Profile For Truckin Along With Kearsey

Truckin Along With Kearsey 's Info

Truckin Along With Kearsey 's Bio

Hi guys! I am a Prime driver of 5.5 years, and a team trainer. I love my job and company. So many drivers helped me in the beginning that I have dedicated myself to giving back.

truckingalongfun@gmail.com or check out my YouTube link!

Truckin Along With Kearsey 's Photo Gallery Group 1 of 11

Posted:  4 days, 20 hours ago

CFI wrecked my trailer. They don’t want to pay

I feel your frustration... Different states have different rules. In Nj that is indeed how it works...each insurance company pays and then the insurance companies fight it out.

This is one of those things that as an owner Op you need to be aware of too prevent the situation. What if this happens with no witnesses and driver get away. What if it turned out the driver didn't have insurance? People drive illegally.

Best bet. To to OOIDA for owners. This site as for new drivers and mostly company drivers. Good luck

Posted:  5 days, 5 hours ago

Is majority big carriers taking new drivers with an automatic E restriction on cdl A?

I asked a dealer and only 5% of new trucks sold are manuals. However... Now that you started trucking school some carriers will not accept you until you get the CDL.

I know prime has rejected people for dropping out of CDL school and those who quit other company programs

Posted:  1 week ago

Queen of the Road winners named by REAL Women in Trucking

Thanks you thank-you.gif thank-you-2.gif

Posted:  1 week, 4 days ago

First at fault accident

I'm confused. As I read your description she hit the side of your trailer. While backing up in traffic is NEVER a good idea (BAD driver, BAD! - had to say it) she hit a large, slow moving object that wasn't moving towards her. Have you had a chance to look over your trailer for damage to your tires, scratched paint, missing DOT tape or any other signs of impact? I get why you wouldn't necessarily feel it, I don't understand how you're, "at fault". Besides, "at fault" is the 4-wheeler standard. For professional drivers the standard is, "preventable".

There is a difference between at fault and preventable. Example... A car merges onto the highway. I am in the right lane... With the right of way. The car maintains my speed and gets hit between me and the guard rail. Its a preventable for me. Not my fault..but a preventable.

Why? I could have changed lanes. I could have sped or slowed. Yes I have the right of way. No I didnt cause it. But im a professional driver held to a higher standard.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

First at fault accident

Take a minute and breathe.

No lawyers needed. Prime will pay the damages. Prime is not going to fire you. Worst case... They will send you to the safety SIM class which you have been here a year anyway right? So it is about time to redo that anyway. And you will get paid $100 for the class.

They know you wont feel it hit. Other people have swiped parked cars and not known. You are not going to get fleeing the scene. I will pay you $500 if you do.

I said that here publicly cause im that sure.

If you have no other incidents and have been a productive driver and on time they are not going to let you go for a minor thing. You didn't kill anyone... No one got run off the road.... The truck didn't flip...nothing was on fire...

And you didn't lie.... Cause they can actually see what gear you are in. Now... If you said you never reversed and she said you did and they pulled your stats and saw you in reverse... That would be a different story. They wouldn't trust a liar.

You will be fine.

Posted:  2 weeks ago

What Company Sponsored CDL School has a Truck Simulator to train on?

Prime uses them as evaluation tools. They want to see if you are reading signs and checking mirrors. Stuff like that.

Posted:  2 weeks, 2 days ago

The TruckingTruth Meet Up Thread

Me and Cajunwon

0518180001626035605.jpg

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

The TruckingTruth Meet Up Thread

I am finally starting to feel like my old self again. Took some time to have dinner with Diver Driver at the terminal

0003274001626014905.jpg

Posted:  2 weeks, 3 days ago

Adverse Action Notice? TMC

Lomg story... But my sister was schizophrenic and I had a restraining order on her. She passed away 5 years before I came to prime but an issue with her popped in my background. I got questioned. There maybe something you completely forgot about or never realized mattered.

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Hey kirsten I saw you in prime inc magazine

Thanks

Page 11

Streaming for Good

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Prime Training Pay Increased to $900 Gross per week

0427430001625606133.jpg

0649422001625606171.jpg

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Prime Training Pay Increased to $900 Gross per week

Prime announced $900 to those who attend Primes school and $800 those who enter Prime training who got their CDL elsewhere.

They also are waiving the $100 administration fee.

Posted:  3 weeks ago

Hey kirsten I saw you in prime inc magazine

It's me 😂 thanks for the shout out.

I have so much going on in my life right now... Sorry I have been away

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Thoughts on making a company change?

Talk to your dispatcher. They cant fix what isnt broken and always want to make the good safe drivers happy.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

O/O truck

I didn't have time to type this out before. sorry

Most OO have no idea what we get paid. They think offering 30cpm to team with a 1cpm fuel bonus is good. As a straight team I averaged 42cpm with bonuses for all miles..

They think 51cpm is good with a $25 per week fuel bonus. I average about 58cpm with bonuses. My fuel bonus is usually between $100 to $250 per week. A rookie just got $175 in fuel bonuses this week...he sent me his pay.

They offer "flexible home time" of 8 to 10 days every 8 weeks. That is less than what I get now.

They want high revenue and low miles so a driver can be sitting a lot and the OO is doing good. My one friend took home $300 for a whole week. I do twice as much on home time 😆

Some have you deal.with both dispatch and them and you do double the paperwork for no extra pay. Some unscrupulous ones will have the new driver pay the insurance deductible for accidents...totally wrong. They even give newbies bad info on logs to keep them rolling such as "5 minutes on duty for everything".

Many are just bad businessman in general. One guy offered me "a guarantee of $1000 per week with a potential of $1500". I laughed and walked away.

Most offer only 1 week vacation even to experienced drivers... I get 3 weeks.

What they don't offer:

Wellness bonus... I get between $10 and $20 per week True fuel bonus Sometimes they keep the on time delivery and accident free bonus. Some give you a portion of the detention prime split with them.

What they do offer:

A lot of headaches A new fleet manager who will side.with them

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

Life as a rookie with Prime Inc

Hi. You will be commuted to the Salt Lake City terminal for orientation then be placed with a team trainer. Once you get done some classes you go OTR.

You don't need a nearby terminal cause the trainer will take you to a nearby truck stop to drop you off pick u up from hometime. Home time during training is worked out between you and the trainer. As a trainer, I can choose my home time dates and lengths..you have the option of going home also so express your needs. The amount of days home is unpredictable in training..

For example... I had students from MS, FL and SC. I love in NJ. By the time I dropped then and took my time then returned, they were off.for 2.weeks or so. Once solo it will be 4 weeks out 4 days home return on 5th day. Be safe and on time and you get more flexibility but that takes proving yourself.

You will have to run a Minimum of 40k truck miles in training. It may be more due to truck availability. There has been an international shortage of trucks but some seem to be ramping up production again.

When you go solo you will take the truck home with you so terminal location does not.matter. I am dispatched out of MO but live in NJ. Many drivers only go to terminals for repairs, others hang there.

Hope this helps. I have a YT channel of the same name that could help.

Posted:  3 weeks, 3 days ago

Schneider

The mega carriers seem to have a 3 strike rule so you may not get fired. Prime would.offer to put you back in training.

Both of these occured by not swinging wide enough and they will expect you to learn from that. Any incident is considered and incident that must be reported, otherwise they cant trust you. So yes even a nudge of someone else's property is damage. The customer would have been blamed for the broken bolt. Someone had to fix it and take time out of their job. You bet schneider will be getting a bill for that.

Tell them what you learned, but don't be flippant. In this writing you sound sarcastic and "no big deal". Truth is, if they cannot trust you to handle the rig in a parking lot or yard, how are you going to handle 70mph hills and curves? That is their logic.

Truth....most rookies have yard damage not road accidents. Live and learn. Good luck

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Training Provider Registry website now taking registrations

So if I go to renew my Hazmat will I have to do a this fluff? Says its not retroactive....

So am I reading this right? If a cdl holder now wants to add a pass or hz mat endorsement they will have to take a class before they can take the skills test??

That's how I read it.

Laura

I dont think it means that. It said for the first time. I think it meant current drivers will not be added to the registry as having already been trained.

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

Reckless Driving ticket and becoming a trucker

I had a pretty clean MRV, one ticket 10 over, 4 years ago, but a year ago I stupidly paid more attention to my wife than the road in a car with a cvt. I got popped at the bottom of a hill for 75 in a 55. Then I decided to compound on my stupidity and when the judge gave me a chance to reduce the charge I decided to not go to driver's school and take it. I thought it was reduced based on a record search I did, so after hearing about the shortage, I started looking into become a truck driver and the more I learn, the more I love it. So my questions are, If there is a training company that will take me, please let me know! (but after talking to CR England, Prime, CRST, and Wilson's I am pretty sure they don't exist). Now the more poignant question is if I get a CDL on my own does anybody know of company that would hire me then. I am about to hit 40 and need to make a major career change if I am going to retire safely.

Even if you get a CDL from a local school, it does not expunge that reckless driving ticket. If companies rejected to take you to their school, they still wont hire you will a CDL. Primes looks down on new CDL grads because they have to be retrained to use our newer trucks and technology.

CR England rejected you and they are a second chance company. Good luck. It will take awhile. You may want to wait a year or 2 to put more distance since that ticket.

Posted:  3 weeks, 6 days ago

I am interested in being a Truck driver in the future but…

Anyway, Cassandra, you want to make sure your prescriptions aren't on this list: https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?rgn=div5&node=21:9.0.1.1.9#se21.9.1308_111

None of mine are on the list. However, you can find truck drivers saying they are on various forums. They don't seem to know what they're talking about. Also, I found a drug that works great for my anxiety: Buspar. You might want to try it if you decide to go ahead with becoming a truck driver. Good luck!

Just because a med is DOT acceptable does not mean a company will accept it. Companies can put stiffer stipulations. Example... Trazadone is an antianxiety medication that is non addictive. Prime does not accept this, but I know other companies that will.