Profile For Truckin Along With Kearsey

Truckin Along With Kearsey 's Info

Truckin Along With Kearsey 's Bio

Hi guys! I am a Prime driver of 4 years, and a team trainer. I love my job and company. So many drivers helped me in the beginning that I have dedicated myself to giving back.

rainydal74@gmail.com or check out my YouTube link!

Truckin Along With Kearsey 's Photo Gallery Group 1 of 10

Posted:  3 hours, 57 minutes ago

Reefer Parking

Nope.... Some dry van nose in cause they don't like the running of the reefer. But we have APUs also that make noise. Im.not nosing in which is dangerous

Posted:  9 hours, 42 minutes ago

A Trainer's Dream Student!!

Also kearsey im 8 calls deep. Prime is still outshining everone by lightyears, for pay for refresher trainees, you may train me one day 😂😂😂 was you and one other feller made me call. So if either of ya do its on you two 🤣🤣🤣 glad yall pointed prime out though!

Nope nope nope!! Im not THAT much of a glutton for punishment!!

rofl-1.gifrofl-2.gif

Actually as a whole, students from this forum do better than others in training cause they know better what to expect.

Good luck

Posted:  1 day ago

Roehl or CFI?

Great news!!! What I have been learning is that it has to do with attitude. We have seen students go to Roehl who complained about everything!!! We knew right away they would fail at trucking. Others who are flexible and adapt do great.

It is usually more about the person than the company. Good luck

Posted:  1 day, 1 hour ago

A Trainer's Dream Student!!

The past couple of students i had were doozies. One was so unsafe I refused to pick her up after home time. Talking on the phone while driving and taking pictures while driving in a construction zone were big problems.

I now have a wonderful student!!!! Many trainers state that one thing students fail to do is read signs. I stress this in training. Read the signs. Every sign.

Last night I awoke to my trainee whispering. I was irate thinking she was on the phone trying to be sneaky. I soon realized she was not only reading every sign... But singing it.

(Green acres theme tune)

Weigh stations are the place to be.... Narrow Lanes are ahead for me.... Trucks entering the highway

It was great! Im.so excited to have someone who truly wants to learn

Posted:  1 day, 1 hour ago

Speeding was most-cited violation during Safe Driver Week

And Prime's turtles of the highway won the race!!!

rofl-2.gifrofl-1.gifrofl-3.gif

Posted:  1 day, 1 hour ago

Im Lost!

Hi.. I drive for Prime and believe it or not many companies do not allow cats. The cat was one reason I chose Prime. Our training period is extremely long though. During training you cannot bring the cat. Boarding facilities wont allow it to remain more than 30 days in most cases so giving it to a friend or family member during training may be the only option.

Here is a video I did about pets on the truck.

Trucking with Pets

Posted:  2 days, 8 hours ago

Im sure its been asked countless times lol

rofl-2.gifrofl-1.gifrofl-3.gif

That is it!!! Tell my story! Actually.... I was 1 month solo after 30k miles. So had I done the 50k I probably wouldnt have done it cause I would have had my trainers help.

It is all about prevention. If you have an accident while training, you certainly arent going to be better on your own. They need to make sure you know it Plus sometimes it is about giving winter driving to newbies.

Posted:  3 days, 1 hour ago

Im sure its been asked countless times lol

Primes "refresher course" is actually the same schooling program everyone else goes through. You do t take the exam though. So other companies may do the same thing. Call and ask them do not rely on other drivers

Posted:  4 days ago

Going to the DMV to get CDL

That should be good. Many people test at companies then take the paperwork back home which takes time.

Posted:  4 days, 2 hours ago

Am I too old to get my CDL

Try Jim Palmer. They train and run western regional.

Posted:  4 days, 7 hours ago

How big is too big?

If you can sleep with it on a twin mattress it is all good. That is your storage space.. You bed.

Posted:  6 days, 22 hours ago

2014 freightliner cascadia

Hello, all my lighters 4 of them in sleeper cascadia 2010 with apu (it happens even when my apu is on- so its charging batteries) , are going down when my engine is not running after few minutes, before that I can here beeeep sound, this thing didn't happened before I m using one coleman cooler and charger for phone. Any ideas? Than you

That sounds like low voltage issues. When my International dtains too much power it stops the accesories like 12v to save the batteries. Check the batteries

Posted:  1 week ago

Finding a new job with a preventable accidents on my record

This is curious. The truck malfunctioned...you hit a stationary object not any personal property or injuring other drivers. And you got fired. It is usually a 3 strike rule so sounds like some other things happened in the past?

Posted:  1 week ago

Accidents while training?

No. Everything you do whether with your CLP (permit) or CDL will stay on your record. It will most likely be listed as a "preventable incident" not an accident. Many companies differentiate between the two. A DOT reportable "accident" is FIT... Fatality Injury or Tow. So if neither vehicle was towed and no one is hurt or killed it is an incident. Usually companies allow 3 before terminating you.

Learn your lesson and GOAL.. Get Out and Look. Do not let this distract you or you will have more issues. Despite what people think... Companies expect you to hit things. They also expect you to accept responsibility for it (dont blame others or the trainer. You did it ) and learn.

As for your auto insurance etc it does not work the same way. You will not receive points like you would in a personal vehicle. You wont get an increase in your personal insurance. I hit a trailer my 3rd week with permit. Five months later while solo I knocked a. Axle off a trailer. It is true. Here I am 5 years later no more accidents and no service failures. I get everything I want. And no one remembers my issues.

Good luck.

Posted:  1 week ago

Prime Inc Trainee

Yay!!! And thanks so much on the blog article feedback. It means a lot to know it helps.

Stay safe and we are here. If you need specific advice hit me up here or on Youtube.

Posted:  1 week ago

Carter Express Inc

Only thing I know.... They have a terminal in Anderson In across from a Nestle plant. They seem to haul a bit of freight out of that plant.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

DOT Physical and psychiatric drugs

Does taking psychiatric drugs cause you to fail the physical? If so, is there anything to be done about it?

Even if you pass the physical... Your company may reject the medication. Every company will give you their own physical. There are quite a few meds on Primes banned list. They sometimes suggest a list of acceptable meds then give you 30 days to comply and come back.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Is there still hope after more than 1 Suspension ?

So my license has been suspended 3 times in the last 5 years. ( I know it’s not looking good already). The first suspension was for a DUI over 5 years ago, the other 2 suspensions were for misdemeanor marijuana possession (the first Marijuana charge was four years ago and the second charge was a year and a half ago) I was able to get the DUI and the first marijuana charge non adjudicated which means they aren’t on my record and my license has been in good standing for nearly a year and I’ve never received any traffic tickets. I’m wonder what my changes are of being hired by a company after school ?

Zack I deleted your response. The truth is that many trucking companies who train are self insured and expect a 1 year commitment. They also expect 3 full years of a clean record. Zip. NADA. The lower paying companies may accept a couple indiscretions but protecting your license is one of the most important attributes companies respect. If you protect your interests you will protect theirs. If you dont protect yourself you wont protect theirs This job IS all about judgment and how not to kill anyone. We do take that seriously here

Also. You included DUI and drug issues. That alone raises problems. Some companies will not accept a DUI at all.... Even 20 years later. And drugs? When was the end of your sentence because most companies will want 3 years since the completion of your sentence. Mind altering substances and those affect reflexes are very significant. Even many prescribed medications are banned by companies.

You need to just apply everywhere... But it will be a long hard struggle.

DO NOT pay for CDL school. Find a company like CR England or PAM to accept you for their sponsorship program. You can pay for your school but it will be hard to get hired and after a few months. You will be told you need to go through schooling all over again. Dont waste your time and money

Good luck

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Making the jump

Recruiters take days off. Lol. What do you need to hear if you have the invitation. I only talked to my recruiter twice before I came to prime

Posted:  1 week, 2 days ago

Trucking company?

Leeva.... It depends on where you live. Walmart dedicated in MS is much easier for new drivers than one in Maine. Therefore companies have different lengths of experience required... Including tight roads and backing as well as winter weather. Also veteran drivers will want the great routes