Profile For Truckin Along With Kearsey

Truckin Along With Kearsey 's Info

Truckin Along With Kearsey 's Bio

Hi guys! I am a Prime driver of almost 7 years, and a team trainer and certified CDL Instructor. I love my job and company. So many drivers helped me in the beginning that I have dedicated myself to giving back.

truckingalongfun@gmail.com or check out my YouTube link!

Truckin Along With Kearsey 's Photo Gallery Group 1 of 12

Posted:  1 day, 13 hours ago

Words of encouragement for backing struggles

Is her previous trainer still "training" students?

Posted:  1 day, 19 hours ago

Words of encouragement for backing struggles

If any of you follow my videos. You would have seen my student Maria who got her CDL in December and upgraded to her own truck around March. She was terrified to go solo

Yesterday she sent me a pic of a difficult backing maneuver she did on the first try. In just a few months she has gained so much confidence.

Currently I have a woman in team training who had no backing with her previous team trainer. I was her CDL instructor so I agreed to take her teaming to finish her miles. Today she did a very hard back and got so excited when she did it all alone.

One of the greatest privileges of training is to see the excitement on ones face when the backing clicks!

You can do it too!

Posted:  1 week ago

How do you feel about the ways chain restrictions are communicated to drivers?

Prime may be the gold standard of training, based on my limited knowledge of the Prime program. I trained with Schneider and spent two weeks on the road with an exceptional trainer. But I believe it should have been four or six weeks. The economic cost of training drivers is, unfortunately, a limiting factor.

Honestly it depends on the trainer and the student. I had students who were eager and in 3 weeks would have been great to go solo. I have had students that after 6 weeks I kicked off the truck, knowing a year wouldn't help them.

I had one woman for 6 months due to her wanting winter driving training. She was ready to go very early on, but lacked the confidence.

Posted:  1 week ago

FMCSA report

I believe those are DOT reportable crashes, ie: injury, fatal, or tow away. Small non reportables will be on his DAC though.

True... I was trying to figure out which report he meant.

Posted:  1 week ago

My horrible experience with Schneider training center in Phoenix AZ, read before you apply

In the first paragraph he said he called them every 3 hours for 3 days. Right there i went hmmm

wtf-2.gif wtf.gif

Posted:  1 week ago

FMCSA report

A quick Google and the DOT website says this:

It shows a 5 year crash history and a 3 year inspection history.

So 5 years from the most recent and you will be in the clear.

0829132001659804541.jpg

Posted:  1 week ago

My last day!

good-luck.gif good-luck.gif

Posted:  1 week ago

I am back to teaming and look how much i missed

I think I'm going to do a new reaction serious on my channel.... "how to spot a trucking drop out"

This guy reminds me of "Professor X" who bashed Roehl

Definitely not trucking material. Not once did he even mention his classmates.... They were in the heat, getting yelled at by an instructor, and eating less than desirable free food. How much did they complain?

I would never have taken him in team training.

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

How do you feel about the ways chain restrictions are communicated to drivers?

WYDOT site is my favorite. It gives you a color coded chart. Exits and gives reasons and estimates

0934165001659744451.jpg

Posted:  1 week, 1 day ago

Failed drug test(marijuana) almost 10 yrs ago stevens denied me for cdl training school,help?!

HI... This is a legal lawsuit issue. You documented that you failed a drug test. If you have an accident without proving you went through a Substance Abuse Prevention program, the company would be held to a higher liability limit.

Ask the companies what would be required for you to get into their training. Some may have different standards than others.

Apply everywhere. Good luck

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

So you Want to run local???

Anne.. in that Cassie crying video... I had her laughing so hard she was crying and peeing her pants. On 4 different occasions now she laughed so hard.... Once she had to park the truck cause she was driving and crying

It's been fun

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

So you Want to run local???

This is a video of a very chaotic place with extremely difficult backing. OTR drivers like me being the product in as locals are pulling them out. And there is no way I would want to do this every day!

Worst Trucking Customer Ever!

Posted:  1 week, 3 days ago

New to forum; not as new to trucking

Hi Ryan and welcome. Feel frée to ask any questions.

Posted:  1 week, 5 days ago

How do you feel about the ways chain restrictions are communicated to drivers?

Here is my recent experience on donner.. in May mother's day weekend. We were at the bottom of the mountain about to climb, passing the last truck stop before the point of no return. DOT and the weather channel... And the state dot app stated that chains would go into affect in about 5 hours. The officer told us 'you have plenty of time to make it over before it gets worse.". It was snowing but nothing sticking.

2 Miles away they were forcing everyone to chain. Now it was too late to park it.

After I got the chains laid out and was securing them, DOT came by and said "lifted, get moving". Wasted a ton of time packing the chains back up.

On Cabbage both 2022 and 2020 weather reports and DOT said chains not required. 2022 Easter weekend weather app said 45 degrees at top of cabbage. All sunny. At the bottom it was bright and sunny with no jacket needed. We got to the top of cabbage and the snow was so bad that I made my student park and had to create a path at the rest area.

In 2020 at Cabbage the light up sign came on as I was passing it "chains required within 2 miles". There was no place to stop at that point. The next parking area was 17 miles away. I would rather have signs and indicators before I can park and make that decision to go. I personally think the weather changes too quickly in some of these places which explains the miscommunication with the DOT officer on Donner or the weather apps on Cabbage.

Posted:  1 week, 6 days ago

Private property

Since covid theft of trucks and trailers is on the rise. A new trailer that used to cost $30k is now going for $100k. The parts are are on back order and cost a great deal.

Prime has had multiple trailers stolen and issued rewards for them. They also stated more cargo theft so pay closer attention to your locks.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Home time, and the need for lots of curse-y words.

I guess I’m in the minority. They owe you that and screw them if they don’t see it that way!!!

It's not the company having issues giving her home time....it's family and sometimes typical trucking issues..m traffic, construction, customer delays.

I go through it all the time a week before home time everything annoys me.

Posted:  2 weeks, 1 day ago

Trying to get CLP

Something that happens is People read the question too quickly. Slow down and think. It is very easy to misread it.

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Blacklisted?

I can't speak on all companies, but I know Prime will not accept someone who started a local CDL school and did not finish.

Not only does it show a lack of commitment and/or skills, but the person often has to go through the entire CDL schooling portion again because the reference points on the pad and turn points of the trucks are different.

I am a CDL Instructor for Prime and one of my students went to a local school for five months! and still took 2 weeks longer to pass than others. Despite having her 160 hour certificate, she had to sign a new contract and do the entire course over.

So her original school was a waste of time and money. Prime only accepted her because she had the certificate but never tested.

Posted:  3 weeks, 1 day ago

Truck park information

Getting the land is the huge part. The property taxes and local.permits will be astronomical. Getting approved would be a chore as residents and businesses do not want the additional truck traffic and environmental issues

And what services will you offer?

"Truck park" meaning what? I can park my truck and go home for the weekend? That only helps locals. The OTR drivers need showers, restrooms, food, trailer washouts would be nice. And since the truck stops give us free showers for fuel.as well as shopping rewards points... You would get less income from a convenience store than you may expect. Truckers can be cheap. I pay for parking out of convenience. I know drivers who would rather sleep on a ramp.than pay for parking.

How would you advertise? You would have to pay for apps like Truckers Path for drivers to find you.

Posted:  3 weeks, 2 days ago

I want to start my own box truck business

One thing to do is look at your license. NC will allow a K restriction for which you do not need a DOT physical update. This would allow you to drive inside NC only.

In the event you want to drive out of state, you would need a new med card. So it depends on how you handled your CDL back then.