Comments By Free Spirit ( AKA #Hashtag)

https://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac298/Wdorman44/debd822a-5039-4b3a-bf09-bcaf7557faa2_zpsfb977824.jpg avatar

My update with Prime Inc.

Jeff is almost finished and he is really happy about his decision to go with Prime. He has had two great trainers also, which is a huge plus!!

I'm heading out next week to go test out for my permit, and lining up all of my necessary paperwork.

I'M READY TO GET OUT OF HERE & GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The way it used to be....

I used to listen to trucker songs when I was a little girl. I remember those songs. My favorite song was Convoy by C.W. McCall. I would listen to it over and over until I knew all of the words....hahahahahah

It's getting real....

LOL!!!!rofl-3.gif

You do see the preview button, right? LOLshocked.png

It's getting real....

smile.gif

Just remember to have fun!!! Congrats and I'm sure we will be reading up on your progress!!

good-luck-2.gifgood-luck.gif

Does anyone use Twitter for anything?

I like having this forum only. I don't want to feel like I have to jump from TT, to FaceCrack, to Twitter to see if I missed anything. I used Twitter one time and that was only to keep up with the WSOP...once it was done...so was I.

smile.gif

Wondering about how you stay in touch with the family while on the road.

Hi Brinda........Welcome to TT! I can only help you a little. Verizon seems to have the widest coverage and a choice by many, but you will have to talk to them and see which plan works best for you. Your best bet to keep in touch is by cell, and if you have a smart phone there are several apps you can download to video chat. One is Tango, and of course you can Skype on a cell also. As far as internet service IN the trucks, I'm going to say no, but you can connect by WiFi at Truck Stops for a fee. And of course I have seen some places such as coffee shops and McDonald's offer WiFi.

As far as Companies to work for, you will have to decide what company works for you and your husband. You can go to How To Choose A Company , Trucking Companies. Also, you can copy your question here, go to General and paste ....that will be easier than trying to retype everything. Once you post there, you will have a lot of suggestions and ideas from others.

Hope I could help at least a little. Good luck and let us know how you are coming along. You will enjoy this site A LOT!!! There are a lot of very helpful folks here.

~Free

Question about endorsements

2 inch fingernails!!!!shocked.png I'm sure glad I don't have those.....I keep just enough to do some damage to an eyeball!!rofl-3.gif

Thanks Starcar....smile.gif

Question about endorsements

Are endorsements stating that you have general knowledge in that particular field and have passed a state knowledge test? I do understand that the more endorsements you have the more doors can be opened for you in your career. I'm looking for a clear answer of what an endorsement is exactly.

I'm getting things in order now.....my time is coming up pretty fast :)

Ahhh snake in a truck!!! Lol

A friend of mine just bought a snake and bought frozen dead mice...it ate it...she posted it on Facebook...YUK!!!

I'm with Starcar...I don't do the snake/reptile thing .... I guess I'm just a little too girly embarrassed.gif

Ahhh snake in a truck!!! Lol

rofl-1.gifrofl-1.gifrofl-1.gifrofl-1.gif @ Starcar!!!!

I would be afraid the thing would get out of the cage....whole new meaning to "Snake on Board"....LOL

Not to mention....where are you going to store its food? Next to your bologna in the frig?wtf-2.gif

Having a little fun with a flat-bed load

Don't forget Oyster Shots! Layered shot glass: Raw Oyster, hot sauce, beer.....smack it on the table, make it fizz....and down the pipe!!! YummmmmmmO' !!!!!!dancing.gif

Enjoying Prime

I was just curious, I have become friends with a lot of Prime Instructor/trainer wives. It can be a small world sometimes. I am really glad to hear you are enjoying yourself!!

Jeff is almost finished with his phase 2....he has knocked out 21k of the 30k......shewwwww! We were talking last night about how we "thought" training would fly by, however, that is not the case since we are both so excited about our new lifestyle, challenges, and hard work that we will be putting in together as a team. Hopefully, by this time next year my status will be "Rookie driver" good-luck-2.gif

Have fun...and keep us updated when you can!

#PeaceOut

My Truck Driving Mentors

I would not change a thing about this forum. I have seen folks in need of a answer quickly and there was always someone here to answer. However, I know you all want that person to have the "correct" answer, so maybe a star or a title could be added to the experienced drivers who want to take on this responsibility, and make a "flagged note" stating a response would be given as soon as possible. The driver that is in need of an answer quickly should flag their question as needed. As far as "having a mentor", I read in another post how a lot of you talk to each other on the phone daily, so just keep it as that and if a reader/newbie/rookie wants to have that "one person" to talk to and ask questions, they can arrange that themselves.

Having a mentor is a great idea, but this site is just too large and your jobs are tough enough to add the stress of having to constantly check emails and answer phones. I would only trust the answers of someone that has been "marked qualified".

Just my opinion and I know nothing...lol....but I'm learning!!!

Having a little fun with a flat-bed load

rofl-1.gifrofl-1.gifrofl-1.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-3.gifrofl-3.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-3.gifrofl-1.gifrofl-1.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-2.gifrofl-2.gif

Creating a parking spot

Nice Job! Just a couple of weeks ago, while I was waiting to pick Jeff up at the truck stop, I watched a driver try to squeeze into a spot like this....why(?) I have no idea because there were plenty of spaces. However, I felt bad for the guy. Somehow he ended up with his truck wedged against the curb (where I was parked) and as he was trying to wiggle his way out of it, he must have screwed something up because he was still there the next morning with the Road Mechanic. I was really trying not to stare at the poor guy....I could see the "uh oh" look on his face.

Daniel is coming thru my neck of the woods..

dancing-banana.gif Those are great pics!!! I'm happy that y'all were able to meet up! Even more happier that we have a close up of 'Ole Pinkle!smile.gif

All Star Banquet

dancing.gifdancing.gifdancing.gif WooooHoooooodancing.gifdancing.gifdancing.gif

WAY TO GO REDGATOR!!!! CONGRATS!!!

Enjoying Prime

Hey Mongo....I'm happy that things are going smoothly for you. Jeff had told me all of the horror stories that could happen if you were not prepared. If you don't mind me asking, who is your trainer?

In defense of Daniel B.

Hey Daniel...AKA Pinkle...........Jeff has about 10k miles left in training..I have my fingers crossed he gets a pink truckgood-luck-2.gif I told him if he does, I'm buying zebra print seat covers..........................dancing-banana.gif

He is not fond of my idea!!!rofl-3.gif

#LOL

Rider Policy

Hi CSettle.................Welcome to TT. Jeff and I made the same decision as your post states. He is in his 2nd phase of training with Prime. They have a day one policy also, and it is $10/wk cost for insurance.

Let us know where you two decide to go and check back in here for any questions, help, or advice. This is the best site out there. Read, read, and read....you will learn so much here!!!!

#GoodLuck