again 😮🤔😂😅

Posted:  2 months, 1 week ago

Truck Simulator at Orientation

If the simulator gives you motion sickness, it did to me not like barf city but felt nauseous, they can darken the screen a bit and bring a pair of sun glasses. Just tell them ya feel queasy, and they will take care of you.

Posted:  2 months, 2 weeks ago

1 year anniversary

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks Liz

Posted:  3 months ago

What are people taught about backing

So I’ll hit you up with my prime experience. I was with my TNT trainer for 50k miles. It took me about 30k miles to get comfy backing. Did it every chance I could. During that time I had one blindside at a receiver my trainer spotted me and I managed to get it in the hole. I’m not throwing anyone under the bus, my trainer was great but weak in backing. He likes to wiggle it in small moves and pull-ups. No real standard points for setup etc. So for me I learned to do it that way not that I liked it. So almost a year in for driving and talking to experienced drivers and watching them. I’m getting it down pretty good, including backing into some tight places. I talk with my trainer and actually have been helping him with his set up.

As far as blindsiding, i truly try to avoid it. I had one I had to do in Kentucky and the receiving manager backed me in. He does it all the time. Just when I set up I though he wanted me close to the curb but he wanted me up on the side walk cause I’d hit the curb on the other side of the street. Go figure when I have an opportunity and space I try to practice. Still terrible at it but one day I’ll be ok. Just as long as I don’t, hit break, bend, or hurt anyone and it’s in the hole, I win. So if you see a struggling purple prime truck be patient and say hi.

At one time, we were all new.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Friend Not Liking Paid Training/Question

They have to be looking at more than that. At prime I had to take the road test three times. I missed a stop sign the first time and I curbed it the second. I got a serious talking to after my second attempt but I believe they would have given me a fourth try. Third time was a charm, maybe they saw how determined I was. I don’t know but if they don’t seem confident or are scared that could be factor. It’s serious business being out there on the road you have to be safe and secure with your driving skills.

Posted:  3 months, 3 weeks ago

Prime Inc. PSD Covid Edition

I always have plenty to eat. I got one of those galanz microwave convection and air fry ovens. I eat steak chicken pork you make it plus you can make a cake on it ( haven’t tried yet) plus I have a crock pot and a little George Forman so I eat well and shop Walmart’s and some of the quick stops in Wisconsin are mini grocery stores. Cheese curds a plus lol.

As far as working for a lease operator it can be more money and bonuses and time off depending on what they want to offer and you can still be a company driver (from what I understand somebody correct me if I’m wrong on this) .

As far as selection and getting food OTR, these trucks can go to the majority of WalMarts for shopping. Plenty of selection coast to coast.

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Just Another Prime Inc Endeavor

Welcome Raif,

My one year anniversary is coming up end of October with Prime. So still a noob but learning everyday.

Just so you know with sitting so much blood clots can be an issue, I had a swollen ankle and my dispatcher told me to get an ultrasound just to make sure there weren't any clots and to have the report handy if Prime request it. All good btw.

As far as tall, 6’3” Amazonian here and I am comfy on a Freightliner. When I was training if I hit the top bunk it was to sleep.

Anyway welcome to Prime! I did my training in Pittston, from NJ and my trainer lives in Florida, I loved when he did home time cause well it’s Florida lol and a rental car and spent time visiting in the Keys. don’t know why I moved back to NJ.

Well good luck you’ll do fine. Oh get your computer learning done as fast as possible and pretrip, pretrip, and pretrip.

good-luck.gif

Posted:  4 months, 3 weeks ago

Been litchobgb but still here

Just an update my blood test came back negative but then again I had been on antibiotics for almost two weeks.

Thank you for the concern Feeling way better and rolling down the road thank-you-2.gif

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Been litchobgb but still here

My auto correct likes to create new words!!’ smile.gif

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime Inc. PSD Covid Edition

Soon enough you’ll be out there good luck! You shouldn’t just drive nights but as you both run your clocks and with loading and unloading and waiting you will drive nights and days. Good to get use to it. Hi

As far as Comdata goes and pay, your next pay should be going into your checking account but you can always conform with payroll that they have your info. Same thing happened to me first one went onto my Comdata, then went to direct deposit on my own acct.

Good luck again

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Prime Inc. PSD Covid Edition

Thank you!!!

I promise to be around more!

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Been litchobgb but still here

I meant to say lurking...for some reason my auto correct is stupid or my fingers are big. Lol. I forget if I can fix that

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Prime Inc. PSD Covid Edition

I never left, finished my TNT and been upgraded since March. I’m laid up sick a few days and thought. I miss ya all! I ought to drop a message or two!

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Been litchobgb but still here

So it’s been a while since I’ve posted but wanted to say Hey I am still here. I finished TNT in February and upgraded as a lease operator with Prime. So far so good a minor glitch here and there but doing well. I won’t go into my decision to go lease but will say that I do have enough years operating businesses to be comfortable doing this.

I will say I am still adjusting to being on the road the toughest part is being away from family and making the time to be there. We are all getting there and starting to get a groove.

I just ended up with time, currently sick apparently on home time I acquired a tick with Lyme Disease. I have dodged that forever my mom and sister had gotten it anyway a month and a half ago a pulled a tick off of me and paid no mind to it. I had some wrist and finger pain a few weeks ago and figured it was more like carpal tunnel then anything else. Well it then my elbow, shoulder and eventually my knee and ankle joints are hurting beyond belief. I can barely stand up and it took two hands to remove a fuel cap and raising and lowering landing gear had been rough. I got my antibiotics to take for the next 21 days. Feeling just a lil better and wanting to get back on the road. I did learn a couple things though, my health insurance does not cover me out of state and. pay attention to those little pains before they get bad. Also laugh when ya can cause it helps

So anyway Hi everyone I’mmmmmmm back!

Posted:  5 months, 3 weeks ago

Prime Inc. PSD Covid Edition

Good luck and Welcome to Prime!

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Started training with Prime

Thanks,

I reached out to my dispatcher about returning but he didn’t get back to me. It is hard to wrap up affairs here. I figured a few days week tops. Which makes tight to get finished up.

Something similar happened when i was in TNT. Prime was very accomodating. Just be sure to be back before 29 days... that is the point at which you are no longer an employee and have to go through the whole hiring process all over. that is true for anyone who doesnt qualify for FMLA.

sorry for your loss

sorry for your loss

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Started training with Prime

So the family emergency was that my ex had past away and our son an only child needs me. They were doing hospice and my son who is 23, grew up quite a bit in the past few weeks. My ex wanted to be home and with him. All I can say is my ex and I raise him as a team and I have much respect for them. He is a great young man, I couldn’t be any more proud of him. To see what he had done, I have been truly amazed. He needs help with arrangements, cleaning out the apartment, and moving into our home. I can only hope that if I ever have to go through this that he is there for me as well. Oh and cancer sucks!